URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 521
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Wild card winners... your choices"

Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-09-04 at 09:35 PM
Boy, was this easy.

George Huff, Leah Lebelle, Suzy Vulaca and Jennifer Hudson.
One of them gets voted in, and the other 3 are judges' choices.
I think they made that very clear.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Table of contents
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,I_AM_HE, 09:38 PM, 03-09-04
    • I never vote, but...,I_AM_HE, 10:05 PM, 03-09-04
      • RE: I never vote, but...,TeamJoisey, 10:10 PM, 03-09-04
      • RE: I never vote, but...,bobstew617, 10:57 PM, 03-10-04
        • RE: I never vote, but...,I_AM_HE, 11:13 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,IslandFever, 11:14 PM, 03-09-04
      • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,I_AM_HE, 00:56 AM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,MTW1961, 11:24 AM, 03-10-04
      • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,RollDdice, 08:44 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,coolflowerpowerman, 07:57 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Joyful, 08:41 PM, 03-10-04
      • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,I_AM_HE, 08:50 PM, 03-10-04
        • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Joyful, 00:46 AM, 03-11-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Angelfood, 09:43 PM, 03-09-04
  • My notes from tonight,Breezy, 09:44 PM, 03-09-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,libgirl2, 10:00 PM, 03-09-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Femme, 10:30 PM, 03-09-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Bebo, 10:58 PM, 03-09-04
    • I'm with you, until...,TeamJoisey, 11:03 PM, 03-09-04
      • RE: I'm with you, until...,Bebo, 11:07 PM, 03-09-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,munson, 11:28 PM, 03-09-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,712, 00:44 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Mistral, 00:43 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Chrissy gal, 02:43 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,LilNik8, 03:10 AM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,pmspml5, 07:27 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,smiley, 07:53 AM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,ElroyJetson, 09:45 AM, 03-10-04
      • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,smiley, 05:06 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,true, 09:01 AM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Bebo, 09:22 AM, 03-10-04
    • That would surprise me,TeamJoisey, 09:37 AM, 03-10-04
      • RE: That would surprise me,true, 09:54 AM, 03-10-04
        • Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?,Mistral, 10:26 AM, 03-10-04
          • Judge's picks,ElroyJetson, 10:54 AM, 03-10-04
            • RE: Judge's picks,MTW1961, 11:30 AM, 03-10-04
          • RE: Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?,TeamJoisey, 01:31 PM, 03-10-04
            • RE: Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?,ElroyJetson, 01:51 PM, 03-10-04
            • RE: Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?,true, 04:03 PM, 03-10-04
      • Judge's picks,angelworth29, 01:29 PM, 03-10-04
        • RE: Judge's picks,Chrissy gal, 06:04 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Monicanada, 09:33 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,ElroyJetson, 09:34 AM, 03-10-04
  • Leah,buckeyegirl, 09:59 AM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Leah,dangerkitty, 11:57 AM, 03-10-04
      • RE: Leah,nailbone, 12:24 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Leah,Oscirus, 02:29 PM, 03-10-04
      • RE: Leah,I_AM_HE, 07:02 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,managerr, 11:07 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,MTW1961, 11:23 AM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,johnthemod, 12:31 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,GuessItRains, 01:21 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,DoodleBug, 02:10 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,geg6, 04:11 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,MadFashion, 12:02 PM, 03-11-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,nailbone, 02:18 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Oscirus, 02:22 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,periwinkle, 02:35 PM, 03-10-04
  • Suzy, Jon Peter, George,Joyful, 02:46 PM, 03-10-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,Schnookie Palookie, 04:53 PM, 03-10-04
    • NO?,Breezy, 04:59 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,niteowl, 01:34 AM, 03-12-04
  • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,BennyBoy, 04:55 PM, 03-10-04
    • RE: Wild card winners... your choices,leogirl_21, 09:18 AM, 03-11-04

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Wild card winners... your choices"
Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-09-04 at 09:38 PM
0. Lisa – you were ROBBED! TWICE! Screw this show!

1. Jon Peter – Something of a protest vote, without Lisa to vote for. But he made me laugh. I give him a ton of credit for taking a big risk that mostly paid off. And he still has one of the most unique voices in the competition. GO JON PETER!

2. Jennifer – The histrionics still annoy me a bit, but her voice rocks. Like Suzy, great range.

3. Suzy – Paula hit the nail on the head – this chica has RANGE! I also don’t like the song, but you go Suzy!

4. Katie – Nice song and performance, but what was up with the outfit? Didn’t like her quite as much as her 1st time.

5. George – Honestly, he disappointed me a bit, but it was still pretty good. Definitely fun and soulful, but I thought Simon was going to say something like “You’re Sunday Song Special material, not American Idol material” with his “agreement” with Randy…and for this performance, at least, I would have agreed with Simon’s random putdown.

