URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 5019
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"*** S8 - EP9 East Coast Update Thread ***"

Posted by IceCat on 04-01-04 at 07:13 PM
Before 12:00 EST, please use this thread or the Preview Vidcap thread to discuss tonight's episode ..................

SurvivorBlows.com provides this thread as a service to two groups:

1) People who want to post and read about the episode as it is being telecast across the various time zones. If you can't wait for the show to appear in your time zone, read the 'East Coast Update Thread' for an on-the-fly commentary.

2) Those people who want to access other posts on the Spoiler board but do not want to see spoilers before the show is telecast in their timezone.

Please do not post any commentary
about the episodes as they are telecast
in threads other than the ones mentioned
at the start of this post. Thanks

Everyone is welcome to post on this thread!
It's like Spoilers, Fanatics, and Bashers all in one!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Well tonight Jerri gets spanked..."
Posted by IceCat on 04-01-04 at 07:17 PM
I'd rather see the non-entity Shii Ann hit the road.

"RE: Well tonight Jerri gets spanked..."
Posted by Loree on 04-01-04 at 07:51 PM
>I'd rather see the non-entity Shii
>Ann hit the road.

Oh I agree. I really dislike her. Why is she there? At least Jerri is entertaining in a disturbing way. Shii Ann is just annoying.

"Yay but. . ."
Posted by strid333 on 04-01-04 at 07:21 PM
I'm going to a meeting tonight while Survivor will be on. I'm counting on you guys to do a good job. I hope my tape won't screw up.

Three is the perfect number.

"I get the feeling..."
Posted by tinybubs on 04-01-04 at 07:35 PM

...that Jerri's boot was too easy to predict and that we might get surprised tonight. I would lvoe to see her get the boot but would be pleasantly surprised if it was someone else. A.S.S. has been too predictable and it would be fun to see a bit of a shake up. Just a thought.

"RE: I get the feeling..."
Posted by rcjr70 on 04-01-04 at 09:24 PM
Dont you think it was a bit more obvious that amber would be the one to go because of the tribe change?

"Quick Question"
Posted by mistofleas on 04-01-04 at 07:40 PM
Is chat still down?

I'm going to be watching with hubby tonight so no East Coast thread for me, but I'll wanna come chit chat after the show and last time I checked the chat feature was kaput.

Still?

mistofleas --needs her some chat dammit!

"RE: Quick Question"
Posted by speedyforme on 04-01-04 at 07:43 PM
i pray the spoilers will be wrong soon....

this season isnt as fun anymore, and i can tell my excitement is going down...

or maybe cause im busy?

oh well...ill still watch...YAYS

"RE: Quick Question"
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 07:48 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

Misto...yeah chat is still down. As far as I know. It was down last night.

"As Fonzi would say..."
Posted by mistofleas on 04-01-04 at 07:50 PM
Suck-mundo.

Thanks Vols *huggle*

"RE: As Fonzi would say..."
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 07:56 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

*waves* to Misto!

"No discussion after the show"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-01-04 at 09:07 PM
kinda takes the fun out of it

Care to join me for some Soup?

"*pout*"
Posted by Coconut on 04-01-04 at 09:08 PM
No chat? I go away and see what happens.

At home, in comfy clothes, with a sleeping baby and NO CHAT?? *cry*

"Come to Supe Kitchen Nutty!"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-01-04 at 09:26 PM
See link in OT under IM post from cq!

"Final Jeopardy"
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 07:47 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 07:48 PM (EST)

It was funny today. I watched a $30,000 winner from yesterday get whupped by a young guy tonight, badly. Weird. This guy tonight just won over $36,000.

Category: Golf

It's the only one of golf's 4 major pro events in which amateurs are not permitted to play.

Jims02: 2004 CMY Anti-Executee Champ

"RE: Final Jeopardy"
Posted by J Slice on 04-01-04 at 07:57 PM

What is the US Open?

The adventerously kinky Kittyloaf®: accept no substitutes.

Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 07:58 PM
Nope, sorry.

