URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5057
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor 22 Episode #2 Lvoe List"

Posted by iltarion on 02-25-11 at 02:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-11 AT 02:49 PM (EST)

After 2 episodes, Season 22 seems to have been casted at least in the mediocre range with a decent enough mix of the entertaining, the likable, the attractive, and the none of the above. The pleasure and pain of having Rob and Russell back has been about equally proportioned. So, all in all, a solid if unspectacular opening that has possibilities depending on the story that develops.

1. B-Rob - Yeah, bad move to boot Matt, but I'm not there to see the entire dynamic. He might have overreacted to the threat of Matt and Andrea being a couple. Sure, he and Amber won the game that way, but they did it by dominating in challenges and making alliances with every other person in the tribe, not exactly something Matt/Andrea were a threat to do. Regardless, it would take an even worse move to get Rob off the top of my list. This is the 4th time around for Rob, and only Hunter ever stopped this guy from running his tribe. Still had the line of the show with- "Government jobs- stressful." Rob signaling who to vote for by patting their back was his purest Godfather move yet. Classic.

2. Mike - An Iraq vet who hates Russell? Yeah, that is pretty much good for 2nd in my book at this early stage in the game. Confronted Russell about the HII clue without drawing any of the counter fire. Well played.

3. Natalie - Cute girl who has positioned herself as Rob's #1 girl. Comes off as smart so far, but she'll need to be to win from this position. She has promised us a willingness to make moves. We will see.

4. Ashley - Only behind Natalie because she didn't have a confessional in episode #2. On the other hand, she might be even better positioned with being solidly in Rob's alliance without being under his wing. The way it was edited, her, Rob and Grant made the ultimate decision to boot Matt. She has otherwise been quiet, but her almost blur worthy tiny apricot bikini always gets my attention. Looks better with her hair down, see TC.

5. Grant - Physical powerhouse in Rob's alliance who got a confessional and was in on the vote decision. Seems well positioned and likable.

6. Rooster - Second only to Russell in edit of Zapatera. The show's casting department appears to have pulled off the extraordinary feat of finding a guy who makes Big Tom look cultured in comparison. His discovery of the HII seemed oddly edited and convenient, but if that is where production wants the story to go, then I'm all for it. Nothing would burn Russell more than being beaten by this guy.

7. Secret Agent Man - "They've given you a number, and taken away your name." The edit loves this guy, but I'll take his schizoid theatrics over Nay's play-byotch-for-the-cameras routine any day. He wisely played good solider this time around, but he remains an obvious loose cannon, just what production was hoping for when they casted him.

8. Kristina - At least has been playing hard and has gotten her share of the edit. Will that change now that the HII is no longer in her possession? On the other hand, it comes back into play now, and she found it once already with no clue. In the 1st episode, she reminded me of an amateur sitting at a poker table with a well-known pro, too anxious to go all in just for the chance to take him out. She might have settled since then. It isn't like she had much choice.

9. Andrea - Cute girl who had the audacity to make friends with Matt, unfairly targeted. She tries hard and appears likable. If she was smart, she'd make friends with Rob while keeping her eyes open for an opportunity to oust him. Unfortunately, previews do not suggest she is that smart.

10. Sarita - Seems fine. Not much more of an edit so far than the following.

11. Steve - Who? Stand up and be recognized, brother.

12. Julie - Obligatory older lady. Archetypical early boot.

13. David - I am making a wild guess and saying obligatory homosexual. Zero play in episode #2. Sat out the challenge, and the show, apparently.

14. Krista - So-so blond with nice body. Picked the Ashley/Danielle position of the Russell alliance. History has shown that is not a good position to be in.

15. Stephanie- The infamous hot, smart chick who thinks she is even hotter and smarter than she really is and thus inevitably gets in over her head. Apparently she missed the two seasons of Survivor where the one seen as Russell's lackey was generally derided and didn't get the vote. Maybe she thinks she is Natalie, but if that is the case, she is seriously delusional. Natalie was actually LIKED. That's how she won. Just keep rolling your eyes, sweetie.

16. Russell - His schtick is old. His game is tired. Even his confessionals have given way to suck-fest rewinds of garbage we've already heard ad nauseum. Blah, blah, blah... Everyone gather round to see the amazing @ss-clown of Survivor.