6. Elizabeth – Shouldn’t even be here. That said, there were some very pretty spots, but also some very ugly spots.

7. Leah – Yeah you didn’t expect it. That’s why you were crying, right? Her speaking voice annoys me almost as much as her singing voice. What were the judges smoking? She was better last week, this performance sucked. I hope America shoots the judges’ pimping of you down AGAIN. I can’t believe Simon actually disagreed with them this time about you, he was right on.

8. Matthew – Also shouldn’t be here, argh! If I didn’t have his entirely mediocre voice and inability to enunciate as material, I’d still have Life of Brian jokes to use: “Hey Big Nose!” Yuck, yuck, yuck! No, it’s not more confidence. It’s that you suck. Shut up and get off my TV.

Overall: PLEASE America, DON’T vote for Matthew!!! I think the judges were sufficiently off Matthew’s bandwagon that they’ll only force Leah on us. My predictions: Jennifer, George, Jon Peter, Leah (should be Suzy. OR LISA!) I think the audience may surprise and vote for Jon Peter (if not Jennifer). They certainly aren't going to vote for Leah, no matter how much the judges pimp her.

Other rejects:

Marque – What a loser. The friggin Al Gore of AI contestants. NO! I WANT A RECOUNT! Get off my screen. I feel sorry for Lisa, Eric, and Tiara for having to sit with you.

Eric and Tiara – Would have taken you two and Lisa over Matthew, Elizabeth and Leah.

- RMMNW!!!

"I never vote, but..."
Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-09-04 at 10:05 PM
I called in for Jon Peter 7 times to screw with them

GO JON PETER!

"RE: I never vote, but..."
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-09-04 at 10:10 PM
I'm with you... I would love to see Jon Peter Lewis channel Elvis while John Stevens channels Sinatra. What a duet!

Honey, get me the phone!

Pssst... the names I listed above are not my choices, just my prediction for tomorrow night.

Posted by bobstew617 on 03-10-04 at 10:57 PM
And you got your wish... Poor Suzy. I thought she was one of the 2 best along with Jennifer last night.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-10-04 at 11:13 PM
yes, i do feel bad for Suzy, but that is NOT JPL's fault, it's PAULA'S fault for choosing Bleah

I feel most sorry for Lisa

Posted by IslandFever on 03-09-04 at 11:14 PM
I say Jennifer, George, Suzy, and America votes for JPL. Lisa was definitely robbed. Katie was waaaaay off tune.

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-10-04 at 00:56 AM
that would be ideal, but i'm afraid randy or paula will pick Leah

*fingers crossed* though

Posted by MTW1961 on 03-10-04 at 11:24 AM
I agree about Lisa being robbed. She sounded really good in the audtion footage we heard last night.

RBBRTFHLA/Sugar Ho Division/Gummi Candy Section - Marketing VP

Posted by RollDdice on 03-10-04 at 08:44 PM
MTW1961 -

Your sig pic is ready. Check your PM. (it looks something like this...)

Hand-crafted by RollDdice

Posted by coolflowerpowerman on 03-10-04 at 07:57 PM
The Wild Car Winners as I'd pick them

1) SUZY VULUACA!!!!

2) John Peter Lewis

3) Katie Webber

4) George Huff

Leah and Jennifer were better singers than John and Katie, but I really didn't like their personalities.

Anyone who puts Elizabeth or Matthew through to the finals is an idiot.

Posted by Joyful on 03-10-04 at 08:41 PM
>Marque – What a loser. The
>friggin Al Gore of AI
>contestants. NO! I WANT A
>RECOUNT! Get off my screen.
>I feel sorry for Lisa,
>Eric, and Tiara for having
>to sit with you.
>
>Eric and Tiara – Would have
>taken you two and Lisa
>over Matthew, Elizabeth and Leah.

What happened??? I live in Hawaii and must of had an edited show because I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with Marque except when he said "you're kidding" when he was told he would not be singing. Did he cause some drama and I missed it?!?!
Keep out Leah and bring on JPL!!!!!

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-10-04 at 08:50 PM
that was basically it. he was just SOOOO incredulous that he, the Greatest Singer in the World in His Own Mind, was cut. it was clear that he was overly cocky and couldn't cope with the fact that he didn't even deserve to be among the 12 brought back, much less the 8 that sang

Posted by Joyful on 03-11-04 at 00:46 AM
Thanks HE,
I agree he came off as being full of himself when he said that especially in that way with that look on his face. Although truth be told I was SCREAMING that exact phrase when Paula picked Leah!!!

Is anyone going to start the "We No Longer Hate Simon But Hate Paula" club (otherwise known as "Leah Sucks!) or should I go ahead and do it?

