URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4873
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 11"

Posted by Aruba on 05-01-09 at 05:36 PM
First time this season I guessed wrong before the votes were read. I thought Debbie was going home. I had the same expression as Stephen when he saw his name written down. Overall good episode.

1) STEPHEN (1,3,2,2,3,3,4,3) - Not sure I ever had anyone this horrible in challenges consistently ranked this high, but much like Rob C., the guy is playing it. I'm liking his chances to win this season. Always involved; never blamed. Great combination.

2) DRAGONSLAYER (4,6,8,8,9,9,11,9) - Funniest moment for me this episode was Benji asking JT if he heard him yell "Dragonslayer" when he won the IC. Are you kidding me?...He yelled it loud enough for those four-foot pygmies who supposedly abducted him to hear! It was a key win for him nevertheless. But we'll never know for sure if it was just a "security blanket" or his golden parachute.

3) JT (3,2,3,7,4,6,6,1) - He walked away from TC as a liar who broke a promise sealed with a handshake, and in less than 24 hours later everyone trusts him with their lives??? I can't figure out this guy's secret but hoping to see a Steve/JT F2. Should the Jury mirror a judging panel at a Beauty Pagent voting for Miss Congeniality, JT could win this thing.

4) DEBBIE (2,5,6,6,8,7,13,14) - Not a good episode for her. Showed weakness cracking under the wear & tear of the game. Even though Sierra is an annoying b!tch, I didn't like the ugly side of Debbie we saw. Debbie the gymnast is more fun to watch.

5) TAJ (6,4,5,5,2,2,5,4) -It's a sad day for Survivor when this challenging contest gets described as a ridiculous "Soap Opera" by an UTR player. It's even more sad when this UTR player makes it to the F6.

6) ERINN (5,7,9,10T,10,11,12,11) - The mastermind and grand strategist that she is orchestrates yet another boot. Gee...so why did she vote Stephen? Just another "trick" you can credit to MB's wizardry I guess?
Oh, and she really wasn't inept and suffering on EI; clearly anyone who knows Survivor can chalk that up to editing. Ok, enough with the sarcasm. Let me say it straight...this chick SUCKS!

BOOTED) SIERRA (7,8,7,4,6,4,3,2) - She know's it's coming down to either her or Debbie...so what does she do? At TC she targets the person wearing the Immunity Necklace. DUH! What an idiot; but she's right about deserving some credit after being written off on Day One as a sick liability and making it to Day 30.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 11"
Posted by kingfish on 05-01-09 at 07:26 PM
Picking Debbie this week wasn't so bad. It was about 50/50 between her and Sierra, as far as we could tell. And Stephen was torn, as was JT, either could have the other way and produced a tie.

I picked wrong too, even up until the last vote was read. I was sure the last vote was going to be Debbie and that there was going to be a tie breaker. Purple rock or whatever.

Posted by garcor on 05-01-09 at 08:05 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-09 AT 08:54 PM (EST)

1 JT): Even JT is amazed at the fact people trust him the way they do. Not to mention like him. Seems everyone is a little afraid of going against him. Looks like it could be his game to lose if he makes it to final TC. So the others should be scheming to put him out of the game. That includes Stephen.

2) Stephen: Along with JT appears in complete control. Not sure from way they are confiding and voting if Stephen hasn't decided to try to go to final TC with JT, hoping to convince jury he was the chief strategist and deserves to win. They sure seem to have talked out the different options; who to keep around and use for their vote and who to discard. Wonder how smart it would be for Stephen to try to think he could beat JT at final TC. Especially if Taj asks for the II back and Stephen refuses to give it. Not only would he likely lose her vote she might make him look bad with other jurors. JT doesn't seem to have those types of issues.

3) Erinn: The self described prissy girl is holding up better than either Debbie or Sierra despite not having had any close allies (save perhaps briefly Joe.) Jeff in his EW blog said conditions during her exile non-island stay were a lot worse than they looked on the telecast. And she was certainly if not the source of the idea, at least near the center of the move to remove Tyson. Not sure what her Stephen vote meant. If the alliance wanted to split the vote in case Sierra had Brendan's II they sure wouldn't want it split between two people with one being Stephen. Maybe it was nothing more than Erinn haven't promised not to vote against Debbie or Sierra but why honor that if you are in a supposed four way alliance including Stephen. Think Erinn is willing and capable of trying to stir things up against JT/Stephen.

