URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4995
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Question about Rupert and Sandra"

Posted by ShellyMay on 05-14-10 at 09:51 AM
I'm sorry if this has been addressed somewhere else - I'm not good at searches. Why so much animosity between Rupert & Sandra? They were together in AllStars - in fact, she was so mad that the others voted him out, she threw out all his fish saying they didn't get to benefit from him if they were against him. This season he hasn't trusted her from the outset and she seems to bait him. I read his exit interview on Reality News Online and there really wasn't anything in there. Has anyone read an interview or article that talks about it? Just very curious.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Question about Rupert and Sandra"
Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-14-10 at 04:08 PM
No Sandra was not in All-Stars. Rupert and Sandra played together in Pearl Islands. But I agree, they were friends in Pearl Islands. And Sandra did seem to want to be with Rupert when she was feeding him the info about Russell. I found the statements each made at Tribal Council odd. I think that when Rupert told Russell Sandra was trying to get him out she got upset and then turned on Rupert. I am not sure why Rupert tried to buddy up with Russell over Sandra. Even after Russell call him a dumbass. My guess is that Sandra got pissed at Rupert for turning on her even though Sandra was doing everything in her power to side with Rupert. Rupert blew it by squeeling on her. Rupert aint really the nice guy everyone wanted to believe he was. He wasn’t very nice to the other side of the Heroes tribe…including Colby until he had to be.

Posted by michel on 05-14-10 at 05:54 PM
I haven't read anything from Rupert yet but we know that Sandra and Rupert haven't kept in touch over the last few years. What probably started as simply drifting apart increased when this game put them on opposite sides.

Candice said that she voted against Amanda because she knew her vote wouldn't matter, she even said in Ponderosa that it was Sandra who kept flipping and flopping from one side to the other. It sounded like spin to make herself look better but what if it wasn't entirely false? Rupert may have found out that Sandra was as much responsible for voting out Amanda as Candice was despite the edited version.

Also, like WJ wrote, Poopert isn't that nice and we know he can't stand receiving votes. Sandra voted against him instead of Danielle.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 05-17-10 at 12:38 PM
Michel I believe Candice said she did not realize how serious Sandra was about switching sides.

We found out in the finale that it was the Heroes that were just idiots. Candice and Rupert pretty much acknowledged that.

What I don’t understand is all the love for Rupert. He wasn’t the smartest player this game ever experienced. He had a person who was diehard loyal to him from a previous season reach out to him and instead he wanted to align with Russell over her. Even to the point where he would rather give Russell an immunity necklace than take a chance with his old friend. The producers of this show came right out and called one team Heroes and the other VILLIANS. I just don’t see why the Heroes did not take the hint. I mean, just look at Russell…his appearance has villain written all over him….did he need a tattoo on his forehead??????

Even the viewers to make Rupert a finalist in the Popular vote again. The whole first half of the game Rupert was not very likable. The Second half of the game Rupert was just dumb. The guy also has the most inflated ego ever……”I am a Hero”. I think Russell had it right. LOL. Can we have a vote for the most overrated Survivor player ever? Rupert gets my vote for that.

Posted by michel on 05-17-10 at 03:55 PM
"He had a person who was diehard loyal to him from a previous season"

Did you ever listen to the commentaries on the PI DVD? Sandra, Christa and Rupert comment on many episodes. The women talk about their plans to vote the pirate out after Morgan had been eliminated. Rupert had to remember that so he couldn't consider her entirely loyal to him. And she did vote against Rupert during Danielle's vote.

Posted by iltarion on 05-17-10 at 10:13 PM

Obviously, all the conjecture about Rupert and Sandra was unfounded. They are good friends and remain so. His vote for her was never a question.

Candice was scrambling to try to explain why she flipped. Amanda and JT didn't believe any of it and neither do I.

Yeah, Sandra voted for Rupert. Rupert also voted for Sandra. So, no big deal.

Despite what she said at FTC, Sandra's loyalty extends to herself in the game and no one else. Rupert is probably aware of this by now though.

>

Posted by michel on 05-17-10 at 10:37 PM
Watch this clip of Rupert the day after. Just before the end he says: "I won't be writing Sandra's name down for the million again."

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor/video/?pid=BKl1XK2Evh3bbEJTwmz2AgcyWODZ2alK&vs=homepage&play=true

In his post seasons interview he mentioned being impressed by Parvati:

"Once you were voted off, who were rooting for?"
"I will have to say that I hope our one last Hero makes it to the final three. I would love to see a Hero sitting in that final Tribal Council. The odds are kind of stacked against him, so I don't know. It is probably that 1000 to 1 shot. And I have to say, Parvati, even though she's a villain, she is the one that stood up every time with the Immunity Challenges ... people were dropping out for food and Parvati stood there. I wasn't really happy with that, but it gave me more respect for her."

I guess Rupert figured he could still be Sandra's friend and millionaires are good friends to have.

Posted by iltarion on 05-17-10 at 10:49 PM

Yeah, Rupert says a lot that means little. I think he likes to hear himself talk.
In the end, he voted the way I knew he'd vote. The rest is the drama queen's attempt to add drama.

>

Posted by garcor on 05-17-10 at 10:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-10 AT 10:24 PM (EST)

Thought Rupert played well after the JT idol fiasco. Unfortunately it was too late by then.

Do wonder how serious Sandra was about getting Russell out. At some point I think she might have said; well if the Heroes aren't going to cooperate why not keep Russell around until the end. No way I can't beat him. And he's not threatening to have me voted out.

Posted by Belle Book on 05-18-10 at 04:44 PM
I think she was serious about voting RussHell out even after Candice flipped, but once Danielle was gone -- and especially after Rupert was gone -- she decided to keep RussHell around. He wasn't going to beat her, although she sure could convince him he could!