URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4924
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.13"

Posted by Aruba on 12-12-09 at 11:46 AM
WAH, WAH, WAH...All he did was find HIIs. BOO-HOO. I guess the LA Lakers didn't deserve to win because all they had was Kobe Bryant score 60 points that night. And the NY Yankees don't deserve to win their game because all they had was Derek Jeter go 5 for 5 and knock in the winning run. Hey, while I'm at it why not deprieve the Indy Colts credit for their victory because all they had was Peyton Manning toss four TDs! Where do they find these people??!!

1) RUSSELL (1,1,1,1,1,2,1,1,2) - Actually he's done more than just find idols to own this season. But even so, it's what you do with the idols after you find them that matters. And the way he played it at TC was just masterful. With all due respect, anyone who does not rank Russell #1 does not know what Survivor is all about.

2) BRETT (8,10,7,4,10,10,8,10T,7T) - Is that peachfuzz I saw on his chin? I guess our invisible boy became a man. And you have to give him props for "manning" up and winning a key IC which would have otherwise sent him out of the game. Too likable = very little chance of making the Finals...unless he runs the table and wins the remaining ICs. Doubtful.

3) JAISON (5,8,11,12,13,13,15,8,1) - Let's see...in Round One his opponent knocks down one pin. In the Semi-Final his opponent knocks down a grand total of ZERO pins. In the Finals his opponent knocks down (you guessed it) ZERO pins. Never has an IC victory been so lame. But heck, a win is a win. To answer Iltarion's question from last ranking, "When did he start playing?" Answer: When things started to go Foa Foa's way thanks to Russell.

4) NATALIE (2,5,9,9,5,5,7,6,11) - Not a good episode for her. Just when you thought she might be a force in the challenges, her performance in both ICs were nothing short of dreadful. But all she needs to do is keep her pretty mouth shut and her eyes open; then allow a disgrunted jury to place the million dollars in her lap.

5) MICK (3,7,5,8,4,8,11,9,5) -Paranoia will destroy Ya! Dude, you're in like Flynn and now blowing a chance of making the Finals by trying to derail the Russell Express? Better rethink your strategy and keep riding the Gravy Train.

6) SHAMBO (7,4,3,2,3,5,12,4,15) - The game has taken a toll on her and she's pretty much fried. Contrary to Monica's meager scramble, Shambo would be a perfect player to sit next to in a F2 format. But with all indications pointing to a F3, the "perfect goat" strategy won't apply and she should be gone shortly.

BOOTED) DAVE (4,9,6,5,2,1,3,6,7T) - Nice Sun Astanga Salutation you made after rolling your strike. I guess Laura showed you that in Yoga class. Well you couldn't even knock down one measly pin when it really counted, so I guess you'll be able to thank her in person when you arrive at the Ponderosa.

BOOTED) MONICA (6,3,8,11,12,12,16,12,12) - She "stirred the pot" that cooked her own goose. I guess another way of looking at it is when you've been playing with house money you may as well put it all on either red or black and let the wheel spin. BTW, if you're going to give someone "food for thought" at least offer something someone will swallow. Telling Russell that Shambo would get a lot of Jury votes is about as desparate as it gets, but at least she went down swinging. Look on the bright side...now you'll join the other Barbie Dolls where you can cry sour grapes and cast your sore loser vote against Russell.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.13"
Posted by iltarion on 12-13-09 at 01:47 AM
Now we've fallen into pagonging. This season's downfall was the merge at 12, completely lame. Everyone can over-analyze all they want and rip on Galu, but what tribe would have held together while merging with 8 members? Even a 5 person alliance, which is normally all you need, would have not been enough to have control postmerge. Take any 8 people and there is going to be one or two people on the outs. After completely being owned premerge, the FU FUs were practically handed an even playing field. I forward that Chapera is the only tribe that would have stuck together while merging with 8. Anyone else with some other ideas, let's hear it.