RI - (not Rhode Island)

Francesca - Caught in the perfect crap storm of B-Rob, a glory-blinded Kristina, and Secret Agent Man.

Matt - Schiz-punked. Forgot to get permission from B-Rob before flirting with Andrea and shaking hands with Zapatera. Apparently forgot who he was playing with. I might be interested in seeing him come back.

>

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor 22 Episode #2 Lvoe List"
Posted by Toban on 02-25-11 at 03:16 PM
1. Kristina: a proactive physically strong female player. What's not to like? It could be argued that she made a poor choice of alliance partners but I suspect she may have had no choice when Rob banded together with his harem of sheep. Age is often the deciding factor in alliance cliques and I suspect that the three older contestants (Fran/Kristina/Phil) probably weren't even given an opportunity to be in Rob's alliance.

2. Mike: Hates Russell and seems to have proactive plans to get rid of him. Plus he's hot. Therefore I love him. Also, he smartly remained somewhat mute during the Russell/Rooster incident.

3. Rooster: I like Elmo. Rooster is also covered in orange fur. Thus, I'm pre-ordained to like Rooster. Aside from that, he hates Russell and confronted Russell. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be the one that sends Russell home.

4. Andrea: strong in the challenge, seemed to know that she was using Matt to further her game. Now, allegedly, she's after Rob's head. I hate Rob so 4th place is where she sits.

5. David: smart confessionals so far. Seems like a real player. I read somewhere that he really solved the puzzle in the Ep. 1 challenge but let Russell think he was the one to do it. My gaydar is also going off on him.

6. Steve: physically impressive and hates Russell.

7. Grant: It appears that he is smart and athletic. I didn't like that he went along with Rob's stupid plan to get rid of Matt though.

8. Natalie: At first I thought she was just dumb. Then I read that she's only 18 years old. I'm going to give her credit for now.

9. Sarita: somewhat older woman who hates Russell. I need to see more of her before I bump her any higher.

10. Julie: I think she's about 50. She was a powerhouse in the Ep. 1 challenge. That's impressive for a woman of that age. Can't put her higher until she speaks or shows some gameplay.

11. Stephanie: in alliance with Russell (who, as you may have guessed, I hate) so by association is down here. However, she does seem to recognize where she stands and will go way up if she somehow orchestrates a Russell boot.

12. Ashley: She's one of Rob's sheep, so I dislike her.

13. Natalie: like Ashley but with less apparent substance.

14. Secret Agent Nutbar: while I love the fact that he's on the show due to entertainment value, he's a wingnut. Also, please cover yourself in palm fronds, Phil, you're giving me the creeps.

15. Rob: despised him in Marquesas and All-Stars. My attitude towards him softened somewhat in H v V. Now I'm back to hating him and his bullying. Also, getting rid of Matt at the second tribal council was idiotic.

16. Russell: hatehatehatehatehatehatehate

Redemption Island:

1. Francesca: she seemed smart and had some great lines. I hope she somehow makes it back in the game but I don't hold out a lot of hope.

2. Matt: Dumb move with congratulating the other team at tribal and you don't need to tell us more than once that you're Christian.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-25-11 at 07:38 PM
14. Secret Agent Nutbar: while I love the fact that he's on the show due to entertainment value, he's a wingnut. Also, please cover yourself in palm fronds, Phil, you're giving me the creeps.

Hilarious Toban! ;)

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Toban on 02-26-11 at 05:43 PM
I'm glad I made you smile. But now you must post your list! (and that goes for the rest of youse guyses too).

Posted by sportsjoe on 02-26-11 at 09:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-11 AT 09:36 PM (EST)

I just wanna say where do they find these ##### idiots to play the game. You know Rob and Russell's tactics. Those 2 should be the first to go. You shouldn't trust a word coming from their mouths. Unless the producers have made it clear unofficially that they are off limits this early in the game. I get really pissed when I see overrated and arrogant assholes like Russell and Rob shoot their mouth off. How come no one has the balls to stand up to them, unreal. Unless someone has the balls to stand up and get rid of them, none of them deserve to win, cuz they can't think on their own. That scene where hillbilly challenges Russell about the clue really got me steaming. I wish that was me instead of hillbilly calling Russell out. Oh really Russell, you don't like me going after you, tough #####. I don't like liars like you fat little bastard. Lol I'm done for now.

