URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 532
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Paula..."

Posted by zipperhead on 02-22-06 at 04:47 PM
was she drunk last night, or does she just not care about this competition any more? She did not seem to be "with it" at all.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Paula..."
Posted by JessicaRN on 02-22-06 at 05:07 PM
I was getting ready to post something similar about Paula also. I thought she started off the evening angry. She was doing her usual sniping to Simon, which is beginning to sound kind of silly after 4 seasons. Does she not know what to expect from him? She looked kind of odd also. Maybe it's all of the time she has been hanging out with Dr. Phil.

Posted by nailbone on 02-22-06 at 05:15 PM
She even made sense less that usual last night. And seemed bent on disagreeing with the buys, especially Randy, on almost everyone.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by DontGetMeStarted on 02-22-06 at 05:25 PM
Hey All,

I think she looked like she just got her first shot of botox for the season and she couldn't talk. (stiff all over and no lines.. hmm ... -well that's as far as I'm taking that!)

She was acting pretty pissy last night though as well. If she falls down that hole on the air again I'll tape & ff her, I can't watch that train wreck again.

"RE: Paula is a sloppy drunk"
Posted by 2Centz on 03-02-06 at 11:31 PM

...who probably runs to her dressing room for a rail at every commericial break.

Watch her during the performances; she gets all spazzy and grabby with Simon, and he just turns away to shield himself from her.

What a lush...like a desperate, lonely barfly. Ugh.

Posted by helllo on 03-23-06 at 11:11 AM
Ok I am a pretty new Idol fan. But I did not know that Paula is a drunk, but she did not look quite right last night, I agree.

Posted by nailbone on 03-23-06 at 03:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-23-06 AT 03:27 PM (EST)

I don't think it's drunk, but on medication. I can't imagine they'd let her go on the air drunk.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Kattrikk on 03-03-06 at 01:50 AM
Well she also takes a buttload of prescription pills for her "ailment" (I don't remember her diagnosis, but she came out last season on many of the magazine shows discussing her gut wrenching, constant pain). I am sure it doesn't take much booze on top of all of those pills to screw her up. She really looks gorked a lot of the time. It's too bad because I really do like Paula, but agree that the back biting with Simon is getting really old.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 03-03-06 at 08:19 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-06 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

I found it extremely tacky last night when she was lauging and joking while the final two where standing there awaiting their fate (she did this when the final two boys were up and the final two girls). She definitely took too much of something because she is usually very sympathetic for the last ones standing. Boo on you Paula.

Posted by dopeydwarf on 03-05-06 at 01:11 AM
Ryan did a great job of cutting on the judges when he told them that this was a very important moment to the contestants, and not a time to be joking--I was proud of him. an apology is in order toall of the contestants who were subjected to that!!
You go, Ryan!!

I'd rather be at Disneyworld

Posted by Blacktastic on 03-06-06 at 02:18 AM
Paula has definitely seen her share of perscription drugs and I think she may need to pay another visit to the doctor. She did very well during the auditions but it does seem that she's falling into some deep drug induced state every episode. Vicodin and vino; perfect together.

I'M SO BLACKTASTIC!
<>

Posted by forlorn73 on 03-15-06 at 00:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-15-06 AT 07:58 AM (EST)

Paula might appear drunk, but i'm sure she's not. she is probably under the influence of a lot of pain killers, though. i would be, too, given what i've read about her discs and such. poor thing.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 03-11-06 at 05:25 PM
I think Paula is constantly drunk on that show, or at the very least under the influence of some heavy-duty narcotics. She seems to get worse as the season progresses. When you can't even clap and your constantly slurring your words, you might have a problem Paula. It is so funny to watch her with the "attractive" male contestants. My friends and I like to watch her get what we call a "Paula boner" when she talks/watches them. Basically, the woman is nuts but i can't imagine the show without her... jmho

Posted by forlorn73 on 03-15-06 at 00:31 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3080040

"WARNING - forlorn73 "
Posted by Bebo on 03-15-06 at 09:57 AM
Please read our community guidelines. Posting the same message in multiple threads is a violation of our guidelines. There's no need to keep creating posts just to include a link to an article.

Posted by zipperhead on 03-15-06 at 09:29 AM
Did anyone else hear her say "whatever" when Simon was complimenting Lisa? Methinks she is a little jealous of the cutest and youngest females in these contests.