1. Russell - Likely in this spot to the predictable end. Once again showed cracks in his substantial armor by letting Monica get to him. Who told everyone that you were rich? YOU did, you idiot. I saw some brilliance in wearing the HII at TC, but 1) the vote was likely decided before then, and 2) how did it come off to the jury? I can see the jury thinking that the HII is all you are about. He is the only one getting a winner's edit right now though.

2. Mick- Competed hard in another IC. Was unfortunate in the first IC in being the only person to have a strike thrown against them. He is clearly thinking ahead and beginning to see the light. He needs a big move to win this though. Otherwise, I don't see the jury voting for him over Russell.

3. Jaison- Right there with Mick though took a slight step back to me. He is also really showing his smarts now. He is fine going to the end with Russell, though, as long as Russell is willing to take him, which is questionable.

4. Natalie- Really went quiet this episode and no longer seems to be getting a winner's edit. They do have her looking better though. Still could pull this out if her edit gets stronger the next two shows.

5. Brett- Stepped up but can't be going far just based on the editing. I don't care how much he is in the previews. He must be going home. We've seen nothing about him all season.

6. the Sham- Not looking so hot now with everyone in FU FU except Russell targeting her. She will likely get to see all of Galu eliminated, perhaps her goal, but then she won't be far behind.

double whammy

Danger Dave- Had a 2 episode arc around episodes 4 and 5. That was about it. Was the one who thought Galu had no reason to worry about Russell having the HII, and was also the one who told RussWell he could compete if he wanted to, when John had suggested RussWell get some rest. OOPS!

Monica- Hot Sauce, my girl. Going to miss the pigtails and tight little purple shorts. Mixed some things up on her inevitable way out the door. Telling Russell she wouldn't vote for him due to him being rich was brilliant. Really set him off. It was all to no avail though, as expected.

>

Posted by ohmyheck on 12-13-09 at 02:06 AM
>I forward
>that Chapera is the only
>tribe that would have stuck
>together while merging with 8.
>Anyone else with some other
>ideas, let's hear it.

Koror, Kucha, and Aitutaki and Old Rotu all would have.

Posted by Aruba on 12-13-09 at 06:51 AM
Great point Iltarion. I think with any 8-4 merge there will almost always be one or two on the outs and eventually eliminated before a complete Pagong is performed. But it's one thing to eliminate a couple rebel rousers or potential turncoats...it's another to completely come undone and go in with an 8-4 advantage only to allow the four to be the FINAL FOUR in the end. That is Galu's biggest criticism and not sure I would say any tribe going into the merge with an 8-4 advantage would allow THAT to happen.

As for the 8-4 merge...I honestly believe it was Production's plan BEFORE the season even started to merge at 12 players. Clearly they didn't know it would be 8-4, but my feeling is they planned a merge after the double elimination that never occured. If Russell S. was not evacuated and the double elimination was performed, I believe the next episode would have been the 12 player merge. This would make sense with a F3 and a Jury of nine. I further speculate the double elimination was aborted because with Russell's medi-vac it would have brought the game to 11 which would have went against Production's initial plan to merge at 12.

My speculation should also squash any ridiculous "conspiracy theory" that Production simply decided to merge at 12 to allow Russell to advance in the game. But everyone will have their own opinion I suppose.

ohmyheck...Kucha would have voted out Jerry before they secured a Kucha F8. As a matter of fact I believe when they did have the numbers advantage in the Outback they did vote out Jerry putting a temporary hold on their Pagong strategy.

With Koror it would have all depended on whether Coby was in the Koror F8. If he was then I don't believe Coby makes the F8 over Steph or BJ.

Posted by garcor on 12-13-09 at 08:50 AM
Don't think its as much a question of whether you hold together as it is a question of when you come apart. Galu needed to remove a couple of Foa's before they turned on each other. If John thought the numbers were against him (Brett more closely allied with the women?? and Shambo an unreliable vote) he had a good reason to try to use Foa Foa's numbers to turn that around. If not, bad strategy on his part.

