URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4852
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Love/Loathe List - Episode 2"

Posted by Aruba on 02-21-09 at 01:03 PM
Yes, I'm late...and will probably not be a regular this season for personal reasons, but every now and then I'll pop in to offer sarcasm and justifiable criticism. Hey, even despite the bonehead casting selections perhaps some Kudos too.

Well here it goes for this season:

1) JT - Love the "Huck Finn" reference. Always have a soft spot for the outdoorsy, resourceful type in this game. Yep...the show's name is still "Survivor".

2) SIERRA - Felt bad for her when she was sick to start the season. But she has rebounded well and shows a good work ethic.

3) STEPHEN - Good narrator (something every season needs) and I like the fact that his mind is always in the game.

4) TAJ - Let's see...you're playing a game with a grand prize of a million dollars and you tell everyone you are married to a millionare??? If the cast has a collective IQ of 100...you're toast. But then again, this is Survivor. Anyway I love her competitiveness.

5) TYSON - A wacky Morman who gets wired and strips buck naked on day one. Geez...imagine if Mormans were allowed to drink coffee? But you know there's something about him that I like...but to quote Rudy Bosch, "Not in a homosexual kind of way."

6) JERRY - The big silent type. Playing it cool for now. Not bad strategy, but I hope he becomes more proactive as the season goes on.

7) BRENDAN - Throwing Taj under the bus claiming SHE had the urn with the clue and yours was empty? You better pray there's no tribal flip for awhile otherwise you'll be caught in a lie and it could be a sure ticket out of this game.

8) SANDY - The only thing that will save this joke of a castaway is a gazillion tribal switches which will put her in a position to sell her vote to the highest bidder (or biggest liar.) Hey, a similar joke came one vote away from winning last season because of that...so who knows?

9) BENJAMIN - I can't remember who said this on these boards a couple seasons ago, but anyone over the age of 25 who still feels the need to go by a nickname is a LOSER. So I refuse to call him "Coach", but if your players were watching your performance in the challenge, you may want to contemplate a career change.

10) SYDNEY - Only hott female left...I guess that makes her worthy of 10th on my list.

11) ERINN - The first defining moment she has this season was telling her tribemates at TC she doesn't trust any of them. Although it may be true, it's pretty dumb to say that out loud.

12) SPENSER - I don't know...I'm thinking a little too young and immature for this game. Although Erik was endearing at times in Skankivor: Micronesia, that only works once for me. Please let's not have another naive castaway make a bunch of idiots look "smart".

13) JOE - When doing this list from memory I realized I was one short and had to go to the CBS Web site to find out who was missing. It was Joe...nuff said.

14) DEBBIE - YIPPEE!!! They're building a firepit! Howabout a clambake? Maybe a couple castaways can play the guitar and everyone can sit around the campfire and sing "Kumbaya" BIMBO!!!

BOOTED) CAROLINA (Plastic Boobies #1 & #2) - Too bad your mouth was bigger than your... well I think you all get the message.

BOOTED) CANDACE (Plastic Boobies #3 & #4) - When you join Bootie #1 in "Silicon" Valley try wearing a muzzle (and support bra) this time. Good Riddance.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Love/Loathe List - Episode 2"
Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-21-09 at 07:31 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-09 AT 08:51 PM (EST)

Fantastic list Aruba!!!! Especially loved the references to the Bootees I'll come back and fill out my list after work!

Ok, here I go:

1) SIERRA - Seems really sweet and is working hard. Yes, she's tiny so at a physical disadvantage, but she makes up for it with heart.

2) TYSON - even if just for good entertainment value! This guy is a trip - sure goes against all the Mormon stereotypes! Fun loving and agressive/vindictive. Interesting and funny mix.

3) JERRY - really mellow and strong. I hope he can stay UTR and stay awhile. Think he's probably really good for the team, and a good survivor, especially after his military service. Think he's just playing it real quiet for now. Unlike some others I can think of!

4) BRENDAN - Eye candy, and seems really nice. Am enjoying him and can remember who he is. Some of them I have a really hard time with that! Hope his "acting" doesn't backfire on him. Hope he smartens up a little too!

5) JT - Not sure if he is who he says he is. . . Cattle rancher? Or is his daddy the cattle rancher? He's so young! But seems resourceful and sweet. Hopefully he will outlast.