Posted by nailbone on 03-15-06 at 11:20 AM
Anytime Paula speaks, all I hear is "blah blah blah blah". Her comments are getting less and less relevant as the show goes on. Listen to Randy (if you can decipher "dawg-speak") and Simon. That's all that's necessary. And yet, thanks to Paula and the audience, sometime Simon is not allowed to say what he wants to say.

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Creanie on 03-22-06 at 00:11 AM
Paula's definitely got the Botox forehead going on, so she has no expression to her face. However, what's making her look like she's on drugs is her eyes -- the lids are half-closed and they look completely glazed over. I find it interesting her denials about drugs say she's not "addicted" to drugs .... doesn't say she doesn't USE any prescription painkillers. Her actions seem a bit out of it too. SOMETHING has got to be making her look and act that way!

As an aside about Randy, I think he's getting as sickening sweet as she is. Simon's the only one who tells it like it is, and sometimes it's not pretty but it's the truth.

Posted by susan765 on 03-22-06 at 09:24 AM
All I can think for the last few shows is what the F*** is Paula on? The woman is definately altered on something.

Posted by greenmonstah on 03-22-06 at 10:08 AM
At this point, I am begining to think that a frickin TV Test Pattern would elicit emotion and praise out of Paula.

Well, actually, I have thought this for a few seasons now.

Posted by zipperhead on 03-22-06 at 12:45 PM
"You are a truly unique pattern. You took the color red and made it your own. *hiccup* I can't wait to see you become a superstar. Superpattern *hic* whatever. Simon, STFU."

"Hey Paula, blah blah blah"
Posted by nailbone on 03-22-06 at 10:27 AM

Sig by Arkie!!

Posted by Maroonclown on 03-22-06 at 10:38 AM
The Sound Guy really needs to kill her mike after contestants are done singing. All I heard from the audience last night was her whooping and yelling. Combined that with her waving her arms in the air and you've got a stoned/drunk desparately single aunt at her niece's wedding reception trying to draw attention to her embarressing self.

arkie spring thing

"RE: Paula Is A Waste Of Space "
Posted by LisaPles on 03-22-06 at 10:43 AM
She appears to be wasted and often just repeats what Randy said or repeats the same thing she says to all the contestants. She offers nothing to the show.

Posted by alliebean on 03-22-06 at 12:35 PM
I'm not trying to bash Paula, but I wound up calling a friend last night to see what she thought of Paula, we both noticed that Paula was wearing her hair over one eye and when her hair moved away from her eye, it looked far droopier than than the other eye. My husband thought it looked like she was either "high" or had been in some sort of accident. Whatever it was, she looked a little bloated and strange to me. Last night was definitely the worst I've seen her look. Did anyone else notice the droopy eye?

Posted by qwertypie on 03-23-06 at 12:24 PM
We definitely did. I figured it was either Bell's Palsy or a mini stroke. Very scary indeed!

Yes It's Vintage Tribephyl!

Posted by Breezy on 03-22-06 at 01:08 PM
Yes, please Mr Soundman turn off her mike.

The DJ's on the radio this morning were talking about a report that FOX wanted to fire her last week. Anyone else hear this?

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by selah on 03-22-06 at 01:58 PM

I think that Paula has some sort of illness which makes her act the way she does sometimes.. last night she was definitely not well.

Posted by frankz on 03-22-06 at 03:24 PM
I saw the title of this and was going to chip in my $0.02 about last night (3-21) and then realized it was started a month ago.

We noticed Simon glaring at her during the introductions last night and first thing I said is “Bet she’s really lit tonight and Simon’s already irritated.” But I guess it really doesn’t matter what week we make these comments. Same thing every week.

Simon was asked on Howard Stern if she got loaded before the shows and Simon politely stepped around the question but did mention that “she gets really silly when she doesn’t get enough sleep”. Ok, whatever.

"It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity, and make it work for you."

"180 degrees"
Posted by zipperhead on 03-23-06 at 09:18 AM
I thought Paula was completely different last night when she made her comments to Kevin and Bucky near the end of the show. Her message was clear and actually helpful, IMO. She didn't look as "happy", but she also avoided all of her trademark "you're great" comments that get on peoples nerves.

"RE: 180 degrees"
Posted by LisaPles on 03-23-06 at 09:40 AM
>I thought Paula was completely different
>last night when she made
>her comments to Kevin and
>Bucky near the end of
>the show. Her message was
>clear and actually helpful, IMO.

Yes, I thought that was nice, too.

I thought she was wearing a wig last night. Where can I get one (just kidding), it looked pretty good!

