URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5251
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 8"

Posted by dabo on 04-19-14 at 04:43 PM
Well, since Aruba bailed on us this week, how did our contestants do this week on the Tony Show?

01. Tasha (02). Back in the game and way to win that weirdo immunity challenge! Yeah, we all know it was designed to be a Brains challenge, but there's not been much of that to go around.

02. Spencer (01). Hanging in there. Played Tony like a fiddle at reward.

03. Woo (03). Likeable guy, fun to have in the show.

04. Jeremiah (07). Teaming up with Spencer and playing along with Tony at reward earns him a bump.

05. Jefra (06). My Kentucky beauty. They just grow 'em that way and I got the cousins to prove it.

06. Tony (04). Wow, what a mess, he only had to see his name come up a few times at TC to become a basketcase. But at least he is still an amusing basketcase.

07. Trish (09). Still hasn't redeemed herself in my eyes, but at least she showed up this week, and tried to contain the madness of Tony.

08. Kass (08). Crazy cat lady picked a weird time to decide it was too soon to ambush the game.

Good-bye L.J. (05). It would have been one thing had he been trying to mix up the game and take Tony out, but he's just a casualty here. Fortunes of war.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep. 8"
Posted by Aruba on 04-20-14 at 02:28 PM
Yes, bailed out Mon - Fri. At work every night; have to pay the bills. Just watched the episode and need to run out soon, so doing this on the fly...

1) SPENCER - Every time I listen to the kid it still amazes me he's only 21. Handled himself well at reward.

2) TASHA - With LJ out of the picture, could be the challenge stud this season. She'll have to be because with very little blood on her hands, no one will want to take her to the Finals.

3) TONY - Contractor??? Just another example that when you start lying you can't stop. Or to use an Arubaism, "You are, who you are, who you are." Not since Big Tom in Africa has a meathead been so entertaining. But he does play hard, and I like that.

4) JEREMIAH - Improved his position mostly by circumstance. But, like dabo, I'll bump him up also for not messing up the opportunity.

5) WOO - In order for Tony's plan to work, he needed to manipulate a player with the maturity level of a 10-year old. Enter Woo.

6) JEFRA - She asks Tony if he flipped at TC. Yes Jefra, he did. So what are you going to do about it? Probably as much as she's done this season--Nothing.

7) KASS - No ambush; no chaos, and completely out of the loop with the TC vote. Nuff said.

8) TRISH - Arguably the most pitiful attempt ever at an individual IC. If Tony wants LJ's blood on his hands, let him. But once again, letting emotion get the better of her by not being able to turn on a fellow Massachusetts native.

BOOTED) LJ - Dabo hit the nail right on the head--a casualty of war. Got played by a player who is playing harder. Should have got together with Tasha. Could have corralled the women together for a F5 alliance.

Posted by dabo on 04-20-14 at 05:01 PM
I do give Woo a bit of credit for changing his vote to side with Tony. Trish, other than trying to talk to Tony himself, made no move to change the outcome, so it was either going to be LJ or Jeremiah going to the Ponderosa. Woo could have tried to team with LJ, both of them change their votes to boot Jeremiah, but that leaves him where? Very tricky situation that.

Posted by michel2 on 04-20-14 at 05:50 PM
1- Spencer: If Tony wants to make this a chess game, then he is in for quite a suprise. Spencer is a champ and any good chess players know that it is deadly to move your pawns too early. Now, Tony's pawns are all up in the air and the lines of attack to the King are wide open. Spencer should have nice options: Stick with Tony and Woo or use Kass and Jefra against him.

2- Tasha: First Garrett and now LJ?? Are these guys crazy? If a woman like Tasha invited me for a discreet rendezvous in the woods, I wouldn't hesitate. Seriously, she is now part of the strongest alliance of three left and she could help form a majority alliance since she has a great social game.

3- Tony: I had a kick out the 92 confessionals he gave during the evening, but Tony failed miserably. His goal was to make LJ look like the trouble-maker. Fail. He didn't want to be seen as the bad guy. Fail. He wanted to use Spencer and Jeremiah only for this round and then go back to his alliance. That will most likely Fail. You need to be paranoid to play this game but it's imperative that no one sees your paranoia. He failed there also. Trust is so hard to get in this game that you don't vote out someone that trusts you.

4- Jeremiah: When Tony started talking to Spencer during the reward, we saw that Jeremiah was in the shower. I thought for sure he wouldn't be involved in the discussion, that Tony considered him useless and wanted to talk to Spencer alone. However, Jeremiah was interested in the discussion and he intervened with a good question. It's not the first time that he surprised us with good observations so he isn't what the editors make him out to be; he is a better player than we think.

5- Jefra: LIke Alexis and Morgan before her, the carpet was pulled from under her feet and she didn't notice anything until it was too late. Still, Tony's move created so many opportunities that she could be a very useful vote. What will she do? If she plays her card right she could join Spencer, Tasha and Jeremiah in the majority alliance with Kass and eliminate Tony or she can b*tch about Tony and get voted out.

6- Woo: Let me get this straight: He knew Tony lied to him during the Cliff boot yet he considers him his closest ally. Woo knew that Tony lied about his job as a cop and he knew Tony had no problem blindsiding Sarah yet he completely believed him about LJ. Woo has to be one of the blindest players we've ever seen.

7- Trish: She thought she could control Tony and she thought nothing bad would happen at TC!

