URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4946
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"surviving survivor"

Posted by jbug on 02-04-10 at 09:06 PM
anyone else watch?

Pretty good look at what's to come

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: surviving survivor"
Posted by michel on 02-04-10 at 10:15 PM
I watched it even if it was mainly a 60 minute commercial for next season. I wish they had interviewed more people that aren't on S20 because the segments I enjoyed the most were from Hatch and Ethan. It was also nice to hear Lis admit Survivor was important to her because she mostly ignores it.

For what I didn't like, they could have showed more from the 10 year Reunion and less of the patting on the back about changing television. S4, S5, S9, S11, S14, S15 and S17 were practically ignored, as if the black sheep of the family. While I agree about S5, S14 and S17, I kinda liked the others a lot.

Posted by AvidRealityWatcher on 02-05-10 at 01:46 AM
Yea I too watched it and was liking some of what they showed. Me preferencly would have enjoyed if they instead showed a clip from everyseason and talked what made that season so unique. Leading up to showing the top two or three that ended up in the finals.

I was also wondering when they showed the lovers of survivor and the guy that has hodgkins disease if they were going to do anykind of tribute to jen lyons who recently passed from cancer and was dissappointed that she was only mentioned for less than 2 minutes, seemed kinda cheeky to me.

I love ruppert as much as the next person, and i also love to watch russel, but why do we have to make such peanut butter and jelly assumptions about a player just because people at home view them that way. I would love to see both play completely different from the way they played the first time around and for rupert the first and second time. This would throw me way off and become truly new and exiting to watch.

And yes Michel you were right, a little less back patting themselves for television history changes and a little more of some of the seasons not discussed would have been far more entertaining to watch. Watching them pat themselves on the back is as bad as Russels claim that he is the best there ever was or will be. Why dont they just master bate and get over it already? Sorry for the visual but you get my point, they love themselves so much.

I do believe that they should have shown the entire cast and not just say thier names at the end. seemed like that was as much exposure as they wanted to put on them as they probably wont make it to the end of the season. If thats the case then why do that to the audience. I love a good surprise and not have to make assumptions.

Look at me going on and on, sorry guys, just wanted to put my 2 cents worth in.

All this is my own humble opinion, so please im sorry if i offended anyone.

ARW

ARW

Posted by jbug on 02-05-10 at 11:17 AM
no need for apologies; I enjoy your view points; you can add your 10 cents anytime (inflation you know )

for talking a lot? me? Jan 2010

Posted by Riordan on 02-05-10 at 11:38 AM
I enjoyed it. At least it was something a little different. Kind of like seeing old friends again. Loved the Hatch/Hantz dynamic. Nice comedy duo. I'd put money on Pavarti winning H vs. V, as much as she was highlighted.