URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 5020
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Absentee Ballots S21 Ep4"

Posted by dabo on 10-05-10 at 00:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-05-10 AT 00:30 AM (EST)

Okay, friends, we'll be trying the absentee balloting this week, maybe keep it going for awhile depending on how well it works, maybe figure out something better if we can.

How it works! Send me a PM. Simply click on the little Private Message icon in the upper right corner of this post to send a message to my inbox. Don't use the email icon, the other one for private messages next to the little head for user profile (nothing important there to read); I've cleaned out my inbox, no need to clutter up my email any more than it already is, thanks.

So, what you're voting on? Who you think will get booted this week! Or who you want to get booted, whatever. In your PM state the name of your bootie first! Then give your reasoning for your vote. Please make comments, short comments at least, something for me to copy. And when I get a chance I'll record your votes on the official voting thread in Spoilers.

The thread DON'T GO IF YOU DON'T WANT TO READ IT is here--
http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7496.shtml
and of course it is in the Spoiler Forum, but if you open it up at least you won't have to look at the rest of the forum. Really, though, if you think the temptation will be too much for you, you don't want to risk it, whatever, don't go, that's fine. The remainder of this post is exactly what it says on that post, the one I started that thread with, no one has even voted yet.

"SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time To Vote: S21 ep4"

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Please read this entire post before casting your vote.

ADVISORY: Vote threads are open to all who wish to participate and cast their votes, spoilers and non-spoilers alike. The posts initiating these threads contain no spoiler information other than perhaps referencing what has been revealed in TV promos for the upcoming episode. Non-spoilers, be advised that spoilers may include information in their posts here which you may not wish to read. Spoilers, please do not include spoiler information for future episodes, stick to the episode in question.

The Rules

1. Put the name of your choice for this week's boot in the subject heading.

This is easy, just erase the bit where it says "Re: SurvivorBlowsTribe, Time to Vote..." and replace with your vote, e.g., "Dan." Or, if you think this will be a two-boot week: "Dan and Jud." It doesn't matter which order you put them in unless it matters to you.

This makes it easier to tally votes quickly and accurately. Nicknames are tougher to tally unless they are really obvious without actually reading your post. Other things you want to vote on (who wins what challenge, who gets first confessional, what the monkeys say), these should go in your post not in your subject line.

2. Reply only to this post.

We like a nice straight vote thread around here.

EXCEPTION TO RULE 2! VOTE CHANGES!

2b. But to change your vote reply to your own post.

Your new post heading should read, for example, "VOTE CHANGE: Marty." Or perhaps "VOTE CHANGE: Marty and Benry" if you think it will be a two-boot week.

3. This is not a discussion thread, do not treat it as such.

There are plenty of places on the forum to debate the merits of people's arguments, have discussions, have civil and polite disagreements, don't do it here.

But please feel free to discuss your vote in your own post, cast all the extra votes you want, we're all interested in what you have to say.

4. No graphics, particularly no sig pics.

If you must have a graphic make it pertinent to something. Thank you.

5. Have fun!

That's why you're here, right!

6. Absentee Ballots.

Alright, friends, this is why I asked you up top to read this entire post. I'm going to be trying something new this week, letting people vote without actually posting on this thread. How it will work, and why this is happening, is something you will want to know. For one thing, I do want any comments you may have on this subject, please post them. Now, please keep reading, but if you were going to go ahead and vote the regular way go ahead and do that.

I will be posting in the Fanatics Forum instructions on how to vote absentee, I mean basically just send me your vote via PM and when I have time I will post it here. Pretty simple, but work for me, and maybe in future weeks some of you can volunteer to handle these chores, I'll be happy to let you go ahead and do that. Seriously, less work for me, not a problem.

Why am I doing this? These threads used to be a lot more fun, be a lot more interesting, and I'd like to see them get that way again. It isn't just voting that's fun, posting what you want to say, it's also reading what others have to say. We've been losing that as many of our friends, for whatever their reasons, are just avoiding these threads. This isn't the only way to try and get them back, another way would be to change how voting is done, no more voting in the subject line. Comment on that idea, your input is valuable. If you have any different ideas, please share. Thank you, now let's have fun!

The DAWs!

Espada tribe. blue
Dan
Holly
Jane
Jill
Jimmy T
Marty
Tyrone
Yve

La Flor tribe, yellow
Alina
Ben "Benry"
Brenda
Chase
Jud "Fabio"
Kelly B
Kelly S
NaOnka
"Sash" Matthew

Eliminated
ep 1. Wendy (Espada)
ep 2. Shannon (La Flor)
ep 3. Jimmy J (Espada)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Absentee Ballots S21 Ep4"
Posted by dabo on 10-05-10 at 11:39 PM
WOO-HOO! I've received a whopping two (count 'em, 2!) absentee ballots write-in votes, both have been recorded on the voting thread!

"Voted!"
Posted by Jims02 on 10-06-10 at 07:13 PM
*patriotic salute*

Thanks dabo for taking my late vote!

A 2003 IceCat original

"RE: Voted!"
Posted by Corvis on 10-07-10 at 09:07 AM
Thanks, Dabo. It was fun going back and reading why everyone voted for whoever they chose.

"RE: Voted!"
Posted by CTgirl on 10-07-10 at 04:03 PM
I agree Corvis. It's fun to see how everyone views the survivors!

Posted by Tummy on 10-07-10 at 09:51 AM
Voted. I'm going to assume that that thread is safe to wander into and see how things went down. Hoping there are no spoilers for next week in there.

It will be interesting to see how the non-spoiling peeps voted.

I had cast a Holly vote. Shows how much I know!

Posted by dabo on 10-07-10 at 10:58 AM
It's safe to check that thread, no future spoilers in it. And there are no wrong votes.

Posted by Corvis on 10-07-10 at 11:13 AM
As you will see, I also went with Holly. She must have done a complete turnaround since the shoe incident for her to still be there. It's shocking to me that they didn't want to get rid of her, but I guess there's more to her than we've been shown.

Posted by Tummy on 10-07-10 at 12:58 PM
Well, that was interesting! Three of us non-spoiled peeps went with Holly. Editing is truly an art form.

I would have never pick Jimmy T to be the ousted this week. I was torn between Dan and Holly. Wonders if he would have been the chosen one if we were spoiling the old school way. I miss old school.

Next week is going to be pure guesswork for my vote. The tribe shake up is going to leave me clueless. And I like it that way. My only possible hint was Jeff's voice over during previews last night.

Posted by suzzee on 10-08-10 at 09:35 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-08-10 AT 09:35 AM (EST)

I thought it was interesting that we Holly & Dan (michel) voters still went with the older tribe. OK so it's a 50-50 shot, still we got the right tribe and I'll take that as a booyah.