Posted by memzoo48 on 03-23-06 at 03:57 PM
I agree. I was even a little touched by her apparent sincerity. A vast change from just two weeks ago when she blathered about salad, pizza, and finding the melon. I'm sure she hurt some feelings with those comments and I'll bet she was chastised for it.

Posted by niteowl on 03-24-06 at 11:24 AM
Okay, call me out of it....i don't remember the pizza salad melon thing....where was I? Please refresh my memory. thanks

Posted by memzoo48 on 03-24-06 at 11:54 AM
It was before the final 12, when the boys and girls were still separate. As the bottom two girls stood on stage (maybe someone else can remember who they were -- one was that blond with the long hair, damn what was her name?), Ryan asked Paula something about them being the bottom two, and Paula replied that Simon had told her that "one had the salad, and the other had the pizza." Then she giggled, all glassy-eyed. She was incoherent, actually. When the bottom two boys were on stage (again, I can't remember who they were), Ryan asked her the same question and she said again that Simon told her something about eating the cereal and the first one who finds the melon. It made no sense at all. It was completely disrespectful to the kids, who were standing there at their most vulnerable, one of whom was about to get sent home. Some of them were practically in tears. They were all baffled and confused about what she was doing to them. Oh, and after her ridiculous comments, she laughed and put her head down on her arms as if she couldn't stay awake.

The news reported that earlier that day, Paula had boarded a plane in Vegas without going through security. Apparently, she was rushing to get back to LA. They had to reboard the entire plane. She must have taken advantage of the free booze in first class on her way to LA. She barely made it to the show on time.

Posted by SOfan0221 on 03-25-06 at 09:33 AM
I agree, don't know what her problem is but she was getting old in her antics halfway through season 1.

I wish they would replace her, but then if it is some airhead like Jessica Simpson or Britney Spears then they might as well let her stay.

I find her routine boring and as another poster said when she speaks all I hear is blah-blan-blah.

I would love to see an interesting woman judge on that panel such as Bett Midler, Bonnie Raitt, Debbie Harry, Natalie Cole. Someone who knows good music, stage presence, etc and can give honest feedback instead of this overblown bubbly crap Paula hands out.

I am also tired, tired, tired of her interrupting Simon she doesn't agree with what he is saying. I would like to hear the man out, he usually get the performances right and if he tells a contstant that their song was the last before they leave then it usually is.

"RE: Paula's Stupid Antics "
Posted by LisaPles on 03-27-06 at 10:32 AM
Is anyone else annoyed at the stupid way Paula claps her hands together like they're all stiff or something? Ugh!

I am also sick of the way she interrupts Simon. I also hate it when she feels the need to get up out of her chair to get in his face. Why does she need to invade his space like that? It's so disrespectful! She needs to be beotchslapped!

"Paula gets booed"
Posted by Ricky on 04-05-06 at 08:26 PM
Did you guys see where Paula said something negative about Paris and got booed. That was the first time I ever heard her get booed. And then Simon said he didn't agree with Paula's negative comment. It was funny !

"My mother was deaf"-Shanna Moakler

"RE: Paula gets booed"
Posted by priestdi on 04-05-06 at 08:27 PM

yeah, a genuinely unscripted moment, all the way around. loved it.

Posted by rickandkeith on 04-07-06 at 09:18 AM
I think Paula is drunk!! What's up with "the look" her and Simon do at the start of every show??

Posted by prosecutor on 04-07-06 at 09:22 AM
Did everyone read about how Paula was assaulted
at a party. Maybe she was drunk and that started
it. hahaha, sorry Paula, hope you feel better soon.

Posted by daijahvoo on 04-09-06 at 06:48 PM
I totly agree with everything u said

"Jay Leno 4/10"
Posted by mrc on 04-11-06 at 11:19 AM
Paula was embarrassing last night. My stomach hurt watching her pathetic act. At least, I hope it was an act. If not, she has major drug/alcohol problems. She has ZERO self-esteem.

If you didn't see it, think Farrah Fawcett on Letterman several years ago. It was that painful.

"RE: Jay Leno 4/10"
Posted by Glow on 04-11-06 at 11:29 AM
I didn't see it but I read this morning that when asked about her favorites, she named everybody except Ace, Bucky and Kellie.

an arkie work of art

Posted by LisaPles on 04-11-06 at 01:01 PM
WOW, that bad huh? I'm sorry I missed it!
I really wonder if she has drug/alcohol issues. It sure does seem like it. The only thing that saves her on Idol is that she never has to speak for any length of time. Just a few of her same-old-same-old comments and it's on to Simon. I'm surprised they signed her up for a few more years.

