URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 497
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"surprised by Out of Practice"

Posted by zipperhead on 09-27-05 at 10:57 AM
Somehow ended up watching this new sitcom the other night. I am not and never have been a Henry Winkler fan; nor does Stockard Channing usually fill my sails. However, I must say that Channing made me laugh a couple of times.

The writers did a decent job, even though you could see a lot of the jokes coming (granted - original material is virtually impossible now that Will & Grace have depleted the gay jokes files).

One thing I can't figure out is where I've seen the gay daughter before. Some previously failed sitcom, no doubt.

It's worth a peek IMO.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: surprised by Out of Practice"
Posted by kathliam on 09-27-05 at 01:46 PM
Hi Zip, like you I watched it (mostly because I was too lazy to reach for the remote). I was surprised that Henry Winkler is so un-Fonzie like. I don't know what I expected, what with his being off the small screen for so long. Stockard Channing is back to playing her 'stock' character (imho) of the shrill, brittle woman. Darn, she was making progress.

The gay daughter is Paula Marshall. You might remember her as Michael J. Fox's love interest from the first season of 'Spin City'.

I'm glad Jennifer Tilly appears on the screen for short scenes. I can only take so much of her voice at one time.

I don't think it will be a hit, but it's harmless enough.

Posted by mom2bjm on 09-27-05 at 03:58 PM
We were interested by it as well... It was nice to see the Fonz in a different light after him being the evil dood on Crossing Jordan on Sunday night!

I think perhaps we might watch it again, just wondering where it will go from here.. (or there, as the case may be...)

Syren, bless your fuzzy little heart!

Posted by HistoryDetective on 09-28-05 at 10:43 AM
I enjoyed it well enough --- except for the laugh track. They need to turn that down a few notches (or turn it off completely).

Was the daughter a lesbian?! I didn't think that hit us over the head with that enough.

courtesy of Seana and Syren - thanks gals!
journal