URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5027
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Absentee Ballots S21 Ep7"

Posted by dabo on 10-25-10 at 04:24 PM
LAST EDITED ON 10-26-10 AT 07:40 PM (EST)

How it works! Send me a PM. Simply click on the little Private Message icon in the upper right corner of this post to send a message to my inbox. Don't use the email icon, the other one for private messages next to the little head for user profile (nothing important there to read); I've cleaned out my inbox, no need to clutter up my email any more than it already is, thanks.

So, what you're voting on? Who you think will get booted this week! Or who you want to get booted, whatever. In your PM state the name of your bootie first! Then give your reasoning for your vote. Please make comments, short comments at least, something for me to copy. And when I get a chance I'll record your votes on the official voting thread in Spoilers.

The vote thread DON'T GO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT is here--

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7521.shtml

As always, of course, you can read the initial post of the thread without encountering spoilers.

I got the first vote in this week based on non-source spoiling!

edit to correct link
sorry

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Absentee Ballots S21 Ep7"
Posted by iltarion on 10-28-10 at 02:30 PM

Shows how obvious it was that even I got it right this time.

>

Posted by michel on 10-28-10 at 05:23 PM
Obvious, yes since it was the first time that the AB voters had most votes right but I'm sure you still wondered if they were about to double-cross Marty.

LaFlor has gone 3 times to TC and I've enjoyed each of them tremendously. I don't think we've ever seen a tribe that didn't have a unanimous vote before the merge.

Posted by iltarion on 10-28-10 at 06:47 PM

Does it really matter? That's why it wasn't suspenseful to me. Jill or Marty, one way or the other. Now if we had the possibility of someone ELSE going home, then it would have been successful.

>

Posted by michel on 10-29-10 at 08:01 AM
Jill or Marty? It makes a hell of a lot of difference..and not only to them!

Posted by Tummy on 10-31-10 at 02:20 PM
I agree with Il - as a viewer I didn't care which of them it was.

I was spoiled for the first time this season - I couldn't remember who was on which team, so I clicked on dabo's link with every intention of NOT looking at any of the votes, only the link to me to the responses instead of his post. (It's ok dabo ) So I saw Jill was the first vote and dabo reminded me that Marty had the HI, so I changed my vote though I kind of felt like I was cheating.

I have to say that that whole experience re-inforced that I want to remain spoiler free. I didn't even blink when Marty gave up his HI as I knew he was safe - would have been much more suspenseful not knowing.

Posted by michel on 10-31-10 at 03:15 PM
Then I have to ask if you are talking only about the latest episode or the season? To me, for the season as a whole, it makes a huge difference that the "grandmaster" stayed instead of the lackadaisical doctor.

Posted by Tummy on 11-04-10 at 12:56 PM
michel -

His arrogance irks me and I think if he were to go I would not miss him. For me he hasn't made this season any better by being on it. I would have much rather watched Jimmy J lead the team than for Marty to try to be another Richard Hatch. Marty has come off as petty and jealous early on and now he's just whiney and ineffectual. But that's just my personal opinion.

Posted by dabo on 10-31-10 at 04:02 PM
Again, my apologies. My vote was based on speculation, for once this season I wanted to get my vote in before the rest of the tribe spoke up, I got in such a hurry I didn't pay attention and put up the wrong link on this thread. Won't happen again.