URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 493
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Nip/Tuck"

Posted by Puffy on 09-21-05 at 07:35 PM
Great new episode for the long-awaited new season. The producers were messing with our minds for the first few minutes. Good editing job with the various story lines, too.

A JSliceŽOriginal

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Nip/Tuck"
Posted by LozengeofLove on 09-21-05 at 10:55 PM
Besides everyone kind of nonchalant treatment of Christian, I loved this episode! They do such a great job of getting inside these characters. It's beautiful.

Handcrafted by RollDDice

Posted by Fox41 on 09-22-05 at 00:04 AM

I agree 100%. Nip/Tuck was GREAT! It was one of
the best episodes that I've seen so far. It looks
like this season will be really interesting.

Posted by Big Al on 09-22-05 at 08:34 AM
The last half hour with the detective was beyond ridiculous. Those "heavy" metaphors between the Fat woman and Christian was a bit much.

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 09-24-05 at 10:01 AM
I caught a repete of the premier last night OMG it was so good I almost forgot how much I love this show of course I hide my eyes during the bloody parts
can't wait for the rest of the season I want more of the son (name is escaping me at the moment)

Posted by Big Al on 09-30-05 at 04:56 PM
The son looks like Michael Jackson.

Posted by Loree on 09-30-05 at 03:11 PM
I'm glad this show is back on. But I kept wondering how long Christian was going to keep wearing that bandage on his neck.

Posted by Puffy on 09-30-05 at 05:05 PM
Yikes! Looks like the son shaved his head for real. Makes his huge eyebrows look even bigger. What's with this show? Everyone gets slashed/cut/punched in the face. Didn't you think those transexuals were going to do something else when they found the son and got him on the ground?

A RollDdice HalloweenŽOriginal

Posted by big brutha on 10-01-05 at 11:22 AM
Snap I said that two seasons ago that the son looked like micahel jackson I thought it was a cruel joke. Yeah christian is the man, and last night was the reason why I am all over this show. It's got to run for another 3 years its got to.
why is the son so wierd? dude you are gay, deal with it. We need Sean to get some love though man the season just started and already he looks beat.

Posted by sammyboy22 on 10-01-05 at 01:51 PM
That episode where the son who looks like Michael Jackson was taking those huge rips off the bong with his grandma was priceless. I think getting stoned with Vanessa Redgrave would be a fvcking dream come true. That poor tranny he beat the hell out of was kind of disturbing, it was funny when they all peed on him in the end. I think I have found one of my new favorite shows. I am going to have to catch up on the earlier seasons.

Posted by Loree on 10-03-05 at 04:50 PM
I have always thought the son was kind of funny looking. Now he is even worse with the eyebrows standing out so much.

This was an ep about getting beat up. The ape, the laser patient, and the son. They all got attacked.

Posted by LadyT on 10-05-05 at 10:59 AM
I watched my first ep last night and I am hooked! I have always liked Julian McMahon and he plays Christian perfectly.

TishyTime

"RE: Show #3"
Posted by big brutha on 10-08-05 at 01:19 PM
Oh man this show is a guys wet dream!
First Christian is still the man at his frat house 20 years later, then his partner goes back with sean and they score some hot tail, Christian and his two girlfriends fondling under the table. The only buzz kill is the gay doctor, partner ,killer dude and the music last night was way off the charts. Can someone give me a tissue this show is so good I going to cry big man tears!!!!

Posted by Puffy on 10-13-05 at 11:13 AM
T, if you're new to Nip/Tuck, check out the first two seasons on DVD. You'll spend half the time covering your eyes!

I'm nuts over Nutz

Posted by SilverStar on 10-19-05 at 01:21 PM
Great episode last night. Especially the last 15 minutes or so. They did a good job with the surprises and casting suspicion on Christian. First, when Christian had his dream about having a dream. When he woke up in prison, I was still wondering if it was going to be another dream. Then with him getting released because he leaked his story to the press, that caught me off guard. And finally when the detective was the latest Carver victim, I was shocked! Great stuff.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by big brutha on 10-28-05 at 00:00 AM
Excellent, and the ending was just too much..

