URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5050
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"It's official"

Posted by BrassFan on 01-13-11 at 11:59 AM
Cbs.com now has a headline that says:

Survivor: Redemption Island Rob and Russell Return
Former castaways Rob and Russell return to compete for the million dollar prize and one last shot at redemption. Find out how they plan to win this time around.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"And with that"
Posted by Estee on 01-13-11 at 01:08 PM
the new RTVW Vomitorium is officially open.

Entrance is on your left. Breath mints are on the right. The feeling of clean, however, will never return again.

"RE: And with that"
Posted by realworld10 on 01-13-11 at 02:04 PM
Totally unbelievable. Hopefully those two will be out immediately - but you know the hero worship thing will kick in. Don't know if I can stand to watch.

Posted by Estee on 01-13-11 at 02:42 PM
I'd worry more about their being carried because of insta-goat status. 'One of them is married to a winner, so he's got his money by proxy. The other couldn't collect a jury vote if he poisoned the parchment and told people the only antidote was writing down his name. Decisions, decisions...'

Posted by garyc on 01-14-11 at 07:43 AM
enough already with the same people over and over.

Posted by realworld10 on 01-14-11 at 11:23 AM
True - which means we have to put up with them for the entire season - ugh!!!

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 01-14-11 at 05:22 PM
When i heard this I was excited. I can see them both made team captains and pick their teams. I am sick of Russell, I can not imagine anyone would trust him.

Look Survivor has been on now is it 21 seasons? They need to try new things. This is oddly a new thing....and old thing at the same time.

GO BOSTON ROB!

Posted by PsychoKitty on 01-14-11 at 09:48 PM
Yeah, that's true. I don't know. I love Rawb and Russell for different reasons - but when you DO add in the "celebrities" the other players don't have their own natural evolution of how THEY would have played the game . . . But other than Jimmy Johnson, have we had anyone that other cast members actually recognized going into a new game?

Certainly they'll recognize these two So I'm torn - I feel like the new players deserve a fresh chance.

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Sigs by Cig

Posted by byoffer on 01-19-11 at 06:29 PM
But other than Jimmy Johnson, have we had anyone that other cast members actually recognized going into a new game?

Yes, absolutely.
- Gary Hogeboom was a retired NFL player that was recognized by at least one cast member when he was cast.
- Stephanie and Bobby-John were repeat players - very similar to this season
- Obviously the all-star seasons had repeat players. They were almost all in the same boat, except Russell in his second season and I believe Rupert in his second season who both played their second season before their first season aired. They knew of the others, but not vise-versa.
- The FvF season involved half and half of repeat players vs new players. Who had the advantage? F3 were all repeat players.

I think learning to survive on a beach is a big part of the game, and the returning survivors have a big advantage from that perspective, both for comfort and for being valuable to their tribe for experience.

Posted by michel on 01-20-11 at 06:58 PM
Taj in Tocantins was recognized by most of Jalapao as a singer in SWV.

"RE: It's official"
Posted by Colonel Zoidberg on 01-15-11 at 01:49 PM
Not sure which is dumber - Russell coming back for another shot when he's as dead as Fairplay in a gunfight with Danny Bonaduce...

...or CBS for making a big production of not telling us who else was coming back and then revealing it a full month ahead of time, thus making this the worst-kept secret in TV since Ellen's coming-out episode.

Posted by michel on 01-15-11 at 04:02 PM
Rob is smart enough to understand that he practically cannot win in this set-up while RussHell still thinks the game is flawed, preveting him to win so I wonder why they agreed to come back? Could they have been paid in advance? After all, now that their presence has been revealed we know that all this season's promotion will center on these two characters. They must have asked for an appearance fee.

Posted by Spanky68 on 01-19-11 at 01:35 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-19-11 AT 01:36 PM (EST)

My guess is that the season's angle will be that BRob and RussHell hate each other and have this rivalry going so the season is a personal grudge. In that context, I can see the possibility that they will square off as team captains against each other.

I don't think I like the idea. It has a very "jump the shark" feel to me. But I am sure I will watch anyway as I am a glutton for punishment that way.

Agman made this fancy sig for me

Posted by michel on 01-19-11 at 10:52 PM
Survivor jumped the shark way back in Cook islands.

Posted by jbug on 01-22-11 at 11:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-11 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

I'll watch too

I always liked B Rob;
& as much of an a$$ as Russell is/was, he did provide entertainment.

Shivering in the cold - Agman 2010

ET wave at Spanky

Posted by Spanky68 on 01-25-11 at 04:03 PM
**Waves back at ya, doll!***

Agman resized my siggie

Posted by iltarion on 01-26-11 at 09:07 PM

Rob has a lifetime pass to appear any time he wants. I would watch.

Russell? Ugh... but I'd tolerate it to watch Rob again.

>

Posted by michel on 01-26-11 at 09:55 PM
Rob will lose again so next time they'll bring him back with a twist that will have 4 players return from redemption island each carrying a hidden immunity idol, individual challenges will give immunity to more than half the contestants, they'll make it a final 6 just so that Rob will have a chance and they'll probably count the 3 votes he received way back in All-Stars. Then, maybe, he'll be Sole Survivor. Yipeeee!

Posted by Tummy on 01-28-11 at 10:57 AM
I'll watch and enjoy.

I hated Boston Rob in his first season, liked him in All Stars 1 and loved him as the antagonist to Russell.

With Russell I grudgingly admired him in Season 1 but then when he came back he showed that was the only game he had and I got to where he grated on every nerve.

The DH has never liked Boston Rob and likes Russell, so this season will make it a funtime in my livingroom.

Posted by suzzee on 01-28-11 at 02:48 PM

Posted by agman on 01-28-11 at 05:39 PM
nice post Suzzee

Posted by Karchita on 02-03-11 at 09:45 PM
C'mon, Suze. Tell us how you really feel.