URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 525
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"DWTS#7, Episode 11, ECST"

Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 08:46 PM
So, Len's gonna leave us for a week, is he? And we get to find out who's gonna take his seat for the week? Hoo boy.

Oh.yeah. There's also the Red Light of Doom, the Night of Filler, and the "Biggest, Grandest Macy's Stars of Dance segement. EVER!"

Plus, we gotta get ready for this probable concept: Clorky. In a Hip-Hop Group Dance Number...... *shudder*

Maybe we'll even get a Shocking Elimination? Dunno.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: DWTS#7, Episode 11, ECST"
Posted by qwertypie on 10-21-08 at 08:48 PM
If they stay, it will give a whole new meaning to "locking" "breaking" and "popping"

Posted by Snidget on 10-21-08 at 08:49 PM
...and that just the knee noises walking onto the stage.
*rimshot*

Posted by whimsey on 10-21-08 at 08:55 PM
Well, now how do I get rum off my screen?

"I guess Opportunity got knocked out....."
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 08:56 PM
They aired a performance recap show, starting at 8, and it included some backstage confessionals from the dancers........

Next week at that time will be Great Pumpkin time.... and we won't talk about 2 weeks from tonight....... (Election Day....)

"Judges Brakkage"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:05 PM
We get to hear comments from the judges about last night's craziness.

They gotta re-tape the paddle reveal when they have a triple score for those speed reviews.........

Len plain refused to give a 10 to a Jitterbug, he compared it to giving an Oscar to Mickie Mouse.......

"Guest Judge/Encore Dance"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:07 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-08 AT 09:08 PM (EST)

Michael Flatley will be guest judging next week for the Intercontinental Judge Len....... *poor baby*

Dancing the I Love Lucy Jitterbug, it's Cody and Julianne!

"RE: Guest Judge/Encore Dance"
Posted by whimsey on 10-21-08 at 09:16 PM
Michael Flatley?

I'm marking this one up to a cultural/continental difference.

Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:18 PM
I was trying to get the correct spelling off of the closed captions.......

Yes, the Lord of the Dance will be sitting in the middle chair......

Posted by Snidget on 10-21-08 at 09:20 PM
So what does this mean?

Irish coffee is the drink next week?

Posted by qwertypie on 10-21-08 at 09:49 PM
I'll stick with my Bailey's and icecream. YUMMMMMMMM!

"Brian Setzer Orchestra"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:15 PM
"Rock This Town"

"Who's Safe, Part 1"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:17 PM
Warren and Kym! (25)

Cloris and Clorky! (21, tied for the last) another VFTW victory......

"And vote for the worst goes nuts!!!"
Posted by Snidget on 10-21-08 at 09:17 PM
Clorky is safe.

"RE: And vote for the worst goes nuts!!!"
Posted by whimsey on 10-21-08 at 09:23 PM
Uh ... *goes* nuts?

just sayin

"RE: This is getting beyond RIDICULOUS!"
Posted by mindy23 on 10-22-08 at 09:52 AM
Let's just bring Sanjaya on and let him win that stupid mirror ball trophy! After all, it's not a competition anymore, anyway! Even George Hamilton and Jerry Springer went at a decent time, before most of the better dancers. But this?? Just beyond the insane......No wonder Len is taking a week off! I'd take the rest of the season off if I were him!!

Posted by Snidget on 10-22-08 at 09:57 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 09:59 AM (EST)

Wiki for Season 3

Jerry Springer made the Top 4 if they are right

Wiki for Season 2
George Hamilton made the Top 5

So Cloris should go in the next week or two.

ETF links

Posted by mindy23 on 10-23-08 at 11:16 AM
I'm reading that they both came in 5th. Doesn't matter-they were both better and more entertaining, IMHO. Can't remember, but seems like they had to have bumped off at least one better qualified performer. Guess that's just the way it goes in Reality Land......

Posted by Snidget on 10-23-08 at 11:40 AM
I swear Jerry was top 4 when I looked, but the pages do get edited on a fairly regular basis so it might have been wrong for awhile.

I think every single season there is someone that "overstays their welcome" based on talent. Most have either a huge fan base, or some sort of entertainment value (so bad they are good, or at least they manage to have a personality when the camera is on and the aren't scripted).

