URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 486
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"A touching post-race interview with Ally/Donny (sniff)"

Posted by mikey on 07-16-04 at 09:33 AM
Ah, young love, the heartfelt, witty banter from two young lovebirds:

(from TV Guide on line -- My favorite line --" I would take the midget over her" -- and the most disheartening revelation for everyone sending in videos to get on the show -- they did not even apply for TAR)

Amazing Race Exes Get Evil
by Ethan Alter
Alison and Donny

It's often said that time heals all wounds. Apparently, that maxim doesn't hold true for Alison and Donny, the bickering couple who went from first to last during the second leg of The Amazing Race (Tuesdays at 10 pm/ET on CBS). In this exclusive Q&A with TV Guide Online, the estranged pair of losers air their grievances and let loose with a few well-aimed barbs. This unpleasant exchange is about as real as reality TV gets, Race fans. Buckle your seatbelts!

TV Guide Online: Alison, why did you decide to do another reality show so soon after Big Brother 4?
Alison: I got an e-mail from CBS asking if Donny and I wanted to do The Amazing Race together. I asked him, and he said he wanted to do it. Of course, I wasn't going to be the one to hold him back from winning $1 million and I was also all about trying to win $1 million. So we mutually decided to do it.

TVGO: Aside from the obvious, how did the two experiences differ?
Alison: Well, here you had to work with teams, and that sucked for me. It was a lot easier to do things on my own and do things the way I wanted to do them. During the race, you have to be impulsive and quick and if you make the wrong decision — or if you let someone else make the wrong decision — then you're done.

TVGO: Donny, why did you agree to sign on?
Donny: Pretty much just for the opportunity to travel around the world on someone else's dollar. That's something you can never pass up. Neither of us had ever seen Amazing Race before, so we didn't know what we were getting ourselves into. And most of the people on the show have been fans for life. I'm sure a couple of teams had diagrams in their basement of everything that's happened on every single episode. We were almost going in there blindfolded.

TVGO: How did you prepare for the race?
Donny: We were on the computer until four in the morning some nights doing straight-up research. You could tell from the first episode that we knew what we were doing, because we were the only people who actually asked which flight got there first. We did everything we possibly could to be prepared. We just tried to be overcautious at a certain point, and it didn't help much.

TVGO: Did you have a strategy going in?
Alison: We wanted me to be the brains and for him to be the physical aspect of the race. And in last night's episode, we kind of switched that a little bit. Donny decided to be mental as well, and that's kind of where we messed up.
Donny: The race was way easier to do than dealing with her.

TVGO: Was it difficult to watch yourselves argue like that?
Donny: Not at all. I knew exactly what to expect. There were no surprises.
Alison: It was difficult for me. I didn't realize that all the name-calling would be coming from his end, and the things he said after the race. I didn't realize any of that would happen. That was a big shock for my friends and family, too. was somebody I had trusted and confided in and for him to say such hurtful things killed me.
Donny: Okay, well, don't let your tears get in the way, because you're no angel.
Alison: Oh, I didn't cry, don't worry.

TVGO: I guess this brings up the relationship question. Where do things stand now between the two of you?
Donny: There's no relationship whatsoever. There's no speaking terms or anything. It ended the day the race was over.
Alison: No, that's not true. I moved in with him and his family for a couple of months after the race — I don't know why you're deciding to lie. Things were actually fine after the race for a while. Then, I found out that Donny was not only verbally rude to me, he was cheating on me as well. So I decided to leave him.
Donny: That's a good one, but no.

TVGO: Are you still living in the same city?
Donny: We're not anywhere near each other.
Alison: I moved like five states away, actually. Surprised, Donny?

Alison: He doesn't know.
Donny: He doesn't care.

TVGO: Getting back to the race for a moment, what happened with the bus to the cattle ranch? That seemed to be the point where you really fell behind.
Donny: We had no clue that there would be stops along the way. We thought, first-class bus, first-class seats, it would be direct the entire way. We also thought it was the only bus that went there. The other teams that got to the bus station after us found another bus that got there faster. At the point we got on the bus, we thought we were either first or last.
Alison: I knew we were last.

