URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4977
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Courtney."

Posted by kingfish on 04-16-10 at 08:21 AM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-10 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

I found myself being entertained by Courtney. So skinny it was almost painful to watch her (I mean really, I was reminded of those horrible WWII concentration camp pictures), but, recalling her appearance in the Final for China, with a few full meals she can be pretty presentable. And she had some of the best lines and a very quick acerbic wit which is really the basis of my admiration.

I put Courtney in the column of Survivors I like. She didn't get too much face time, but she did receive a positive edit (IMO) this time. In contrast to her "China" edit.

I like Courtney.

Nepharious!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Courtney."
Posted by jbug on 04-16-10 at 10:15 AM
I like Courtney.

Do you prefer bbq?
baked?
fried?

& which is your favorite part?
the leg?
breast?
thigh?
or the skinny neck?

Posted by kingfish on 04-16-10 at 10:27 AM
I'm afraid even the Donner Party would have tossed her back.

Posted by mindy23 on 04-16-10 at 10:56 AM
That's pretty funny-about the Donner party, and all. And the way she got on Shane's nerves during that season, she really WAS a bit entertaining. But this time, she got almost no air time to speak of. There was this quasi-alliance with Sandra, but even Sandra voted to boot her off. What was THAT about?

I haven't yet figured out what the heck is going on with either of these tribes! Just when I think the hero's are stupid and the villans are actually pretty nice, they flip and make me think otherwise. In reality, I think Colby and Jerry, mostly due to the maturity, are the only NICE and SMART people left.

Russell may be smart, may be lucky, may be just waiting for lightening to strike a second time. Not sure about that. But for some reason, felt Courtney was a threat, so out she went. I think that was mostly to show JT who was REALLY running the show, don't y'all??

It's all so crazy. I feel like I'm spending 40 minutes of my time in La-La Land with Jeffy as the host.

But it should be interesting to have Court and Coach on the jury. Especially since they are over there at the Ponderosa talking it up with the Rombers and whoever.......tune in next week folks...

Posted by Snidget on 04-16-10 at 11:32 AM
Did you see Sandra's first season.

Alliance or not she will vote the way people want her to vote, as long as it ain't for her.

Posted by Brownroach on 04-16-10 at 01:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-16-10 AT 01:30 PM (EST)

Sandra was smart. When you know it's between you and one other person, always vote for the other person.

ETA: I didn't see China so this was my first encounter with Courtney. I liked her too, though she didn't get much face time. I sensed she must have come across snarkier the first time.

A tribe glows in Brooklyn

Posted by CTgirl on 04-16-10 at 05:14 PM
She was waaay snarkier in China, to the point where a lot of people didn't like her (or didn't get her sense of humor). I thought she was hysterical and was disappointed she didn't have a chance to comment on more people this season.

Posted by michel on 04-16-10 at 06:34 PM
BR, if you ever find the time to watch China, I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

Courtney was hilarious. She never pretended that she was a strong player but she enjoyed making fun of those that thought they were. If you liked her imitation of Russell, you'd love her "Jean Robert".

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 04-16-10 at 02:41 PM
>Did you see Sandra's first season.
>
>
>Alliance or not she will vote
>the way people want her
>to vote, as long as
>it ain't for her.

She knew Courtney was going home so she just voted with the group to appear as part of the group. Then when the merge happens..next week she is not seen as a sure flopper. Actually she did a good job of appearing less likely to flop then Courtney. Sandra has been playing brilliantly.

Posted by tribephyl on 04-16-10 at 03:01 PM
And the way she got on Shane's nerves during that season, she really WAS a bit entertaining.

Interesting that you can picture her arguing with Shame, even though they've never played together.
Two different Courtney's. Shane was on Panama (with Courtney Marit), this Courtney was on China (No Shane's in China).

I do agree that this season is very crazy and that's sure to get amped up with the revelation of two idols and a merge on the horizon.

Oh and those who go to Loser Lodge are "usually" sent on mini-vacations, versus those who go to Ponderosa who are stuck on the jury, and forced to come back every three days. So it's highly doubtful Coach and Courtney have a chance to "talk it up" with Rob or any other previously booted survivor.