Posted by Angelfood on 03-09-04 at 09:43 PM
yup that sums it up.
and we all know that George, susan and Jennifer Deserve it (compared to the rest).
Leah - horrible (thank you Simon!!!)

"My notes from tonight"
Posted by Breezy on 03-09-04 at 09:44 PM
Jon Peter-What’s with the shirts? Sounded like he was just talking not singing. I did like the energy at the end though.

Elizabeth- She’s nervous and you can hear it. Either the piano is too loud or they need to turn up her mike. I didn’t like it.

Katie- Flat. Last note was bad. She needed more energy, have Jon Peter show you some moves. Note to Katie, don’t run off the stage again. (boobs were a floppin, oh wait that may get her male votes never mind)

George- What did he say? I don’t think it was a good song choice for him., either that or he tried to do too much with it. Is his voice going to last the whole competition?

Susie- Nervous, I wanted to like it. Not sure if I did. She did uh, ok. Her eye makeup was awful.

Mathew- His voice isn’t strong enough, Randy was right. He should be killing this song, but he’s not. Please stop with the head movements too, please. He can smile at me all he wants though, gorgeous smile. Very nice smile.

Leah- Not bad I guess. I liked the song choice. Is she trying to be like Jasmine with the flower in her hair?

Jennifer- Great performance, I loved it. She has a nice voice.

So who goes forward? Jennifer, George, Susie and Matthew.

Posted by libgirl2 on 03-09-04 at 10:00 PM
>Boy, was this easy.
>
>George Huff, Leah Lebelle, Suzy Vulaca
>and Jennifer Hudson.
>One of them gets voted in,
>and the other 3 are
>judges' choices.
>I think they made that very
>clear.
>
I liked George, Suzy and Jennifer. Leah did not do it for me at all. I kept remembering when Trenyce sang this song and how much better she was! I did my voting for George and Jennifer since I am positive Suzy will get in (she has better!).

Posted by Femme on 03-09-04 at 10:30 PM
Should be Jon Peter (harhar), George, Suzy and Lisa, but since that isn't going to happen... I think it will be Jennifer, George, Suzy, and Elizabeth. Bleh.

Femme

"Shock me, shock me, shock me with your deviant behavior."

Posted by Bebo on 03-09-04 at 10:58 PM
*waves to Femme*

If I had my way, it would be Jennifer, Suzy, George, and Matthew. No, that's not a misprint, I'd give Matthew the #4 spot. Yes, he was weak, but none of the others impressed me. He at least had the decent sense to pick the right song and to look like he was enjoying himself up there.

What do I think will happen?
- I hope Jennifer wins the audience vote, because I believe Simon would then pick Suzy.
- Dawg is going to pick Leah (bleah!).
- Paula's going to let Dawg pick Leah so that she can pick Matthew.

Simon nailed it tonight - no one out of this group blew me away. Jennifer was definitely the best of the night, but her strange mouth movements made me wonder about her. I love her voice, but I don't know how it's going to handle some of the "themes" thrown at them (then again, she'll probably handle them better than Fantasia, so much for that argument). And at some point she's going to have to put away the microphone stand.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

"I'm with you, until..."
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-09-04 at 11:03 PM
Paula has to choose between George and Matthew.

I'm thinking she picks George.

If the audience does something weird (Jon Peter Jagger Tyler Presley), then Jennifer, Leah and Suzy probably move ahead on judge's picks.

"RE: I'm with you, until..."
Posted by Bebo on 03-09-04 at 11:07 PM
I agree with you that her choice is between George and Matthew. I just decided to put down the more disappointing choice, since it's Paula.

Posted by munson on 03-09-04 at 11:28 PM
This sure was easy.

For me, Jennifer, Suzy, George and Elizabeth in that order.

Leah is not good. No good. Bad. No. Naughty judges.

Jennifer gave me my first goose bumps of the season. Finally, someone to root for and she's a hoemtown girl as well!

Posted by 712 on 03-10-04 at 00:44 AM
How in god's name did Lisa get cut in favour of Katie and Elizabeth? That is just plain messed up. I'm not happy about this at all.

Pretty good group, nonetheless.

1) George - The beginning of his song wasn't all that great... he's got a deep voice, but I think he goes TOO low sometimes. When the song picked up, however, whole nother story. I lvoed it.

2) Suzy - So glad she got to perform, and she did an excellent job.

3) Jon Peter - Yes that's right. I love the fact that he just let loose and had fun with it. SCREW THIS, he seemed to say. I so hope he makes it. Hopes aren't high though.

4) Jennifer - Wasn't blown away. Sounded just like her other one to me.

5) Leah - I still don't see it. The music was drowning her out, which was probably a blessing in disguise, as it wasn't all that hot, IMO.

