URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5243
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep 2"

Posted by Aruba on 03-07-14 at 07:56 PM
Even though the guys are dropping like flies at the first three TCs, I'm just not feeling it for the female castaways yet.

1) LJ - No reason to knock him from my top perch. Although some may tag him a "tool," he proved that his resourcefulness and challenge prowess deserves advancement in the game. Morgan verified that. And when others were curled in a fetal position bawling their eyes out over the weather, he used the monsoon to successfully find the HII. Now THAT'S a Survivor. Well done, young man. Well done!

2) SPENCER - Finding himself in an unfavorable position he could have pulled a "T'Jia" and totally flipped out. But to his credit was able to keep his emotions in check. His performance in the maze portion of the IC literally saved his Survivor life.

3) TONY - He's boisterous; he's a liar; he's egotistic...but he can play! If you're searching for an answer why you are the only one in your tribe who appears to be playing the game, look no further than Casting's incompetence. But he better think of cluing Sarah in about the HII, because should she first find out when he plays it, she'll be seeing "red" over their "blue blood" trust.

4) SARAH - Although Tony did initiate the alliance, it would have never happened had Sarah not assumed correctly he was a cop. Too bad she's gullible to think Tony would never lie to her. But hey, Natalie was pathetically gullible to believe all the crap Russell dished out, and in the end, Hantz essentially wrote out the million dollar check in her name. Now by no means am I insinuating this is exactly what will happen her, but my point being ignorance can be bliss in the game of Survivor. Had her in my top three until I saw the preview where she indicated throwing the IC.

5) WOO - Fun guy, great attitude, and way to bring it in the maze portion to earn another victory for the Brawn tribe. As much as I like him, me thinks he has Jury member written all over him.

6) ALEXAS - Very smart coming up with the plan to flush out the idol. Not only did they boot their primary target, but are also fairly certain Morgan does not possess the HII now. A classic "kill two birds with one stone."

7) TASHA - While Spencer was walking on eggshells, T'Jia was cooking rice, and Kass was doing some interior decorating around camp, Tasha was thinking about practice for the upcoming challenge. Good idea. Got a chuckle when she gave Spencer a kick in the pants saying HE should be more willing to practice than anyone.

8) CLIFF - He got decent airtime in the Premier, but other than a stoic pose during the monsoon and Tony targeting him & Lyndsey to Sarah, he was virtually invisible. When Sarah was telling Woo in the preview we have to get rid of "HIM" it couldn't be Woo or the guy she swore on her badge to. They must be throwing the IC to eliminate the former professional athlete.

9) TRISH - Other than a little narration about the storm in the opening segment, another player pretty much invisible this episode.

10) JEREMIAH - It's swell you want to please everyone and not create any ill feelings among others. It will earn you a merit badge; maybe get you elected Mayor of Cagayan; but you won't win Survivor that way.

11) MORGAN - Well your quick thinking didn't fool everyone. It sure didn't fool LJ. And like I said last week, sooner or later the others would try to flush out the idol; I just didn't think it would be this soon. Fortunately for her, with six voters it resulted in a revote as opposed to proving she really didn't have the idol by getting the most votes and consequently having to take the walk of shame.

12) KASS - Waste of space, but could go far in the game by being perceived as a pathetically inept non-threat.

13) JEFRA - Ah yes, what would a Survivor season be without a little petunia in an onion patch crying and belly-aching over the adverse conditions. You should know better by now. This is S28 sweet thing...suck it up or get your a$$ back home.

14) T'JIA - A slight rebound from a disasterous Premier performance. But destroying your tribe's food supply is still an unforgivable sin.

15) LYNDSEY - She's a hairdresser? Where? In Jamaica??? So she wishes she "hadn't put herself in this situation." Well that make the two of us. Be gone!

