URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID85
Thread Number: 492
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Well K9 won..."

Posted by BBIISP2 on 09-05-06 at 11:18 PM
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 11:22 PM (EST)

I was real disappointed to see k9 win because being born and raised in Seattle, I was pullin for Walter to win the whole thing. Being 16, and a boxer myself, I know that I really havent been able to see alot of the older boxers and things like that but I am still smart enough to know what a boxer looks like. What really made me mad was that K9 does not know how to box. He just goes in there with his strength and tries to knock people out. I understand alot of other professional boxers do that but K9 is not somebody that is exciting to watch. The only reason there was the slightest bit of "excitement" was because of the music and fans screaming and because Walter is actually a real boxer, but in the end it is still a TV show and only the good shots or turning points in the fight are used. Hopefully Walter comes back to Seattle and finds his way to national exposure now because I think Walter is a better boxer and more people will want to watch him, rather than K9, in a REAL fight that includes more than 5 and without all the TV stuff going on behind the scenes. In the end, Walter is still the better boxer and even Michael Clark was better than K9, so its just very disappointing to see something like this happen.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Well K9 won..."
Posted by SDcalibur on 09-05-06 at 11:41 PM
preach, walter won that bout no doubt k-9 got lucky too much grabbing and pulling on k-9s behalf. i give it to him the fight against michael clark but this time luck took the wrong turn.

Posted by poetrocity on 09-06-06 at 00:55 AM
LAST EDITED ON 09-06-06 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

Blame nobody but walter. Wanted to brawl instead of box. I would say k9 is way more exciting to watch. He is in there to fight. To let his hands go. Had walter stayed on the outside and boxed. Walter hands down. But he wanted to brawl, right into K9s plan.

And don't get me wrong, I thought walter had an excellent chance. Things sometimes just don't fall your way.

Posted by boltjolt on 09-06-06 at 02:29 AM
You think Michael Clark is a better boxer? Maybe so, but he got his butt floored by k-9. And that's a very big part of boxing young blood. Is Walter better than k9? Maybe... but not tonight. He was out of gas in round 5 and didn't throw many punches. That's why he lost.

Posted by Wacko Jacko on 09-06-06 at 09:52 AM
Walter winning would've been better for the future of the Contender boxers. I think he has a better chance to have success after the show.

Who won? I will just take what aired as the winner. And that was K9. Believe me.....there would be more money for the show if Walter had actually won. He would've been easier to promote. Think he was actually undefeated before that fight...but will have to look.

I was torn who I wanted to win. I think a Forbes vs Wright fight would've been a great finale. But me being from Detroit I was rooting for K9. I guess whoever won I would've been satisfied just said Wright never made it to the final 4....because he had skill....more skill than K9.