Now what did you wager? Gimme your monies...

"What is ..."
Posted by tinybubs on 04-01-04 at 07:58 PM
the PGA championship?

"It's 10 minutes in what's happening?"
Posted by pinchy on 04-01-04 at 08:01 PM
Is the server slow?

"You..."
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:11 PM
...are correct! Way to go!

Posted by flower on 04-01-04 at 08:08 PM
What is the Masters?

Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:11 PM
Sorry flower. That's what I guessed too.

"First Segment..."
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 08:10 PM
We were shown...previously on Survivor...now we begin at:

Chapera Day 22..Tom and Rupert are cutting a tree. The tree falls and wakes everyone. Rupert says that he and Tom are the worker bees. He hates it when everyone just sleeps all day!

Rupert and Tom go fishing. Tom just sits and watches Rupert fish. Tom says he is going to go fishing today...his first time. Tom is crackin me up! He almost falls into the water. HE GETS A FISH! Now Tom and Rob have caught fish. It is a little fish though.

Mogo Mogo Day 22...Jerri complaining of course...she is wet all the time! BLAH BLAH BLAH, it is beginning to take its toll on Jerri. Kathy is trying to build a fire. Treemail, Shii reads it! They think it is the merge because it says something about making friends. They get green paint. Kathy says she is betting it is a merge. The paint they get is green. They have no idea what to do with it!

Chapera is painting themselves with their paint. Just having a good ole time! Chapera not sure if it is a merge or not...

Mogo Mogo brings their can of paint! Jiffy says there was no direction to do so...why...to show unity. Lex says his canvas is full! They have to line up 1-4 (Mogo) 1-6 (Chapera). Lex goes first and picks Rob to have a chat with. Tom picks Jerri to have a chat with. Shii picked Rupert. Alicia picks Kathy (by default). They get a snack lunch to eat while chatting! They go any place on the beach to chat and eat! Their lunches have cheese and crackers and fruit. Rupert asks Shii who she is getting along with and Shii says everyone but Jerri.

Jerri says this game has almost broke her spirit and it has been a humbling experience.

Shii says Rob is the dangerous one and Rupert agrees!

Jenna has come to major conclusion that this is the beginning of the merge.

They line up and drop their buffs.

Lex is Chapera
Rob is Mogo
Tom is Mogo
Jerri is Chapera
Shii is Chapera
Rupert is Mogo
Kathy is Chapera
Alicia is Mogo
Jenna is Mogo
Amber is Chapera

5-5 and they have to switch camps! Rob is lookin pissed! Everything they left is now the other tribes! Now, they are heading to their new camps

"RE: First Segment..."
Posted by speedyforme on 04-01-04 at 08:12 PM
HAHA, ROB will sooooo try to unleash his wrath...

poor unsuspecting Amber, she will be safe, and that sux

Posted by flygirl on 04-01-04 at 08:12 PM
I don't know how you do it volsfan but that was it in a nutshell!

Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:12 PM
Well, it's looking like a Jerri boot so far. I'm praying that it's Amber though, just for a change.

"RE: *** S8 - EP9 East Coast Update Thread ***"
Posted by Loree on 04-01-04 at 08:11 PM
No surprises so far. Everything had been guessed by the brilliant board members.

"Lamest "twist" ever!"
Posted by Elwood on 04-01-04 at 08:12 PM
Amazing odds for that to happen!

If new Chapera votes of Jerri now, they're simply idiots.

"A sign"
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:13 PM
I think that's a sign from God that this season will be boring. That pair-up again? Yeah, cuz that was *so* awesome during Thailand...

"RE: Lamest "twist" ever!"
Posted by bobstew617 on 04-01-04 at 10:08 PM
>Amazing odds for that to happen!
>
>If new Chapera votes off Jerri
>now, they're simply idiots.

That about sums it up Am I surprised after Lex's strategy to take out Colby and Ethan before Jerri? NOOOOO. MM DESERVES to get wiped out after this.