6) TAJ - Major screw up telling everyone who she is. Bad strategy, but maybe she just couldn't keep it in. She's going to really have to make the team want to keep her around. Great spirit and strength in the water challenge, and she seems to be a really good person.

7) STEPHEN - Stereotyping himself as the city boy. Is he really that lost in the woods? Hope he can make himself needed.

8) SANDY - Oh my GAWD! She is SO clueless and such a goof ball. And she genuinely thinks she has a chance to win this thing? ACK!!!! For entertainment purposes only

9) COACH - Or should I spell it DOUCHEBAG? This one is a piece of work!!!! What an ego - Seagall lite. I've been roasting him in other threads, but I share Aruba's comment about "if you need a nickname. . . " Loser with a capital L on his forehead.

10) SYDNEY & ERINN - tied - nothing distinguishable about them yet. Yes they are pretty and fit and articulate. Need to see more of personality from each of them. At least I know who they are!!! (can't say that about . . #13)

12) SPENSER - Erik lite. No personality to speak of, and real green behind the ears. At least Erik was entertaining!

13) JOE - Joe who? As Aruba said: When doing this list from memory I realized I was one short and had to go to the CBS Web site to find out who was missing. It was Joe...nuff said.I have no idea who he is!

14) DEBBIE - She IS really simple. I don't know HOW she could have possibly fallen for the firepit story. I would think a principal would have a suspicious bone in her body!

BOOTED) CAROLINA (Plastic Boobies #1 & #2) & CANDACE (Oobies # & #4) Good riddance!!!! They hurt my eyes to look at them

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by Aruba on 02-22-09 at 07:44 AM
Thanks Kitty!

I know there's probably many male posters who will not be too happy about the first two voted out, but I had to put in my two (ummm, make that four) cents.

Posted by ADKer on 02-22-09 at 02:48 AM
Great list! I can't match your wit but I hhave to add a "love" to the list - The scenery in the opening credits is spectacular! There have been other fantastic, scenic locations but I don't remember sny opening credits as beautiful as Tocantins.

Posted by Aruba on 02-22-09 at 07:47 AM
I concur...I wish they would go back to a two-hour season premier so we could see more scenery footage and get more acquainted with the castaways early on.

Posted by garcor on 02-22-09 at 06:42 PM
Don't know half the cast yet so I'll list those I do know.

1) Sierra: Like the fact she responded to being voted "out" by her tribe by helping to set up camp by herself. Don't know if it was smart to tell Brendan about the II (or if she should have been able to find it) but thought quickly in coming up with the bonfire excuse.

2) Taj: Don't know if it was smart to tell her teammates about her husband, but it's out there now so it can not surface later as a surprise. Ability to dominate against other women in physical challenges might convince teammates to keep her around despite her relative wealth. Fact Brendan chose her to share exile could give her a needed ally later.

3) Brendan: Like him so far and has two potential allies in Sierra and Taj. Lie about idol clues does show he is willing to try to use his imagination, whether it works or not.

4) Spenser: Kind of like him so far. Seems to have his head in the game.

5) Coach: For comic relief and wardrobe choices only.

6) Stripping Morman cyclist: I think I have his occupation or avocation correct? Could be entertaining.

7) New York consultant: Makes a pretty good narrator so far.

8) Alabama farmer: Should do well outdoors.

Don't remember except one is named Sydney.

9) Sandy: Think she is going to grate big time by the fifth or sixth episode if she's still there.

Posted by michel on 02-23-09 at 10:54 PM

1) SIERRA - I love her story so far. Fighting against first impressions, trying as best she can but knowing it isn't all up to her. Smarter than I expected.

2) BRENDAN - He has a confessional where he tells us his job consists of getting people to work with him and we've seen Coach, Sierra and Taj offer to work with him and Jeff, during challenges, commenting that Erinn and Tyson worked well with him. Hummmmm... Impressive.

3) JT - It was actually a Tom Sawyer reference but I agree this guy is likeable and he has a nice story.

4) STEPHEN - I think he's funny at times. With JT, he's part of our first Odd Couple.

5) TYSON - Or, if you like Frick...

6) JERRY - To Jerry's Frack. OPur second Odd Couple, these two were always shown together and I simply loved how they acted like viewers at home in the end, commenting on the craziness at camp.

7) ERINN - I first thought she'd be higher on my list but I still like her despite her lack of airtime. She had a strong showing at Tribal. It set her up to either fall or shine the next time Timbits goes to Tribal.

