URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 516
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Disagree with the caviar"

Posted by Redemption on 07-28-04 at 11:15 PM
I think the caviar contest was a bit much. I don't know anything about caviar but it seemed that eating that much caviar makes you sick, even if you finish it. CBS, this is not fear factor and the teams getting sick is the last thing the show needs.

Some classic monents for the episode:

1. Mirna butting in on Colin. Colin, grow some balls. Why does everbody just let the circus freak and Charla get away with things?

2. Charla and Mirna not actually booking any confirmed flights and still getting on the plane. They are lucky but luck will run out.

3. Brandons committment to God is applaudable but stupid. Ever heard of the last supper? Quite sure it wasn't pepsi they were drinking.

4. Sorry but the grandparents. How dumb are you? After the Jim
and Marsha incident you don't check your tickets? Sorry no sympathy after 3 legs of the race. Also, could the airline not bump some passenger up to business? It seemed they did not try ver hard. Especially at that late stage? And yes, we kid of get it you found each ohter and love each other. 1, 2 but thank go no more.

5. I am sorry, but Charla looked ridiculous in the hockey outfit. Rmeinded me of the monkey in the kids disney movie dressed up. But smart not to do the vodka shot because the littl e one probably would not be able to hold the sowrd with her gimpy hands. (a fact, not an insult)

6. Why are the guys letting the chicks do the hard tasks? Eating caviar is not easy.

7. I wonder how many midnight porcelain bowl trips all the caviar eating contestants made during the pit stop?

8. Are the races getting easier?A lot of travelling but onle 1 real hard challenge. Nothing physcial aprt from the stomach.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Disagree with the caviar"
Posted by Violet Nyte on 07-29-04 at 02:03 AM
The trick to eating caviar is drinking liquid. Notice all the teams that did it quickly (Chip, Bowling Mom1, Charla, etc) drank from their water glass after each spoonful. As was mentioned in another thread, caviar is so salty that you need to replenish your water supply!
Also, I consider myself an expert at eating food that you really, really don't want to! Water is a miracle, it bogs down just about any flavor (especially caviar!) and lets you stomache just about anything, if you can stand the initial taste bud reaction.
That said, I've never eaten 2lbs of the stuff, but caviar really isn't that bad, as long as you have something to help you. Like toast points.
Or water.

The girls were stupid for not drinking the water. I remember Colin kept trying to get Christie to drink water/juice. At one point, he suggested mixing them and just chugging the caviar.

Even though I don't like him, kudos to Chip.

Posted by Cleveland Guy on 07-29-04 at 09:36 AM
In defesne to why did the girls do this task?

The teams had no idea what it was. The clue was "enjoys the good life" - very nondescript, even for Russia.

CBS also got smart and moved the clue outside the room so you couldn't see what the other teams were doing before you made your decision. Kudos to CBS for this!

Posted by Mistral on 07-29-04 at 10:45 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but don't they have to pick who is going to perform the roadblock before they find out what it entails? That would make sense why the models/beauty queens would do something with "the good life."

As an aside, what do you want to bet Mirna makes Charla do all the roadblocks? That certainly seems to be the trend, except for the first one chasing the cows, which Mirna reluctantly agreed to do only after it was obvious that Charla couldn't.

Posted by AMAI on 07-29-04 at 03:09 PM
I don't agree - I think Mirna & Schmirna will try to discern from the clue whether it's something the little one can handle.

Posted by dabo on 08-01-04 at 03:47 AM
Gotta give Charla credit where credit is due, she went ahead with the hockey stunt even though she was woefully outclassed (and I think the shooters took pity on her, actually), and then she sucked it up and got her way through the caviar. That was about $1,500 worth of fish eggs, probably the most expensive meal she's ever had, and she should be proud she got it all down.

ARRRRRRR!!!!

Posted by Cleveland Guy on 08-02-04 at 08:45 AM
Charla might try to figure it out.

Mirna just suggest Charla do them all - like the running with the bulls one.

Posted by cyclehausen on 08-07-04 at 07:13 PM
Charla needs to do as many Roadblocks as possible to proe that she is as capable as anybody else. Mirna pretends to be inept to allow this. Kudos to Charla!

"I am an unlimited person, sadly living in a limited world."-Harlan Ellison

"Caviar dreams!!!"
Posted by arturbars on 08-04-04 at 10:19 AM
I don't know - I love caviar and i think i would have flow through that road block just like Chip did, but i would have enjoyed it while i was at it. But then again, i am a big guy like Chip, and i think that is an advantage in this sort of challange as opposed to the tiny little models... those poor girls will have the caviar dreams (actually nightmares) for a long time....

Posted by GymCoach on 08-04-04 at 05:46 PM
In answer to number 4, I don't think the contestants are allowed to fly business class. Didn't one of the teams (maybe Bob and Joyce) get business class without knowing at first then had to change them? I think that's when one of them said that it's a rule that they're not allowed. Could be wrong, but I thought that's what I heard.

Posted by love2smile on 08-06-04 at 01:58 PM
I think she was trying to point out that why didn't the teams ask OTHER passengers (the ones not in the race) if they would be willing to move up to business class so that they could have their coach seats.