BOOTED) BRICE - Whereas it's understandable he "floats" to Jeremiah (for obvious reason,) Jeremiah will "float" to the woman as opposed to you (for the same obvious reason.) Couple that with his delusional explanation that Solana wanted to eliminate the most beautiful person on that tribe, this joker could not walk off the set quick enough to jump back into whatever comic book he popped out of.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: S28 Love/Like/Loathe List Ep 2"
Posted by michel2 on 03-08-14 at 07:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-14 AT 07:22 PM (EST)

1- Jeremiah: He really emerged in this episode to become an important player. He gave us a great moment, the opportunity to watch a player quietly positioning himself to take over the reigns of a tribe. Going with Brice would have given him all the power. On the surface, he stayed with LJ so he doesn’t appear to have taken over the power, but his side deal with Jefra means he has the votes to take it away from the horse trainer as soon as he feels the time is right. He isn’t giving his trust to anyone but everyone trusted him. Now, he clearly needs to repair his relationship with Morgan, the hot woman with a grudge, but what choice will she have? Jeremiah looks like the type of guy that has learned to deal with an angry woman.

2- Sarah: She looked very gullible but all of her story depends on the identity of her target when she suggests throwing a challenge. It’s rarely a smart idea to throw a challenge before the swap (the one exception could have been to boot Hantz but even that didn’t work). If she is targeting Cliff, it will be disastrous for her game. It would tell us that she has been totally fooled by Tony, opening the door for his run to the end. However, we see her talking to Woo, Cliff’s wing-man, so that makes me think she’s probably not talking about eliminating Woo’s “idol”. Maybe she has uncovered Tony’s lies.

3- Tony: Here we have a high wire act that made a big splash on our screens. We are truly seeing the game in Aparri through his eyes and he looks like a juggler that has many plates spinning at the end of sticks while he’s trying to keep them all from falling. Will he be able to do it? It all depends on being able to keep Sarah in the dark about his lies. If she does stay true to the “Blue-Blood” alliance then it could work. However, Sarah is heard talking about throwing a challenge. It would be funny to see the one who admires Hantz getting the boot after his tribe threw a challenge!

4- Spencer: He is still in the same position as last week, but Luzon’s new found harmony should get him to the swap where he will find a way out of this predicament. He's a likable guy that has no allies. That should come in handy for a group in need of a vote and Spencer is smart enough to see that.

5- LJ: He showed that he isn't a complete tool, that he had a lot of resolve and intelligence to find the idol, but his trust in Jeremiah could have cost him his only true ally. Hearing Jefra and Morgan talking made us wonder if LJ made a mistake in thinking that Brice was more dangerous. Jeremiah would have more trouble convincing Jefra to go with him and Brice if he was still there. Now, the Jeremiah, Jefra, Morgan trio seems like a natural pairing. Will LJ see it coming? His game depends on seeing through Jeremiah’s plan.

6- Morgan: She made a mistake by talking to Jefra before Jeremiah had a chance to do so. She revealed too much and so she lost her closest ally, the one that had her back. She could still recover by going with Jefra and Jeremiah. (the format of 6 players in a tribe gives a lot of power to the outsider, doesn’t it? As soon as one player goes, we wind up in a situation where 1 person can become the swing vote.)

7- Tasha: Her main problem will be her social game because everyone knows she wants to strategize and she isn't very diplomatic. Very few players will trust her going deeper in the game. Kass immediately wondered if Tasha would burn her even if she went with them. In this game of trust, Tasha has earned very little and it was all because of her own actions.

8- Kass: J’Tia’s good luck charm had a quiet episode but she was a big part of Luzon’s first “non-loss”. Her problem is her social game where her need for honesty has proven to hurt her already.

9- Woo: Besides being a martial arts expert, we saw that Woo is very well liked by his tribe and it was nice to see him handling the tropical storm. The problem with Woo’s story is that we have yet to see any game smarts. Of course, Aparri hasn’t gone to Tribal Council yet so maybe he will step us his tactical game but he really doesn’t look like the type of guy that has any idea about long term strategy. His story, pictured by his words during the storm, seems more like live for the moment.

10- Cliff: Like his wingman, Cliff hasn’t shown us any type of strategy besides getting the group to like him. In Survivor, being well-liked is usually a reason to get voted out.

11- Alexis: She doesn’t pull her weight around camp and looked completely shocked at TC when her name came up. Her plan to split the votes worked, but we saw that it almost cost her the game. Therefore, we can’t say she’s really smart. You don't split votes when 1 voter can totally flip the outcome. There was no way Morgan would give th idol to Brice even if she had it so the smart player would have put 4 votes on Brice.

