URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5065
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Jeff Probst interviews Russell"

Posted by Travel_Queen on 03-17-11 at 07:53 PM
Not sure if this has been posted. I'm not a fan..but it's interesting how Jeff is so enamoured!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKdN_D1KUiE&feature=player_embedded#at=895

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Jeff Probst interviews Russell"
Posted by Puffy on 03-17-11 at 08:37 PM
Excellent video, thanks for posting it.

Posted by dabo on 03-18-11 at 01:34 AM
Thanks! Yeah, Jeff's Russ-love just kinda reeks. Love how the comments section was disabled for that vid.

Personally, I think we all need to keep hammering away at Russ, pointing out what a loathesome petty dumdum he happens to be. It's for his own good, really I mean that. Call me a hopeless romantic but I'm not totally going to give up on Russ, if we just keep hammering on him maybe one day, just maybe, he'll realize the horrible truth about himself and, who knows, start to evolve into an actual human being.

I'm pretty sure mollycoddling his sorryness won't do any good.

Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 03-18-11 at 09:21 AM
I guess Jiffy isn't the dumbdumb we think he is. His buttering up of Russell may be weird or seem misplaced, but Jiffy knows exactly what he's doing.

ESPN Radio has a personality who's every bit as much a loudmouth as Russell or anyone - fellow ESPN listeners here are familiar with Colin Cowherd - who openly states that he's all about elite teams, players, and top-notch stories - basically, anything people talk about that generates ratings. We all hated "The Decision" - yet Cowherd is as pro-Heat and pro-LeBron as anyone. Why? LeBron gets people talking - and listening. His ratings go up.

Russell, like the Heat, is a bad guy. But he's entertaining (maybe not for some here, but for the masses - he won the Sprint $100K vote in back-to-back seasons and even beat Rupert.) He's a hard player. He's good for ratings. Jiffy's man-crush on Russell is likely the direct result of the buzz he generates.

Maybe he does see more than that. But that's the biggest part.

Posted by iltarion on 03-19-11 at 00:36 AM

I am sick of Russell and hope to never see him on my TV again. That being said, I can defend the guy a little here. He makes big moves, for one thing, which is something JP is definitely going to like. Secondly, he is one of the best in confessionals that have ever played. Top 10, easy. However, be that as it may, his confessional performance has gone down with each season that he has played, mainly because he had the habit of repeating himself.

>