Posted by garcor on 12-13-09 at 09:05 AM
1) Russell: Because he has made the game week after week. Going off on Natalie didn't look good; especially when added to his other comments about dumb girl alliances. Don't know whether he can win or not. Reminds me a bit of Brian the way his alliance mates all seem to be competing to have Russell take them to the end.

2) Jaison: Suspect he thinks he can out talk Russell at final TC. Certainly did okay against Ben and Erik, but hard to compare either of them to Russell, though Russell could have the ability to talk himself out of jury votes.

3) Brett: Won immunity when he had to. And could hang around for one more vote if Foa's do decide to target Russell or if Russell goes after Mick. Hard to imagine he makes it to final TC.

4) Natalie: Still looks to have a good shot to make it to final TC. Could win if going against the right opposition due to unpopularity of several of others still in game.

5) Mick: Could be next gone if Russell targets him out of fear Mick will try to go after Russell. Not sure Mick has votes to move out Russell. Natalie appears loyal to Russell, and Shambo should be. Jaison might prefer to go against Russell, rather than Mick, at final TC. But Russell has a history of changing targets on short notice so who knows.

6) Shambo: Not much to say. Has come across as petty, vengeful and insecure. Would like her to be next out, but is tempting person to bring to end.

GONE:

7) Dave: Several big misjudgments.

8) Monica: Seemed pretty good at game.

Posted by ohmyheck on 12-13-09 at 05:03 PM
You're thinking Ogakor, not Kucha.

Posted by KuwabaraTheMan on 12-14-09 at 02:06 AM
Yeah, I can't really see any tribe completely imploding with that big of an advantage at the merge. Ultimately, what killed them wasn't the decision to vote for Erik the first time. What killed them was not even considering that Russell could have the Idol the second time around. Had they voted for Natalie instead, things never go against them. It was the Idol flipping the vote to Kelly that killed them, because with Shambo's flip, the votes were even the next time around.

Posted by iltarion on 12-14-09 at 03:04 AM
Old Rotu, maybe. But using the tribe that was the pioneer of the postmerge implode as an example of one that could have held together is ironic, to say the least.
Aitutaki- No. Ozzy, Flicka and CoiBoi would all have been free agents. Yul's core alliance was only an alliance of 4 with Sondra later making it 5.
Koror- No. Coby hated Tom and would have gladly flipped, likely taking the quitter with him. Props for picking one of the few alliances of 6 though, if you include Karen, with Tom, Ian, Katie, Gregg, and Jen.
Kucha- Pre Mike's swan dive? Yes. I'll give you that. Kucha was as tight as any tribe we've seen and might have been able to stick together.

>

Posted by KuwabaraTheMan on 12-14-09 at 02:02 AM
1. Russell: Still the strongest player, but he made a crucial mistake in letting people know he was rich. If he knows so much about the game he should have realized why Gary worked so hard to hide that (and the only reason it didn't work perfectly for him is that he was a somewhat public figure). Wearing the Idol was a brilliant move, however, and he gets a lot of props from me.

2. Jaison: He's been coming on very strong over the past couple of episodes. Between consecutive Immunities, the great play at the auction, and him already playing the Jury with his conversation with Monica and Brett, he's clearly thinking every move through. Despite some early struggles, he's clearly a strong and smart player. With one or two more challenge wins, he could have a very strong case to make.

3. Mick: Also thinking a lot of things through, and definitely contemplating his moves and what will be the best move. He also seems to be a strong Jury candidate, being very well liked.

4. Brett: After seeming largely invisible for awhile, he really came on strong this time around. Not only in winning a challenge, but in being recognized by everyone as a strong Jury threat, as well as making some strategic moves. He has a tough road ahead of him, but if he can make it to the end he probably wins in a landslide. I honestly don't think anyone dislikes the guy.

5. Natalie: After strong initial play in the post-merge period, Natalie has faded into the background some over the past couple of episodes. She seems like the weakest Foa Foa member to me now, although she's still done a good job socially.

