URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5084
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 22 Episode #12 Lvoe List "

Posted by iltarion on 05-06-11 at 03:33 AM

When all the editing could do was once again try the Phillip redirect, you knew we were about to see another TC devoid of drama. However, the episode was aided by one of the most selfless decisions at the start and one of the most grueling ICs near the end.

1. Mike - Gets a spot for 1 week at #1. It wasn't about strategy. It was "the right thing to do." Absolutely it was. Mega-props. No surprise an ex-marine would not fail to impress. The Ometepe's win even when they don't participate.

2. B-Rob - Of course. If he wasn't already, this episode clearly portrayed him as the protagonist in this story. Can he finish the deal and pull off what he's failed to pull off in 3 tries, or as he said, 10 years? The family visit might have clearly showed us the F3 as B-Rob, Natalie and Phillip were the 3 showed with their family. Grant, Ashley and Andrea were barely even shown in the background. I'm sure the entire Surviverse was disappointed that Amber didn't show up for the family visit. Epic win in the IC. Pretty impressive for a man in his 30s.

3. Phillip - No longer acting crazy. Stated clearly being a goat is his strategy. Maybe. Or maybe he couldn't help himself whether it was a strategy or not. Whether it is the TC or the FTC, the editing is using him to try to build some intrigue. Personally, secret argument or not, I don't buy that he can beat B-Rob. The horrorshow of this is that if Phillip somehow were to win, you can bet we will see this strategy replayed again and again, meaning goats to make Nayonka and Russell look likable.

4. Matt - Only other person to have a chance in all this though he is lucky that Mike didn't eliminate him the last two challenges.

5. Ashley - Was glowing during the confessional detailing the Sprint videos from home. Might get in the FTC yet if Phillip loses it and gets voted out. Battling B-Rob for the heart of Natalie.

6. Natalie - Seems fated for the FTC. Only RI can change that. I don't see her getting the votes though. Her age gives her a pass for spending half the episode in tears. B-Rob obviously cares about her, and that is a plus. She once told us she would make moves. Wrong. I'm not sure why Grant wasn't the target since he lost immunity. That blame falls on all the girls.

7. Grant - Big time challenge performer who should have been the target once he actually failed to win an IC. B-Rob protects him, but that doesn't extend to the FTC. Disappears during all the wrong times.

8. Ralph - Was ticked at Mike's choice. He's an idiot. Mike should feel bad that you didn't get to spend time with your brother/buddy? Get real. You are a grown man. Get over it. If it was your wife, maybe you'd have a beef. What was with no spouses during the family visit? Isn't that who you'd miss the most? Siblings and parents for grown adults? I don't get it, but I never have.

9. Andrea - TERRIBLE player. How naive can you be? Besides Matt, I haven't seen anyone this gullible since Jean Robert. You and Matt are meant for each other. Even IF everyone was voting for Phillip, who was NEXT? Should have talked Matt into making a move when they had a chance. Go big or go home.

Punted-

Steve - Truly embarrassing effort during the duel. Why not just nominate yourself to go home instead of going through the challenge? Debacle. Decent guy though.

>

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor 22 Episode #12 Lvoe List "
Posted by garyc on 05-06-11 at 06:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-06-11 AT 06:57 AM (EST)

Every throw Steve made seemed to be shorter than the previous one. Don't think he could have been happier to leave RI.

Agree about Andrea. She had to attempt some kind of move earlier. This season has been short on players being shown even attempting to strategize for themselves (unless you count strongly attach yourself to Rob.) One thing you can say for Phillip. Don't know that he can win with it, but he at least seems to have a strategy.

Posted by crs3192 on 05-06-11 at 11:50 PM
I guess I'll try to form one of these.

1. Boston Rob - honestly, he's always my number one. I understand why people get bored of him because he is just playing one hell of a game, and it's less fun when he hasn't been given a run for his money. I still love watching him, though, because even though he doesn't have to play as carefully as he is playing...he thinks about every move he makes. He doesn't get caught up in "I like him" "I don't like her", etc. He knows about timing and the right way to play. Plus, his win tonight in the IC was INSANE. I was so proud of him. I loved when he was wobbling around after everyone helped him up but he just pulled on his hat and stayed strong.