If one looks to the American people to vote based only on talent (and only on whatever one's own personal subjective view of what is talent) then that is a set up for disappointment.

People vote for all kinds of reasons. Typically the final few people of any show are among those most everyone agrees has some talent.

Posted by vince3 on 10-22-08 at 10:21 AM
You're letting VFTW get the best of you. This kind of reaction fuels them.

Posted by CTgirl on 10-22-08 at 01:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-22-08 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

IMO, this is the worst season ever of DWTS. They just aren't improving as much as dancers have in the past. I fast forwarded through the second half of everyones dance except for Warren, Cody and Brooke. It's no wonder people are voting for Cloris - she's entertaining. She's more fun than watching Susan, Toni etc dance tentatively.

Posted by mtopaz on 10-23-08 at 04:54 PM
Have to agree. Susan and Toni were both boring the hell out of me this season. Do they have osteoporosis? Vertigo? Why are they mincing around the floor like they're older than Cloris? And Toni was just boring - her voice inflection never changed. Was she just too cool to show some liveliness? Susan and Tony looked like they were taking a turn on the ballroom floor of a senior cruise - borrrrring!

I think Cloris deserved to stay this week because she was spun around that floor like nobody's business and then managed to do some steps without falling down from dizziness. Corky's a surprisingly dirty old man. Knock off the boob grabs Corky, please - you're grossing me out.

Designed by Agman, siggy maker to the gemstones

"Ballroom Kids: 12-13"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:27 PM
Dancing the Jive, Anthony and Alisa to "Fun, Fun, Fun"

Dancing the Paso Doble, Mitchell and Maria to traditional Paso music.

"RE: Ballroom Kids: 12-13"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:36 PM
Advancing to the Ballroom Kids Finals...... after Cloris invades Samantha-bot's attempt at interview 1.0.......

Mitchell and Maria (2-1, Len was again the dissenting vote)

"Macy's Stars of Dance - 150th Anniversary Edition"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:38 PM
They're Dancing Through the Decades: 30s, 60s, 80s, and The Future!

Biggest Set/Performance ever to be done.......

"RE: Macy's Stars of Dance - 150th Anniversary Edition"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:44 PM
30s: Done in mostly Black/White....... has a couple of Tap Danders, and a swing band

60s: Get On Up! From Little Richard highlights the dancing area there...... complete with a light-up dance floor

80s: As promised, we got Free Runners. And Break Dancing, Beat It style.

Future: The 30s set had some dancers inside some glass cages covered by cloth. They're in semi-robotic garb, and are joined by the ladies and doing a cross between dancing and robotic-style moves..... to some funky music. They even got some rain on the stage area.

"Who's Safe, Part 2"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:53 PM
We get a promotional package celebrating the Halfway Point and more trash talking from everyone to everyone else.

Safe: Cody and Julianne! (28)

Maurice and Cheryl! (27)

"Who's Safe, Final Rush!"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 09:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-21-08 AT 10:04 PM (EST)

Toni/Alec, Brooke/Derek, Lance/Lacey, and Susan/Tony are the last 4 couples standing.....

Safe: Brooke/Derek! (29) Lance/Lacey! (21)

Red Light of Doom: Toni/Alec! (22) Susan/Tony! (22)

The couple going home this week: *heartbeat music* Toni/Alec!

"RE: Who's Safe, Final Rush!"
Posted by Snidget on 10-21-08 at 10:01 PM
Wow, the Dial Idol prediction hit the bottom two and the bottom one the way I calculated it.

"Brooke and Derek"
Posted by vince3 on 10-21-08 at 10:05 PM
fixing the header for our current leaders.......

Posted by Round Robin on 10-22-08 at 02:01 AM
Just read elsewhere on this site that Julianne got hauled to the horse-pistol due to the bellyache. Had it all day but it got worse during the show so the docs shipped her off to get it checked.

Posted by Snidget on 10-22-08 at 06:14 AM
TMZ has a link
http://www.tmz.com/2008/10/21/julianne-hough-collapses-after-dancing/

Posted by Round Robin on 10-22-08 at 04:02 PM
According to one of the comments posted at that site, the poster listened to an interview she did on another site and she said she's fine and it was blown way out of proportion. But if she hadn't been OK my money would have been on it being appendicitis.