6. Shambo: She has no concept of strategy, is a poor challenge performer, and doesn't seem to really be liked by that many people. She could be put in a Final 3 with Katie and Amanda and still lose.

Posted by garcor on 12-14-09 at 08:40 PM
Don't use Amanda in the same sentence as Shambo and Katie.

Posted by KuwabaraTheMan on 12-14-09 at 11:02 PM
I only mention her because she's pretty much the worst Final 2/3 performer of all time, despite how well she played (twice!) the rest of the game.

Posted by dabo on 12-14-09 at 03:04 PM
Haven't done this in awhile, used to be one of my addictions.

1. Natalie. 30 some odd days into this and she's still trying to be a proper southern belle.

2. Jaison. He finally woke up and realized he needed to play a stronger game and get the jury on his side.

3. Invisible Brett. Now all he has to do is win every single remaining IC and he's won the game.

4. Shambo. At least she's predictable.

5. Russell. Horrible person but he makes for some fun TV viewing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1FgpBxXho4

6. Mick. Way to be there or something.

Posted by michel on 12-14-09 at 09:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-14-09 AT 09:37 PM (EST)

1- Russell H.: Although I'm beginning to think a lot of his bravado is hiding insecurities. He really was fuming after Monica ended her mind games. A more secure man would have let her talk. A more secure man wouldn't reveal all the things he wanted to keep secret.

2- Natalie: With no one targeting her, it comes down to her jury speech. If she has a good one she can't be stopped.

3- Jaison: Asking Brett and Monica about their votes once on the jury wasn't very subtle. If you think they need to see you make a move maybe you should, I don't know, make a move!

4- Mick: He had a shot at getting rid of Russell but he balked. Will it turn out to cost him like it did to Gregg or will he be saved from his own stupidity?

5- Brett: Better stay strong.

6- Shambutch: I think Dave is right: She's mentally ill.

Booted- Monica: I really, really enjoyed her scorched-earth tactic. The girl had spunk.

Booted- Dave: Funny guy (Although not quite Kramer!), no game. At least I enjoyed reading him put down John. The reunion will be good!!!

I wrote the summary for this episode so I'll rate the episode also: It was a tale of 2 halves: The first half was boring sh*t, one of the worst cycles ever presented. The second half was much better. If Jeff thinks this way of doing double boots is better, he is sadly mistaken.

Posted by Aruba on 12-15-09 at 07:17 PM

>2- Natalie: With no one targeting
>her, it comes down to
>her jury speech. If she
>has a good one she
>can't be stopped.

You really think Natalie needs a good speech or performance at FTC to win? I don't. Now if she lays an egg and commits a series of blunders she may take defeat from the jaws of victory, but if she gets to the Finals (given the assumed criteria of THIS jury) she's pretty much got it in the bag. I not saying she's not capable of a good speech or FTC performance, but her winning will not come down it it.

In the 18 prior seasons totaling over 130 jurors, I would say an OVERWHELMING majority knew what name they were writing down BEFORE the Finalists uttered the first syllable of their opening statements, answered questions, and/or replied to statements. FTC provides drama for the viewers, but I honestly believe almost all the winners were determined BEFORE any FTC (China probably being an exception.)

Posted by michel on 12-15-09 at 09:17 PM
"I would say an OVERWHELMING majority knew what name they were writing down..."

Yes, because people vote for who they like or against who they dislike!!!!

This time however, there are 4 finalists that are likable Nat, Mick, Jaison and Brett while Russell wasn't on a tribe with any of the jurors up to now. He didn't actually backstab any close allies. That's why I think it will need a good speech.

Posted by Aruba on 12-15-09 at 09:36 PM
I guess I'm a little guilty of being presumptuous and assuming that we will have an all Foa Foa Final that includes Russell. If my assumption proves correct, then Natalie will not need a good performance to win...she'll just have to safeguard against a meltdown. She'll have the Barbie Doll Bloc before she even opens her mouth. That would be a tough advantage for any other Finalist to have to overcome.

