URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5220
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Unsolved Mysteries"

Posted by SouperStar on 05-10-04 at 12:43 PM
Few loose threads that I hope people can wrap up for me...

Was the Purple Rock of Death announced as the tie breaker? Couldn't it have been previous votes or trivia?

If Sl**k at Su**s was a plant, why was the fake boot list so close (Final 2, Final 5 & Jury all correct)?

What happened to Rupert between the ##### TC & the PI Results (teeth & cut on arm)?

Did Jeff call for the boat for Jerri?

Is it healthy for Lex, Tom & Kathy to STILL be THAT bitter?

HEY LEX!!
It's just a game.
YOU LOST!! Deal with it, BRO!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Unsolved Mysteries"
Posted by tribephyl on 05-10-04 at 03:57 PM
"Few loose threads that I hope people can wrap up for me..."

"Was the Purple Rock of Death announced as the tie breaker? Couldn't it have been previous votes or trivia?"

Not officially. There was no tie this season. There was no tie in the past 3 seasons. I wrote elsewhere that the likelyhood of a tie is nearly non-existant since the first time the purplerock was announced. It held true. As to the previous votes/trivia question tie-breaker, those two methods were phased out in favor of the purple rock, in hopes of never having a tie-vote again.
It's working!

"If Sleek at Sucks was a plant, why was the fake boot list so close (Final 2, Final 5 & Jury all correct)?"

Good guesses!

"What happened to Rupert between the ##### TC & the PI Results (teeth & cut on arm)?"
Ruperts teeth were just fine during the PI finale. The camera angle, in the shots of Rupert, seemed to show that he was missing teeth. But, they were just shadows.
Why everyone seems to think he had lost his teeth is beyond me.

"Did Jeff call for the boat for Jerri?"

No. She was already on the mainland.

"Is it healthy for Lex, Tom & Kathy to STILL be THAT bitter?"

No, but they are all nearing their twillight years anyway.
IMO Good riddance.

"HEY LEX!!
It's just a game.
YOU LOST!! Deal with it, BRO!"

Here! Here!
I agree completely!

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

"Purple Rock"
Posted by dajaki on 05-10-04 at 04:04 PM
To the best of my knowledge, there was no tie-breaking strategy announced. There hasn't been a need for a tie-breaker since the purple rock, the specter of which has terrified Survivors since the Marquesas Final 4.

Who knows what MB and company would have used to break a tie? They could have gone back to previous votes or even had the jury break the tie on the spot. That would have been interesting. It would also give the two "safe" Survivors (safe being the two who haven't received votes at that TC) some food for thought if the jury clearly favors one of the two "unsafe" Survivors.

To Clarify: 2 votes each against Rob and Rupert. The jury votes to break the tie and Rob is sent to the jury 4-1. Jenna and Amber see that as a vote of confidence from the jury for Rupert and make a pact to get rid of him if he doesn't win final immunity.

"RE: Purple Rock"
Posted by SouperStar on 05-10-04 at 04:50 PM
>Who knows what MB and company would have used to break
>a tie? They could have gone back to previous votes or even had the
>jury break the tie on the spot. That would have been interesting.
>
>To Clarify: 2 votes each against Rob and Rupert. The
>jury votes to break the tie and Rob is sent to the jury 4-1.

Jenna and Amber see that as a way for the jury to stab Rob in the back, the front, the neck, the head and wherever bitter people view as penannce.

btw, can anyone with morphing skill change Lex into the "Bitter Beer Face" from Keystone Beer ads?
HEY Lex!
It's just a game.

Posted by memacmur on 05-10-04 at 04:15 PM
I would love to know what the rules given to the actual participants say regarding ties (if anything). The survivor website lists very few rules, and fails to mention anything about how ties would be dealt with. Perhaps that is so the producers can change their mind as they see fit, perhaps not. Everyone certainly feared the rock (besides Rupert), which makes me think they might have included it in a rule set given to the players.

I'll put my million dollar vote in for any particpant who posts an answer (Rob C, we know you're out there)...

What if sleek wasn't a plant? What if this season just was far too spoilable? Easier to predict how players will play when we've already seen them once. Almost no one changed their style of play, Rob M. was simply put in a good position thanks to his tribe. Combine that with the travelling bootee spoilers and spoilers of Romber together and it wasn't too hard to deduce Romber did well.

Certainly not healthy for all that bitterness, although I can see Tom being upset about the comments made about his son. Lex should me much more pissed at himself for his own mistakes. Kudos to Kathy for 1) being upset and hurt, but 2) still acknowledging good (if mean) gameplay.

I think Jerri missed the boat.

MEmacmur

Posted by babalouie on 05-11-04 at 00:31 AM
In chat, jenna said Jiffy had informed them they would use the purple rock in case of a tie.

"Chat transcripts?"
Posted by Cayman on 05-11-04 at 03:19 AM
Are the transcripts of Jenna and Rupert's chats posted anywhere? On the weekend, they were mentioned on the CBS site, but the link seems to have disappeared...

Posted by Loree on 05-11-04 at 10:42 AM
I think what makes Tom look so bad is the way he constantly talked about Sue. But gets angry for things others said. Jeff even said that Bo entered the game and was part of it. So anything goes. But Tom thinks he can talk bad about people but it isn't fair the other way. Plus when Tom acted so dumb at TC with the handshake, he still didn't know what Rob had said about Bo. So I think he is just using that now. Tom lied about things to Rob and got caught. Now he won't admit it. No wonder Tom and Lex are friends. They both had different rules for themselves and others.

Posted by JohnMc on 05-11-04 at 12:37 PM
I disagree, Loree. It's a subtle disagreement, though.

Tom says that it's ok to talk bad about him, but not about his family. Tom made fun of Rob, Sue, and plenty of others. And he took it all back when it was thrown his way. He doesn't care of people call him stupid or backwoods or any of that.

Tom had a problem with making fun of Bo because he's family. Tom didn't make fun of anyone's family, Sue's, Rob's or anyones. That's his contention.

Now, Tom did feel burned by Rob, and he was p1ssed. I don't blame him, and I'd feel the same as him. Did he lie about a pregame strategy? I don't know, but he stayed true to his word to Rob. Rob played everyone, and they were all upset w/his betrayal. The villain just can't win (unless you are Rich, and even that won't happen anymore). I think Tom is over that betrayal. But his anger now, which seems to be subsiding since the finale, is about family.

Say you want about Tom, just don't talk bad about his family.