Posted by michel on 02-26-11 at 10:09 PM
>"Unless the producers have made it clear unofficially"

I suggest we keep our ears open to see if we can get indications about this. It would make a good new entry in my basher thread!

But Rob did prove he can help his tribe and he's smart enough to keep his snark for confessionals. As for Russell, Zapatera would have had to throw a challenge in order to get rid of him and throwing a challenge is dumber than putting up with Russell. Let's wait and see how their first TC goes.

Posted by iltarion on 02-26-11 at 10:17 PM

HAHAHAHA... Obviously I wouldn't lump Rob in with Russell, but otherwise I was thinking the same thing, sportsjoe. I thought Rooster was trying to be too nice when Russell came after him. He should have said, "Look, A-hole, you shouldn't like how I'm coming at you because I don't like guys who lie to my face, and you're going to like it less when you are walking your @ss out of here."

>

Posted by michel on 02-26-11 at 10:04 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-11 AT 10:51 PM (EST)

1- Ralph: The world's dumbest person showed he was smarter than Russell! This is the second episode where someone says on screen what I have been telling Russell's fans all along. After David explaining why the troll couldn't win, Ralph told us that idols were as hard to find as wiping your hiney with toilet paper. Sorry Iltarion but THAT was the line of the evening. Don't judge a man by his fur!

2- Natalie: She was called the perfect partner and then she received airtime to tell us she wants to make big moves. That is a great start to her story.

3- Phillip: I don't remember someone giving such a heroic confessional while everyone else was shown laughing at his actions. It was as if Phillip was a cross between Rudy and Coach.

4- Andrea: If Andrea was going to simply follow Matt out the door, I don't think we would have heard any of her confessionals. She's now in the position of the likable underdog and that is usually a good place to be.

5- Mike: He continues to be the one voicing the tribe's desire to vote Russell out but something is off. He said that he expected Russell would have shared the clue "if we are going to go far together". So could Mike decide to go with Russell? What if he hears that Ralph has the idol and didn't tell him? He'd see that as being even more untrustworthy, no? He seems to be the key to how Zapatera will vote.

6- Stephanie: Will she have her own story or is she simply Russell's puppet? I still can't tell.

7- Rob: Rob was the star of the episode but he overplayed his hand. He played the end game just as early as Matt and he did it with malice. He says he didn't want to play this way but Hunter and Cesternino would disagree, I'm sure.

8- Kristina: It seems her story was only about the idol. It still had power but Kristina didn't seem to think of anything to do with it except wear it and hand it over.

9- Sarita: She's still ignored, relegated to observing Russell and telling Mike about it. It's troubling that Mike found her weak. He could set his desire to get rid of Russell in order to vote her out. That could be like Galu voting out Erik.

10- Matthew: Since he isn't voted out, I'll place him here with the regular folks. I thought his words about wanting to be closer to his savior meant he'd have to live alone on Redemption Island for a while. Sort of like a monastic retreat. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back.

11- David: Totally neglected, we didn't even know why he was chosen to sit the challenge. Was he sick? Did Zapatera have to sit a man even if we didn't hear jeff telling them? Either way, it isn't good for this guy.

12- Grant: I believe his confessional was only presented to make us accept Rob's decision. If an ex-NFL player says that what Matt did was unacceptable then we should agree, no? I say no Because Survivor isn't football.

13- Ashley: She's a vote, a cute one but just a vote.

14- RussHell: If Russell survives this, his fans will be insufferable. I hope we have the usual "pride comes before the fall" story, not another tribal collapse presented as Russell's doing.

15- Krista: She stepped into a story but it was Russell's not her own.

16- Steve: The guy can swim but can he play?

17- Julie: Who?

Posted by iltarion on 02-26-11 at 10:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-26-11 AT 10:29 PM (EST)

"Sorry Iltarion but THAT was the line of the evening."

Yeah, my 6 year old boys agree with you. They thought it was hilarious.

I assume you meant Andrea is a "likeable underdog."

RussHell has fans? Who knew?