"So how long . . ."
Posted by strid333 on 10-30-05 at 01:09 PM
So how long will they drag out the identity of the Carver? I'm really wanting to know who it is.

I honestly don't care about the personal lives of the people, other than maybe Christian. I don't like episodes about Matt. He's too messed up. I just want to know who the Carver is, and why the Carver does what s/he does.

Trick or treat. Smell my feet.

"RE: So how long . . ."
Posted by sisyphus on 11-02-05 at 05:02 PM
no real resaon but I sincerely believe that the carver is Quentin

"Until the very end"
Posted by Bebo on 11-02-05 at 05:08 PM
Entertainment Weekly reported that the Carver will be revealed at the very end of the season finale.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

"Season finale"
Posted by Puffy on 12-22-05 at 01:58 AM
Ackkkk! What did you think of the finale? I was terrified during the entire show. Shall I reveal who the carver is? And the other story lines?

"RE: Season finale"
Posted by Hoobie on 12-22-05 at 05:43 PM
I am SO NOT pleased with the Carver's/ Carvers' identity.

Hated:
1) Julia's dream sequence
2) The Aryan father scenes
3) No mention of Erica
4) The ending with Matt and dinner - no mention of anything else
5) Blatant holes in the Carver case

Loved:
1) Christian's attitude toward Kimber
2) Kimber's attitude back
3) Matt getting a soul
4) Not knowing the CVS results

Posted by LozengeofLove on 12-23-05 at 11:27 PM
A really crappy season of great show, and the season finale sucked too. I'll watch the first episode of next season and decide from there whether I tune in any more.

Handcrafted by RollDDice

Posted by flipxcyd on 07-27-06 at 01:57 AM
Just have to say I stumbled onto this show by accident. This is a great show and totally off the wall. I've watched the first episode up to the episode where Sean had sex to a Kimber doll, and then Kimber. OH, and the episode where Sean & Christian are havin' a 3-way with a hooker! OMG!

I'm addicted! I'm hoping they air the 2005 season before the premiere of the new season! I'll be all caught up!

An arkiegrl siggie

"Season 4"
Posted by SilverStar on 09-05-06 at 02:13 PM
Season 4 starts tonight. Who will be watching? I don't remember hardly anything about last season, so I went to the FX website to read some recaps. Pfft! No such luck. Their Nip/Tuck website is ridiculous. They have no info about the previous seasons. I think I'll be lost tonight, but I will still watch. Or at least tape it to watch later.

Thoughts? Anyone remember WTH happened last season?

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah

"RE: Season 4"
Posted by Bebo on 09-05-06 at 03:01 PM
Let's see...their new doctor and his sister were the Carver, Kimber and Julian are pretty much history after her Carver attack, and Julia's pregnant with Sean's baby. I think that about sums it up.

Posted by Wallflower66 on 09-05-06 at 10:11 PM
I'll be watching, too! But, like you, I can hardly remember how the last season played out. It's been too long!

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-06-06 at 03:37 AM
Saw it.

Sean finds out his unborn son has developed a rare birth defect. I predict this story line will fade out with a miscarriage...who knows.

Christian is sexually confused. He's not sure if he's in love with women or with Sean (only because his psyche-Brooke Shields said so). Laughed at the scene with Christian and Sean discussing ball implants.

Not sure where the story line will lead us this time around with Sean and Christian selling their practice, but from the previews for this season, it looks interesting...and needed. We need new characters from time to time.

I assume Matt or Kimber will be in the next episode; it'd be interesting to know how these characters will develop.

An arkiegrl siggie

Posted by Pretty_Kitty on 09-06-06 at 12:23 PM
Im just so happy its back! BB was great last night but then I had a whole boring hour to wait for Nip/Tuck. I was wondering where Kimber was last night. OH did I see correctly that Christian was doing the doctor?(brook sheilds) or was that someone else?

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-06-06 at 08:31 PM
Yep, in true form...it WAS Brooke Shields. LOL

An arkiegrl siggie

Posted by SilverStar on 09-08-06 at 10:01 AM
Finally got around to watching my tape last night.