6) Matthew - Good god. Was that not the most revoltingly fake smile you've ever seen in your life? This guy sucks. He CAN'T make it, he just CAN'T. Probably will.

7) Elizabeth - Blah.

8) Katie - WTF?

I'm hoping for George, Suzy, Jon Peter, and I guess Jennifer.
Who do I think? Matthew, George, Suzy, Jennifer. Possibly Leah.

Posted by Mistral on 03-10-04 at 00:43 AM
Wow, not at all easy for me. Jennifer I liked the best, always have. But whoa, what was she wearing, and she was making some pretty funny faces while singing. Still, she's got a powerhouse voice and I like her personality.

Suzy I liked too. But everyone else was just not there for me.
George - again I thought he started out weak, but got better at the end. Katie and Matt were just okay. Jon Peter was almost embarrassing to watch, but I think he will prove to be popular. (B)leah - I just don't get why they like her so much. Simon has it right. Elizabeth - let's just not go there. I LOVE that song and cringed through the whole thing.

Who will America pick? JP, Jennifer or George.

Who will the judges pick? Randy will pick BLeah, Paula will pick George, or Matt if George is America's pick. Which will leave Simon with a tough pick between Suzy or Jennifer if one of them is not advanced by our voting. Kinda sucks that the only way I can see both Suzy and Jennifer making it is if one of them is voted in. Can't see Randy giving up his pet BLeah and Paula will most surely pick a guy.

Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-10-04 at 02:43 AM
I'm going to make a bold prediction - Matthew will be voted in by America! That's right, I said it!!

I think Matthew will get all of the teen vote that he split with Diana the first week, and Jennifer, George and Susie will split the rest of the votes. John Peter will get some votes but I think he doesn't have a real fan base.

If I am wrong it is because it is really late at night and I just watched the tape.

I didn't have a clear favorite. I liked John Peter and Susie, but I was not really excited by either. I love George's voice, but he really needs more control. I love George's personality and would be happy to see him move on just so I could see his happy face each week.

Posted by LilNik8 on 03-10-04 at 03:10 AM
My favorite was George and I voted for him repeatedly tonight. I think he's good. I was really skeptical about that song choice but he really made it sound good. And ya know what...he seems like the only one that is TRULY excited about all this and TRULY wants this. They can all sing (well...uh...most of the time i guess when we don't see or else they wouldn't have made it here) but nobody really seems like they are having the best time of their life and so thankful for this opportunity like George is. He's quickly becoming my favorite. I don't think he'll win it all (my bet is on Latoya) but I think he'll go far because he's very likable.

In a perfect world, the four would be: George, Suzy, Jennifer, and Jon Peter.

Yet for some reason I can see Leah or Matt slipping in their for either Suzy, Jon or both. I think Leah is crap on teal pumps <gag> and Matt's singing should be outlawed in all 50 states. Yet Paula is in love with Matt and Randy (if he tries to act ghetto and ethnic one more time, i think im going to barf all over the screen. Im black and we do not all talk like that 24/7 and I wish he would take "dawg" "yo man" etc out of his vocabulary for all eternity--sorry about my vent ) likes Leah.

~PhoenixMons is God Thank you so much!~

Posted by pmspml5 on 03-10-04 at 07:27 AM
Well I do think America will vote in Matthew - unfortunatly. Judges picks - I think will be:

Randy: Leah/Jennifer
Paula: George/John
Simon: Suzie

Posted by smiley on 03-10-04 at 07:53 AM
Lisa and Eric were robbed last night. I thought of of them deserved to be in the wild card show instead of Elizabeth, Katie and Matt.

Jennifer was the best last night but what is up with her facial expressions???? urgh.

Suzy also rocked last night and I hope she makes it through.

I think George was the best guy last night so I think he has a really good chance of getting in.

Matt you are cute but you didn't do that song justice.

Leah was horrid but they will put her through because they like her so much. I don't get it.

The rest of them were as Simon says "Unforgetable"

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Posted by ElroyJetson on 03-10-04 at 09:45 AM
The rest of them were as Simon says "Unforgetable"

I think you mean forgettable

Posted by smiley on 03-10-04 at 05:06 PM
OMH yes thats what I meant LOL

*Proud Member of the RR/RW Old Fart Club*

Posted by true on 03-10-04 at 09:01 AM
I was underwhelmed by this whole group. I'd say George was the best of the night, he was the only one who got my toe tappin. It wouldn't surprise me in the least to see at least one of the judges choices come from the group that was cut. Yep, I think they'll pick one of Lisa or Eric, maybe both.

Posted by Bebo on 03-10-04 at 09:22 AM
I wouldn't mind that at all - I was disappointed when both of them got cut.

