URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 532
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Can we keep Michael Flannery Forever???"

Posted by mindy23 on 10-28-08 at 02:33 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-29-08 AT 08:49 AM (EST)

Please, please, double please??

I'll even VFTW, if that helps!! (Maybe...). Love his attitude, his accent, his FACE, everything about this man!!

Thank you, Len, for taking off to parts unknown! What a refreshing break!!!!!

ETA: SORRY ABOUT THE MISSPELL FLATLEY! Flately? Flattley??? WHATEVER.......

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Can we keep Michael Flannery Forever???"
Posted by vince3 on 10-28-08 at 02:46 PM
Flatley. Lord of the Dance.

"RE: Can we keep Michael FLATLEY"
Posted by mindy23 on 10-29-08 at 08:48 AM
OOPS-Should've looked it up first. Being Irish, it just sounded better to me, ya know...... Anyways, CAN WE HAVE HIM??

Posted by MKitty on 10-28-08 at 02:53 PM
Gee, all of Michael's effusive praise turned Bruno into Mr. Crankypants...definately marking down certain couples with glee!

Spooked by Agman

"Noooooooooooooooooooo"
Posted by Starshine on 10-29-08 at 09:18 AM
Please, Pretty Please, Pretty Please with Cherries on top, Please keep Len instead, he is the one judge we could happily lose from the UK edition

J Slice what a cool lady

Posted by qwertypie on 10-29-08 at 01:18 PM
Well, we know any hot female model competitors will get undeserved 10s

Posted by vince3 on 10-29-08 at 01:31 PM
I liked the re-taped version of Brooke's score reveal, where Carrie Ann and Bruno already had their 8s out, and then glare at Michael as be brought out his only 10 of the night.

Posted by Snidget on 10-29-08 at 02:07 PM
How dare he screw up the story line.

I do think the scores have some "scripting" to them to make a good story. Hard to have Brooke as the once on top but stumbled from an injury only to rebound story line when a rogue judge not with the program gives her a 10 anyway.

I didn't see how she was that different than she usually is (like a lot of them, but I digress) and I do sometimes think they play the scores to create certain dramatic stories that have little to do with was this performance better than that person's other ones or compared to the rest of the cast.

Like some weeks are the week of the default 7~7~7 where you get about 1/2 the cast tied at 21. Like there is a the standard script of where the average couple should score and unless there is a story line reason or that was a an especially good or bad performance or they need to make sure you are far enough behind you get voted out you will get the predetermined average score for the night.

Not that I'm cynical or anything.

Posted by byoffer on 10-29-08 at 02:27 PM
I do think the scores have some "scripting" to them to make a good story.

I definitely think the scores are scripted. Watch carefully when the dancers finish, and you will see the judges quickly huddle and then Carrie-Ann hands a piece of paper to someone directly behind her. I think this is the total score, that goes backstage to get ready for Amanda (the cheat sheet that Cloris kept swiping). I have seen this several times, and assume they do it every time, even if it isn't always caught on film.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-29-08 at 03:29 PM
One show this season, Carrie said to Tom, "Give us a moment, we're still consulting on the scores." That was the most obvious instance for me that they preplan who's going to be the nice guy and who's going to be the hatchetman and make sure that each couple gets a score in the right range.

Michael Flatley went a little rogue a few times. (And the hatchet job fell to Bruno a lot this week with Len being gone, lol.)

Creeped out by Tribe with help from Icecat