URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4948
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"CBS Survivor All-Stars Episode 8 Press Release"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 03-12-04 at 04:30 PM
March 12, 2004

ROB AND AMBER’S ROMANCE HEATS UP, ON "SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS," WEDNESDAY, MARCH 17, ON THE CBS TELEVISION NETWORK

"Pick A Tribemate" -- Rob and Amber’s romance heats up, on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, Wednesday, March 17 (8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network.

Also, one castaway is blindsided by a major decision while another is thrilled. The tribes fear the worst when tree mail tells them they must send one of their tribe mates to the opposing tribe’s camp. At one tribe, a frustrated castaway separates from the group.

And the eighth All-Star is voted out of the tribe.

SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS is produced by SEG, Inc. Mark Burnett is the executive producer.

For more detailed information on SURVIVOR: ALL-STARS, log on to www.cbs.com/survivor.

RATING: To Be Announced

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: CBS Survivor All-Stars Episode 8 Press Release"
Posted by Blow by Blow on 03-12-04 at 04:37 PM
At one tribe, a frustrated castaway separates from the group.

If it's Mogo Mogo I'm guessing this is Ethan. He's all alone after Colby got booted and he's stuck with a bunch of people who either don't like him or can't be trusted (Lex).

If it's Chapera I'm thinking this is Rupert. We got a lot of shots of him yesterday on the yacht away from the rest of the group. I don't think he's bonding too well there.

one castaway is blindsided by a major decision while another is thrilled.

Couple of ideas for this one. Kathy could be blindsided by the Colby boot while Jerri is thrilled. That's mostly historic though, but we'll see the reactions in Ep8.

Maybe the 'major decision' is who to send to the other tribe. I can't really see anyone being "blindsided" by this, but maybe. I can't see any Chaperas being 'thrilled' to go visit Mogo Mogo, so maybe Jerri is the thrilled person getting to go spend time at the other tribe where not everyone hates her, yet.

-BxB

I do more to not work than actual work.

"Blindsided..."
Posted by udg on 03-12-04 at 05:08 PM
Chapera apparently draws straws to decide who goes. So, whomever gets the short straw could easily be "blindsided."

---
UDG

"RE: Blindsided..."
Posted by Brownroach on 03-12-04 at 05:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 05:12 PM (EST)

That sounds like it refers to the same thing as the misdirection: Ethan feels blindsided by the Colby boot, while Jerri is thrilled that she can gloat.

ETA: And I think Jerri is also the frustrated castaway who separates herself from the group:

"RE: Blindsided..."
Posted by udg on 03-12-04 at 05:20 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 05:24 PM (EST)

You're right, obviously, since the CBS website says, "Ethan feels blindsided by Mogo Mogo's Tribal Council decision, but Jerri is thrilled and enjoys a chance to gloat."

I was just responding to BbB's comment, "Maybe the 'major decision' is who to send to the other tribe. I can't really see anyone being 'blindsided' by this, but maybe."

---
UDG

Posted by tommiettop on 03-12-04 at 05:16 PM
>one castaway is blindsided by a
>major decision while another is
>thrilled.

>
The SeeBS website now says "Ethan feels blindsided by Mogo Mogo's Tribal Council decision, while Jerri is thrilled and enjoys a chance to gloat."

Posted by JazzyJax on 03-12-04 at 06:16 PM
>Also, one castaway is blindsided by
>a major decision while another
>is thrilled.

Yep, you guys are probably right, this sounds like Ethan and Jerri. Kathy will probably be surprised, but they had talked about booting Colby before.

>At one tribe,
>a frustrated castaway separates from
>the group.

This one is harder. Could be Ethan pouting. Could be Jerri when rebuffed for her snotty attitude. Could be Rupert if he and Rob butt heads (that scene doesn't seem that serious in the promos though.) I suppose Alicia could be tempermental if the ambassador discussion was heated or she felt she was left out. This could almost be anybody.

"Double meaning?"
Posted by Jims02 on 03-12-04 at 07:10 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-12-04 AT 07:10 PM (EST)

Couple these statements together:

The tribes fear the worst when tree mail tells them they must send one of their tribe mates to the opposing tribe’s camp. At one tribe, a frustrated castaway separates from the group.

It seems to me that Ethan is the frustrated castaway. And I don't blame him for wanting to separate himself from the rest of the tribe. But could this also mean that this frustrated member separates himself physically. That is, he volunteers to go to Chapera? The Rupert/Lex/Shii/Jerri cap suggest so...

Jims02: 2004 CMY Anti-Executee Champ