URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5305
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"State Of The Spoiling -- Volunteers Wanted"

Posted by sleeeve on 08-30-04 at 01:35 PM
I am looking for volunteers to help with our official State of the Spoiling (SOTS). What's that, you ask?

Well... each week, we will publish a thread that tries to consolidate and refocus all of the spoiling for the week... the goal of the thread is primarily to inform - it is a summary of the spoiling, not merely an index of the active posts in spoilers. Its goal is to encourage focussed discussion of the theories that have surfaced each week, and to allow casual readers of the forum to "catch up" on the spoiling activity that has happened in this forum.

We are looking for volunteers to put together this thread on a week-by-week basis... the job is a one week commitment, and here's what it entails:

I've found that this can be a mildly time-consuming task... it typically takes me about an hour to summarize and link everything in Spoilers, but may take you more or less time, depending on how organized you are...
I've also found that the best approach is to take notes throughout the week as you read the forum, so that when it's time to post the SOTS, you already have an outline of what's been happening in Spoilers for a week.

If you're not familiar with SOTS, please review some previous examples before volunteering for this task. Links to all of the SOTS from the previous two seasons can be found by copying and pasting this link into your browser to visit our news archives:
http://www.realitytvworld.com/index/articles/newssection.php?x=||5

If you are interested in volunteering to take on SOTS for a week, please reply to this thread, and indicate any dates that you are not available... Since we do not know the exact dates for some of the episodes, nor do we know the finale date, nor do we know how many episodes there are, some of these episode dates may change... we'll play this by ear.

Here's the deal: I will leave this thread open for about a week, before beginning to assign SOTS. People selected to do SOTS will be notified via e-mail with additional information and posting guidelines... the full list of those selected will be posted here, whenever I finally get around to making the selections.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: State Of The Spoiling -- Volunteers Wanted"
Posted by emydi on 08-30-04 at 02:44 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-31-04 AT 09:47 AM (EST)

I would love to do one...I'd prefer one in the middle, mid Oct-Mid-Nov.

eee-If you need me then, I would be willing to do the one for the week after Thanksgiving if there is a new episode on Thanksgiving.

Courtesy of the Amazing Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Would love to do the first one after the merge but not sure when this will be??

Posted by thetick on 08-30-04 at 03:07 PM
oooohhh,

me, me, me, me, me

I'd kill to do one of these, particularly E7.

thanks oh great and powerful sleeeve

Posted by SurvivaBear on 08-30-04 at 03:38 PM
If noone objects, I would love to do the first one of the season again this year. I promise to do a swell job.

EPMB always spills the most information about the first episode!

"First One is Yours"
Posted by sleeeve on 08-30-04 at 05:30 PM
You got it, SurvivaBear! IMO, the first one is the hardest, because you have months of information to work with instead of only one week, so I'm glad that you're willing to do it!

-eee

"Yaaaayyyy!"
Posted by Silvergirl1 on 09-02-04 at 04:06 PM

SBear always does such a good job on his SOTS that I'm looking forward to reading it already.

Have a nice day!

"oooh oooh oooh pick me"
Posted by strid333 on 08-30-04 at 05:53 PM
Can I write one?

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 08-30-04 at 05:55 PM
I would love to do another SOTS, I can do any except the Nov 2nd one.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Posted by volsfan on 08-30-04 at 06:30 PM
I can do one! I have not date restrictions.

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Posted by udg on 08-31-04 at 04:54 AM
I enjoyed doing this last time, and I'd be happy to do it again, but I won't be heart broken if you want to give someone else a chance.

I'm available any time except for E1 & E2.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 08-31-04 at 06:24 AM
I've never done an SOTS, but I'd be game. The only week that might be a problem is the week of Dec 16.

Posted by TeamJoisey on 08-31-04 at 12:09 PM
Sleeeve:

I'll volunteer, but since there are other folks who would kill to write one, let them have first dibs. I'm available whenever needed to round out the lineup, or you can pencil me in as the first guy off the bench.

