URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4964
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Answering Jeff:"

Posted by michel on 03-06-10 at 03:26 PM
At Tribal Council, Jeff asked Rupert: "What part of that makes sense? Keeping your word in a game called Outwit, Outplay, Outlast? Keeping your word because I’m an honorable man and I want people to see me that way?”

Here's what Rupert should have said: "The part that makes sense is wanting to win Survivor: Not a single player has won Survivor if they were not in the original majority alliance of their tribe.

Maybe you'll say Vecepia, Chris, Danni, Bob and JT won without being in the majority alliance but that's at merge. At first, Vecepia was tight with Rob and Sean, Chris was the leader of the Flab5, Danni led Nakhum, Bob was the 5th onion and JT was in charge of Jalapao. You need to be in that majority alliance to make the merge AND to get votes in the end.

Some may still think Tina was an outsider in Australia but she was part of the Ogawhore5 before they even reached camp.

Very few players made the Final 4 by starting out as an outsider or in the minority: Kim J., Kathy O., Matt, Eliza, Lydia, Ozzy, Sugar and Erinn are the only ones that come to mind. Lill made it because of the Outcast twist while Dreamz and Cassandra were in the African-American and shelter building alliances from the start. Kathy, Eliza and Ozzy are the only ones that had a good chance of winning.

So yes Jeff, you have to vote with your alliance over strength if it comes to it. Ideally, you'd have strong, dumb allies so you get both a chance to win the challenges and an easy win in FTC but it isn't always possible.

As for Jeff's blog, Russell didn't deserve to win. I'd put that wet pillow over his face!)

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Answering Jeff:"
Posted by iltarion on 03-06-10 at 04:21 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-06-10 AT 04:22 PM (EST)

I have a much simpler answer for Rupert- "Yes."

The terms "original majority alliance" leave some gray area for debate. Otherwise, I'm sure I can agree.

Regarding Russell, there is a 19 minute interview of Laura linked on this site. In it, she attempts to discredit the bitter jury myth. In doing so, she only makes it more obvious that the Galu members were bitter towards Russell. Everyone should know by now I am a huge fan of Laura, so normally I would like to believe what she says, but here is the obvious evidence of bitterness.

1) Laura attempted to tip-toe around it, but basically she made it clear that Galu believed production was helping Russell find the idols. This is a somewhat damning accusation, and frankly, I am surprised no lawsuits have yet resulted from it. If Galu indeed, according to her, felt that way, obviously they would be extremely prejudiced against Russell.

2) Laura also said everyone knew shortly after merge already that Russell was selected to be a part of S20. This heightened Russell's arrogance and I'm sure created resentment among the other players.

3) Laura said Galu originally intentioned to vote for Mick. They changed their mind during FTC because Natalie clearly had played a better social game. She never mentioned Russell as even being considered. Why? Well, it's pretty obvious. The one thing the jury was not going to do was vote for Russell, even before the FTC started.

4) When asked why Russell wasn't considered, Laura asked, "Besides the idols, what did Russell do?" Only someone with a personal grudge against Russell can watch that season and suggest he did nothing besides find idols. Russell formed, manipulated and led the controlling alliance in his tribe. He brought Shambo in the fold, and he brought John in the fold. He was the one that decided who should make the F4, and he was the one that beat Brett to give Mick and Natalie a chance at winning. By her words, it was pretty obvious that Laura was STILL bitter towards Russell and clearly resented his edit and what she saw as production's handling of him.

So, if JP thinks Russell should have won, he probably has good reason to say that. It is possible he thinks it was a mistake for them to ever let Russell know he was going to S20 before S19 was over. It is possible he feels production actually had a hand in Russell NOT winning. That would explain his persistent defense of the man.

>

Posted by krismiss2us on 03-08-10 at 01:34 AM
i am totally interested in this conversation, but i feel like something's missing. is there a link or something that ya'll are talking about? what did i miss?

Posted by tribephyl on 03-08-10 at 03:52 AM
During the last tribal council, Jeff was questioning everyone's strategy for the upcoming vote. Upon hearing Rupert's response (and watching his body language as well) Jeff was a little bewildered by his "seemingly" different tack on playing (He was going to vote with his "friends") and gave the reaction/question stated above.

Posted by Snidget on 03-08-10 at 09:05 AM
Some of it may be from this interview with Laura I posted about here

http://community.realitytvworld.com/boards/DCForumID2/7384.shtml

Posted by krismiss2us on 03-08-10 at 11:06 AM
thanks; insightful. i was never a fan of laura's

Posted by tribephyl on 03-08-10 at 03:55 AM
Without getting histrionic Rupert should have simply stated...
"You gotta adapt, Jeff."

...Leaving it completely open to as to who he was talking about, himself, or Jeff.

Posted by Tublecane on 03-08-10 at 03:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-08-10 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

"Not a single player has won Survivor if they were not in the original majority alliance of their tribe...Maybe you'll say Vecepia"

She, as far as I can tell, is the only asterix for your overwhelming statistic. As I remember it, the Robfather alliance didn't assert itself (that is, Rob didn't unmistakably to side with Sean/Vee over Hunter) until they voted out Hunter. Which was mere moments before the shake-up, whereafter Vecepia was in the minority again. One could argue that she was the fifth member of the core Rotu alliance, with Rob and Sen on the outside, but I find that highly dubious.

So she was part of a pre-merge majority alliance, however briefly. But it was insignificant to the point of being at best a technicality.