2. Mike - I really respected his choice at the duel. I could have done without all the religion talk (seriously! When did this game become all about God?!) but it brought me back to one of my favourite moments with Boston Rob - during the All-Stars season, Rob asked if he could forgo his prize of a video from home so that everyone could get their letters. It was really sweet, and Mike was really great for doing this for the Ometepe 6.

3. Grant - even though I was surprised that he didn't win the challenge, he is a hard worker. He has stayed tight with Rob and constantly shows his loyalty. He seems like a really good guy, and I think that he's my favourite player, generally, after Rob. He's a little naive to think that Rob would never get rid of him. I mean, Rob's been good to him, but I wouldn't count on him completely to stay true to his word. I think he'll be at the FTC with Rob and Natalie, though - but still, you never know.

4. Natalie - there is something I like about this girl. I felt for her when she was crying at the beginning of the episode. She's so young and has never been away from home for so long, and I get that it's hard. I'm impressed by her strength up until that point. She may keep quiet but she's playing well. She became allies with the most powerful guy on the show right from the start and she doesn't ##### anyone else off. She's got one of the best shots of sticking with Rob till the end. I don't think she'll win, but it's not impossible.

5. Phillip - He's crazy, but he knows it. He claims it's strategy, but I think he kind of fell into this strategy without thinking. He was smart to not work to hard in that challenge. He was right to believe that he had no chance at winning, and he would have been so exhausted if he had really exerted himself. He didn't go too nuts this episode, which was appreciated. It was nice for the crazy train to rest at the station for the night.

6. Ashley - Meh. She's a nothing player. She hasn't been impressive but she hasn't done anything horribly wrong. I repeat - meh!

7. Andrea - Oh man. I was so glad to see her go to RI. She took it personally, but I don't really see her getting too much farther. We'll have to see. The interesting thing though is that even if she and Matt get close again, only one will return to the game - so they can't conspire against Rob. The only problem is that if one of them gets to the final 3...I think that if Matt gets there, Andrea will vote for him. If Andrea gets there, I'm not too sure. It depends on the next few days.

8. Matt - I'm tired of him and his redemption story. I get it. He's religious. I get it. God is pulling him along. I don't care anymore. I wish they had stopped RI after the merge, but what can you do? Good for him for getting through the challenges. He still annoys me, though.

9. Ralph - Go away.

Bye Steve! I have no problem with you going home. I'd rather see it be Ralph, but oh well. He was interesting when he tried to stir the pot back at the main camp, but he didn't try hard enough.

Posted by dabo on 05-07-11 at 01:09 AM
01. Rob. Maintaining control post-Pagonging, he is certainly playing his best game ever and keeping the sheep in line. I was not impressed that he almost killed himself winning immunity, there was no need, he has the stupid HII if he needs it.

02. Grant. Doing a solid wingman job.

03. Phillip. Well, at least he is actively playing the game instead of just playing a sheep. Is the crazy just some great strategy? No, he's just indulging himself, it's stupid.

04. Natalie. Nice kid, for a snitch. Unfortunately for her coat-tailing game, while Rob has been mean he really hasn't played very dirty this time.

05. Ashley. eh.

RI

Andrea. Played a pretty straight-forward game, her biggest move was ditching Matt when he brought her a plan guaranteed to lead to her eventually losing the game. Victim of unfair branding. Now she has to deal with being the Delilah at RI even though Matt still has his hair.

Matt. Oh buy a vowel already. Grow up, get it, do anything, just quit wallowing in it.

Mike. Nice, solid and, yes, even heroic guy. I hope he's the winner of RI who gets back into the game.

Ralph. Mama always said stupid is as stupid does.

Good-bye--

Steve. One of the ringleaders of the Zapatera tossing the challenge, tossing the duel, nice symmetrical exit.

Posted by michel on 05-07-11 at 04:56 PM
1- Rob: He is playing a great game and I really liked his confessional during the family visit. It showed that this game is addictive and it reminded me of our own passion for this stupid TV show.