>

Posted by michel on 02-26-11 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-27-11 AT 03:41 AM (EST)

And you didn't laugh? Please. Anyway, more that the TP point itself, it was funny because it was addressed at the producers who have been kissing Russell's a$$. Putting the idol inside a tree? That's where they put the first one in Samoa so you know they wanted Russell to find it and, if he had, Russell would have been chanting to his own glory. Ralph didn't try to bullsh*t us into thinking he was smart. He simply told us how easy it was to find the idol and he put it in a very descriptive manner.

Yes, I'll correct that typo

Didn't Russell win the fan vote twice? Believe me or go to Sucks where there are many new posters with usernames like RussellRules or "Russell is King".

Posted by sportsjoe on 02-27-11 at 08:57 AM
Ya I agree about them making the idol too easy to find. I posted about this in another thread here. The show has lost cred with me just about the stupid idol. The idol is influencing too much strategy and taking away from the social game I think. It's turned into a joke. You take away the idol and lucky weak players don't have a chance. Only the strong get to the end like it used to be. I love Survivor but maybe they jumped the shark with that stupid idol.

Posted by michel on 02-27-11 at 12:16 PM
But remember that it was very similar when it was about prior votes. Most of the discussion during episodes 3 to 6 in Africa were about prior votes, the Mallrats wanting Frank and his group to vote one way so only one person had votes, then Boran getting to know who had those votes, etc... Palau centered around tie votes and how a tie would be broken with the rock, Stephenie voting for a tie then changing her vote, Tom twisting Katie's arm by threatening to go to the rock and not voting for her in the end if she did.

I think we can still get to know these people by how they react to the idol and the strategy involved. But, I agree that this season is ridiculous: If you have RI, you don't need idols. A player may have to get voted out THREE times before his game is over: 1st time all the votes against him are voided because he played the idol. 2nd time he goes to RI, wins all the duels and returns. Finally the 3rd time he's voted out of the game but wait...maybe they will save him by saying we have a Final 4 this season!!!

Posted by iltarion on 02-27-11 at 06:22 PM

Actually, now that I think about it, it makes sense that the HIIs are so easy to find. The problem is that the show has practically cut out the reward challenge. As such, they don't have much opportunity to give clues. We are two episodes in and there has only been one clue given out. Do you think that is the case if the HIIs were difficult to find? No way. The HII is usually found by the 3rd episode; so, the only way they could do that is make them easy to find.

Here is an idea for you- There is only 1 HII and it is found on Redemption Island. Therefore, someone has to get voted out to have a chance at it. This also would make it difficult for that person to be voted out right away once returning from RI, and give them a bargaining tool, which they would need since they would have been out of the game so long.

>

Posted by michel on 02-27-11 at 06:38 PM
Every challenge is going to be immunity/reward so they still can hand out clues. Even if they didn't have goodies to hand out, the clue could be dropped at tree mail and whoever gets mail gets the clue.

I do like your idea of having an Idol at RI though IF the player returns around merge time. If he returns later then he gets too much power.

OTOH: Scrap that: I don't like RI or HII! Just play the game.

Posted by dabo on 03-01-11 at 04:03 PM
1. Ralph (8). Man is playing Russ for a fool, here's hoping he's savvy enough to follow through.

2. Mike (5)

3. Natalie (6)

4. Stephanie (4)

5. Phillip (7). Fun and interesting to watch.

6. Rob (1). Taking a big hit for playing too many angles early in the game, needs to get his tribe winning now or he is in trouble.

7. Francesca (2). Just not much to do on Redemption Island.

8. Grant (13)

9. David (2)

10. Andrea (15)

11. Kristina (16)

12. Sarita (9)

13. Ashley (12)

14. Steve (17)

15. Julie (18)

16. Matt (11). Maybe Survivor really isn't time to play the Christian card while chatting up a girl.

17. Russell (14)

18. Krista (10)

Posted by milkachulina on 03-01-11 at 05:32 PM
I need to be honest here and say that since there are so many Survivors who I just don’t know right now, it was difficult to create this rating. I’ll be more detailed as the season moves forward.

1) Ralph – Ralph, who from this point on I will refer to as “ManBearPig,” has the potential to be one of my favorite Survivors ever. I hope that he can deliver. I am looking for some new alpha males to kill Russell. ManBearPig is certainly a contender.