I was surprised that we didn't see Matt at all. Just a mention of him being in the garage.

Is it just me, or is Christian looking much hotter this season? Maybe he had some work done. LOL. I'm interested in seeing where the whole "Christian is in love with Sean" thing will go.

Handcrafted by RollDdice, Inspired by Monstah

Posted by flipxcyd on 09-08-06 at 08:28 PM
Well, if you remember, he did have that 3-way with Sean and that hooker, although Sean & Christian didn't play with each other. They really ARE best friends. LOL

Matt will be in the next episode. I think it was a bit much of a storyline for the episode. But I did find it odd, since they managed to get his sister in the episode. LOL It's bad when you don't even know her name...she's hardly ever in the show!

An arkiegrl siggie

Posted by Puffy on 09-11-06 at 07:00 PM
Well we know that Kathleen Turner is one actress who hasn't had any plastic surgery in real life. I'd want more than a vocal cord operation if I were her.

Posted by KwietOne on 09-13-06 at 09:23 PM
Speaking of which, Jacqueline Bissett needs a freshening up as well.

Posted by Hoobie on 09-24-06 at 11:08 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-24-06 AT 11:08 PM (EST)

Wow - I totally disagree. I thought Jacqueline Bissett looked wonderful!

Posted by willinCal on 09-28-06 at 08:30 PM
Hey, I agree too! She looked great for her age. Michelle is a hottie on this show!

Sig by arkiegrl

Posted by CouchTater on 09-29-06 at 09:33 AM
I only started watching this show this season because I read that Catherine Deneuve would be a guest star on the show one time so I started taping it. I really like this show, a lot. I really like Jacqueline Bissett in this. And, I think she looks great for that fact that she's like 62 years old.

Tribey Rocks!

Posted by Wallflower66 on 10-04-06 at 00:04 AM
Really! I was also thinking Jacqueline looks great, and that I hope I look that good when I'm that age. And, I think her acting is tremendous! How can she keep a straight face acting like such an evil wench?

Posted by Wallflower66 on 10-10-06 at 10:00 PM
Bumping, because it's getting ready to start!

Posted by flipxcyd on 10-11-06 at 01:53 AM
Ok...the caregiver's death was predictable and my immediate thought was a rip off from Final Destination. I'm like c'mon already. Can we be a bit more original?

But I did think it was a bit creepy for her dead spirit to be hanging around the dinner table. Ah...another spirit hanging around Sean...poor Sean.

Another creepy storyline was Larry Hagman watching Christian and Michelle having sex with Brooke Shields pulling the strings here.

Suppose Matt and Kimber are coming back in the next episode. Is it just me, or is Matt just plain creepy looking?

An arkiegrl siggie

"About ready to throw in the towel"
Posted by toddE on 10-12-06 at 12:35 PM
I've seen every episode of every season, and I even liked last season with the whole Carver thing getting out of hand.

This season may be the last. It seems like the writers/producers are testing how much sh!t we will swallow.

1. Kidney thieves--urban myth #1. Totally absurd, but at least in the spirit of the show.

2. Peanut butter dog sex--urban myth #2. Repulsive plotline and resolution. Typical animal lover, the dead dog thing didn't go over well with me.

3. Scientology!--ooh! Fresh! Edgy! NOT!

4. Brooke Shields' character is irrational, and I hated her until her scene with Larry Hagman. At least there's some shred of intrigue here.

5. Sanaa Lathan--zero chemistry with Christian. Very boring character. She's a good actress, but doesn't have much to work with here. She's right--the best thing about her is her cleavage.

Seems like they've run out of story.

"RE: Nip/Tuck (Gala Gallardo episode)"
Posted by KwietOne on 12-14-06 at 09:11 PM
Great season finale, don't you think?

Sure looks like Sean and Christian will be opening up in Hollywood, the plastic surgery capital of the world.

Looks like Julie won't be back.

I really hope Matt clues in on the fact that Kimber doesn't love him.

That scene with Liz pointing the gun at Escobar wasn't expected, but what I didn't expect is for Gala to kill him.

A tribephyl siggie
Are you on the list?