4) Taj: Not sure why she voted for Debbie? Seems to have been marginalized. From co-leader of the cross tribal alliance to solid vote in Jalapao plus alliance. A couple weeks ago Brendan and Taj controlled both II's and a supposed secret alliance. Still seems well-liked but doesn't seem to be showing much inititive any more. If none of the remaining women do it could be a pretty boring march to final TC for JT/Stephen except to watch them skillfully use and discard other survivors.

5) Debbie: Meltdown after Sierra did nothing more than tell her the truth both looked and sounded bad. Why throw away any possibility of forming an alliance against the Jalapaos. So far every indication is that JT/Stephen have made promises to Coach/Debbie they have no intention of keeping. She may be well-liked but don't see how she can win unless she makes some major move. So far she has come across far more as a follower than as a leader.

6) Coach: Again some funny moments but the mishandling of the attempt to re-form Timbura (though unlikely they could have swayed Errin) and the apparent blind faith in JT's word doesn't say much for Coach's gameplay. Sierra also made both him and Debbie look bad in confronting them about the lame attempt to approach her. Why did they bother if they backed away the second Sierra didn't agree to play on their terms? Appears ready to throw Debbie as he twice explained away his lies by saying Debbie initiated the conversations. JT/Stephen might want to consider indulging his warrior fantasy to take him with them as far as necessary.

GONE - Sierra: Probably looked better than she has since the first week in trying to get some satisfaction from Coach and Debbie and then outing them as liers. And her TC jousting with Coach was humorous. Of course, would have been even better for Sierra if she could have formed an alliance that would have kept her in the game. On the other side, would the Jalapao's have been better off getting rid of Debbie. Sierra didn't seem very well liked by anyone (perhaps Brendan) was Debbie has been described as well liked. Makes Debbie seem a more likely ally for anyone trying to change the game.

Posted by shimane22 on 05-01-09 at 10:40 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-01-09 AT 10:44 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 05-01-09 AT 10:41 PM (EST)

OK, this is the only episode of this season I've seen so... jumping in here kind of late. Still, my thoughts:

1. Taj - Seems charming. I actually got the impression that she and Erin "wasting" their votes was a deliberate ploy to lull Debbie and Coach into false security with Stephen and JT, and was probably decided beforehand along with the guys.

2. Erinn - She was a trouper on exile island.

3. Stephen - Seems a bit neurotic, but will likely make it far.

4. JT - Everyone is eating out the palm of his hand. It's his game to lose.

<enormous gap>

5. Debbie - I can't see this woman working as a school principal. She is an idiot and a jerk.

6. Coach - This guy is a repulsive creep... makes me nostalgic for Jonny Fairplay.

Sierra: Apparently everyone there hated her but I didn't really get why from what we saw in this episode. Seemed like she had a much better grip on reality than Debbie and Coach... still, she was pretty resigned to her fate and didn't fight all that hard to stay.

Posted by Jims02 on 05-02-09 at 00:56 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-09 AT 00:58 AM (EST)

When seeing the votes the first time, it took me a long time to figure out why they went down the way they did. Erinn voting Stephen and Taj voting Debbie? Weird.

Eventually, the only conclusion I could come to was that it was a plan to sucker Coach/Debbie into thinking Taj/Erinn are out of the loop on the voting. A 4-3 split might delude Coach/Debbie into thinking the alliance is tight. It doesn't make sense for the Jalapao alliance to keep Erinn out of the loop, especially since her vote was most important to them this week. Plus, Taj didn't vote Sierra, and I'm not going to believe that she was out of the loop.

Anyway,

1. JT - Still the man. Everyone really likes him and he's sitting in the driver's seat of the game. I'm worried that Stephen might cut him out if they get to the F3 together, though.

2. Stephen - Good gameplayer, but doesn't have as much personality as JT.

3. Erinn - Still smoking hawt, but it took me awhile to figure out why she threw that vote at Stephen. She's still such a pawn in the game, which pushes her down the list.

4. Taj - Taj who? She's been invisible.

5. Debbie - She knows the game well, as she was the main person to realize that they lose in the F5 if they boot Sierra/Erinn with the Jalapaos. It's a shame that she couldn't bite her tongue and work on Sierra better.

6. Coach - Still a shmuck.

A 2003 IceCat original

Posted by iltarion on 05-02-09 at 01:56 AM
Hooray! Useless Sierra is finally gone. I am at peace with whatever happens now. It would have been a travesty to see her dragged along for another week.

