URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5157
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Final"

Posted by Hicksi on 05-02-04 at 09:17 PM
Local TV in Australia is advertising that they're running the series final of Survivor next Saturday.

We get your Thursday episode aired here the following Tuesday, but they're saying that they'll also be airing the final Saturday.

Now, Australia's a few hours ahead, so it's Friday Afternoon when you see the Thursday night episodes...

BUT, is Survivor finishing this Thursday in USofA? Seems a bit soon to me.
Or have our TV Execs gotten muddled?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Final"
Posted by mrpink on 05-02-04 at 09:47 PM
I checked the tv guide and the summary for the Saturday night episode says,

" The original field of 18 All-Stars continues to narrow as the promise of $1 million edges closer. Who will be the 14th contestant voted off Survivor All-Stars?"

So this obviously isn't the final. We'll probably get to see the final early next week - a few days after usa sees it.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-02-04 at 09:52 PM
I just added a thread reporting the actual dates for All-Stars' finale week.

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID4/2496.shtml.

As it stands, you Aussies should be seeing the finale 6 days after us.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

Posted by nattynats on 05-02-04 at 09:58 PM
On Saturday night, we'll get the second last episode, and the finale on Monday.

So we are in for a big Survivor week - Tuesday (normal ep) wher Shii goes bye-bye, then Saturday we'll see who goes from F5 to F4, with the Monday (or so I've been led to believe) the finale and reunion eps.....

Bring it on!!!!

Posted by Hicksi on 05-02-04 at 10:10 PM
Sorry all. Looks like it's only an hour on Saturday, Australian time.

SO, by Tuesday afternoon (our time) it'll be over. which probably means that we get the whole 3 hours next tuesday night.

Posted by tribephyl on 05-03-04 at 02:59 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-03-04 AT 03:00 AM (EST)

Actually, or moreso ... Usually the only reason the show is 2 hours is because of the after-show get together.

The last episode is 1 hour long then after they name the winner we get 1 more hour of a "sit-n-chat".
Hosted by JP, it can be fun.
(Specially if he's dissapointed in the season. Like we all are.)
In OZ, you may not get the "whole" finale.
Just the final episode.

You'll know the winner, but you probably won't hear about the engagement.
That's all.
No Biggie

At least this gives more credence to the hour-long timeslot.

But you can call me tribe. S7ABCABP Winner
"I just had to get those guys comfortable riding the big banana. And they did." King Dicque(RIP)

Posted by geg6 on 05-03-04 at 09:52 AM
Actually, I'm positive that the finale episode is a 2 hour episode with the live 1 hour reunion show providing a third hour of DAW-ness for our A$$es. I know this because I always throw a big party at my house for the finale and since it's aired on a Sunday night, I'm the only one who gets to see the reunion because my friends and co-workers leave after the winner is revealed so they can get up for work.

I see no reason those in the land of Oz should not see the entire three hour show. It's just that the reunion portion will (obviously) not be live.