Posted by LLMax00 on 04-01-04 at 08:12 PM
Wow.
Anyone truly surprised? That was waaaaay amazing.

Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 08:19 PM
Amber already crying to let her be on the same tribe as Rob! BLACH!

Jerri, Lex and Shii are amazed at the camp and they have lots of wood! Amber is actually talking! Lex is liking the wine and fruit! They are chowing down and drinking!

Over to Mogo..still day 22 and they are not happy. Alicia saying that they got the short end of the stick! They have a tiny shelter and very little fire wood. Rob is wondering whether to build a new shelter or not. Jenna says it is a crap camp. All they are doin is complaining. However they have a huge tray of food and wine! They are chowing down too. However, Alicia says they didn't have much to celebrate because they lost Ambuh. The new Mogo has b!tched the entire time!

Back to Chapera...we get a scary close-up of Jerri brushing her teeth. Kathy and Shii go to take a bath. Lex now brushing teeth. Kathy says she is feeling much better.

Mogo..Rob is complaining that he don't have Ambuh...it kills him having her over there by herself. BLAH BLAH BLAH, I am gettin sick!

Night 22...Rob is really missing his Ambuh! OMH! I am sick of it already.

Posted by speedyforme on 04-01-04 at 08:22 PM
its so funny cause this was NO ONES fault, just FATE...

to be angry at anyone is childish...

no one chose to be where they ended up on...

man, boy does the OLD CHAPERA TRIBE SUCK

Posted by pinchy on 04-01-04 at 08:26 PM
Thanks for the fine posts... it's halfway thru and this is all? I hate to complain as much as Rob, but are tonite's posts on "tape delay"?

"Third segment..."
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 08:31 PM
WOW...this is what? Our third episode this season with just one challenge....BORING!

If there are typos this segment...it is because of my buttered fingers from my popcorn!

Treemail and Amber is reading. It's the Survivor trivia challenge. Chapera are shown talking about all the seasons and trying to remember everything!

Mogo are also shown strategizing and trying to remember things from each season. From here on out I am not going to type how many times Rob is worried about Ambuh!

CHALLENGE
Survivor trivia...seasons 1-7 and as a tribe they are to answer and the tribe with the most correct wins.

I am not going to type questions...not enough time.

Both tribes get the first one
Both tribes get the secone 2-2
Chapera got it right 3-2
Mogo got it right 3-3
Bot got it right 4-4
Both got it right 5-5
Both got it right 6-6
Both got it right 7-7
Both got it right 8-8
Both got it right 9-9
Both got it right 10-10
TIE BREAKER
Name the first person voted off in each season in order!
Mogo got them all correct and they win IMMUNITY!

Chapera now has to go to TC. Rob shown lookin at Ambuh...this is so sickening!

Rob whispers to Lex on the way out to take care of her!

"You know you've watched too much Survivor when..."
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:33 PM
...you know all the answers! LOL.

"RE: Third segment..."
Posted by sweetpea on 04-01-04 at 08:33 PM
Rob said=You take care of her andI'll take care of you.
Lex said. I'' do my best!

Posted by flygirl on 04-01-04 at 08:33 PM
Rob desperate to save Ambuh, tries to get Lex to help save her. The scheming should be interesting..........

Posted by Loree on 04-01-04 at 08:33 PM
And Rob wipes away a tear....

Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-01-04 at 08:40 PM
The RobbFadda lives....and everyone else is quaking in their boots....

rightly so....what power does Jerri really think she has....man too funny.

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"Dook ....still sux"

Posted by flygirl on 04-01-04 at 08:35 PM
Rob losing focus in the game. Exposing way too much of his alliance.......may even be making it more "dangerous" for Ambuh.

Posted by LozengeofLove on 04-01-04 at 08:35 PM
Actually it's the fifth (!) time we've only had one challenge:
The first episode
the episode Jenna quit
the episode Sue quit
the mysterious one day long episode
and now this.

What an awful season this is turning out to be.

