URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4972
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Interesting..."

Posted by crs3192 on 04-03-10 at 06:06 PM
*WARNING...THIS CONTAINS MILD SPOILERS*

**********************************************************************************************************************************

I was skimming through the interview with Boston Rob on the front page when I noticed they asked him about the differences between his first time (or even his second) on the show and this third time.

He commented that he thought that everyone had given up on the actual "survival" aspect and it just became a game of mind tricks and the such.
I think this is SO TRUE. Tribes are no longer voting for the strongest or the most helpful on the island, as they used to. They don't care about who can make a fire, catch food, or build shelter. All they care about is getting the farthest in the game.

In a way, this makes the intensity of the game go up, but it also detracts from it. The whole show is about survival of the fittest...but now its survival of the...meanest? Most cunning?

I'm going to miss Rob! That's all I can say.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Interesting..."
Posted by Snidget on 04-03-10 at 06:12 PM
We do have a discussion thread for the RTVW and other interviews in the Spoilers forum (as a lot of them do have some mild spoilers or something people want to discuss as a spoiler)

Posted by michel on 04-03-10 at 07:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 04-03-10 AT 07:41 PM (EST)

This comes from the guy who voted out Hunter instead of Sarah!!! Laughable. Survivor has ALWAYS been about alliances.
Even this time, if he agrees to vote out Courtney, he may have survived.

Posted by Dakota on 04-08-10 at 01:15 PM
It always amazes me that tribes start "eating their own" before they've beat the other tribe. They size each other up, decide who's a threat, and instead of working together to survive and beat the other tribe, their first priority, they decide who in their own tribe they need to eliminate. I also think the producers stopped emphasizing hunger, searching for food, boiling water, because it got old and boring. The backstabbing makes for better TV.

Agman is the best-2010