Posted by mrc on 04-11-06 at 01:48 PM
What made her seem so pathetic was her attempts to be "edgy," which mainly meant that she kept insulting Ryan and Simon.

Posted by TruGoodness on 04-13-06 at 10:57 AM
I think the show likes the controversy. She is a constant fodder for gossip so it keeps the show interesting.

The show without her would be alot more boing, IMO.

TruGoodness
http://www.AmericanInventorSpot.com

Posted by priestdi on 04-12-06 at 09:05 PM
well that's the funny thing about opinions, they're all so different.

I thought her gig on Leno was funny. I laughed a lot. And no, not AT her, hah.

A week or so before, he and Ryan had made some comments about her. She called him on it, and I suspect that the Tonight Show writers put together that "top 5 reasons why ..." thing she did. As an apology of sorts.

it felt a little bit like her skit on SNL last year.

If she had zero self esteem, she wouldn't have called him on it.

And Leno seemed to enjoy her. He certainly spent a lot of time admiring her boobs and booty, anyway.

"RE: What Was Paula Wearing?"
Posted by LisaPles on 04-19-06 at 10:36 AM
What the heck was Paula wearing last night? Was she going for some kind of pirate look or something? I am referring to the multiple gold chains, low cut blouse ...etc. Did anyone else notice how Paula's t*ts were hanging out? Yuck!
I am also so sick of her hair being in her eyes! I swear, I think it's a wig anyway, but they need to trim that thing!
She is a fashion disaster!

Posted by Kipp on 04-19-06 at 11:43 AM
Where are the scissors??? was all I could think of watching her last night! What is with the one-eyed bandit look,,,she just looks sloppy not sexy if that is what she is hoping to achieve.
She looked like she dressed in the dark,,,,
bettin there was a touch of rum in that coke of hers,,,ha

Posted by priestdi on 04-19-06 at 02:14 PM

I get so tired of these drunk jokes. sigh.

it's just too easy and simple to slam her like that.

she's not that stupid, to be drunk on a live TV show watched by record-breaking numbers of people, knowing she's going to have to actually talk on camera.

I thought she was good last night, had intelligent and coherent things to say.

about her hair ... some people have noticed something odd about one of her eyes recently. And it just happens to be the one that gets covered when she wears her hair like that.

could be a coincidence, but I wondered about it last night too.

Posted by prosecutor on 04-26-06 at 00:14 AM
Paula does it again. Crying, jumping
out of her seat to talk shhh! and o
ya using up all of Simon's valuable time.
I wanted to hear the man speak woman.

Posted by sica077 on 04-26-06 at 00:34 AM
Seriously, he is the only one that I ever really want to hear from, and Paula always jumps down his throat the second he says something she doesn't agree with. Half of the time I think he may actually add, "however..." but she doesn't ever let him get that far...let the man talk! That's what he gets paid for! He doesn't do that to her...

"simon laughing"
Posted by niteowl on 04-26-06 at 01:13 AM
I was a little touched by her crying after Elliot sang. like she was a proud mama and had watched him grow. But Simon laughing at her was also quite entertaining!

"RE: simon laughing"
Posted by sica077 on 04-26-06 at 12:07 PM
I agree. I mostly get aggrivated when she doesn't let Simon speak...but I secretly felt a little pang when she was all teary eyed. Sometimes those damn tears just will not go away quietly, and once in a while songs and performances can do that to you...but it was "Somebody to Love" for me . Yeah, and then Simon brought us back down to reality with his snickers.

Posted by rdsonia on 04-26-06 at 10:29 AM
Forget "What was Paula wearing?" How about "What was Paula drinking?" Seriously, I suspected something was up when she just sat there and rambled on and on and on and on............. to Katherine. But when she started her little crying jag with Elliot I was really embarrassed for her. Clearly she has some kind of problem with mind altering substances. Of course if I knew I was going to have to deal with Pickler and her "I'm SAWRRY" every week when she blows it yet again, I guess I'd want all the help I could get too. JMO

Posted by beatlegirl on 04-26-06 at 07:03 PM
I wish paula would shut up and let simon talk. she makes me sick!!!!!!

Posted by geg6 on 04-26-06 at 12:26 PM
>I get so tired of these
>drunk jokes. sigh.
>
>it's just too easy and simple
>to slam her like that.

