URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5217
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Lvoe List 26.13"

Posted by dabo on 05-09-13 at 07:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-13 AT 07:47 PM (EST)

This game sure takes a toll on the players, breaks them down in so many ways. Like, they are away from their family for six weeks in a fantastic paradise, not like they're doing long tour of duty in a war zone somewhere. And yet so many of them act like it's a reunion with some longlost loved one. Ah, well.

01. Cochran (01). He's in a great position to win this one, assuming he gets to FTC. Get blindsided by Cochran, it is just Survivor geek playing the game, on some level he's showing you a degree of respect. Has done a good job of keeping his head in the game and keeping the game under control. What especially works in his favor, whether it was by design or chance, the three remaining players who should be trying to get him out -- Eddie, Erik and Sherri -- just cannot or will not work together.

02. Eddie (04). Though he's been on the bottom of the game for the longest time, Eddie is well positioned to win -- even against Cochran -- should he manage to get to FTC. He's well liked, has many friends and admirers on the jury. His resentment of Erik and perhaps hatred of Sherri are unfortunate.

03. Erik (03). Losing his longtime ally Brenda, Erik's road to victory just got a lot rougher. He still could pull it off, but somehow he would have to get rid of Cochran. And probably Eddie as well. Convincing the jury that he's some sort of mastermind, nah that's not happening. But lucid explanations of his bare bones uncomplicated game play just might work.

04. Dawn (05). Get blindsided by Dawn, it's like getting a punch in the jaw and a kick in the gut and a stab to the heart all at once. She could still manage to squeak out a win here, if she can somehow achieve redemption. She wanted to make a big move but instead let Cochran dictate her game, like Erik last week she should have just gone ahead and voted Eddie out of the game. What can she do now to put herself in a position for a potential win? Simple, do the one thing the other three can't, organize a Cochran blindside. Will she? Nah.

05. Sherri (06). Sherri believes she has been under-estimated. She's delusional. She has absolutely no chance of winning this game and is just hanging on to go as far as she can.

Good-bye, Brenda (02). Smart idea arranging a Cochran blindside. Once again, unfortunately, we see that falling for Dawn's friendship act is just a deadly mistake.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Lvoe List 26.13"
Posted by personofinterest on 05-10-13 at 09:45 AM
Interesting episode. It is fascinating how emotional people get at the loved ones visit. I always wondered why anyone would try to win that challenge since it is always a double edged sword. That being said, if I were there, I would probably cry hysterically and be disappointed if I didn't win time with my family.

1. Cochran (1): I really can't see him losing. Most of that is his skill this time around, and part of it is others not willing or able to make the move to get him out. He has kept his head in the game and deserves to be here at the end.

2. Erik (3): Still like the guy even though most of the time he seems just along for the ride. He has had a plan - just a very quiet "go along to get along" plan.

3. Dawn (4): I don't think she made her best move, but I understand why she did it. Tough road ahead for her because I think Brenda will remain upset in loser lodge.

4. Eddie (6): Can't believe he is still here, but the jury sure seems to love him!

5. Sherri (5): Leader of the Delusions R Us alliance. Membership - 1.

Oh, Brenda. I was cheering for you, but once you started talking about how humble you were ... well, you were no longer humble.

"RE: Lvoe List 26.13"
Posted by michel on 05-12-13 at 02:37 PM
This episode really showed the problem with Survivor: They do too much, going overboard with stupid twists.

1- Cochran: Is there anyone else really playing this game? No one can beat him because they simply don't know how to play.

2- Eddie: He's Outlasted only by luck. He has no clue about Outwitting and hasn't Outplayed anyone yet. Outplaying is his only hope.

3- Dawn: You can't be a cold-calculating strategist and a hot mess at the same time. No one besides Cirie can be lovable and cutthroat. Brian, Todd and a few others only managed likable and cutthroat.

4- Erik: He's outlasted only because he didn't matter. He could Outplay others but he seems too scared to put in a good effort. As for Outwitting, he only Outwitted himself and that realization must hurt.

5- Sherri: She's controlling the game alright. The problem is, the game she's playing is called "Hand over the check to Cochran".

Booted- Brenda: Contrary to most people here, I think she did everything right except for winning the challenge. Booting Eddie first and Cochran next was the best move for Dawn and a strategist has to count on others making their best moves.

Ils sont fous, ces Romains!