URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4858
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Damn they voted off Spencer"

Posted by funkyfitfreak on 03-14-09 at 06:23 AM
I bet I might be the only one on the forum to say this - I actually like Spencer and was annoyed he got voted off. One of the blokes apart from JT that seemed down to earth and nice.

I did read the profiles prior to the season starting so I knew he was gay. The profile gave a real good impression of him and for me translated on screen. I wonder if he had mentioned it if it would have made any difference. I think from reading the profiles then watching it I got a bit more of who they were which is why I like Spencer.

With the IC, Taj was scored on several times in the IC and she never got the grunt of it.

Damn

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Damn they voted off Spencer"
Posted by Aruba on 03-14-09 at 08:11 AM
I don't think anyone could say they hated Spenser as a "person" but as a "player" he was pretty much non-existent and clueless. If the players knew he was gay I really don't think it would have mattered that much. Castaways knew Rich (S1), Todd (China), and Rafe (Guatemala) were gay. Rich and Todd won, and Rafe probably would have won had he outlasted Danni and Steph in the Final IC.

Taj did get scored upon early in the contest but then she stepped it up and shut-out Brendan the rest of the way. Spenser performed poorly in almost every challenge this season. That was his kiss of death.

Posted by jobgirl on 03-14-09 at 05:42 PM
I liked Spencer too, Funky, but as Taj said, they'd run out of 'expendable' people and now they have to start voting out tribemates that they like and who are doing a good job, (for the most part) Even Spencer admitted he did a poor job at the challenge.

Posted by funkyfitfreak on 03-14-09 at 09:11 PM
LAST EDITED ON 03-14-09 AT 09:12 PM (EST)

Yeah I realise they were no more expendable people. I guess I hate the big liars (yes, I realise this is Survivor and that is an element of the game but there are a few that play with dignity) winning and there aren't usually good wholesome guys that win. Kinda of like Sugar's theory from last year.

There were a few links of post-interviews on the CBS forums of him and he mentioned a few alliances that supposedly formed but bc of time constraints don't get shown.

Spencer mentioned there was an alliance with Joe, Sydney and Spencer, but Joe put ideas in Sydney's head for the last week prior to Spencer's vote off that he was not trustworthy etc. There was also a mention that if it got to 6 there would be 3-3 tie and so Joe and Sydney voted that way...

There was also a mention of him and Survivor China's Todd Herzog getting spotted at a mall in Utah...Apparently that question has been coming up in post-interviews. Interesting...