Good point about likable players still left in the game. If both Brett and Natalie get to the Finals then I'll agree Natalie will need to perform exceptionally well to win. Otherwise a Brett boot = Natalie a millionaire.

Posted by iltarion on 12-16-09 at 01:23 AM
Brett is not making the Finals. Not worth talking about.
I think Russell wins a vote right now. Dave, John and Shambo almost certainly vote for Russell, and I believe whatever Foa Foa ends up on the Jury would vote for him as well. So, unless someone swept all the other votes, Russell has it. I can see Kelly voting for Natalie, but I can see Monica voting for Jaison or Mick. And I'm still not sold that Laura wouldn't vote for Russell, regardless of the fact that she doesn't LIKE him.
Erik is a complete free agent who might actually not decide who to vote for until FTC.

>

Posted by garcor on 12-16-09 at 06:56 PM
Wonder if it isn't more important not to make enemies than it is to make friends. Also, might be more important to have a working relationship with people in an alliance, than to be friends with them. Gives your allies a chance to see your gameplay.

That said, assuming Shambo has no chance to win, and Brett has no chance to make final TC, that leaves all Foa Foas win a chance to win. Perhaps the voted out Foa Foa's (at least one will have to go) might influence the Galus. They've certainly been together much longer.

Posted by Aruba on 12-17-09 at 07:12 AM
Wow, I hope you're right that Russell has an advantage at this point, but I seriously doubt it. Unfortunately I feel we may all witness the most bitter Jury since the season Survivor had the audacity to call "all-stars."

Yes, I agree Brett probably does not make the Finals. The only reason I mentioned it is because that's the only scenario where I would agree Natalie would NEED a great PTC performance.

Kelly defintely votes against Russell, i.e. for Natalie, because she rightfully holds Russell solely responsible for his great play to put Kelly on the Jury. Laura is bitter, thus she will vote against Russell, i.e. for Natalie, but she is also a pristine example of a person who will be conscious of not wanting to be tagged a sore loser and come up with some "reason" why she voted for Natalie. I can even see her fabricating something to twist the knife into Russell by saying, "Gee I would have voted for you, but..." when in reality it was her intention all along to stick it to Russell.

What we know about the Ponderosa is jurors deliberate and voting has occurred in blocs. That being said, Monica and Brett vote however Laura/Kelly votes, i.e. against Russell/for Natalie.

John may quite possibly be the only juror who will vote in the true spirit of the game and write down the name of the most solid and dominant player this season. Advantage Russell.

I don't think Dave will be bitter or vindictive. That would lead one to believe he'll vote Russell. But then again, he has not participated in his "best sport" for 39 days so his hormones may take over and could throw his vote Natalie's way.

Yes, Eris is a wild card as to what name he will ultimately write down. But what's NOT a wild card is the fact that he's been a very bitter boy since being voted out, and that bitterness will spill over into FTC. Therefore his vote will more than likely be AGAINST a particular player as opposed to FOR a player.

Shambo wll probably vote Russell unless she holds him responsible for her boot. In which case a finalist becomes the beneficiary of her vote against Russell.

It will be interesting to see who will be the only Foa Foa member to serve on the Jury. If Mick is on the Jury, I believe he'll join John by voting in the true spirirt of the game and vote Russell. If Jaison is on the Jury...Game Over! Jaison has proven to be a whinner and his crybaby antics will translate into a vote against Russell.

In conclusion, I do not believe Natalie will 'steal" a victory with a FTC performance for the ages. I don't doubt that she may handle herself very well, but if she wins it will be because bitterness was the buzz word for this FTC and she had it won before FTC. Or, if Iltarion is correct with his assumption that Russell is favored at this point, Russell may commit a series of blunders to hand the win over to another Finalist.

Posted by dabo on 12-15-09 at 11:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-09 AT 11:02 PM (EST)

>3- Jaison: Asking Brett and Monica
>about their votes once on
>the jury wasn't very subtle.

Actually, it was the least bit any pretention of subtle.