"Lex"
Posted by Loree on 04-01-04 at 08:41 PM
Here we go again with Lex feeling obligated to tell the person that is leaving. He is having "the chat" with Jerri. Looks like the tribe is worried that Rob will hold a grudge if they boot Amber.

"RE: Lex"
Posted by sweetpea on 04-01-04 at 08:43 PM
Next week's "anger". Lex is booted by Rob if tribes merge?

Posted by Asrai on 04-01-04 at 10:50 PM
Nice summaries, Vols! However, you seem to missing something important:

If there are typos this segment...it is because of my buttered fingers from my popcorn!

But, the question I have is this: did ALL the kernels pop? C'mon, Vols, don't leave me hanging...I MUST know!!

*giggle*

Sigpic crafted by the master himself, IceCat!

"OMG"
Posted by anotherkim on 04-01-04 at 08:41 PM
Sooooooooooo. Keeping someone who has a strong alliance in place makes more sense than keeping a tight 5???? WTF?? They deserve to be beaten. Since when is Rob the god of Survivor #####?

Miscellaneous Ramblings
--stupidity makes me ill.

"Jeff"
Posted by CantStandToLook on 04-01-04 at 08:47 PM
Jeff said "Jerri the tribe has spoke" when he should have said "Jerri...the RobFadda has spoken"

Handcrafted by RollDdice
"I think Akim's gonna be sick"

"Tribal Council"
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 08:46 PM
* I must admit it looks like Lex is an idiot if he votes Jerri out tonight! However, if he thinks he could get the upper hand with Rob by keeping Ambuh till merge...then Rob would "owe" Lex big time! Maybe..just my thoughts...now back to our show:

Pelican dive!

Mogo Day 24. They think Ambuh is gone! Alicia said we won but getting rid of one of their own. They are drinking to Ambuh staying! Rob is all hurting and sitting by himself. He has put an A on his arm for Ambuh...I am surprised he knew what her name starts with.

Kathy is saying that she heard what Rob told Lex. Kathy and Shii are talking and looks like they want Ambuh gone! Kathy don't want to play into Rob's hand. However, they realize he will be pissed if they get rid of Ambuh.

Ambuh tells Kathy to vote for Jerri. Jerri is weaker and Ambuh can win challenges. Ambuh says she is gonna promise and promise to stay in the game. Kathy and Ambuh are sitting whispering. Kathy says it makes since to keep Ambuh and that Rob will be mad. Lex is now thinking of keeping Ambuh. WOW! This is happening exactly as I said in my opening paragraph!

Lex goes and tells Jerri that she is going home tonight. Lex says that with the alliances over on the other tribe and that what Rob said...he thinks it is in the tribe's best interest to get rid of Jerri. Jerri says that she will be true to Lex till the end and not to boot her. Kathy, Shii and Lex are shown talking about options once they merge.

Off the TC...Jiffy talking about the shuffle and two BIG events occurred. Chapera got a new camp and Ambuh got shuffled! Ambuh says that she was upset for one night and now she is ok with it! Shii is saying that 20 days with the other guys would not be erased by 3 days with them. Jerri said that Ambuh was her outback sista? WTF? Did they like each other? Time to vote...

Lex
Jerri votes Ambuh
Shii
Ambuh votes Jerri
Kathy

Jiffy to tally the votes!

1st vote: Jerri
2nd vote: Amber
3rd vote: Jerri
4th vote: Jerri

BYE BUH JERRI!

Jerri hugs and kisses em all and says it has been an honor to spend this time with them. Now she says she is going to eat some chocolate!

"RE: Tribal Council"
Posted by Loree on 04-01-04 at 08:47 PM
Well Jerri left with class.

"Great Job Vols!!"
Posted by tinybubs on 04-01-04 at 08:48 PM
Thanks for typing this up again. You're amazing, even with buttered fingers.

"Thanks vols"
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 08:50 PM
Fastest fingers in the land!

I still think that Jerri didn't come off *too* bad. I'm gonna kinda miss her... in a weird way.

"RE: Thanks vols"
Posted by volsfan on 04-01-04 at 08:52 PM
Jims...can it be any other way with you but weird!