8- Kass: Talk about irony: She said that it would be stupid to flip this early yet she flipped earlier. She said they had a solid alliance of six that should stick together yet she had another alliance of six and she didn't stick with them. In other words, she was saying that she didn't believe that Tony could be as stupid as she had been.

Booted - LJ: Tony wants to thank you for your idol.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-14 at 12:19 PM
Why everbody down on Woo?

Seriously, without Trish making a move to thwart Tony what were his options? Keep his vote on Spencer, LJ goes. Change his vote to LJ, LJ goes. Convince LJ they should both switch their votes to Jeremiah, Jeremiah goes. But LJ was totally following and trusting Tony. Switch his vote to Jeremiah without LJ, tie vote and purple rock prospect.

Posted by michel2 on 04-21-14 at 04:38 PM
I thought my post clearly explained why he was a dumba$$.
He had to consider that Tony was lying to him so he could have gone to LJ and Trish and changed all their votes to Tony. They'd still be 5 strong against the three former NuAparri. Forgot about that? Even voting with LJ against Jeremiah would have been better because it would have exposed Tony.

Posted by Aruba on 04-21-14 at 06:56 PM
As I stated in my post, I watched the episode quickly and didn't spend much time on thorough analysis, so if I'm off with my response here I apologize.

But from my observation, I didn't see Woo proactively initiate anything. It was Tony who approached Woo to spook him with a lie that LJ was gunning for him so Tony could eliminate a big threat in the game. You are right, Woo doesn't have many options. But that's because he's spent the game floating with the majority bloc. With that one exception of pursuing Spencer when searching for the special HII, he has been very passive in the game and that's why I am down on Woo as a player.

As for the exchange between Trish and Tony, I didn't see that as Trish making the move. Once again it was Tony who initiated the move (like he did with Woo) to try to get Trish to vote out the player Tony feared the most. I believe Trish's decision not to vote LJ was more her devotion to LJ as opposed to any attempt to thwart Tony.

The game-changing move that was missed was LJ's decision not to "rendezvous" with Tasha. I can understand LJ's concern over Tony seeing them going off together, but as Michel accurately stated, with the gazillion confessionals Tony had he could have had several private conversations with Tasha without Tony knowing. LJ would be able to get Trish, Tasha, and Jefra on his side in a NY minute. Kass would have taken a bit more doing, but with Trish talking into Kass' ear on LJ's behalf, I'm certain she would have been the fifth. And with that F5, LJ and Tasha could have monopolized the ICs up to the Finals.

Posted by dabo on 04-21-14 at 10:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-21-14 AT 10:26 PM (EST)

Yes, LJ missed his chance there.

Trish's "not move" was to absolve herself of blame for the LJ boot. She can sit next to Tony at FTC and vie for LJ's vote, in fact no one on the jury yet has anything against Trish.

But she wasn't making a move against Tony in-cycle to change up the game, no one was. Tony has four votes to knock out LJ no matter what. Unless Trish and Woo join forces and bring in LJ, Jefra and Ka(o)ss, neither of them can alter the fact that the boot will be either LJ or Jeremiah. But Ka(o)ss could easily see that as a chance to ambush the game and bring Tony over to the dark side.

Posted by Aruba on 04-22-14 at 06:34 AM
What makes a Finals prediction tricky is not knowing if we're going to have a F3 or F2. Nine jurors with a F2 makes more sense than eight with a F3, although stranger things have happened on Survivor.

Tony's playing a solid game to advance, but I would be surprised if he makes the Finals. If he does, I think he could take Trish, and as crazy as it may seem, I'd even predict he gets LJ's vote.

Whereas we've had disgruntled sore-losing Juries in the past, we've also had some who put ill feelings aside and voted for the Finalist who, in fact, played the best game that season. Out of the three current jurors, the only whinny cry-baby so far is Morgan. Both Sara and LJ took the high road and even gave props in their parting words to those who outplayed them. Even though we have five or six more who need to join the current three, I think this season we have the makings of a Jury where a majority will vote for who they believed played the best game.

Posted by michel2 on 04-22-14 at 08:23 PM
The jury always votes for the person they like most and, by definition, that player is the one that played the best game. That's how this game was conceived: It doesn't matter how many challenges you win, how many fish you catch or how many people you blindside; it's how you convince jurors to vote for you.

In other words: The jury is always right.

Posted by Aruba on 04-23-14 at 05:57 PM
No Michel, Juries are not always right. Their decision is final; but not always right. Any time you have human intervention some margin of error is inevitable.

Hey, if every season had a JT, a juror's job would be much easier and the margin of error would be slimmer.

You'll never convince me the average Survivor fan wants to sit through an entire season only to have a bunch of boobs casted by an inept Production crew vote for Mr. or Ms. Congeniality over a solid player who gave optimum effort when playing the game.

There have been seasons when unfortunately sore-losing and poor sportsmanship came to the forefront and a castaway gets awarded the million dollars out of default. Will we ever eliminate sore-losing and poor sportsmanship? Of course not, sadly. But to state that behavior is "right" just because they're jurors is not only ludicrous but a sad commentary for those who are willing to accept that type of behavior.

Posted by michel2 on 04-23-14 at 07:35 PM
It's the player's responsibility to make sure that jurors aren't bitter. They all know the deal so a player who doesn't take extra care in treating the future jurors right certainly didn't give an optimum effort. Quite the opposite, he huffed and he puffed in vain, working hard to turn himself into a goat.

Natalie totally deserved to beat Russell because, like you, he didn't know how the jury works.