12- Jefra: Like Lindsey, she had a lot of trouble handling the conditions and she couldn’t stop complaining but she didn't quit when LJ asked for volunteers. We also heard that she was unaware of all the discussions going on around camp. Still, Jefra has an important role to play because she has a side-deal with Jeremiah and suggested voting out LJ. She could find herself in the power trio before long.

13- Trish: She showed more toughness during the storm than Lindsey but she still said she was screwed. Her relative isolation in the tribe shows that she has limited social abilities and we haven’t seen her doing well in challenges.

14- J'Tia is right in saying her antics were entertaining but that doesn't mean we need to see her on our screen every week. Unfortunately, Luzon has gained some confidence in challenges so we may have to watch her until the swap.

15- Lindsey: A ridiculous situation? Did she think she was going into the comforts of the BB house?

Booted - Brice: He was fun but he said Alexis didn't talk strategy with him. Here's a hint for anyone who would like to play this game. YOU have to talk to everyone. If someone isn't talking to you, do whatever you can to change that. Or else you will get the boot like Brice.

Posted by Aruba on 03-09-14 at 09:05 AM
Good list and very nice assessment of players.

Alexis' "surprised" look at TC when her name came up was nothing more than an Academy Award nomination performance. She knew she was getting votes at TC which is why she had to be proactive to ensure a 2-2-2 initial votes fearing a potential HII play.

And I wouldn't read too much into Brice saying "Alexis didn't talk strategy with him." Like Alexis, Brice knew he was getting votes as well and what we saw at TC was a boy scrambling more than my eggs on a Sunday morning. He also knew that he and Morgan would be writing down Alexis' name. With all those facts in mind, all he needs to do was somehow, someway get only ONE other voter to change their vote to Alexis. And he would be willing to do or say anything to accomplish that.

Pretty interesting theory on Sarah maybe targeting Tony when suggesting to throw the IC. In the premier we did hear her say with her experience in interrogation she can read people well. If she somehow read Tony and beat him to the punch with a blindside next episode, it will be no secret who would jump to #1 on my list after Ep. 3.

Posted by michel2 on 03-09-14 at 10:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-09-14 AT 10:24 AM (EST)

Thank you Aruba. This season is much more interesting up to now than the very predictable Blood vs Water.

From what he said right after being voted out, Brice really thought he had Jeremiah's vote secured. He wasn't scrambling at TC but rather being arrogant. Saying "Alexis didn't talk to me". was his way of saying he was a smarter player than her and that he was soon going to prove it to everyone.

PS. I don't think Alexis is that good an actress. She probably figured Morgan was voting against LJ, not her.

Posted by Aruba on 03-09-14 at 01:18 PM
There was no question in Alexis' mind that she would be receiving two votes in that TC. That's why she was so fearful of a 3-2-1 vote where if the player with three votes pulls out the idol she would be the casualty going home. Hence her plan for the initial 2-2-2 vote and a revote where she would be safe regardless if an idol was played.

Sorry, but IMO I'm taking anything Brice says with a grain of salt...especially when he wholeheartedly believed HE was the most beautiful on the tribe??? Are you kidding me? This clown is a legend in his own mind. He knew he was very much at risk and yes he was scrambling for his life at TC.

Posted by michel2 on 03-09-14 at 03:51 PM
Believing he was the most beautiful on the tribe shows conceit. A conceited person is much more likely to show arrogance than insecurity. I admit he wasn't sure that Jeremiah would vote with him but he had a good feeling about it. Anyway, it doesn't matter much since he is gone.

If you want to believe that Alexis is smart, good for her. I still think she was dumb to propose the split vote idea.

Posted by Aruba on 03-10-14 at 06:17 AM
All I'm SAYING (as opposed to believing) is Alexis made a smart MOVE. And one smart MOVE does not necessarily a smart PERSON make.