Thanks for all the kind words...I have sort of gotten used to doing this!

"Will you miss her"
Posted by moonbaby on 04-01-04 at 08:54 PM
the way Rob misses Ambuh?

"RE: Will you miss her"
Posted by Jims02 on 04-01-04 at 09:05 PM
NO!

...But I think the show loses a lot of entertainment value without Jerri.

"DING DONG, THE WITCH IS DEAD!!!"
Posted by Round Robin on 04-01-04 at 10:17 PM
I won't miss her a bit!

"RE: Thanks vols"
Posted by Magic Fingers on 04-01-04 at 08:56 PM
WOW Vols...awesome job!! I just got home from a massage to see the end but it was nice to have a rundown of the show. I think I will still watch the west coast feed.

Ok Vols can have a massage too!!

Posted by flygirl on 04-01-04 at 08:55 PM
Agreed. Jerri played and left with class. She accomplished what she went there to do. Still - the stupidest move yet by Lex to vote off the one who had his back.

Posted by GoldCoastDeb on 04-01-04 at 09:25 PM
Thanks vols. Your's posts are great. I'm a newbie at posting but have been reading the posts here for a year or so. I'm in Australia and we are a week behind the States. I can never resist reading what happens a week ahead though. THis is a great site.

"Lex next week!"
Posted by railfan on 04-01-04 at 08:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 09:03 PM (EST)

Based on the preview only, there's a merge, and Rob "goes back on his word" and takes down Lex as his biggest challenge rival. I also need that badly to avoid having to change my PTTE, so maybe some wishful thinking, but wanted to go on record now...someday I might even be able to challenge the almighty Krautboy...sensational job this week, KB!!!!!!!

Just read sweetpeas's post...way to go, sp, beat me by ten minutes!

"RE: Lex next week!"
Posted by sweetpea on 04-01-04 at 08:57 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-01-04 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

Edited to say that I just rewatched next week's promo and it sounds like a female voice who Rob is talking to about going back on his word.

"RE: Lex next week!"
Posted by SouperStar on 04-01-04 at 10:04 PM
>I just rewatched next week's promo and it sounds like a female
>voice who Rob is talking to about going back on his word.

I thought it sounded like Rupert trying to interrupt.

"Not So Fast"
Posted by samboohoo on 04-01-04 at 09:18 PM
It sounded an awful lot like Alicia . . .

Samboohoo

"RE: Not So Fast"
Posted by bobstew617 on 04-01-04 at 10:13 PM
It sounded an awful lot like Alicia . . .

That's what I thought, at least initially. But then, MB plays with our minds, so it could be anyone. Rob has made alliances with so many people in the game. I wish someone would call him out on it, but I think these folks are too stupid to do that. It took a dominant alliance to take out the Robfadda in S4, and that's the ONLY way he's going this time, except until the Final 3.

"Alicia"
Posted by Angelfood on 04-01-04 at 10:44 PM
Please let that be a CBS misdirection and mean that Alicia is safe! What is everyone thinking trusting the Robfadda?? RobC shoulda ousted him as his flame was extinguished!

btw, Hi Y"ALL!!!
I don't do spoiling but I heard of this thread.
I love that its for all 3 forums!

AF

"Can someone 'splain..."
Posted by dabo on 04-01-04 at 10:38 PM
Just what the heck would have been such a bad thing about ticking off Rob?

Couldn't Lex, Shii Ann and Kathy have used Jan's last brain cell to figure out Rob is only one vote on the jury (if he's on the jury) while they are at least one (possibly three) votes on the jury (four if they'd taken Jerri along)?

(shakes, help me out here, did that whole play make no sense at all?)

"RE: Can someone 'splain..."
Posted by flygirl on 04-01-04 at 10:48 PM
Lex is thinking again! I don't know WHAT he's thinking, but he's thinking. Also, please 'splain how ROMBER is supposed to save all of them???? Only his tribe and the ones he promised to help left! Can't Lex, Kathy and Shi-Ann count??