"That would surprise me"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-10-04 at 09:37 AM
I think a week of watching them rehearse gave the judges a clear eye. By picking the eight to sing on the wildcard show, I think they telegraphed that Eric, Lisa, Marque and um, yeah, the other one, were worse than the folks we saw on stage. That must have been pretty bad.

Of course, one judge may have one favorite that the other two don't see at al, and that person might catapult to the finals. Sort of a Carmen Rasmussen. But I don't see Eric, Lisa etc being those choices when each judge has shown obvious favoritism to others that did sing.

"RE: That would surprise me"
Posted by true on 03-10-04 at 09:54 AM
I think it was in the way they phrased the rejections that got me thinking one of them may come back. Instead of saying "You're out (finished, eliminated, etc..)" they said "You won't be singing tonight." Seems to me that if any of the judges were SURE they wanted any of them in the finals, that they would give the others a final audition opportunity. That, and I can't believe that they really thought some of the ones who sang last night were more talented than the cut performers. Why on earth would Randy say that Lisa had potentially the best voice of the competition, and then cut her? Why allow someone like Matt or John Peter to continue when they express huge doubts?

Simon's comment about "raised brows" when the finalists are announced, also leads me to believe that he may pick from outside the singing group from last night. Given the weak performances of that group, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

"Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?"
Posted by Mistral on 03-10-04 at 10:26 AM
Hmmm....interesting!

I could see this happening if either Jennifer/Suzy got in as the wildcard and someone else advanced the other. This would, essentially, leave Simon with no one he would advance. Paula could advance anyone, she's pretty indiscriminate. Randy has several he'd probably be comfortable advancing (but it would shock me if it were anyone other than Miss Eastern European Soul Princess). And I could see Simon throwing everyone for a loop and pulling in someone out of the blue.

But as I recall, he went on too much about Lisa's weight for me to think he'd advance her. Even though I agree that she was much better than most of those we saw last night. Are there any rules stating the judges' advances have to come from that pool?

"Judge's picks"
Posted by ElroyJetson on 03-10-04 at 10:54 AM
Do you think the judge's actually choose who they individually prefer or do they get together and discuss it? They must discuss it to some extent to they both don't choose the same person. I say bring back Army Girl!

"RE: Judge's picks"
Posted by MTW1961 on 03-10-04 at 11:30 AM
I'm with you, Elroy. BRING BACK ARMY GIRL!

My picks:

Army Girl
Lisa
Suzy
Jennifer

"RE: Who would Simon pick if his only choices were already in?"
Posted by TeamJoisey on 03-10-04 at 01:31 PM

OK, True, you have me thinking it over again.

I still believe that Jennifer or George will win the vote. And the judges know who wins the vote, and discuss their own selections to avoid doubling up on one person. In fact, as I write this around 1:30, all the choices have probably been made.

If Jennifer has won, Paula will select George.
Suzy will not win the vote, and Simon will choose her.
bLeah will not win the vote, and Randy will choose her.
That's the four I started with at the top of the thread.

Now if George has won the vote, one of the judges, presumably Simon, will select Jennifer. Paula might then pick Matthew.
Randy will choose between bLeah and Suzy, and probably pick bLeah.
That's a four of George, Matthew, Jennifer and bLeah.

Basically, I think Simon will insure that Jennifer gets to the finals.
If she loses the vote, she is his selection.
If she wins the vote, he gets another choice, probably Suzy.

Paula will pick either George, Matthew or maybe bLeah.
Randy will pick Suzy or bLeah.

I just don't see how any of the others crack this lineup.

These reality show contestants need a reality check!

Posted by ElroyJetson on 03-10-04 at 01:51 PM
I wonder if the judges look at how all the other contestants placed in the night's phone voting? If contestant x got a minimum number of votes (like bLeah), would they still want to put them in the top 12 even though the viewers obviously dislike her? Given their egos, I think they would put them in anyway.

Posted by true on 03-10-04 at 04:03 PM
hehehe TJ! Made ya think!

I think your scenarios make sense, I just wasn't really impressed with any of the choices, and it didn't seem like Simon was either. I just wouldn't put it past him to choose outside of the group. The comments made by the judges in the past, in favor of Eric and Lisa in particular, make me wonder why they got eliminated rather than some of the ones they clearly didn't think had a chance to win.

"Judge's picks"
Posted by angelworth29 on 03-10-04 at 01:29 PM
I think that the judge's picks were three of the ones who didn't sing last night. There is no way that they thought Lisa was worse than the ones that sang. Notice they didn't say "this competition is over for you" or anything of that nature. They simply told them they wouldn't be singing tonight. You know they always like to "surprise" us with their choices.

"RE: Judge's picks"
Posted by Chrissy gal on 03-10-04 at 06:04 PM
I noticed that same thing angelworth! I thought that the judges had already chosen three of the people who did not sing last night - Lisa, Eric and Tiara, so they didn't need to sing to try to get voted in by the public.