2- Grant: He was still flying, climbing stairs 2x2 at the end of the challenge so he's still in great shape. That's why he was't targeted without HII. Rob needs him to beat Mike or Matt. And, about the lack of spouse visits, Grant is married to an actress supermodel so, yes, we missed something!

3- Natalie: Like Dabo said, Rob hasn't been that bad but there still could be anti-returning player votes that could make her the winner. Jeff's always flirting with her which is kind of sickening really even if I understand the attraction.

4- Ashley: Her future depends on whether or not she is as unliked by the other players as she is by the audience. I think it is all an indication of the power of editing because Mike liked her, Ralph liked her and no one other than Phillip has spoken against her.

5- Mike: When a player is stupid enough to win an individual reward then I love to see him forced to make a tough decision but Mike wasn't playing for reward, he was playing for his survival. To put him in such a dilemma was a stupid twist. He had nothing to gain because he still will have to win out the ICs when he gets back in the game. Pointless drama is no drama at all, just a waste. Now, Mike appears to be the powerhouse and the good guy that Survivor would like to see coming back in the game.

6- Matt: How will he react when Andrea gets to RI? Did Mike steal his good Christian story?

7- Phillip: A secret weapon? Kiki put it best: "I don't care what Phillip does, including having Jesus Christ come down & ask the jurors to vote for him, Phillip isn't getting the votes needed to win." !! Still, the audience will fear that he will take some votes away from Rob.

8- Andrea: When she saw Matt bonding with Krista, it told her she couldn't count on him so she tried to became Rob's favorite "daughter". She did't realize she was still targeted which shows how naive she was. Now, I think she may be angry with Matt, that we won't really see a nice lover's reunion but rather a "You ruined my game" discussion.

9- Ralph: Maybe the guy sees daylight to the end but he better hope that there are no word puzzles on the way!!!

Eliminated - Steve: He ran out of gas...on day 7!!

Posted by dabo on 05-07-11 at 10:16 PM
Would have loved to have seen Cynthia Cox, Grant's wife, on Survivor. But as a working Hollywood professional, SAG legalities, SEG and CBS contract requirements, FCC game show regulations, it may have been all too much, esp. considering she probably has other contractual commitments (some with other CBS programs).

Posted by iltarion on 05-07-11 at 10:51 PM

Good point about Grant. THAT is why I didn't consider it a mistake for Rob to not target Grant. He wants Grant around so that he has at least two guys to take on Mike or Matt. However, I don't think the girls have that luxury. They had an opportunity to get rid of the #1 challenge threat. They should have taken it. Matt and Mike are not the threat that Grant is.

>

Posted by michel on 05-08-11 at 02:58 AM
Maybe Grant is better in most challenges than Matt and Mike but those two are pretty good also. More importantly, they both win a jury vote if they make it to the end so you have to get them out. Then worry about Grant.

Posted by iltarion on 05-08-11 at 11:31 PM

Hahaha... After getting rid of Mike or Matt, do you think there will be time/opportunity to get rid of Grant?

>

Posted by michel on 05-08-11 at 11:34 PM
I'm pretty sure that's what Rob is thinking because he didn't consider eliminating Grant this time.

Posted by iltarion on 05-10-11 at 06:53 PM

At F4, Rob will have the power to join with the girls to boot Grant. They will not have that power. F5 will be their last chance.

>

Posted by michel on 05-10-11 at 07:53 PM
I'm sorry but I don't follow: If Rob can eliminate Grant at F4 then the remaining girl(s) has(ve) the same opportunity.

Posted by iltarion on 05-11-11 at 02:00 AM

No, the girls ONLY have that opportunity if Rob agrees to it. What are the girls going to do, vote out each other? No. So, they have no choice. Rob, on the other hand, does.

>

Posted by michel on 05-11-11 at 07:36 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-11-11 AT 07:13 PM (EST)

But your point is that Rob wants to take out Grant at F4 so you are arguing that Ashley and Natalie are dumb only if Rob is dumb enough to keep Grant. With the way Grant won the game for Ometepe, everyone should see that he'd be a huge jury threat.