URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5259
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No. No. Just no. San Juan Del Sur casting. Just...no."

Posted by Colonel Zoiderg on 08-28-14 at 10:02 AM
http://www.wltx.com/story/entertainment/2014/08/27/new-cast-of-cbs-survivor-announced/14684499/

Strike 1: John Damn Rocker. The man who shot his mouth off about New York and then crapped the bed in the 1999 Series. And his borderline-anorexic girlfriend. I can't imagine what she'll look like on Day 39. The only time I want to see ribs is on my dinner plate at the Outback.

Strike 2: Natalie and frigging Nadiya. I thought we dodged a bullet when they left the last season of TAR first. But no-o-o-o. CBS decides they just can't get enough of these annoying screamers. Hopefully they last as long on this show as they did on TAR.

Waiting on Strike 3.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: No. No. Just no. San Juan Del Sur casting. Just...no."
Posted by tribephyl on 08-28-14 at 05:16 PM
This really does seem to be more basher than anything else.
(Although if this were sucks and we were discussing the twinnies, totally different story.)

Posted by michel2 on 09-24-14 at 05:53 PM
Colonel, how about:

- Foul ball: The return of Exile Island.

- Foul Ball: Jeff waffles between Final 3 and Final 2 again.

- Foul Ball: More Immunity idols.

- Strike 3: Having a season with an extra guy on each tribe.

Posted by Joe Gazillionaire on 09-26-14 at 09:23 AM
Not a very attractive cast. After the beauties last season, this one's kind of disappointing. I think I hate Blood v. Water the most out of all the formats. Too much crying and obvious audience manipulation. Bring back brawn, beauty brains or some of the other formats.

Posted by Molaholic on 09-27-14 at 00:54 AM
To be honest, leading up to this season I just didn't have the "can't wait" feeling I've had most years. Perhaps part of this is the drama of the Dodgers run to the playoffs, but it just hasn't been there.
I watched the first episode (a day late) and I'm still don't have that feeling. I see the same-ol-same-ol once again.
I'm not giving up (yet) but there better be something to hold my interest.

Posted by michel2 on 09-28-14 at 10:15 AM
I think we have a few good players this year and a few that will make us laugh so, while it's still the same formulaic show, we could have some good episodes.

Posted by Joe Gazillionaire on 09-29-14 at 07:06 PM
Pales in comparison to last season, which was perfect--action packed. The problem with blood v. water is that it's obviously manufactured to be a crying jag-fest. And, if you don't care about the family members, you're not rooting for anyone. Last season had some of the most aggressive game playing I've ever seen. Those guys went at it hard. I like seeing type a types scheming against each other, not family members eating up the hour whining about voting out their mom--who cares. Plus, this cast sucks.

Posted by michel2 on 09-30-14 at 06:28 PM
I guess that the difference between us is that I didn't think last season was anything close to perfect. It had, at most, 5 good players and very few funny moments that didn't involve J'Tia's stupidity or Tony's paranoia. Just the fact that this season doesn't have a super-idol already makes it better than last season.