URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID44
Thread Number: 501
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"No Wildcard Show?"

Posted by Jethro on 02-26-04 at 03:10 PM
I am ASSUMING there will be a wildcard show since they seem to be following the same formula as the first 2 seasons... HOWEVER... in the first 2 seasons, Ryan always said something like, "You didn't make it through tonight but you could come back as a wildcard finalist." Has he even mentioned the term "wildcard" this year? Maybe they're going to do something different to fill in those last 4 slots this year. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: No Wildcard Show?"
Posted by 712 on 02-26-04 at 03:58 PM
Yes, Ryan explained on the night of group 1 that there would be four groups, followed by the wildcard show. Same as last year.

Posted by mochacchino23 on 02-26-04 at 04:05 PM
Luckily I have just reviewed my tape for this season. Ryan did mention a wild card show once. He did it at the beginning of the first show for this round. Some people confused me by saying that the wild cards will only come from the final group of 32. Then I watched the tape, and Ryan said that the wild card could come from any phase of the audition. He said that even William Hung can come back. I know that was a joke, but that's good news for the people who want to see Scooter girl again.

Posted by lyrker on 02-27-04 at 02:08 AM
I think it's bizarre they've made anti-celebrities out of the worst singers. I hope they don't put out albums...

"Live every day as if it were your last, because one of these days, it will be."
- Jeremy Schwartz

"More information on Wildcard Show"
Posted by Bebo on 03-03-04 at 08:22 AM
LAST EDITED ON 03-03-04 AT 08:30 AM (EST)

Last night, Paula Abdul gave a little bit more information on the wildcard show during Entertainment Tonight. She said that 12 people will be invited back for wildcard slots, but only 8 of them will make it on the air. She, Randy, and Simon will eliminate 4 contenders during rehearsals.

Snarky, smart, S7 Anti-Bootee Champ

Posted by geg6 on 03-03-04 at 10:00 AM
It's also listed in TVGuide for next week. The show should run 1:30, so it's obviously been super sized.