2) Steve: Here’s another contender. We haven’t seen much from Steve, but I have a feeling that he is an arrogant, old-school, alpha male. He doesn’t seem very tolerant. I’m just waiting for him to lose his cool with Russell. It’s going to be spectacular!!! Let me add that this old man is quite sexy. While 51 isn’t that old, I am happy to see an older man showing the world that you can have a fit body beyond the age of 35.

3) Grant: Did you notice how sexy this ex-football player is while he competed in the challenge. Hello Grant! As far as him going along with Rob, I feel that he is playing it smart. There is no real reason to rock the boat this early in the game, especially considering how catty Rob is.

4) Mike: He’s sexy and that’s about it! I won’t give him credit for much else until he proves he is worthy. There are thousands of Iraq War Veteran’s out there, so I will not place Mike on a pedestal above those other dedicated American men and women solely because he is now on Survivor. I do wish him well.

5)Phillip:.How in the world did this man get a secret clearance? And, how did he keep it? I guess he never actually got “TREATMENT” for his mental disorders, so it’s ok in the eyes of the US government. Anyone who has a clearance knows what I am talking about.

6) Andrea: Now that her BBF Matt has been voted off, she may prove that she has skills. We will have to wait and see.

7) Kristina: She is so out of the loop. Bless her little heart.

8 - 13) David, Natalie, Sarita, Ashley, Julie, and Krista: Who?.

14) Matthew: I have problems with this guy. He is the common Christian. He spends all of his time working on giving everyone the IMPRESSION that he is a super moral guy. Often, for these folks, it’s more about THEIR image than the image of JESUS. That don’t impress me much!

15) Stephanie: She is hooked up with Russell, so I automatically don’t like this heifer.

16) Russell: Why is he here? Why is he alive? He looks like a butterball turkey prime for being served up on Thanksgiving Thursday. Let’s eat!

17) Rob: I hate him so bad, I don’t even feel like talking about it. Yeah, it’s that serious. On a side note, I just knew he wasn’t going to vote Phillip out. I suspect that the producers told Rob to befriend Phillip because of his entertainment value. Otherwise, I know that Rob the Demon would have no reason to keep Phillip the Crazy around

Posted by iltarion on 03-02-11 at 03:19 AM

No, actually, pretty much everything we saw with Matt was him being a bonafide good guy.

>

Posted by sportsjoe on 03-02-11 at 02:27 PM
I like tarion's idea. If you're gonna have a stupid idol, it should be on RI. Whoever gets back in the game, gets the idol. It at least gives that person some power. Thus possibly being able to screw an ##### like Rob or Russell out of the game. Revenge is sweet. Other than that, that idol idea is ##### stupid.

Posted by dabo on 03-02-11 at 03:13 PM
Basically, the power in returning to the game from RI lies in being able to upset the status quo. If the status quo is strong then the impact would be negligible, but with everyone looking to improve their own chances and forces being divided it becomes a gameturner.

That said, I don't think Matt was a Christian for the sake of appearance only, but making religious belief a cause or focal point in your game on a reality show is quite shallow, farcical even.

Posted by michel on 03-02-11 at 07:02 PM
"making religious belief a cause or focal point in your game on a reality show is quite shallow, farcical even."

I agree entirely if it's done to the extent of some characters we've seen on BB where the live feeds show how much they talk about religion but Matt? We heard him speak less than 20 sentences in maybe a couple of minutes of airtime. He was out there for 6 days. The editors could have chosen to feature each and every occasion he used the word "God", ignoring all the times he would have talked about another subject. I'd say that would be far from making a cause out of it. We simply have no idea what really goes on there.

Posted by iltarion on 03-02-11 at 11:56 PM

The man had the audacity to say he was Christian. OMG.

>

Posted by Toban on 03-03-11 at 11:26 AM
My issue with those players who repeatedly invoke Christianity (or any religion) on reality tv shows is twofold:

1. When they constantly pray to their deity to help them finish a task/win a challenge/beat another team or player. As if God/Allah/Whomever don't have better things to do than help someone win some televised game.

2. When those players reference their religiosity as somehow making them more morally upstanding than other players.

I started to see a little of both in Matt although he wasn't around long enough for me to really form an opinion on him. I'm also aware that Survivor likes to emphasize "characters" so he's likely fed questions about his religion in the interviews.

Right now, I'm rooting for him to come back in the game and take out that smug #####, Rob, so I'll be giving him a thumbs up for the time being.