TJ

"Ditto"
Posted by Brownroach on 08-31-04 at 12:34 PM
I'd much prefer to see everyone else write one, but you can put me down as a last resort or as an alternate.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by buckeyegirl on 08-31-04 at 02:03 PM
I'd love to do one. I can do one anytime.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 09-01-04 at 09:04 AM
I don't necessarily want to do one, but would like to volunteer Flower Power. She has wanted to do this for a long time and I think she would do a great job. I'll contact her to confirm...

Scarlett

Posted by emydi on 09-01-04 at 10:46 AM
Wait, Scarlett, you know FP????

Posted by Flowerpower on 09-01-04 at 01:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 01:15 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-01-04 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

Okay, okay, I'll volunteer to give it a shot! I've never done it before but I'm sure where there's a will, there's a way! Would love to give it a try.

Note to the tick....notice how I Shii-Ann'd my way in here

Posted by Gothmog on 09-01-04 at 09:49 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-02-04 AT 01:56 PM (EST)

I'll try my hand at one of these. I have no time restrictions.

Posted by J Slice on 09-02-04 at 10:12 AM

If they're not all taken, I'll make one

IceCat = Harvey Manfredjensenjen...

LoadingTime.com: You only think you're not a geek!

Posted by Devious Weasel on 09-02-04 at 01:48 PM
I'd like to do one, but since I've done one the past couple of seasons, go ahead and throw me into that alternate/last resort crowd.

"Schedule -- Writers, please respond"
Posted by sleeeve on 09-07-04 at 12:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-10-04 AT 12:14 PM (EST)

Okay, here are the assignments for this season's SOTS. As always, I will send an information e-mail to each writer at the e-mail address that is associated with your user ID on the message boards with additional instructions approximately one week before your SOTS should be posted. Please verify now that you have a valid e-mail address associated with your account.

If for any reason you are unable to complete the SOTS for your assigned episode, I would ask that you please let me know as soon as you realize that you are unavailable so that I can arrange for a replacement.

Below is my best guess about the episode schedule. However, each SOTS assignment is based on episode number, NOT AIR DATE! Thus, you should follow your assigned episode number, no matter what date it eventually airs. There are three important things to note about how we will treat episode numbers:

1) If an episode is a "two-parter" (example: Episode 7A and 7B from Season 7), we will treat each episode as a separate episode number, regardless of how CBS chooses to number their episodes.

2) If there is a recap on any given week, this will NOT be treated as an episode for the purposes of SOTS, and the writers will be adjusted accordingly for one week.

3) The finale is no longer going to be treated as separate, as it was in previous seasons (blue people only), and therefore it will be done by whoever comes up in the rotation by episode number. However, there is a possibility that the finale will air on a Sunday, as it has in just about every recent season. If it airs on a Sunday, the SOTS should be posted no later than Friday night (which means that the finale writer will have a really short week to cover - only one day, but usually an entire seasons worth of spoiling to try to fit into that SOTS!!)

Writers: If you accept your assigned episode, please respond to this post and let me know. If you cannot accept your assigned episode, please respond to this post and let me know.

• E1 - Thurs., Sept. 16 - SOTS to be posted Mon. Sept. 13 - SurvivaBear
  • E2 - Sept. 23 - SOTS to be posted Tues. Sept. 21 (or Wed. before noon) - KObrien_fan
  • E3 - Sept. 30 - SOTS Sept. 28 - strid333
  • E4 - Oct. 7 - SOTS Oct. 5 - Draco Malfoy
  • E5 - Oct. 14 - SOTS Oct. 12 - Brownroach
  • E6 - Oct. 21 - SOTS Oct. 19 - volsfan
  • E7 - Oct. 28 - SOTS Oct. 26 - thetick
  • E8 - Nov. 4 - SOTS Nov. 2 - J Slice
  • E9 - Nov. 11 - SOTS Nov. 9 - buckeyegirl
  • E10 - Nov. 18 - SOTS Nov. 16 - Flowerpower
  • E11 - Thanksgiving, Nov. 25 - SOTS Nov. 23 - emydi
  • E12 - Dec. 2 - SOTS Nov. 30 - udg
  • E13 - Dec. 9 - SOTS Dec. 7 - Gothmog
  • E14?? - Dec. 16 - SOTS Dec. 14 - Devious Weasel
  • E15?? - Dec. 23 - SOTS Dec. 21 - TeamJoisey

"RE: Schedule -- Writers, please respond"
Posted by emydi on 09-07-04 at 12:59 PM
OK for Episode 11!!

