URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID48
Thread Number: 511
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Mamma Mia!"

Posted by ivories on 06-11-04 at 10:41 PM
Aussie Cast members of "Mamma Mia!"have been watching NZ season of PH and we missed the last three episodes during our transfer to Hong Kong (NZ was 3 weeks behind Australia). Anyone out there with the last three episodes on video willing to send it to us would be forever loved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Mamma Mia!"
Posted by dabo on 06-13-04 at 02:00 AM
Welcome aboard. Sorry I can't help with a video. What, pray tell, is "Mama Mia"?

Posted by ivories on 06-13-04 at 11:39 AM
"Mamma Mia" is the ABBA musical all over the place.

Posted by maryee on 06-15-04 at 05:14 PM
Hello there

Can I ask which episode you saw last? The show is currently being repeated here in the UK but we are nearly at the end. The only problem might be that videos here are VHS and I am not sure what format you would need?

Posted by ivories on 06-16-04 at 12:53 PM
Hi Maryee,

We missed the final three eps but would settle for the last two or even the last one!!! We were performingthe show in New Zealand and an Aussie friend(almost ex-friend now!!!!!) promised to tape it and bring it to us in Hong Kong and HASN'T. VHS is PERFECT for us. You would be our new best friend if you can help us out. We gave in to the "loss" in despair and read the transcripts and are now TOTALLY obsessed with tracking down the eps. Let me know how if/what/you can do and any "reward" for doing so!!!!

I know we need to get a life but when you are on tour it is the little things.....

Robyn XX

Posted by maryee on 06-16-04 at 04:42 PM
Hi Robyn

From looking at the programming guide, there are at least three episodes left - what good timing! It looks as if it all finishes up on Monday with a two hour finale, so hopefully you won't have missed an episode! It's no problem for me to tape them for you - I would have hated to have missed the ending too - it's so good!

How long will you be in Hong Kong for? I know from experience (friend lives there), that airmail can take a couple of weeks. In any event, as luck would have it, I have a backup plan if the mail lets us down, my friend's husband is coming over to England at the beginning of July, so if all else fails and you are still in Hong Kong when he returns, I can send additional copies back with him!

I'll let you know as soon as the taping is finished - I'm not sure if we are allowed to post addresses etc here and if not, I can always send them to the theatre in Hong Kong?

How exciting - being in Mamma Mia - it's a very popular show in London.

Regards

Maryee

Posted by maryee on 06-16-04 at 04:45 PM
Oops - silly me! I've just looked at the message icons and of course you can email me your address information directly!

Posted by ivories on 06-17-04 at 00:28 AM
You legend - sent you an email. Thanks so much - never underestimate the power of the internet eh!!

r xx

Posted by maryee on 06-17-04 at 04:28 AM
Just to let you know - doesn't look as if the email has come through.

Posted by ivories on 06-17-04 at 02:28 PM
tried again - let me know if that one worked. we'll get there!!

R xx

Posted by maryee on 06-17-04 at 06:01 PM
It worked! I've replied, so I hope that it gets through too!

Posted by ivories on 06-17-04 at 10:33 PM
Got it!! You are a LEGEND. Email back to you. Thanks again

R xx

Posted by maryee on 06-18-04 at 11:17 AM
Last email didn't make it through - I've sent you another one though.

Posted by RollDdice on 06-22-04 at 02:08 AM
Hi P-Ho fans. It's great that you are helping each other out, but to avoid disappointment you should know that the big concern isn't VHS vs. Beta ... the bigger problem is the television standard.

In the US we use NTSC, while Europeans may use PAL or SECAM. I hope it all works out...

maybe a google search would help...

Posted by ivories on 06-22-04 at 06:09 AM
Thanks for the warning. The good thing about working on a show is access to the sound department and crew boy's advice and their help on the techno stuff and how to connect it - so it is all cool!!! Yippee!!

Posted by maryee on 06-22-04 at 06:27 AM
Thanks from me as well for your concern - my husband returned from his business trip on Friday and said 'It's all very well you asking if VHS works dear, but you need to find out about PAL/NTSC etc'! A panicked dash to my neighbour's (on holiday from Hong Kong), confirmed that all should be okay (fingers crossed) - phew!

I am just about to put the finale on tape and it will be ready to send!

Thanks also to the board mods for keeping the thread open for us.

Posted by ivories on 06-22-04 at 03:44 PM
And a HUGE THANKS from us PH tragics in Hong Kong to all you guys. My 1st time on a forum board - the power of the "Information Highway" is truly awesome.

XX

"Help until tapes arrive"
Posted by RollDdice on 06-22-04 at 04:24 PM
Just a reminder that Reality TV World (RTW) and this Paradise Hotel Forum are your best resources for Paradise Hotel information.

Take a moment to look around for Summaries, Parodies and lively debate about all of the characters and craziness of P-Ho; they'll help you hang on until the next episode!

Your Official Croupier at the Pair-Of-Dice Hotel

"confession"
Posted by ivories on 06-23-04 at 01:34 AM
Already done it!!! Put together a disc for my friends in the show of interviews, transcripts, pics, clips, forum board comments, etc etc Best fun I have had in ages!! Had a huge laugh at some of the comments!! Makes us look relatively sane in the PH obsession stakes

Xx

"We're an insane group here..."
Posted by RollDdice on 06-23-04 at 02:23 AM
>Already done it!!! Put together a disc for my friends in
the show of interviews, transcripts, pics, clips, forum board
comments, etc etc. >>

Quite enterprising! If you're really a glutton for punishment, you could read my mini-summary. It's post #21 in Angelfood's thread. The link is...
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID48/314.shtml

I wish I could watch it all over again...