URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4921
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.10 & 12"

Posted by Aruba on 12-04-09 at 10:10 PM
Being away for ep. 10, I'm incorporating BOTH episodes on this List. I was somewhat surprised after realizing he was doublecrossed by Russell, John didn't pull an "Eliza" and announce to all that Russell had the HII while bringing his torch to Jeff? Not sure if he was too shocked to think about it or just exhibiting good sportsmanship.

1) RUSSELL (1,1,1,1,2,1,1,2) - Do I drop him because he actually used a clue to find another HII? Not a chance! This guy OWNS the season. And spare me the aimless babble about editing. Russell has earned his screen time and deserves top ranking. More impressive than finding his THIRD HII is the fact he put a Plan B with John into action knowing a 5-5 initial vote was imminent in ep. 10. And the reason John is out of the game is because Russell wanted him out of the game.

2) NATALIE (5,9,9,5,5,7,6,11) - I'm really acquiring quite a fondness for Natalie. Too bad she's Russell's puppet. To her credit almost every crumb of food the winning team enjoyed at their reward in ep. 10 they owed to Natalie. And she was beyond impressive in the ep. 12 IC. If she continues to make her mark in the challenges I wouldn't be upset if she wins this out of default even though I will always contend that Russell deserved it.

3) MICK (7,5,8,4,8,11,9,5) - His IC win in ep. 10 put Galu at a higher probability of drawing the purple rock should TC had come to that. A mathematical fact I'm sure didn't escape the mind of our rocket scientist.

4) DAVE (9,6,5,2,1,3,6,7T) - He gets low marks in ep.10. If you're going to put your fate in the hands of "Lady Luck" at least make sure the percentages are in your favor. But somewhat redeemed himself in ep. 12. Without Jaison's advantage, Dave wins IC. I also applaud how he handled obnoxious Shambo.

5) JAISON (8,11,12,13,13,15,8,1) - Whereas other posters on these Boards never gave Danni in Guatemala the credit she deserved for being the highest bidder on an advantage that assured her the IC win, I won't do the same with Jaison. Kudos for spending every penny he had on the IC advantage. Funny how a whinner's disposition can change when things start to go your way.

6) MONICA (3,8,11,12,12,16,12,12) - Perhaps it's just me but does anyone else get the sense that she prances around like a peacock? She's been playing with "house money" for the past several episodes and the reason she advances is because everyone knows she's an inept competitor. Hardly any reason to be cocky.

7) SHAMBO (4,3,2,3,5,12,4,15) - This chick definitely does NOT rock...as a matter of fact I am downright disgusted. Regardless of how the Barbie Doll Clique treated her, her laughter at the IC when Laura tossed her rock poorly and her giddiness at TC when Laura was voted off bordered between poor sportsmanship and outright mean. This carried over into ep. 12 with her attitude toward Dave and her obnoxiousness while cooking the chicken. You (and your dreams) take a FAR back seat to Russell. This season belongs to him, not you.

8) BRETT (10,7,4,10,10,8,10T,7T) - Well he broke two tiles with one toss...AHHHH...HMMMM...OK...what else can we say about him??? Not a heck of a lot. A monumental waste this season.

BOOTED) JOHN (6,4,6,8,7,14,13,14) - He handled the "let's make John a pawn without conferring with John first" suggestion in ep. 10 a whole lot better than I would have. That being said, why would he put himself in a 1 in 7 chance of ending his game to save Laura or any other Galu member for that matter? I agree with his decision to vote Laura.
But I disagree with not giving out the apple pie to four others at the auction and calling out Russell to admit he had the HII. These two blunders are why he's sitting on the Jury, not because he voted for Laura to prevent the purple rock debacle.

BOOTED) LAURA (2,2,3,6,9,13,15,13) - In ep. 8 she confidently proclaimed 90% power for her and her alliance and tossed Russell a bone giving him a paltry 10%. Well, Well, Well...Funny how those numbers shifted in two episodes! Although her feud with Shambo and the threat of the purple rock contributed greatly to her boot, she's been the closest victim of the Anti-Darwin Syndrome we've had this season.