Not sure if this will be shown on Thanksgiving or Wednesday before, or whatever.. If it's a day early, I'll adjust and post it on Mon. Nov. 22.

Woohoo--I love spoiling!!!

Posted by Flowerpower on 09-07-04 at 03:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-07-04 AT 03:38 PM (EST)

Thrilled to help out, Sleeve! I'm good to go for Episode 10, Nov. 16th. Looking forward to a wonderful season!

Posted by Gothmog on 09-07-04 at 05:32 PM
Fine with me! See you on Pearl Harbor Day.

Posted by KObrien_fan on 09-07-04 at 05:34 PM
I accept my episode 2 assignment and look forward to it! Thanks Sleeeve for putting this all together for us.

2004 A S S Trivia Champ

Posted by volsfan on 09-07-04 at 06:17 PM
I am in with episode 6! WOO and HOO!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!

Posted by strid333 on 09-07-04 at 11:45 PM
Sweet, my third Ep 3 SOTS. I can totally do it.

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by sleeeve on 09-08-04 at 12:15 PM
>Sweet, my third Ep 3 SOTS.

Hmmmm... isn't that a coincidence. Okay, I'll admit it... sometimes sig lines influence the schedule... season after season.

Posted by J Slice on 09-07-04 at 11:56 PM

There with bells on, baby!

IceCat = Harvey Manfredjensenjen...
LoadingTime.com: You only think you're not a geek!

Posted by thetick on 09-08-04 at 01:11 AM
i'm ecstatick

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 09-08-04 at 07:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-04 AT 07:34 AM (EST)

Sounds good to me!

ETA: It'll probably be posted early that Wednesday morning, around 5 or 6ish am Central time.

Posted by udg on 09-09-04 at 07:03 AM
Looking forward to it.

Slice n' Dice's Sigpic Chop Shop 2004

Posted by SurvivaBear on 09-09-04 at 11:46 AM
I am good to go. I have the thing about half written. I hope the great and mighty Icey will have a header graphic available by Monday.

"Having 6,000 scorpions is different from 3,000," Nur Malena said. "It's just worse."

Posted by sleeeve on 09-09-04 at 01:23 PM
He's working on it, and once I get it from him, I'll send out the standard e-mail. Let me know if you need instructions before then (I figured that after several seasons that you wouldn't!).

Posted by buckeyegirl on 09-09-04 at 07:25 PM
I just wanted to say that my episode was fine. I'm good to go-thanks for choosing me.

Handcrafted by RollDdice! The fellowship has begun...

"Uh-Oh"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 09-09-04 at 11:48 PM
Sorry sleeeve, but I can't do that last one. I'm going to be at a wedding out of state. I didn't think we'd be going that many episodes. Of course, maybe we won't. Since those are hypothetical episodes, perhaps Dweeze and I can swap?

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

"No problem"
Posted by sleeeve on 09-10-04 at 12:13 PM
It seems rather unlikely we'll get that far (I put you as last because you said that you didn't mind letting other people have a chance, so I gave you the least likely episode to occur).

If, for some reason, we DO have an episode 15, I'll take find someone to cover it as we get closer to that date

Posted by Brownroach on 09-10-04 at 06:04 PM
Ack -- I really hoped there would be more volunteers. I would be delighted to give my spot to capn2patch, if he would like to do an episode. If not though, you can leave me in the rotation for Episode 5.

Bridge for sale to highest bidder. Call 1-800-BRroach.

Posted by Devious Weasel on 09-13-04 at 11:37 AM
I'm in, unless Joisey really wants to do one, in which case I'll defer to him. Maybe we can figure out some joint way to do it. Or some way to do it with joints.

Posted by JohnMc on 09-10-04 at 11:29 AM
Someone should put Capn2patch in the mix. Did you see the Capn's unofficial SOTS to date?

"Message to SOTS volunteers"
Posted by Bebo on 11-30-04 at 09:12 AM
Don't worry if you haven't received a confirmation email with the opening graphic for your SOTS. Just go ahead and post your SOTS when you're ready, and then Webby will add the graphic.

If you have any questions about the SOTS, please feel free to email Webby or me.