Why would Randy say that Lisa had a better voice than the other singers? Why would Paula say that Tiara was one of the two best singers in the competition? Why would Simon say that Eric sings like Clay? IF they were not good enough for the competition?

So, here is my revised prediction:
Matthew
Lisa
Eric
Tiara

Of course if I am wrong it's because I watched the show on tape late last night.

Posted by Monicanada on 03-10-04 at 09:33 AM
I think the viewers will vote in Jennifer Hudson.
Randy will pick George.
Paula will pick Matt.
Simon will pick Suzy.

Created by the amazing J Slice!
RMMW!

Posted by ElroyJetson on 03-10-04 at 09:34 AM
My guess:

America Picks: George Huff

Judges Pick: Suzy, Jennifer, Jon Peter

George Huff - He came in 3rd last week so someone likes him!
Suzy and Jennifer - Both excellent voices and good for the top 12
Jon Peter - Quirky and fun. And they need another male.

Katie - Something missing but not too hard on the eyes!
Elizabeth - Not good enough.
Leah - Yuk. Get off yourself. Go back to Moscow.
Matthew - I hate his (fake) smile. He looks like the grill on a 55 Chevy (complete with bugs in it). And your voice is weak. Get off yourself.

"Leah"
Posted by buckeyegirl on 03-10-04 at 09:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-04 AT 10:58 AM (EST)

I just don't get why the Randy and Paula lvoe her so much. I thought she was horrible, almost as bad as Katie Weber. I think that Jennifer will be the public's choice. George is definetly in..not so sure about Suzy though. I didn't think she did that great of a job either. It's a sad day when I spent the night agreeing with Simon.

A Kyngsladye Original. RMMW!

"RE: Leah"
Posted by dangerkitty on 03-10-04 at 11:57 AM
I'll jump on the "Leah - WTF??" bandwagon. Randy and Paula are so obviously pushing her, and why? What has she got that makes them so adamant? And while I'm at it, they need to stop jumping all over Simon when he makes comments that contradict theirs. He gets to have his opinion, too - even though he is so harsh at times, you don't see him interrupting the other two when they voice their comments. (Granted, he knows he gets the last word - but not even that so much, now that they start talking over him - Paula has actually gotten the last word several times. And how about her "I'm trying to save this girl's future" remark? Oh, please!)

Anyway, back to Leah. Love the (B)leah nickname, btw! Simon was right on with his comments, thank goodness he added a dose of sanity to the campaign. And can we talk about the outfit? They ran up and down Jennifer for her attire (and rightfully so) - but what about Leah's god-awful costume? Ugh ugh ugh. And take the flower out of your hair - is that a blatant attempt to capitalize on the Jasmine thing - since Simon said that she will get votes because she's a cute girl with a flower in her hair? Gag me.

dangerkitty

Posted by nailbone on 03-10-04 at 12:24 PM
I bet they can't bag on Leah's outfit cuz it was one that was selected by the wardrobe guy. But they can dig Jennifer cuz her's is one that she brought herself.

But after seeing Leah, Jon Peter, Lisa and others, I'd FIRE THE WARDROBE GUY!!!

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Posted by Oscirus on 03-10-04 at 02:29 PM
Maybe they are just trying to help Leah out since she got robbed during group 3.

Congragulations to the apprentice Mr Kwame Jackson

Posted by I_AM_HE on 03-10-04 at 07:02 PM
robbed? she sucked as much then as she did last night. Amy and Latoya were not only head and shoulders above EVERYONE else in that group, but everyone else in ALL FOUR groups. America took the judges' undeserved pimping of BLeah and shoved it back down their throats. Group 3 voting is the only one America got RIGHT.

- RMMNW!!!

Posted by managerr on 03-10-04 at 11:07 AM
George, Jennifer, and John are leading like every single poll now, so I'm pretty sure one of them will advance. George is out in front right now, so we'll see.

It's clear why none of them made the Top 12 to begin with. I thought the show was pretty bad, everyone couldn't sing or didn't have the "it" factor. I was not moved to vote for anyone.

With a 90 minute show, we could have just had the other 4 sing instead of parade them around like a beauty pageant. Marque's meltdown was kinda funny though. Did he end up not sitting with other 3 in the crowd? I didn't see him.

I am dreading one of the judges picking awful Leah. Don't know why they like her so much.

Posted by MTW1961 on 03-10-04 at 11:23 AM
Hmmm,

My favorite last night was Suzy, with Jennifer a close second. I think those two are a lock. After that, they all seemed pretty much the same to me, except I really didn't like Jon Peter.

George - Like the attitude and personality, but just can't stand the voice. I hope he's not selected.

