URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID104
Thread Number: 51
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"April 19th episode"

Posted by mrc on 04-20-07 at 08:46 AM
If I'm starting a GA thread, that's a bad sign for an episode.

I was a little bored with this episode. Maybe it's because I watched Lost right before it. The best part of the episode was the chief. I hurt for him.

The George-Izzie thing is inane. George is starting to remind me of Jack--always having to save a woman. The fact that he is married just makes it worse.

Now McDreamy is questioning whether he wants Meredith or the chief's position? Really? I understand the need to sustain creative and romantic tension for the viewers who see this as a soap opera, but one can only go through the cycle so many times. Just look at how frustrating Ed became with the Ed-Carol roller coaster.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Table of contents
  • RE: April 19th episode,aquariaqueen, 09:44 AM, 04-20-07
  • RE: April 19th episode,jkokoj, 12:17 PM, 04-20-07
    • RE: April 19th episode,Breezy, 12:29 PM, 04-20-07
    • RE: April 19th episode,aquariaqueen, 01:26 PM, 04-20-07

Messages in this discussion
"RE: April 19th episode"
Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-20-07 at 09:44 AM
I actually found myself liking the Izzie story. And I like how Bailey was there for her. And I like her and George together, but I don't like the fact that George puts Callie second when it really comes down to it.

Does anyone think that Callie is pregnant? She's tired, looked nauseated and didn't have make-up on.

I like how Mare (sorry can't think of character's name (step mom)) explained how she kept Meredith's father from her. I think that happens a lot. She needed to get it off her chest, and clear her conscience. Plus, she's needy as well, like Meredith.

Loved the chief dancing with the OB/Gyn (_________ Shepard) I can't think of any names this morning. And Dr. Sloan trying to be his winger. LOL the gal comes to the club "sometimes after class". Poor Chief!

I enjoyed the Eva/Shannon story. I can believe that too. If the dad really misses his daughter, he will substitute one, especially one as nice as Eva. Good to see a little friction with Korev and her. My question is this? Why is she still in the hospital, only because they don't know who she is? She was going to be going home with strangers, but it seems as if Social Services would be placing her somewhere soon.

Posted by jkokoj on 04-20-07 at 12:17 PM
I was mixed on the episode but very happy that we had a new one to watch!!

Izzy/George/Callie...it seems so soon to have all this stuff happening to Izzy at once. It really bothers me that they threw in yet another love triangle this soon. It would have been much better and more believable had they had the part with Izzy and her daugther come first instead of her and George sleeping together. I think the writers are doing an injustice to Callie's character. I find I don't like her very much at the moment.

I like the twist with Meredith and McDreamy. I think that is a real life type of circumstance that happens to lots of people. Choosing a career or love. I also enjoyed a bit of the quirkiness of the step-mom. It adds some character depth to Meredith and opens up her growth.

I loved Christina last night!! Sandra Oh is great with how she plays this strong woman. I also am enjoying the story line with the Jane Doe patient. I like that the writers are going off in that type of direction again. I can see where it would be easy for doctors to get emotionally attached, i.e. Izzy to Denny.

I am still enjoying the show and a few new plot lines will be good to watch.

Posted by Breezy on 04-20-07 at 12:29 PM
I agree, Sandrah Oh is fantastic!

I liked all the story lines last night. *shrug* Although I agree the triangle could have waited until after we learn of Izzie's child.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

Posted by aquariaqueen on 04-20-07 at 01:26 PM
I forgot about Yang and Burke and the most wonderful surgeon in the world. The whole male ego/spitting contest was funny for a bit. Glad it's not going to continue. The fingernail polish was too funny, especially since it was Yang!!!

I agree, the Meredith/McSteamy is actually heading in a very real direction. Having worked in a hospital for 17 years, it's very very hard for doctors to have successful/long relationships with each other. Especially those just starting, we aren't seeing them working all hours of the day and night and being on call very much. McSteamy probably realizes this too, and Chief of Surgery would be a very significant honor to earn.

And we have to have a "woe is me" storyline for Meredith soon.

I think you are right, having Izzie find out about her daughter would have been better coming first.