TVGO: Knowing what you know now, what's one thing you would do differently if you ran the race over again?
Alison: I definitely would not go on the show with Donny. It was sad because last night, all my ex-boyfriends were calling me, asking, "Why were you ever dating him?" and "Why did you go on the show with him instead of me?" That's the one thing I'd definitely change. I wouldn't have let him think. I wouldn't let him use his brains, if that's what you wanna call them.
Donny: Well, your good looks got us nowhere, so don't worry about it.
Alison: Hey, neither did yours.
Donny: I would take the midget instead of her.

TVGO: Um, so... All in all, are you glad you did this?
Alison: Yeah, I'm definitely glad.
Donny: I'm glad I got to travel around the world with someone I hated.
Alison: Maturity shines through...

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: A touching post-race interview with Ally/Donny (sniff)"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-16-04 at 09:49 AM
This is a priceless interview, I think I must go and print out a laser copy in colour and frame it. I'm now *really* glad CBS got these two to go out together on this show so we could be treated to this bon mot.

Woe? Be fun to see if they still come on out to Hawaii for their free trip!

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters
Posted by buckeyegirl on 07-16-04 at 11:56 AM
Sharkie wipe, please? That was priceless!! Thank you so much for sharing. Did you post this on the TAR boards?

Handcrafted by RollDdice!

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-16-04 at 12:24 PM
>Did you post this on the TAR boards?

Isn't this the TAR bashers board?

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters

Posted by Estee on 07-16-04 at 10:17 AM
...can't ...stop ...laughing... must get... off floor and... complete summary... sides hurt... chair on ground... neighbors calling asylum...

Posted by Puffy on 07-16-04 at 11:05 AM
Hilarious. A fitting end to their demise. Thanks for posting it.

AKA Puff Homes
J Slice original
The order of the banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Posted by AMAI on 07-16-04 at 11:32 AM
Awesome! Haha.

Donny: Well, your good looks got us nowhere, so don't worry about it.

These two are just priceless together. Can someone get them a Variety Hour?

Posted by Dizwiz on 07-19-04 at 12:46 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-04 AT 12:46 PM (EST)

Hear, hear! Better than Nick and Jessica any day!
Diz

Posted by PrincessJ on 07-16-04 at 12:15 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-04 AT 12:33 PM (EST)

Mikey! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! I'm glad I didn't miss this article. It was priceless!

Donny definitely had the best comebacks. He made me laugh more than Allison did.

Funniest Donny comments:

>Donny: The race was way easier to do than dealing with her.

>TVGO: Are you still living in the same city?
>Donny: We're not anywhere near each other.
>Alison: I moved like five states away, actually. Surprised, Donny?
>
>Alison: He doesn't know.
>Donny: He doesn't care.

>Donny: I would take the midget
>instead of her.

This is definitely a priceless interview.

ETA:
Allison's 15 mins should have ended on Big Brother or rather should not have started on BB. Get off the TV, out of the magazines, and out of the reality TV world. You annoy me!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by strid333 on 07-16-04 at 03:29 PM
That was hilarious. I could so hear Aliwhore sneer and her voice while reading it. Yep, I'm glad Donny came to some senses.

Three is the perfect number.

Posted by bdemoney on 07-16-04 at 03:53 PM
This should go down as the funniest interview in history!

Donny's line: I would take the midget instead of her. Actually made me laugh out loud! Too funny.

Posted by ginger on 07-16-04 at 04:51 PM
LOL!

And yet, don't be surprised if they wind up getting married some day. And pity the children.

The order of Banana delivery should be organized by location to save on shipping costs.

Posted by AugustGirl on 07-16-04 at 06:38 PM
That is truly hilarious. What a couple of crybabies.

Alison: He doesn't know.
Donny: He doesn't care.

Woo Hoo!

Hey it's the arithmetic clown -- he adds trouble, subtracts pleasure, divides attention, and multiplys ignorance. -- Monsty

Posted by Roobean on 07-16-04 at 10:00 PM
Great interview. They sure are a piece of work. I hope they can take their Hawaii trip separately.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004

Posted by Sunny_Bunny on 07-17-04 at 10:19 AM
fUNNIEST.INTERVIEW.EVER!

I have to agree with the majority here, and say that Donny is the more likable of the two, and the quickest wit. lol

Just Pray they dont ask either of them to join Survivor.

Posted by Breezy on 07-19-04 at 12:38 PM
That was hilarious! *snort*

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.