Well, if she'd quit acting like a drunken, drugged idiot with about a three word vocabulary and quit slobbering over the male contestants like some sort of Chester the Molester character, it wouldn't be so easy.

>she's not that stupid, to be
>drunk on a live TV
>show watched by record-breaking numbers
>of people, knowing she's going
>to have to actually talk
>on camera.

Um, apparently she is. Or she's had a stroke. Or something. She sure sounds like she's drunk to me.

That little performance she gave last night, crying over Elliott? Only people who were drunk, on drugs, or have a serious emotional disorder would do that. Come to think of it, I think it was a combination of all three.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Posted by rdsonia on 04-26-06 at 02:06 PM

>That little performance she gave last
>night, crying over Elliott?
>Only people who were drunk,
>on drugs, or have a
>serious emotional disorder would do
>that. Come to think
>of it, I think it
>was a combination of all
>three.

LOL Couldn't agree more

Posted by samboohoo on 04-27-06 at 01:21 PM
"Well, if she'd quit acting like a drunken, drugged idiot with about a three word vocabulary and quit slobbering over the male contestants like some sort of Chester the Molester character, it wouldn't be so easy."

Couldn't agree more Geggy. Although I thought, "You move me" was a much better pick-up line than "You'll have to tell me more about that scar" or whatever it was she said to Ace.

It's Arkie Love

Posted by aifan2006 on 04-26-06 at 12:07 PM
To me Paula has some real problems and should check into rehab as soon as this show is over in May, her constantly jumping up and down screaming Ilove you, I love you, and her crying, her emotions are all over the place.

"In my Defense"
Posted by CattyChat on 04-26-06 at 12:38 PM
In case you didn't hear, but I was assaulted a few days ago. I know, can you believe anyone would hit someone as sweet as me?

Well, if my behavior was erratic I blame it on, um, the severe concussion I received. You know, I was hit in the head.

No one understands me. I tried to prepare myself for the long hour sitting behind that judge's table, having to deal with nasty Simon and having to listen and watch all those talentless girls perform. Also, I'm still in mourning following the loss of beautiful Ace, *sniff.* Oh, there I go again with the tears.

Anyway, maybe I should have taken more than one of my "pre-show" energy drinks last night. I'll be sure to take two tonight.

Am I the only person in the world with emotions?

"RE: In my Defense"
Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-26-06 at 12:42 PM
*snort*

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by mrc on 04-26-06 at 01:58 PM
You didn't *mumble mumble* cry when I left, you *mumble mumble*. I'm gonna have Glow-Pop kick your *mumble mumble* ass.

Posted by CattyChat on 04-26-06 at 02:22 PM
Wha-huh? Oh, wait a minute, I think I remember you. That's right, Bucky, I liked you too (heck all it takes is for someone to have a little package in their pants & I'm a BIG fan). I forgot all about you, Bucky, baby. See, I have these weird lapses of memory. I guess it has something to do with my concussion a couple of days ago -- it must work retroactively. What year is it?

My ode to you, Bucky: Save a Horse, Ride A Bucky!

Posted by maggymay on 04-26-06 at 04:11 PM
I don't know what Paula was taking last evening but half the time she didn't even make sense! Do you think she likes Chris a little to much?

Posted by sica077 on 04-26-06 at 10:11 PM
I think a lot of people like Chris a little too much for their own reasons...

I admit to be one of these "people" I refer to.

Posted by Magnolia_Rocker on 04-27-06 at 09:22 AM
Add me to that list sica.

Siggy thanks to Syren!

Posted by LisaPles on 04-27-06 at 09:41 AM
Paula is an annoying azz and in my opinion contributes NOTHING to the show. Was nobody else available for the job, or what?

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 04-27-06 at 01:14 PM
I'm just embarrassed for her. Hasn't she admitted before to being addicted to painkillers? Could we be seeing more of the same?

Also, has anyone seen her True Hollywood Story? They use a couple different Paula interviews throughout the whole thing and in one she is just ridiculous, she waves her arms around, she can't find her words, she gets confused, she's really fidgety. But the in the other two interviews (one a little before, one a little after, chronologically speaking) she's completely fine. She's coherent, she is sitting still, she looks awake and alert. So I don't think anybody can make excuses for her, there are clearly two Paulas, sober Paula and high Paula, and al we see on AI is Paula on drugs

Also, I believe I read somewhere that the story of her getting attacked at the club was found to be false . . .I should try to find that article somewhere.

