URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 502
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Message to Samatha"

Posted by denver on 04-06-04 at 12:19 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-06-04 AT 12:23 PM (EST)

Teachers spend their day with children like yours, teaching them how to be decent human beings while you spend your day with shallow adults, ignoring your children!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Message to Samatha"
Posted by bigboozer on 04-06-04 at 01:11 PM
That's unfair. Sam has no kids (she was making a joke when she mentioned a kid). Maybe she doesn't want any either, which makes her statement about Rachel valid. I agreed with her. Rachel spends her days with little kids and then goes home to her parents. Some of us prefer to live our lives as adults.

Posted by denver on 04-06-04 at 03:07 PM
Rachel has a JOB which is to teach children. One of the most important jobs there is. I'm sure she is around ADULTS while she is at work and away from work. Rachel lives her life as an adult. What grade level did you graduate from?

"Warning"
Posted by Bebo on 04-06-04 at 03:39 PM
Bashing other posters is not permitted on these forums. Please familiarize yourself with the community guidelines (there's a link at the top of this page) and refrain from such behavior if you wish to continue posting here.

Posted by merkrn on 04-07-04 at 10:37 PM
that's what sam said. she hangs out w/ adults. that,s after she finishes dressing her dog in cloths. when my daughter was six she used to dress her cat in doll coths). When Adam was sending 3 women home, Sam was standing there w/ her hip thrown out to the side and her lips pushed out (again, reminded me of my now 24 yr. old daughter when she was 6 and didn't get her way). come on, who's the adult? I felt so bad for Adam when Melana picked Jason over him. Maybe she saw something in Adam that we didn't pick up. I think Adam was thinkinking w/ the little head when he made his chose. Rachel's a better person then either of them and she deserves better than Adam

Posted by denver on 04-06-04 at 03:58 PM
I apologize. I just thought teaching our future ADULTS is a lot more noble way to spend ones day than rigning up underware and ties for men.

Posted by bigboozer on 04-06-04 at 04:38 PM
She apparently cared more about being on TV than about the kids, though.

Also, if she'd had her way I suspect that she'd have been pregnant w/in 2 years and no longer teaching school anyway.

Posted by denver on 04-06-04 at 04:59 PM
Factual information regarding her request for leave can be found on "Rachel is now unemployed".

Both of Rachel's parent have 70 years of service to the Clarkstown School District, so it is highly unlikly that she would quit teaching. Rachel has plans to build on her education by obtaining her Masters degree. That's not the behavior of someone who doesn't intend on making education their life.

Posted by bigboozer on 04-06-04 at 05:33 PM
I don't hang with schoolteachers so I may be misinformed, but doesn't just about every teacher at least 'work toward' a Master's Degree? I mean, it's an advanced degree in remedial reading. How hard can that be? One class a week? And yes, I do have an advanced degree.

I'm not trying to put down Rachel. I thought she was very cute and nice, but she just didn't have the right approach or the right lifestyle to win him over. She would have lost out to any of the other four too.

Posted by geg6 on 04-07-04 at 08:37 AM
You obviously have no idea how hard a job teaching is and how demanding an MEd program is. I have an MEd and it took me several years of difficult classwork, research, and thesis writing to get it. If you have an advanced degree, then you should appreciate the great teachers (and, admittedly, some not so great teachers) who brought you to the point to which you were able to successfully complete it. Teaching is a low-paying and thankless career, as is apparent from your post. Putting down Rachel for her choice to contribute to society by attempting to lift the opportunities and skills of the next generation is an insult to me and to all who have chosen this as our life's work. I didn't go into this field because it is "easy," I did it because I felt I had something to contribute to my community, as I am sure Rachel did. It gives me great satisfaction and I have had many students over the years who have made me proud.

Posted by merkrn on 04-07-04 at 10:52 PM
her chose doesn't mean she doesn't care about those kids. i was working in a hospital in '69 i wanted to be a nurse more then anything. i chanced loosing my job to go to woodstock. it was a once in a life time experience that i didn't want to miss, and i didn't. i'm still in nursing and i still love what i do. if i had it to do over again, i would still have taken off. My niece and nephew both had rachel as a sub. they thought she was "great" and think it's great that she was on the show. I think the kids are more upset that she was fired then that she left for 3 weeks.my kids went to Clarkstown schools. you don't want my opinion of the school board.

Posted by ladro on 04-07-04 at 00:45 AM
I know the big secret most 2nd grade teachers don't like to talk about, that's probably why Adam picked Sam.

"The Big Secret"
Posted by mrc on 04-07-04 at 09:10 AM
OK, I'll bite (although I suspect I know the answer): what's the big secret?

"RE: The Big Secret"
Posted by ladro on 04-07-04 at 10:36 AM
If told you it wouldn't be a secret.

"Classless to bash"
Posted by PagongRatEater on 04-07-04 at 00:52 AM
I thought it was ridiculous that Sam decided to belittle Rachel's occupation last night. Hey Sam, you went to college to work in a DEPARTMENT STORE. I don't give a #### if it is Barney's, that doesn't make you Mrs. Barney. Teachers are so important and as a parent, I value greatly thier contribution even if you don't.