URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID58
Thread Number: 487
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Confession of an Average Joe..."

Posted by Scorpion on 04-06-04 at 02:51 AM
Well here it is the end of another series of "Average Joe", and I'll admit from the start... I was hooked from the first episode. I think there was something about the premise of this show that has rung painfully true. It finally offered and answer to the age old question of which is more important when choosing a mate "looks", or "personality". I think the show has really delivered an answer to that question, and I think it proves that yes "looks" matter more to those that are lacking in wisdom. I found it very revealing that Adam's parents could easily see through the facade of Samantha , while envisioning a future for Adam with Rachel at the same time.

I think that Adam's brief journey really encapsulated what it is like for a young man on the road to discovering what "true " love really is. I think as men we are bombarded with notions of "being the best" or "number one", In turn I think this competitive drive is carried over into our dating habits where it is believed that the guy with the best looking girl "wins". You have to understand that this attitude is really immature. Most men have been in Adam's shoes that have to make a similar decision between two women, will make the same exact choice... I did. But then something funny happens... After the relationship with "the hottie" disappears you can't help but wonder "what ever happened to?". It is only after you see your mistake laid out in front of you do you fully understand how wrong you were. This tends to happen about the same time as most guys are beginning to shed the trappings of youth and the notions they held on to while young teens - twenties. That's about the time most guys figuire out who they really are and define themselves. Only then can a guy start down the road to finding a woman who is right for him, and begin to understand what true love is all about. Adam will be headed down this road sooner rather than later, trust me.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Confession of an Average Joe..."
Posted by Jeff98765 on 04-06-04 at 03:27 AM
I disagree with your post because I think that Rachel was more beautiful than Samantha. One was certainly not inherently more beautiful than the other. That is for sure. Don't you agree? Others?