Posted by priestdi on 04-28-06 at 04:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-28-06 AT 04:24 AM (EST)

actually no, some of the tabs have mistakenly said lately that she's admitted to a pain pill problem in the past but she actually has said the opposite.

she's said, in her various bios, that she found that pain pills couldn't touch her back pain and her RSD.

now whether she really has ever had a problem is anyone's guess. but it's never been confirmed by anyone close enough to know.

And about her club attack, I take it you haven't seen the scans I posted on this board from the latest Nat'l Enquirer?

She looks knocked out, lying on the floor, and her ex-boyfriend Dante Spencer is standing there looking like he's about to kill somebody for it.

There was a blog account somewhere, a witness said she had an encounter with her ex-agent, and he got pissed at her attitude and then "accidentally on purpose" bumped her hard and knocked her down.

go take a look at the pics, before you talk about fake accounts.

Posted by fenway_frank on 04-28-06 at 07:50 AM
i dont know if shes a lush or she has a drug problem, i dont know if she got beat up by her ex-agent....what i do know is shes a rambling idiot...

Posted by pinksparkleguitar on 04-28-06 at 04:59 PM
Wow, okay, sorry I hit a nerve there . . .but I did find the story in the Miami Herald that quotes people from the party saying she was kicked out because she was "falling-down" drunk. It must have appeared as a blurb somewhere for me to remember it. I don't know if it was true, but I know that it was reported as a possibility.

Posted by Twinkles on 04-29-06 at 11:50 PM
If she's not getting sufficient pain relief for her back and she's self-medicating, I hope she gets real help soon. There are places that help with that. It's tricky but it's possible to deal with it.

Clearly she's an oddity for the judging panel the way she's acting. She's not supposed to be comic relief because of her personal problems. I look away out of embarrassment and tune her out.

I thought the original idea of having her there was that she had gone from "unknown" to "singing & dancing sensation darling of the 80s (?)", so she's have something to say. Clearly, she's not adding any helpful info along those lines.

I say bring on true comic relief. We have 2 judges who actually critique singing, presence, style, and even dance moves. I WOULD laugh if a comedienne pouted at the female contestants saying, you're probably in, Simon's going to thing you're hotter than I am. Or, "You know, lousy sexy stud singing dude, come up to my place and I'll give you my own type of vocal chord massages after you get kicked off this show. Where's my refill barkeep?"

We're only a step away from those kind of remarks anyway but with Paula it's sad.

Posted by priestdi on 05-01-06 at 02:00 AM
hit a nerve?

lol.

no, but I'm a journalist and I have thing for the facts. In this case, the facts seem to indicate that she did get knocked down by her ex-agent and Dante did fight with the guy afterwards. This is based on several conflicting witness accounts. unclear is whether she was knocked out, and whether she was flung vs. bumped.

the Miami Herald simply quoted a gossip column from the NY Post, an item that doesn't match up with any of the other versions.

plus, this is a rave-like party that serves free booze until 5 in the morning, it's the hottest thing in town right now.

they're going to kick out a celeb for being drunk? that's pretty funny.

The LA Times did a big story on this party last week, as a result of Paula's incident shining a light on it. it's been pretty hush hush until this, guests aren't supposed to talk about it, ever. So paula going to the police about it a few days later is very unusual.

we'll probably never know the whole story, or even a very big fraction of it.

"RE: Paula... IN A NUTSHELL"
Posted by Simon Cowell on 04-30-06 at 09:19 AM

ON DRUGS! PROBABLY... VALLIUM - DAIZEPAM

Posted by okaychatt on 05-01-06 at 03:05 PM
>was she drunk last night, or
>does she just not care
>about this competition any more?
>She did not seem to
>be "with it" at all.
>

Hi zipperhead. I know this post comes months after your original, but I'm going to respond any way. DAW, indeed.

I don't think Paula has many brain cells to work with in the first place.

Combine that with the meds she's on, and you have a Total Fluff.

She's sweet, but she's quite useless when it comes to offering points the contestants can use to improve their performances.

As for her singing/dancing skills decades ago - can you say, "Flash in the Pan"?

Of course, neither Randy's "Dawg!" or Simon's "Horrible!" help the singers much, either.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by LisaPles on 05-17-06 at 11:23 AM
Wow, someone (Taylor) FINALLY got Paula to dance! She always seems so reluctant to dance (even though that's supposed to be her thing) so I was surprised she went for it! I'm glad she didn't fight it and leave Taylor hanging out to dry!