JURY

ERIK - I rarely comment about Jury members on this list but Erik needs to be controlled. Production should only allow him to walk into TC with his hands tied behind his back and wearing an iron mask. I find his crybaby comments and antics at TC annoying. His continued obnoxious behavior further confirms that Erik, and Erik alone, was responsible for his demise.

KELLY & LAURA - As for the other Jurors...I guess they don't provide bras on the Ponderosa?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Survivor Love/Loathe List v19.10 & 12"
Posted by michel on 12-05-09 at 00:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-05-09 AT 00:57 AM (EST)

"I'm really acquiring quite a fondness for Natalie."

What took you so long?

Posted by garcor on 12-05-09 at 09:48 AM
LAST EDITED ON 12-06-09 AT 06:51 PM (EST)

1) Russell: For the fact that even though the smart vote for Foa Foa appeared to be Dave, the strongest challenge performer still trusted by Galu, it was John that was voted out. While Mick might have agreed with Russell's assessment that John was a more dangerous player, it was Russell's idea. Seems to be a pattern, that for better or worse Russell is the originator of ideas Foa Foa then puts into action.

Not sure that the John ouster isn't really the result of a blunder by Russell, rather than by John. Shambo is not exactly dependable; could another Foa Foa (Jaison??) convince her it was Russell's idea to ignore Shambo's wishes by voting out John(and ignore her feelings by not telling her their plans.) Remove one more Galu and it could be time for an attempt at blindsiding Russell.

2) Jaison: Agree with his argument that, for Foa Foa, Dave should have left first, then John. Also smart use of money at food auction giving Foa Foa the opportunity to target Dave if desired.

3) Mick: Appears to get along with everyone. Suspect he plays a big role in passing along Russell's ideas to the other Foa Foas. Could be target down the road due to previous IC win.

4) Natalie: Even if Russell goes, might still hang around a while as not likely to be viewed as big challenge threat despite strong performance in previous week's reward challenge. Also did well in latest IC challenge.

5) Brett: If only because having made so little of an impression its hard to see why he would be an immediate target.

6) Monica: Fortunes have declined with Galu's but likely to stay a little longer because not a threat. Either Brett or Monica could be a spare vote if Foa's decide its time to start taking out each other.

7) Dave: Kind of like Dave, but his chances of going much farther short of an extended IC run should be very slim.

8) Shambo: Nice goodbye to the chickens, but childish behavior when Dave questioned her about her cooking technique added to distinctly unnice, and neverending, mean comments about Laura make Shambo appear to have the emotional maturity of a 12 year old. If Foa Foa has any doubts about her loyalty after ignoring her in the John vote out, she could be the next one targeted. Doubt Galu feels any loyalty towards her; and without John not at all sure any of the remaining Galu would think up a plan to use her vote over voting against her at Foa's suggestion.

Gone: John - Reminds me some of Jonathan from Cook Islands. Smart and strategic, but didn't seem to understand that his calculations could make him seem untrustworthy to the other players on his tribe. Not good in a game where sometimes it is more important to be seen as a vote you can count on than as a strategic mastermind. Doubt he was the threat to Foa Foa, or to Russell, they seemed to perceive him as being. Why would any of the remaining Galu's have trusted John. Better for them to remove him from the game. Keeps them around a little longer hoping a crack will appear within Foa Foa.

Still see his targeting Monica after merge as beginning of Galu's loss of power.

Gone: Laura - Overall strong player, both socially and in challenges, but fixation on voting for Russell showed limited strategic thinking. Might also have been partially responsible for Galu's problems after merge. Could have insisted on taking out a Foa Foa or two first, and then targeted Erik (or John if by then discovered John was responsible for targeting Monica.)

Posted by Aruba on 12-05-09 at 11:32 AM

>"I'm really acquiring quite a fondness
>for Natalie."

>
>What took you so long?

HaHaHa

Unless it's blatantly obvious that a castaway is controlling a season, i.e., Russell it generally takes me a while to warm up to a player especially with the pathetic job production does casting players.