Just because she came up with a smart move to ensure her safety, by no means am I saying she possesses a...130 IQ? LOL

Posted by michel2 on 03-10-14 at 08:01 PM
That's the difference between us: I'm saying it's that very move that opened the door for Jeremiah and almost got her voted out. There was absolutely no chance that Morgan would have given the idol to Brice if she had it so the smart move wa sto put 4 votes on him. That would have handcuffed Jeremiah and forced Morgan to play her idol if she had it anyway.

Posted by dabo on 03-10-14 at 11:39 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-14 AT 11:40 PM (EST)

Shaking things up a bit this week, it is early yet.

01. Spencer (01). The kid retains top spot this week simply because no one knocked him off. I like him, he has excellent situational awareness and keeps his head in the game, impressive in one so young. Shame he is on Crazytribe, but at least he had nothing to do with making it that way. Good job coming from behind in the challenge.

02. L.J. (04). Some good game this week from the horse trainer who somehow landed on the cobbled together Beautribe. From a precarious position on his tribe he has managed to do well.

03. Tasha (06). Not much from her this week, but what we saw of her was dealing well with the others in her tribe and placing herself in the control position.

04. Jefra (05). Landed on her feet, and I get the impression this one is a watcher. Makes sense, on paper at least she should have the perfect skillset to thrive and survive in Beautribe.

05. Alexis (13). Partnered well with Jefra, landed on her feet as well.

06. Sarah (12). People -- well, Tony at least -- have started to come to her. Good sign. Can she overcome her own flaws?

07. Jeremiah (09). Seems to be more willing to learn from the game than your typical mactor.

08. Trish (02). Just not enough from her this week to keep her high on the list.

09. Woo (07). What little we've gotten of him has been optimistic.

10. Cliff (03). Pretty much disappeared this week but did well in the challenge, the dynamic duo were the first to break the maze.

11. Kass (03). Can't fault her for trying to do what is best for herself, and she partnered with Spencer to pull the challenge come-from-behind, but I think her time is limited.

12. Morgan (14). Things are just not going hot girl's way.

13. Lindsey (11). For some reason before the season started I was expecting more from this one, but so far it has been less than impressive.

14. Tony (10). I wanted to like this guy -- and there actually is a lot about him to like, and at least he is also entertaining. But his disparaging attitude about everyone around him is perfectly despicable. And he's a bad liar. Not that it was a bad thing to lie about, he simply did it very badly.

15. J'Tia (16). All she has going for her is a goat game, and I just don't care.

Good-bye, Brice (15). For a blatant subcultural stereotype he sure seemed to believe his own BS.

Posted by personofinterest on 03-11-14 at 01:55 PM
I had some changes this week.

1. Woo: Loved his attitude about the storm. Not sure he will be long for the game if we don't see some strategy, but he just is fun to watch.

2. Sarah: I am hoping that she is not being completely snowed by Tony, but she really is a competitor. I have been wondering if her wanting to throw a challenge might end up biting her on the butt. Could she be her own casualty?

3. Cliff: I would love to see him get more screentime before his inevitable vote off.

4. LJ: Moved up a little because he made the effort to go look for an idol and then found it.

5. Spencer: He is hanging in there and made a great effort at the puzzle thus avoiding TC.

6. Tasha: Wasn't a bad idea to practice and she kept her cool.

7. Kass: I want to like her. She is up this high because I want to like her.

8. Jeremiah: Moved way up because I know who he is now. He does seem to be thinking and planning.

9. Tony: Such a cartoon, but I have to hand it to him for at least being aware that he is playing a game. Looking for the clues to keep them from others was smart.

10. Alexis: I know who she is now as well. She really is pretty - sort of reminds me of Jennifer Beals way back in the Flashdance days. She at least looked at the situation and planned with the info that she had.

11. Trish: Moved way down because she has kind of disappeared.

12. Morgan: Awww ... Things aren't going her way right now, but this could change if she can get Jeremiah and Jefra in her corner.

13. J'Tia: Moved up because she at least is slightly aware that she is a train wreck.

14. Jefra: I think it is her voice. She seems clueless.

15. Lindsey: I just haven't warmed up to her at all.

Gone: Brice: Personally, I got a kick out of him. Even if he was more low key, I don't think he was going to fit in very well with his tribe.