Posted by PsychoKitty on 04-16-10 at 04:53 PM
I love it! How times have changed when someone thinks Jerri is one of the nicest people ;)

This has been a true flip floppy season. Courtney was a threat in that people might prefer to vote for her over Russell; and as others have said, Sandra voted against her to save her own hide. Not a bad strategy!

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by iltarion on 04-16-10 at 07:02 PM

I don't get the whole Courtney thing.

We all know people like her. They don't actively participate because they are lazy or because they are above trying. So, instead, they just sit there and rip everyone who actually tries.

I my opinion people like that SUCK. peace/out

>

Posted by michel on 04-17-10 at 01:37 PM

>I don't get the whole Courtney
>thing.

Let me help you then...

>We all know people like her.
>They don't actively participate because
>they are lazy or because
>they are above trying.

Courtney didn't ask to participate on Survivor. Someone liked her personality and asked her to go on the show. She knew this wasn't her element but she decided to go anyway. Many shy away.

When she got there, her goal was to avoid being the first one voted out. Her comment about that first challenge at FTC were quite telling: "I thought: This thing weighs fifty pounds...I'm going to die...". She didn't. She carried that "thing" and stayed up there, right behind James, keeping the pace so her team could win. After that, she realized that Todd was in charge. Not Aaron, not James, not Jean RoBear or even Amanda. She saw that Todd was the one to follow and it got her to F3. I call that participating, I call that trying. What did you want her to do? Challenge James to a weightlifting contest?

>So, instead, they just sit there
>and rip everyone who actually
>tries.

In Survivor as in the real world we need people who can sit back and tell us that our actions are stupid. The witty way she expresses her opinion is truly enjoyable.

Posted by iltarion on 04-17-10 at 02:04 PM

Yeah, the world needs more Courtney's like we need more bombs.

>

Posted by kingfish on 04-17-10 at 08:27 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-17-10 AT 09:24 PM (EST)

Bombs?

See...right there... Her snarky wit is funny and entertaining, she could have said what you said but she would have made it entertaining, smarter.

She has the touch say essentially what you said, except in an entertaing way.

Posted by iltarion on 04-18-10 at 00:07 AM

Well, of course, it takes a lot of wit to not participate in an activity and just criticize everyone who does. Those people are hilarious.
I, on the other hand, as prior posts would show, have never said anything witty. That's because Courtney is so much smarter than me.

>

Posted by sol on 04-18-10 at 08:27 PM
I'm not sure about you never saying anything witty, but I know from your posts here, and on the Love/Loathe thread, we are not watching the same show.

And a comment that you made on an earlier post deserves a response.

We all know people like her. They don't actively participate because they are lazy or because they are above trying. So, instead, they just sit there and rip everyone who actually tries.

Let's see, Courtney has participated on Survivor twice ... just how many times have you participated? And isn't what you are doing "ripping her"?

Posted by michel on 04-18-10 at 10:02 PM
To be fair, you can't participate if you aren't cast. 300 out of 300 million have participated so the odds aren't good.

Courtney herself says that what she does best is being a lazy b*tch. She is an acquired taste!

Posted by iltarion on 04-19-10 at 04:28 PM

We are watching the same show... I imagine the origin of our different opinions lie elsewhere.

If you are reading the Love/Loathe list, I encourage you to post there. Not many of us are left.

>

Posted by sol on 04-17-10 at 01:00 PM
I really like Courtney, she is one of my all time faves. I loved her snarkiness in China, and was looking forward to seeing much more of it in H v. V. Unfortunately I had to wait until Ponderosa clips to see much of her.

Courtney strikes me as a person who is comfortable in her own skin, and doesn't really care what others think of her. And when others have something to say about her, they are really revealing their personality - not hers.

Posted by kingfish on 04-19-10 at 08:17 AM
At least in Courtney we have maybe the best guess so far to the old oft asked but never satisfactorily answered question, "What is lighter than Janu?"

At least it's a better answer that my "Helium filled tied balloon animals", because, skinny as they are, balloons do have three dimensions, whereas with both Janu and Courtney the jury is still on that.