URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 533
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Pick the Barry Manilow Tune You'd Want to Hear"

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-12-04 at 08:15 PM
Since Barry Manilow will be a celebrity judge next month, I thought it would be fun to see what songs you'd like to hear.

Do you think George will sing "Mandy"? Do you want someone to sing "Daybreak"? I really don't care, as long as it's not "I Write the Songs".

I can only take so much schmaltz before I go nuts!

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"My predictions & wishes"
Posted by Angelfood on 03-12-04 at 10:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 11:21 PM (EST)

John Stevens - "I write the songs", that bore the au-di-ence.
George - "Looks like I made it", i mean, "We made it"
Matthew - "oh, Randy", i mean, "oh, Mandy"
Jennifer - "Could it be magic" holding my dress up.
Camille - "ready to take a chance" on Simon
Jonpeter - "dancin fool"
Fantasia - "can't smile without you" (ode to Loreal lipstick)
Latoya London - "weekends in new england"
bLeah - "its a miracle" that I'm here
Diana - "Bandstand boogie", (she's got the outfits already)
Jasmin - "you're lookin hot tonight"
and
Amy - must do "Copacabana"!!!! with yellow feathers in her hair, and her dress cut down to there.

Dang you, now they're in my mind

"RE: My predictions & wishes"
Posted by Karennz on 03-13-04 at 03:20 PM
"When October Goes." It's definitely more grown-up than most of Manilow's tunes. Haunting, moving, just too beautiful for words. It would be perfect for John Stephens if he were about 15 years older. But I'd still like for him to sing it if this song is used on AI. The only other person who's got the chops for "When October Goes" is LaToya. I'm hoping she takes it all at the end of the series.

Posted by BriarRosie on 03-13-04 at 06:54 PM
Wow! Not only have you given it a lot of thought, you themed every song to each performer! LOL!

Great job!

Lori

Survivor: Adventurers Club
Outdrink, Outlaugh, Outkungaloosh!

Posted by bobstew617 on 03-15-04 at 01:00 PM
Amy - must do "Copacabana"!!!! with yellow feathers in her hair, and her dress cut down to there.

That was CLASSIC, angelfood--it will be interesting to see what they actually perform. Manilow has enough material to go around, especially if there are 8 or so when he's on. I just hope John Stevens sings more of an upbeat Manilow song--he could make one of his ballads a big snoozer!

Posted by AMAI on 03-15-04 at 09:31 PM
Angelfood, m'dear, you cut my post off at the knees. I was going to complain that there aren't enough BM songs for each singer to sing something different, but you've proved that wrong.

Maybe the Manilow AI night won't suck completely. Oh what am I saying? It's these twits singing - of course it's mostly going to suck.

But thanks for the list - it will be fun to see how many of your match-ups actually occur!

"Insider secret"
Posted by Angelfood on 03-15-04 at 10:05 PM
*whispers*

psst. Actually, I've never heard a few of them (I don't even know When October...) . A quick search on Amazon works wonders. I had the idea for a few, and it kind of snowballed from there.

My list was only semi-serious at most, a few singers that I would like to see sing those songs (I remember from my childhood), but the others just happened to fit with mean things I wanted to say about them. ;)

So if anyone had some serious suggestions, please add.

It wouldn't be so bad, if they'd let me do the song selection and fashion pics. Well, at least it'd be funny. And judging too. I'll sit here and wait by the phone.

La da dat dat da.