URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4998
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Good News for Ethan"

Posted by michel on 05-15-10 at 07:37 PM
According to this article, Ethan's cancer is in remission:

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20369764,00.html

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Good News for Ethan"
Posted by iltarion on 05-16-10 at 02:39 AM

Great news. Good post.

>

"Bad news..."
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 11-02-11 at 09:29 PM
The cancer's back.

Article from People

"RE: Bad news..."
Posted by iltarion on 11-03-11 at 00:57 AM

That sux, but on the other hand, I did not know it was Hodgkin's lymphona. That is one of the more beatable cancers. He can still have a long life.

>

Posted by Belle Book on 11-03-11 at 05:02 PM
That is bad, but at least he isn't on The Amazing Race and if it's Hodgkin's lymphoma, it's more easily beatable than other cancers, apparently. I'll pray for him.

Posted by Flowerpower on 11-14-11 at 11:39 AM
LAST EDITED ON 11-14-11 AT 11:39 AM (EST)

Hodgkins Lymphoma is one of the more treatable cancers because the majority of patients that get it are alive in 5 years. Five year survival rates for people diagnosed with stage four, which is the worst stage where the disease has progressed to multiple areas in the body, is 65%. With those diagnosed with a Stage 1 disease, where it is localized and not spread to multiple areas, is 90%. That leaves those with stage 4 having a 35% mortality within 5 years, and with a stage 1 diagnosis, 10% mortality within 5 years.

While most are cured from this disease, Ethan has a type that is shown to be resistant to some treatments, which I'd say doesn't bode as well as having one that is. I'd say Ethan needs all the prayers that we can muster for a recovery from this horrible disease.

Sending all the positive vibes, well wishes, and prayers to Ethan every day!

Posted by suzzee on 11-16-11 at 11:30 AM
I'm on board with thoughts and prayers, hang in there Ethan.

A Tribe masterpiece

Posted by agman on 11-17-11 at 11:18 AM

It's depressing when they say "beatable" and mean you can live around five more years or so. When my mother had breat cancer they told her the same thing. Five years is NOT a long time.