1. Stephen- In complete control. Frankly, where's his competition? The guy betrays the warrior alliance and comes out smelling like new car. He wins the popularity contest and warrants nary an eyebrow raised. His only challenge remains picking the right people for the FTC. A two person FTC with him and Taj would be his best bet. A 3 person FTC could cause problems. There is no guarantee he would win a vote against JT or Erinn.
2. JT- Moves back up after taking no heat for his betrayal of the warrior alliance. In fact, everyone STILL appears to trust him. He would still be the favorite to win a vote, though I doubt Stephen will let him make it that far. Almost came from behind to beat Coach in the IC.
3. Coach- Confrontation with Sierra was his low point of the season. Fortunately for him, he quickly followed it with his high point of the season by winning the IC. Is a IC run in him? Is it possible he has been laying low til now? Possible, though his ego would seem to make that unlikely. Did his lie about Sierra seal her fate and or was it unnecessary? If it was the former, then good move by him. If it was the latter, then he needs to drop the "tell no lies" routine. As much as I abhor lying, I don't have much of a problem with lying to someone who has already lied to you. Since Stephen and JT would fall into that category, then there you go. Having to defend yourself to a liar like Sierra must have been infuriating.
4. Debbie- Got more face time and showed she's doing everything she can. Attempt to rally Timbura was a good idea though Erinn would have made it impossible anyway. Unfortunately for her, she saw how Coach can be a bad ally due to his desire to tell the truth, though not the whole truth. If she plays too hard next episode, she just paints a bigger target on her back. Her best bet would have been to lay low and hope the targeting of the strong continued.
5. Erinn- Sitting pretty now. Even has a chance to win if she can make the FTC and face a mostly Timbura jury. Would she get Tyson, Coach, or Debbie's vote? That would be the big question. If she is against JT, then no. But if she were with Stephen and Taj, then maybe. And Stephen may want JT out of the FTC for his own chances. Problem is- I don't see a winner in her edit. I know she's made only one move in the game, but still. Only Taj has gotten less play the past so many episodes. If she did win, no winner would have won by doing less. Don't see it though.
6. Taj- Speaking of doing less, Taj is trying to set a new bar for UTR. This is quite the change from the shaker and mover in the first 4 episodes. The revealing of her family next episode likely won't help her already sparse chances.

the long awaited kiss goodbye
Hallelujah. Tried to bring surviving to a new level by skating by from literally Day 1. Something about her obviously is off-putting enough to make it immaterial whether her or Coach were telling the truth. Darn glad with her departure.

>

Posted by garcor on 05-02-09 at 07:29 AM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-09 AT 07:32 AM (EST)

"Having to defend yourself to a liar like Sierra must be infuriating." "Coach can be a bad ally due to his desire to tell the truth."

You're kidding right? Seriously, Coach has been lying, or exaggerating if you prefer, since Day One, to the point where it makes his grasp of reality seems questionable. And when called on it he actually increases the lie with comments like the thought of lying or betrayal "makes me sick." Lying appears to be as integral a part of his character as self-delusion. (And I don't dislike the guy; I've found him very entertaining, the Michael Scott of Survivor.)

Posted by iltarion on 05-02-09 at 08:12 PM
LAST EDITED ON 05-02-09 AT 08:19 PM (EST)

No, I couldn't be any more serious. Sierra was a known liar and couldn't be trusted by anyone. To be caught in a lie by her and forced to explain your way around it in front of everyone I'm sure was very frustrating and infuriating. Whether Coach is a liar or not makes no difference. If you are going to get called out by someone, the last person you want to answer to is Sierra.
The gist I got from Coach's explanation of events in front of everyone is that he was trying to tell as much of the truth as possible, even throwing Debbie under the bus in doing so. So, either he does have an aversion to lying and wanted to be as truthful as possible, or he wanted to get Debbie in trouble, or he figured a lie surrounded by truth is more believable, or he's just stupid. My feeling was it was the first option. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe he's just stupid or a very skillful liar, but I don't think he's stupid and if he was this pathological grand champion liar then wouldn't he have thought of something better that wouldn't have burned Debbie? Right. Logic seems to lean towards the first option. Maybe he is delusional and is willing to discard the truth as quickly as anyone, but he does seem to at least desire the image of truthfulness. So, there you have it.
And exaggeration and distortion, true, but what lies do we know Coach has told? There are a lot of assumptions being made. I assume he lied to Brendan when Brendan was booted, and his first line to Stephen and JT that "Sierra said she wanted to get Timbura back together," which certainly seems to be a lie, though the editing might have left out a lot of that conversation, therefore we can't even know that is a lie for sure.

