URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID87
Thread Number: 489
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Question for DWTS Fans"

Posted by Queene1979 on 05-28-08 at 01:06 PM
How many of you would stop watching the show if the producers decided to cast a gay man or a lesbian on the show and paired them with a same-sex partner, e.g., Neil Patrick Harris with Tony Dovoloni or Ellen Degeneres with Kym Johnson?

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Question for DWTS Fans"
Posted by Estee on 05-28-08 at 03:58 PM
I would continue watching. I would just be patiently waiting for Len's head to explode.

We call a head explosion 'a Draco'.

Posted by Snidget on 05-28-08 at 05:08 PM
I wouldn't stop watching. Can we get Neil to wear Edyta's costumes because that would get me there every week, with popcorn.

I thought a lot of people had fun with the Mango, but I'm not sure if they would lose audience if that was every week or not.

My main problem would be the "stunt casting" of it and DWTS is already starting to get into "jump the shark" stunt casting issues for me with the last couple of seasons.

Although I'm not sure why someone who is gay can't dance with the opposite sex. Most people of any sexual orientation get over the "girls/boys have coooooooooties....squeeeeeeeee!!!!111!!!!" stage by the time they reach adulthood.

Posted by nailbone on 05-28-08 at 05:24 PM
Ellen Degeneres with Kym Johnson

Ellen, no. Portia, yes.

Posted by qwertypie on 06-03-08 at 01:12 AM
*giggle*

Bad Boner, bad boner!

Posted by qwertypie on 06-03-08 at 01:17 AM
Most of the gay men I know IRL are from professional ballroom dancing. They do not get skeeved out by dancing with someone of the non-preferred gender. I still can't understand why more straight men don't take ballroom dancing. Maybe Edyta's costumes will change this.

Posted by flystorms on 08-06-08 at 01:14 PM
>Most of the gay men I
>know IRL are from professional
>ballroom dancing. They do
>not get skeeved out by
>dancing with someone of the
>non-preferred gender. I still
>can't understand why more straight
>men don't take ballroom dancing.
> Maybe Edyta's costumes will
>change this.

Yeah a lot of male dancer are gay so I don't undertsand all the hoopla surrounding Lance. I mean sheesh, you can look at half the cast of SYTYCD and figure that there aren't many who are interested in their female dance partners.

If they were to do male-male or fem-fem, I'd be so annoyed that they stooped to that low for ratings, I probably would stop watching. It's sad that they would come to that, though I think it's highly unlikely. It just wounldn't make sense to do it that way.

Posted by Sagebrush Dan on 06-05-08 at 08:17 PM
*mmmmm*
*making mental picture of Neil Patrick Harris with Tony Dovoloni Mark Ballas*

Posted by rosekiki3 on 06-10-08 at 01:01 PM
What? Are you kidding me with questions like this? If anything I think it would be more entertaining, but to stop watching a show you already like over 2 same-sex dancers is just ridiculous.

On another note, is anyone else planning on tuning in to Celebrity Circus tomorrow night? It's like DWTS stars except that they're doing cirque du soleil type of stunts... I dunno, every time I see the clip of Chris Knight falling on his face I can't help but laugh.

"WARNING "
Posted by Bebo on 06-10-08 at 07:45 PM
Welcome to the forums. Please take a moment to read our community guidelines - there's a link at the top of the page. We don't bash other posters here or tell them their ideas are ridiculous. We also ask posters to keep show discussions about the relevant show, instead of posting about unrelated shows. And we consider posting the same message on meultiple forums spam - there's no reason to be talking about Celebrity Circus on forums devoted to different shows.

Posted by Ahtumbreez on 06-11-08 at 04:38 PM
I would hope that no one would, now if they cast Rush Limbaugh to dance with anyone that would get me to quit watching for that season. *gag

Agman took me to the islands

"POSTS REMOVED"
Posted by Bebo on 06-14-08 at 07:12 PM
Please read our community guidelines. It is not appropriate to take a show topic discussion off-topic to discuss other shows. There are appropriate forums and threads for that discussion, and please confine your discussion to those places.