"RE: Can someone 'splain..."
Posted by Witless on 04-01-04 at 11:04 PM
I think Lex figures that the new Chapera are outnumbered by the new Mogo Mogo and they all seem to expect Rob to win a string of immunities, which does seem probable. So I think Lex is figuring that this is the way he will save himself from being Pagonged.

If it had been me, Ambuh would have been out the door and I'd have taken my chances on making a new alliance with some of Rob's teammates, who have to be looking at him and thinking that he is on a straight run toward the F2 if he isn't stopped.

I would have kept King Richard and Colby, too, and dumped Shii Ann and Jerri earlier, so what do I know.

"I think its a good move by Lex"
Posted by shakes the clown on 04-01-04 at 11:30 PM
>Couldn't Lex, Shii Ann and Kathy
>have used Jan's last brain
>cell to figure out Rob
>is only one vote on
>the jury

...they're not thinking about the jury at this point, they're just thinking about Rob being a possible inroad to keeping themselves in the game longer.
>
>
>(shakes, help me out here, did
>that whole play make no
>sense at all?)

..I think it makes a lot of sense. Rumor has it that Lex had pre-show alliances wiht Rob and Tom. He knows that Rob has Amber as well in his back pocket. Rob knows that Lex has Shiann in his back pocket. Lex is thinking that if he can get to the merge with his big three he can team up with Rob/Tom/Amber and take out Rupe/Alicia/Jenna. Lex knew that the only way Rob is gonna make a deal with him is if he enters the merge with no other options. Having Jerrri along would've made Lex too powerful at the merge and therefore less desirable for Rob to want to team up with him.

Lex knew that if he went into the merge with Jerri as well he would've still been outnumbered 5-4 and still susceptible to a pagonging. So, why not cut one of your own, make yourself look weaker going into the merge and give yourself a chance to work a shift in the Chapera alliance.

I don't think Lex had a better play at this point in the game. As it was, he was looking at a pagonging. now, he is still looking at a pagongin, but at least now he goes into the merge with at least one bargaining chip as opposed to no bargaining chips.

"RE: I think its a good move by Lex"
Posted by dabo on 04-02-04 at 00:09 AM
mm-hm, understand everything you said, but i still would like to know...

What would have been so bad about ticking off Rob?

Once they get to the jury stage they all have to think about how to win over the jury in the end, even Rob. Rob without Amber would have been hobbled, he wouldn't have liked it but so what?

Posted by redbeard103152 on 04-02-04 at 07:28 AM
Rob is the leader of the new Mongo. Right now he controls the game. The current Mongo team all have strong ties to Amber. Booting Amber would not only anger the Robfather it would also lead to the rest of the unitified Mongos to seek revenge on the Chapperas for booting their former teamate. Lex really had no choice if he wanted to stay in the game because as Chaperas leader he would be the first to go after Ambers boot. Robs offer to help later was meant as both a promise and a threat. Lex is smart enough to realise that he will not win II for the rest of the challenges and that it would be his head on the chopping board.RedBeard

Posted by dabo on 04-02-04 at 07:38 AM
Lex&Jerri were outnumbered once Kathy&ShiiAnn decided to throw in with Amber, so he did what was best for himself. NewMogo has two OrigSabura though, Jenna and Rupert, who potentially could be cultivated away from Rob's control if Amber were out of the game, especially if Rob were to go on a rampage in an effort to resolidify his power base.

Posted by SnowBunny on 04-02-04 at 00:25 AM
In Jerri's survivor insider clip pre-TC (now on the CBS site), she makes note of Lex's plans to pair with Tom after merge.

Posted by Loree on 04-02-04 at 09:01 AM
I noticed when Amber and Kathy were talking about teaming up with Tom they did not mention Shii Ann. They were saying Rob & Amber, Lex & Kathy with Tom. No mention of Shii Ann.

Lex must think Rob has a gut like him. And that gut goes crazy and takes out anyone that crosses him. So Lex understood what would happen if they booted Amber. Rob would turn into Lex from Africa.