Also, regarding some other posts, Erinn voted for Stephen because she told Sierra she wouldn't be voting for her. So, that's a lie she wouldn't have to answer to later on.

>

Posted by adricharlie on 05-02-09 at 09:36 AM
1. JT - It is funny how much everyone trusts him. He truly is playing the game and the people well. I don't think he'll make it to the final tribal council though since nobody there could be dumb enough to think they can beat him.

2. Stephen - I don't like him but again he is playing the game well with JT. I do see him turning on JT soon though and taking TAJ and Erinn to final TC.

3. TAJ - She seems like she's been playing the game all along. I see her making it to final tribal because she won't win if she gets there.

4. Erinn - I haven't seen every episode but the ones I've seen she has either been seen very little or practically not at all. I wonder though how much control or influence she has on the boys above. I see her going to final tribal too since she won't win either.

5. Debbie - I dislike her and her fit throwing. She would have been much better off being honest and saying yeah we tried but she wouldn't here of it so.... But to throw a temper tantrum when you're the one lying, whatever.

6. Coach - He is an idiot. He makes me sick bringing up how he can not abide lying, throws a little religion in, and then proceeds to lie his but off. I have disliked him from day one and will dance the happy dance when he is finally gone (which of course means he'll be around for awhile....)

Booted. Sierra - I never had the hate for her that everyone else did but JT and Stephen were right to want to get rid of her because she was unpredictable. She could have turned on them next and created problems they wouldn't be able to handle.

Posted by michel on 05-03-09 at 01:39 PM
Aruba, so much animosity isn't good for you.

1) STEPHEN (4,5,6,2,2,2,3,2,1)- Stephen's strategic game is the way I wish I could play. If he wins, he will have to be rated right up there with the best ever. However, he did something I didn't like; winning a reward challenge that you don't want to win. We know about the car curse but has anyone won the game after winning the coconut-chop type challenge? Rob C won it, didn't he?

2) ERINN (7,1,1,4,3,2,3,2)- This was Survivor at its core: "In my own personal tally of things that I’ve done in my life that I never thought I would overcome, this is going to be at the top of the list.” No Soap Opera, just survival. Something any fan should appreciate.
As far as the game is concerned, she was in a great spot but she has some explaining to do.

3) JT (3,4,3,5,5,4,1,3,3)- JT was the one that manipulated Stephen into voting out Sierra instead of Debbie so maybe, just maybe...

4) TAJ (9,6,4,6,6,6,4,5)- Twice now, Taj has reassured Stephen that Erinn is trustworthy so maybe, just maybe...
As far as: "It's a sad day for Survivor when this challenging contest gets described as a ridiculous "Soap Opera" by an UTR player."
I will say that the one responsible for the Soap Opera was your #2 rated player who quoted the bible to prove his virginity. Also, what do you propose Taj do instead of staying off the radar? Blow up at everybody just to make herself a target? Win an immunity challenge that she doesn't need? She is playing smartly. I guess that is why it is so hard to grasp.

5) DEBBIE (12,13,8,8,8,7,6,4)- Showed an ugly hypocrite side when she did to Sierra the same thing she had criticized last week. This time, it was Debbie who wanted to talk to Sierra and when she heard unpleasant truths, Debbie was the one who said "this converstaion is over." However, lets not discount Debbie as a shrewd player in this game. I did like her imitation of Jeff: "Debbie with her first bag!"

6) Coach (8,8,11,10,10,9,7,7) This week Coach reminded me of Sean Kenniff!! Yes, the megalomaniac, pathological liar known as Coach reminded me of the soft-spoken doctor. I could imagine Coach saying: "If they lie to me one more time THEN I will know they aren't being honest."

Booted) SIERRA (1,3,2,3,4,5,5,6) - When you watch the Insider Clip, you understand much more Sierra's last episode and it makes it hard to blame her. She had convinced Taj, Erinn and Stephen which meant 4 out of 7 votes except Stephen had to go with JT.

Posted by ohmyheck on 05-03-09 at 02:20 PM
Jenna actually won it, but Amazon was kind of a screwy season.

Posted by dabo on 05-03-09 at 02:54 PM
Didn't Rob C. intentionally tanked the chop challenge by giving the wrong answers? It was, considering the way he was playing the game, his smartest strategy for that particular challenge.