Kate - loved her the first time, but this performance was weak. I hope she gets through, and I'm one of the millions of guy votes she's going to get based on her looks alone.

Elizabeth - actually didn't think she sounded bad. She and Katie look a lot alike. They may actually SPLIT the guy vote!

Leah - started out terribly, but ended pretty strong. I actually think she was okay last night, best we've seen out of her. Don't like her though. She'll be a judges pick.

Matthew - doesn't have a singing voice. My wife thinks he's really cute though. Hope we're done with him.

So, if I have to pick four, I choose Suzy, Jennifer, Kate, and (why not) George.

Posted by johnthemod on 03-10-04 at 12:31 PM
1. Jon Peter Lewis - I've gotta think about who I want to see week after week, and this guy is fun. Also they need more guys in that final 12

2. Matthew Metzger - yep, I'm letting looks and personality influence me. He wasn't the strongest, but he has potential and I for one love his smile, and his nose.

3. Suzy Vulaca - really nice performance, probably the best of the night, definitely a judges' pick

4. Jennifer Hudson - another definite judge's pick, though she could win America's vote, however the facial expressions and the dress were too much for me to get over, that last note looked like something inside her just exploded

5. George Huff - I also think he'll get in, based on the need for guys. He was okay, but he reminds me too much of Ricky Smith. However, I like him better.

6. Leah LaBelle - I like her, but her performance was kind of subpar, especially thinking back to Trenyce's awesome wildcard performance of that song last year. She might get through.

The next two have no chance.

7. Katie Webber - she was all right, sounded good, but I don't see her getting through. Not enough there, and I for one don't like Jessica Simpson.

8. Elizabeth LeTendre - she reminds me of my friend Jessica. And I thought it was the most blah performance of the night. She didn't crack the top 4 her week, she won't now.

Hoping for: Matthew, Jon Peter, Suzy, and Jennifer
Prediction: America: Jon Peter (or Matt or Jennifer)
Randy: Leah (or George or Jennifer)
Paula: George (or Matt or Leah or Jennifer)
Simon: Suzy (or Jennifer)
(just covering my bases)
Top 4: Jennifer, George, Suzy and Jon Peter

Posted by GuessItRains on 03-10-04 at 01:21 PM
Nobody really wowed me. The only three I really hope get through are Suzy (my favorite of the group), Jennifer (based on voice alone), and George (don't think his voice will hold out, but he seems like the nicest one of the crew).

I hope whichever one (or 2) of the other 5 makes it through doesn't last long. Personally, I'd prefer it be either Katie or Matthew to give the viewers some eye candy.

Elizabeth was weak. Jon Peter was just weird. And like everybody else on this board I have absolutely no idea what Randy and Paula see in Leah. Her singing is so-so, she's not at all attractive, and she hasn't shown me any personality.

My choice: Suzy, Jennifer, George, Matthew

My predictions
America's Choice: George
Randy's Choice: Leah
Paula's Choice: Jennifer
Simon's Choice: Suzy

Posted by DoodleBug on 03-10-04 at 02:10 PM
Lisa WAS robbed!! It should have been Lisa up there instead of Leah..... When I heard she wasn't singing, I was ticked. Kind of ruined the rest of the show for me.

My picks.... George and Suzy, for sure. I do not like Jennifer. I don't know what it is, but I don't like her voice. She just doesn't do it for me. Leah sucks. Can't stand her. I thought she was horrible. Talk about a fashion crisis!! Jennifer looked decent compared to her outfits (yuck).

Matthew is a darn cutie. I would like to see him every week so he can smile at me. His voice isn't that great, but boy does he look good. Maybe with a little more training and confidence (yes, he needs some of that), he'll get better.

I liked John Peter too. I thought he was cute as heck, very energetic, unique sounding voice. He would make the competition fun to watch. Probably wouldn't go very far, but he's fun.

The others.... well, they didn't impress me one bit. I can't even remember their names.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice
NOT impressed with the wild cards.

Posted by geg6 on 03-10-04 at 04:11 PM
DoodleBug, finally someone after my own heart! *hugs!*

Lisa was the only one of the entire bunch that I would have picked and she didn't even get to sing? What.Is.Up.With.That?

For my top four of the ones we DID get to hear:
George - great personality, good entertainer
Suzy - can't even remember her before this, but she was pretty good last night. Must have taken some of the criticisms to heart and changed up. Good job. Agree with Randy that the hair pulled up or back is a much better look.
Matthew - pleeeeaaaasssseeee, give me something to look at! And I think he could use a dose of confidence, which would improve his singing a lot. He's cute, nuff said.
Jon Peter - completely threw caution to the wind last night. You have to admire the courage. He's interesting in a way that none of the rest are.

