URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 500
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Bo Bice's "The Real Thing""

Posted by geekboy on 12-15-05 at 08:48 PM
Bo has hit a homerun w/ his debut CD. I went and bought it the morning of the day it was released. Its a damn good CD, and i think he is going to outshine Carrie, but ihave to say her CD is damn good too.

Every track on Bo's CD is good and i think teh weakest track is the first single "The Real Thing", ironically. There are several potential "hits" on the CD and i hope it get the promotion and backing from Clive.

Go out and buy it if you haven't. You won't be disappointed.

The final two tracks "Willing to Try" and "Valley of Angels" are incredible tracks and display Bo's voice exceptionally.

geekboy

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Bo Bice's "The Real Thing""
Posted by Breezy on 12-22-05 at 03:16 PM
I bought Bo's on the release day too. I like it. Not sure that I will buy Carrie's though. I saw her video for "Jesus take the wheel", awful. Just dreadful. I don't know if they wanted her lips to not match her words or what; but horrible, horrible video.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.— Wayne Dyer

Posted by weltek on 12-22-05 at 04:05 PM
I'm a little disappointed in Carrie's music. Lyrically, the songs just don't seem to fit her.

I'll have to check Bo's out.

Posted by brvnkrz on 12-22-05 at 07:23 PM
I'm with Breezy. That video was hideous and I thought I was watching amateur hour tv.

It's a Syren

Posted by geekboy on 12-22-05 at 08:46 PM
Hi Breezy -

I've only seen Carrie's video once, and i guess i didn't pay that much attention to it in terms of her lip synching. The video wasn't all that memorable, although i really like the song.

Her CD is good, but not as good as Bo's in terms of overall quality and variety. Its definately a country CD w/ a pop edge, a'la Shania, but it could have been better, definately.

I'm still listening to Bo's alot and really enjoying it. Again, the only track i skip over is the first, "The Real Thing". I can't figure out why they chose that as the first single. But i'm not a record exec, i guess...

geekboy

Posted by Seabisquit on 12-27-05 at 04:48 PM
There is no way Bo Bice could ever outshine Carrie. No comparison. He is a druggy bum. She is a country queen.

Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-27-05 at 09:00 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-27-05 AT 09:01 PM (EST)

"He is a druggy bum."

I definitely do not agree with this. Just because he did drugs in the past, does not mean he does them now, and he's certainly not a "bum". He's married to a woman he loves, he's a father, he's a member of a church, he's working hard on his career amidst health problems, he's a respected member of the music community.

What about all of that indicates that he's a "bum"?

Sigpic by Seana

Posted by goldie1000 on 12-27-05 at 09:13 PM
I love Bo's new CD !
He has alot of talent and I enjoy his music anyday.
And I will buy his next CD also.

I guess if we didn't buy anyones music who is a druggy bum,
we wouldn't have any CD's in our collection !
Elvis was a druggy and an alcoholic, yet millions still bought his albums..... go figure

Posted by DooWahDitty on 12-27-05 at 09:53 PM
"I guess if we didn't buy anyone's music who is a druggy bum,
we wouldn't have any CD's in our collection!"

Got that right. I'm sure Carrie doesn't fall into that category, but I'll bet more than 75-80% (or more) do!

I like Bo's stuff too. I sure hope his health problems become a thing of the past soon. What a lot to have on one's plate. New marriage, new baby, new career, touring, recording, performing. Not surprising he's had some challenges.

Posted by goldie1000 on 12-28-05 at 02:25 PM
Yes Doo Wah, there are alot of pressures now adays that come with being famous for sure.
And addiction to drugs can be just as bad as an addiction to alcohol, smoking, food or sex etc........
"It makes no difference to me"
Everyone has had some sort of addiction in thier life.

But, regardless, I still admire Bo for being where he is and where he has come from.
He has made great strides and I would never slam him for smoking a joint. Go Bo Go !!!!
"Whatever makes you happy, go for it"

Do what makes you happy and not what others think you should be doing with your life.
The people who slam him are just jealous, because their lives are empty and pathetic.

No one is perfect.
And if you believe you are perfect you are delusional.
Bo is great and will continue to be great
He has a god given talent that is remarkable.

Posted by okaychatt on 01-18-06 at 06:03 PM
<Elvis was a druggy and an alcoholic, yet millions still bought his albums..... go figure

Hi goldie.

I've never been able to understand Elvis' appeal to the masses.

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Posted by nailbone on 01-19-06 at 05:37 PM
You know, my kids have a friend who refuses to listen to current bands like System of a Down or Wheezer because "they sing about doing drugs and stuff". Instead she LOVES the Beatles and the Grateful Dead and Phish.

The irony is not lost on my 15-year-old son and nephew.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-

Posted by Kattrikk on 01-18-06 at 02:21 AM
I finally got it and LOVE it! Oh why oh why couldn't Bo have won? I absolutely adore him. To me, he *IS* the real thing. He has presence and experience that the others couldn't rival. In fact I think he was too experienced. I don't think his fan base were big on voting. I am sure most viewers older than 20 liked him more.

Posted by nailbone on 01-19-06 at 05:34 PM
i agree wholeheartedly. If you don't have it, get it.

Sig by Cyg

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster o-