URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 518
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"

Posted by ssshaw on 07-29-04 at 09:24 AM
I'm back. Since I'm back, we can get back to ridiculing these people for their idiotic mistakes. Oh, goody.

This was tough week to come up with mistakes, because CBS has to confuse me with all of this airport crap. I think I have figured it out though, so here are the choices:

1. Colin/Christie ditch teams at the bus stationto get on a express bus instead of a local bus. They buy tickets for themselves, the Christians, the black couple, and The Pizza Boys. This act angers teams that had been waiting there for a while.

2. At the airport, Charla/Mirna buy a standby ticket and don't seem to bother looking for another flight option. When they don't get on the flight, they have to scramble and find another one.

3. Bob/Joyce buy tickets for a flight but don't check to see that it's business class. Since Amazing Racers aren't allowed to fly business class, they have to get on a different flight.

4. After the business class fiasco, Bob/Joyce get on a flight to St. Petersburg via Madrid and Frankfurt, which now puts them behind the Twins and the BMs. They are the last team to the pit stop and are eliminated.

5. Nicole does the caviar roadblock but has a lot of trouble getting it down. Brandon and her are passed by the three teams behind them.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: TAR5 Not So Move of the Week: Episode 4"
Posted by Cleveland Guy on 07-29-04 at 09:29 AM
It's a tie between #2 and #3.

The key to this leg was the flight to St. Pete. Both teams screwed it up, and screwed it up BADLY - one just got luckier than the others to stay alive.

Posted by Draco Malfoy on 07-29-04 at 09:48 AM
I'd think you'd give it to Chip and Kim actually, who, according to the Insider have blown all their money.

"#3"
Posted by dizmara on 07-29-04 at 10:21 AM
Between that and #4, it completely led to them being eliminated.

Posted by StarryLuna on 07-29-04 at 10:24 AM
3/4

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

"Gotta be #3"
Posted by realitybites on 07-29-04 at 10:38 AM
Considering it led to #4 and all. Honorable mention to #5.

"This is realitybites and I approved this post."

Posted by memacmur on 07-29-04 at 02:15 PM
Yay. One of favorite bashing methods is back!

While the 'caviar convulsions' deserve an honorable mention, the biggest Not So Move had to be #3.

I've heard all kinds of suggestions that much of what they say to ticket counters is specified (they ask for two tickets when they actually have to get tickets for their 'crew' too if I'm not mistaken), but surely it would make sense to say you need coach tickets right up front?

If you fail to mention that and then stress the importance of leaving ASAP, no wonder airlines are offering business class tickets that may be available.

Silly people.

MEmacmur

Posted by Steen on 07-29-04 at 02:41 PM
3/4, because they got eliminated, but a mention to 5 because its one of those mind-over-matter things (unless she was allergic)

Awesome J Slice Creation 2003

"#3"
Posted by AMAI on 07-29-04 at 03:06 PM
Has to be #3 - while the other mistakes could bode ill for those teams down the road, Bob & Joyce's failure to specify economy in the first place, in addition to double-checking their tickets, cost them the race.

"3"
Posted by strid333 on 07-29-04 at 05:01 PM
Meh.

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by HobbsofMI on 07-29-04 at 06:49 PM
I will also say 3 because it looked like Charla/Mirna bought their tickets even later and some how got on the connecting flight with the top teams.

My name is Hobbs of MI and I approve this message!

"3"
Posted by MattyMax on 07-30-04 at 00:57 AM
Number 3, no question. It's getting lame how the past two teams were eliminated because of stupid mistakes at airports.

Although an honorable mention to Charla and Mirna for picking hockey over vodka. Seriously, the detours offer one easy thing and one hard thing. Do the easy thing! This cost them the slight lead they gained over other teams. They had agreed to vodka, then in the cab Mirna mentions her first impression was to do vodka, and charla changes her mind to please her cousin's past whims. Had they gone to vodka, they would have easily passed nicole and Christy early in the caviar eating.

I'd say that Brandon and Nicole were also dumb in chosing hockey, but you can't be mad at them if they did it for noble reasons - religion. And Nicole sucked at the caviar challenge anyway, so those 10 minutes didn't really matter.

Also to us spoilers who were all looking at Chip and kim or the doughboys to go this week. Of course the fat teams would do well this week!

MM

Posted by Horatio on 07-30-04 at 01:13 AM
How about Colin's bonehead decision to let Christie eat the caviar? They could've been in 1st place with tons of time to spare had he done it.

----------------------------

Posted by ssshaw on 07-30-04 at 09:52 AM
LAST EDITED ON 07-30-04 AT 09:53 AM (EST)

I thought about including people doing the hockey detour, but it really didn't cost the teams a lot of time. Of the three teams that did it, Brandon/Nicole were far enough ahead that it wouldn't hurt them too much, and Bob/Joyce were way behind that there was no chance for them. Charla/Mirna were the only team that fell behind, but they made it up because Nicole sucked royally at the roadblock.

As far as other teams not doing well with the caviar, I decided to go with the one that was most hurtful, and that was Brandon/Nicole.

Posted by ssshaw on 08-01-04 at 07:34 PM
I will post the results Tuesday morning so get your votes in.

"Numero Tres"
Posted by dajaki on 08-02-04 at 10:09 PM
Gotta go w/ #3 since it led to #4 and elimination. Every season, a team makes this mistake. Question: If only business class is available, can the team ask for the free upgrade - essentially buying a business class seat for a coach price. The worst an airline can say is "No."