The rest were absolutely horrible. That Jennifer that they were all so high on made me want to run and worship the porcelain god. A total screamer with horrible taste. Ugh! Those two who looked alike (I think one was named Katie but can't remember the other) were just boring and sounded karaoke to me. Leah should be sent back to Eastern Europe so she can be a huge star like her mom in Bulgaria or wherever and where outfits like she wore might actually be taken for high fashion.

I'm just not sold on any finalists, unlike I was last year when Kim Locke and Clay had me from hello. The only thing I am firm about is that Fantasia cannot be allowed to win this. Hate her, hate her, hate her.

Posted by MadFashion on 03-11-04 at 12:02 PM
Hi all! I've been lurking since Paradise Hotel, but had to post with a thought. Is it possible the judges left out Lisa, Tiera and the others(don't remember names)so that they wouldn't pull votes from their(the judges)favorites? That would explain Lisa being left out.

Posted by nailbone on 03-10-04 at 02:18 PM
I liked Jon Peter. His voice is very unique, and he has fun!
Definitely NOT a cookie cutter choice.

And Matthew better make it through or I'm gonna have to listen to DW whine the rest of the way!

OT Studmuffin of the Year '03, Prince of Passion, Royal Liaison to Illicit Activities, and SB Video Historian o-
Cool new sig courtesy of Jslice

Posted by Oscirus on 03-10-04 at 02:22 PM
I'll agree with the consensus but I think the fans might vote pretty boy Matthew in. Dont no who that will effect

Posted by periwinkle on 03-10-04 at 02:35 PM
i'm new to the board, but i'm glad to see my favorite "pen salesman" getting at least a little love around here and (reportedly) on some online polls as well. i'll admit to voting for jon peter several times last night myself. (and i did get quite a few busy signals, by the way.) i do think he has a little something-something that i can't put my finger on, so i'd like to see him move on. i also think that george has that "x factor"--people do like him and really seem to want him to do well, so i think simon hit the nail on the head with his comments last night.

i would really like to see more guys in the finals, so i would love to have jon peter, george and matt continue on. (i do think matt has enough charisma and potential talent to do well if he can improve his consistency. and personally i found his smile to be charming rather than fake.)

of all of the girls in the original 12 wild card group, i really only liked lisa and feel that she was robbed last night when not given the opportunity to sing again. so if there's no way she can be called back, i'd go for the obvious--either jennifer or suzy. both have serious singing talent, but i think only jennifer has enough spunk to forge ahead successfully.

so my "fantasy" lineup would be: jon peter, jennifer, george and matt. the reality? guess we'll just have to wait and see.

"Suzy, Jon Peter, George"
Posted by Joyful on 03-10-04 at 02:46 PM
Those are the three I really hope move on. I think the audience vote is between these three. I don't care how it happens I just really want see these three on the show in the future.

I think Simon will pick Suzy. He seemed to make it clear last night he thought she was the best.

I'm sure Paula will pick Leah which does not make me happy because I don't see anything special or different about her. I hope she wises up and picks Jennifer instead. Jennifer will be fun to watch. (When she's not crying of course)

I see Randy picking George. I think he was really happy with George's performance. He was more excited about his performance then any of the others.

I really hope Jon Peter moves on. But I think his only chance will be with the audience vote. I can't see any of the judges picking him even if any of the above mentioned win the audience vote. He will bring hopefully some entertainment to the show as quite frankly it gets kind of tedious after awhile. We need people to shake things up a bit and dare to be different. Given the right stylists he could be the next Clay. (I'm talking style and female fan base, not vocals).

Posted by Schnookie Palookie on 03-10-04 at 04:53 PM

Please, please, please, don't let it be Jon Peter! I couldn't bare watching him again.

"NO?"
Posted by Breezy on 03-10-04 at 04:59 PM
Was it the shirts?

Posted by niteowl on 03-12-04 at 01:34 AM
he was so busy having seizures all over the stage and making dumb faces that he forgot to sing! iliked him better when he was doing elton john impression.

Posted by BennyBoy on 03-10-04 at 04:55 PM
Iam sorry guys, but I was so enraged when they "didn't let Lisa sing tonight" I mean WTF? They say she has potentially the best voice in the competition, yet don't let her sing? If it's the "image" thing, then thats horrible, thats why I liked K-LO so much, not the most attractive, but a darn good voice!..okay rant over

Who I liked: Nobody. They didn't really do "it" for me. But I suppose that I would like Jennifer to get through, just so I can laugh when she makes those silly faces when she sings, I think if Simon saw those, he wouldn't like her as much

Suzy: Yeah she's ok

I really didn't like anybody else at all

My picks:
Jennifer
Suzy
Leah
George

Posted by leogirl_21 on 03-11-04 at 09:18 AM
I really liked Jon Peter Lewis' performance of Elvis from the Las Vegas theme song. It was cool!