Posted by michel on 05-03-09 at 05:18 PM
Thank you, you are right, I was thinking of the episode #10 Q&A challenge that Rob won.

Posted by iltarion on 05-04-09 at 10:47 AM
Ah... I think what Stephen did on EI was surviving. What Erinn did was "dying" if she had to stay out there for a couple more days. The only surviving she did was when the crew picked her up and brought her back after 2 days. Hahaha... The weather made it difficult for her to do anything else, I understand, but I don't think we are tuning in to see people curl up in the fetal position until the crew comes to their rescue. I think we already know a human can survive a rain storm. I think it has more to do with "overcoming." At least she admitted she was out of her element though.

>

Posted by Aruba on 05-07-09 at 05:20 AM
>Aruba, so much animosity isn't good
>for you.

Nah, not animosity; just continue to be flabbergasted at the continued incompetence of the casting crew for Survivor.

>Also, what
>do you propose Taj do
>instead of staying off the
>radar?

For starters she could try playing the game more like the castaway I ranked #1 so I wouldn't have to rank her #5. But that would mean she couldn't take the easy cop-out approach she has been taken the past several episodes.

>2) ERINN (7,1,1,4,3,2,3,2)- This was Survivor
>at its core...any fan should appreciate.

Yes the rainstorm was wicked, but make no mistake a major reason we saw Erinn in the "survival" mode was because she showed us her "pathetically inept" mode leading up to her curled in a fetal position.

Call me cold and callous, but I felt no more remorse or pity for Erinn than I do for those tone-deaf auditioners who can't hang a tune and are appropriately told by Simon Cowell to scram.

The difference is American Idol has a Simon who assures only competent contestants get chosen...something Survivor is lacking.

Posted by michel on 05-07-09 at 07:59 AM
The majority opinion, from what I have read here and at other sites, is that this cast is a homerun.

And, as far as American Idol is concerned, I don't care, I don't watch. Competent artists wouldn't need the hype.

Posted by Aruba on 05-07-09 at 08:18 PM
Personally I would say the cast is slightly better than what we've had the past few season...but a "homerun?" Let's not get ridiculous now.

I don't really watch AI myself except for the first couple audition shows where wannabes make a total a$$ of themselves. Although I disagree with the "hype" label. A lot of talent would remain hidden if not for that show so it does serve a purpose.

Posted by cycles2k on 05-05-09 at 08:58 PM
1) Stephen - Shot way up my list when he orchestrated Tyler's demise. Perhaps it is the edit, or perhaps he is coming in to his own now, but he's demonstrating more personality and strategic ability now. I just can't figure out why he chose to vote off Sierra when she wasn't a threat.

2) JT - I've been completely wrong about this guy. His word is meaningless.

3) TAJ - She makes me chuckle.

4) Debbie - Meh. What was she crying about?

5) Erinn - This hairdresser is having one bad hair day after another.

6) Coach - Oh shut up.

BOOTED) SIERRA - She went out with a bang. Must be some kind of b--tch to have everyone disliking her so but I didn't see it. The kid is cute as a button.

Posted by bostonrobfan on 05-06-09 at 08:32 PM
1. Stephen
2. JT
3. Taj
4. Erinn
5. Coach
6. Debbie

Posted by sol on 05-06-09 at 11:42 PM
I gotta find a way to get to this thread more than just a few hours before the next ep.

1 - Stephen(1B,3,2,2,3,3,2) - this guy seems popular enough to be a real threat if he's F2. He has really grown as a person, and his social game was unexpected at the start.

2 - JT (1A,2,3,3,2,7,1) - can tell a lie with a straight face, and remain popular. He cast the bait to Coach, and Coach took it, hook, line and sinker.

3 - Taj (5,6,5,6,6,5,5) - her story isn't necessary right now and so she appears to UTR. I think the arcs for Erinn and Debbie are just getting more time rather than Taj not doing anything.

4 - Debbie (3,4,7,7,9,12,13) - the stress of the game is starting to show - lack of sleep, food and game-playing has made her snap a bit. But she's still a lot smarter than Erinn, who is just coasting.

5 - Erinn(4,5,8,8,7,11,10) - in S7 Sandra just coasted while others fried some fish. Erinn is able to take advantage the same way. The end is near for her.

6 - the Liar(7,8,9,11,12,13,14) - doesn't recognize truth/reality even when it slaps him in the face. Truly a reason to NOT watch.

Gonzo Alonzo - Sierra - maybe Tyson was right, she really isn't well liked ... except by some producer.