URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5173
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Reunion show apologies"

Posted by byoffer on 05-16-12 at 04:43 PM
This year we had two people who apologized to America during the reunion show for their actions during the season. These were Colton for his bigotry (although maybe his mom made the real apology) and Alicia for offensively referring to her fellow castaways as being as dumb as her special needs students.

That got me wondering which other Survivors over the many seasons have apologized in such a way. I guess there might also be apologies to other survivors.

Which apologies can you recall??

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Reunion show apologies"
Posted by michel on 05-16-12 at 10:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-16-12 AT 11:00 PM (EST)

The ones that come to mind weren't from the reunion but from FTC: First, there was Chris. He set up Twila before TC saying he wouldn't take crap from anyone and she agreed to do so then he apologized to Julie and Eliza like you wouldn't believe it:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=youtube+vanuatu+chris+apologizes+to+eliza&view=detail&mid=B37BFD99AFF5473DE87DB37BFD99AFF5473DE87D&first=0&qpvt=youtube+vanuatu+chris+apologizes+to+eliza

And then there was this one, a classic:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J30ji6SSA6s

That: "A little too late" is awesome!

Posted by iltarion on 05-16-12 at 11:34 PM

Nice memory, michel.

This is one of the first examples of the idiocy of the blindside. Like I've been saying, there are so many lies that don't need to be told. What was Helen going to do if Brian told her the truth? Get Jan to force a tie? Get real.

Clay's response is the most memorable though. "There is no way in the world I'm going to satisfy you. So why try?"

Hahaha... classic.

2nd most pathetic, hypocritical and bitter jury ever. Only All-Stars tops.

>

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 08-27-12 at 09:01 PM
Clay's response is the most memorable though. "There is no way in the world I'm going to satisfy you. So why try?"

Katie in Palau did the same thing to a question Janu asked - it worked about as well in that case.

Posted by iltarion on 05-16-12 at 11:01 PM

Apologies between Survivors has happened a couple of times.

I believe B-Rob apologized to Tom at the end of All-Stars. I also believe Stephanie tried to apologize to Judd.

Apologies to America have been rare. Usually villains don't want to spoil their infamy.

>

Posted by Aruba on 05-17-12 at 10:18 PM
If I may, I'd like to rephrase the question to read how many players made truly sincere apologies and did not do so because they were riding a guilt trip or were done as a meager attempt for self-preservation?

OK, all together now...can we say.........ZERO!!!

It's one thing to want to take something back when blurted out in a fit of anger during the heat of an argument. It's quite another to offer an "apology" for a "prepared" statement. When a castaway is sequestered to an isolated location to conduct a confessional, there's ample time to reflect on exactly what will be said (confessed.) Call me cold and calloused, but based on that fact, there's NO way I accept any apology for what was said in a confessional, FTC, or anywhere a player had enough time to prepare a thought-invoked derrogatory statement.

In addition to Rob M's apology to Big Tom for his inexcusable disparaging remark about his son Bo, I recall Sue Hawk and Kelly W. shaking hands on their reunion show to "make peace" for Sue's "rats and snakes" FTC speech.

Another that comes to mind is Ted & Ghandia (each with spouses back at home) expressing remorse on the Thailand Reunion show for getting too "cozy" while sleeping together at night.

I'm sure there's many other examples, but I never gave it much consideration because I think it's all a bunch of donkey's dust.

Posted by krismiss2us on 09-20-12 at 09:52 PM
how do you people remember all this stuff?

"Ditto"
Posted by suzzee on 09-22-12 at 07:54 PM
scary aren't they.....