Although nothing is etched in stone, I personally feel the endgame for this season is ridiculously predictable. That being said, Russell most likely makes the Finals and with Natalie probably sitting next to him coupled with a disgrunted Jury, Natalie has to be a huge favorite to "win" this season.

Posted by michel on 12-06-09 at 01:32 PM
1- Russell H.: His strategy of using different factions within Galu for each vote is very impressive. He can tell the jurors that it was only strategy, that what he did to one he did to the other. On the other hand, it spreads the resentment.

2- Natalie: I'm hoping she surprises Russell with what she tells the jury.

3- Jaison: You have to respect someone who gives it up for the team.

4- Mick: He didn't bid for the IC advantage or the clue to the HII, he only thought of himself.

5- Monica: If only Galu had listened to her.

6- Dave: He missed a game changing move: Had he, Brett and Monica voted against Mick along with John it would have been a 4-4-1 vote. Shambo would have been the deciding vote in a John/Mick showdown and she probably votes against Mick.

7- Brett: He's best friend with everyone on the jury! Unfortunately, they can't help him now.

8- Shambo: That was a weird psychedelic dream! Shambo is used to military structure and that's not what you find on survivor.

Booted- John: He trusted Russell. How could he not see it coming?

Previously booted- Laura: Even if the editors made her appear unlikable, she wasn't bad. No crusade, no preaching, no "God is on my side". She just wasn't prepared for the Russwine flu pandemic.

Posted by iltarion on 12-09-09 at 01:35 AM
Out of the loop for a while. Busy and 4 year old son had the H1N1 and was literally touch and go for a while. GET IMMUNIZED. That's my PA for the day, and it is a hell of a lot more important than the following.
Also, two episodes in one.

1. Russell- Duh. HII's are tiring, but at least he is keeping this one secret. Wise. John was the latest idiot to trust him, and then John didn't even blame him. I don't think we've ever seen a tribe with so much animosity for itself, oh, except for last season. Problem for Russell is Club Med will be on the jury, though I could see Monica voting for him.

2. Jaison- When did this guy start playing the game? Welcome. Danni gets little credit for spending all her money for the IC clue because she was the next obvious boot. Considering Jaison was in little danger, he deserves credit. His concerns regarding Shambo were probably unfounded, though well thought out.

3. Mick- When did this guy start playing the game? Welcome. So, he wins one IC and suddenly he's John's choice to boot? Pathetic. Could he be realizing he is not in Russell's FTC plans? Maybe.

4. Monica- Because she's my girl. And there's not much else left.

5. Natalie- JT's girlfriend after this, I hope. No one in the right mind should want to take her to the end.

6. Dave- On the chopping block. Got to see Benedict John go out first at least.

7. Brett- His whole alliance is gone. If I were him, I'd be missing Kelly.

8. Shambo- Complete tool, and childish on top of it, which is surprising. Psychoanalyst's dream, or nightmare.

the recently de-torched

Laura- One of the strongest female players all around that we've ever seen. Was actually playing a leadership role instead of the normal UTR or coat tail riding strategy we see from women. Lacked good strategy though or an alliance-mate who at least had it themselves, like Tom had in Ian. Don't know who is to blame for the rift with Shambo, but it ultimately cost her and all of Galu. Season became much less interesting to me once she was gone.

John- Smart guy who just out-thought himself. This ISNT rocket science, man. Never seemed to grasp that you need to build trust in this game BEFORE you can execute strategies. Think through it mathematically, man. If you pick the rock you have a one in 7 chance of being gone, and there are 3 chances that a Foa Foa will be gone. That means there is 3X higher probability that a Foa Foa will be gone than you will. You have to like those odds. On the other hand, all of Galu puts their games on the line by forcing the tie, and you screw them over, you just lost 4 votes and now have virtually NO chance of winning the game. Tell me how that makes your strategy better than the fricking purple rock? Good luck with that.
Then you blame Galu for jumping on a chance to boot you? HAHAHAHAHA...

>