8) BENJAMIN - The guys a moron, a jerk, a sexist pig which is great for the season!!

9) TAJ - She really was Mrs Eddie George during that challenge. The way she broke Candace's tackle attempt must have made Eddie proud.

10) SANDY - Too bad some eye candy had to leave for her to stay but she is funny.

11) SYDNEY - Cute, even beautiful but not much of a player.

12) DEBBIE - Stupid but an enthusiastic airhead. Rarely as the nickname Bubbles been so right!

13) SPENSER - He seems to be out of the loop.

14) JOE - He's being completely ignored by the editors so we can't say much about him even if he looks strong.

BOOTED) CANDACE: She was strong and had an amazing body but if she had only STFU for a few more days. Oh well...

Posted by shaneperry on 02-24-09 at 02:51 PM
NOT AGAIN!! all the hot women are allways voted off 1st. The men on survivor are sooo stupid an the other women are jeolous. That goes to show ugly women allways rule.

Posted by Aruba on 02-24-09 at 08:53 PM
Hey...my pal Michel!

Other than Brendan and Taj our lists are pretty similar...what the heck is going on here???!!!

That's OK...the season is still young

Posted by krismiss2us on 02-24-09 at 11:54 PM
I don't understand how this game works. Or is it a game? I admit, I was a blond in a past life.

Posted by michel on 02-25-09 at 00:22 AM
Krissmiss, it isn't a game, you just list who you like and dislike.

Aruba, it is strange! The only reason why I have Taj so low is that I think she shouldn't have revealed her secret. Why give them a reason to vote you out?

Posted by CTgirl on 02-25-09 at 08:58 AM
Give it time, you guys will disagree on someone! I am surprised Aruba, that you don't like Coach more just because of his vote out the weakest strategy!

It's late in the week and I'm going ditto michel's list, especially his top 5. I probably would have had Jerry a little lower and Spenser a little higher, but it doesn't really matter, they're not major players.

Top of the mornin' by O'Agman

Posted by michel on 02-25-09 at 09:59 AM
Maybe I should have put Spenser a little higher myself!

Posted by Aruba on 02-26-09 at 07:05 PM
Hey CT

As far as Benjamin (who I refuse to call "Coach") is concerned, after his lackluster performance in the challenge he is hardly in any position to assess the "weakest" member of the tribe.

Yes he talked about voting out the weakest...but did you (or Benjamin) really think Candace was the weakest?

Posted by Aruba on 02-26-09 at 07:01 PM
I agree with you on Taj...that was dumb. And I was thinking her bottom half in my ranking after that. But being a beast in the challenge I just had to put her in my Top 5 for this week.

Posted by sol on 02-25-09 at 10:50 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-25-09 AT 11:46 PM (EST)

okay, here goes, my first post here.

1 - Tyson - I find his straight-faced ability to lie entertaining. I don't expect him to have rings for his pretty fingers and a man- tiara, but I do expect him to make merge.

2 - Stephen - Out of his element, but adapting ...and appears to be making a valued alliance.

3 - TJ - this guy has been a horse in challenges, and he has a good side, aligning with Stephen

4 - Brendan - nice straight faced lie to Benji, can't help but think he can go far.

5 - Taj - a real force in the water challenge. Looks like she more than just watched football.

6 - Jerry - UTR right now, and hasn't shown the strength in challenges I would expect, but not a bad guy.

7 - Sierra - Benji calls her sweet, more than once ... but sweet doesn't do it for me. I appreciate her try ... and it may carry her to merge.

8 - Spencer - immature, but claims to be a knowledgeable fan, he might (???) provide some insight down the road, but ... I dunno, I get no real feel for the guy.

9 - Sydney - who???, eye candy ... but I think it was Sydney that jumped on Tyson's back and he couldn't shake her the same way that Candace threw her away earlier in the challenge.

10 - Erinn - provided a comic moment as Sandy's 'horse'. Out of her element, expect to see her out of the game soon.

11 - Debbie - Bubble-head, as in nuthin' in the noodle ... for a principal she hasn't learned how to think for herself, and can be easily lied to.

12 - Benji - reminded me of Mike Tyson ... what part of NO don't you understand. The guy is a deluded perve. The sooner he stops wasting my time the better.

ETA ... OMG, how could I forget the crazy lady. Okay, Sandy at #11. I think the reason for her goofy smile is she wears a top plate that doesn't fit right ... it's the bug eyes that freak me out.

new #12 - Joe - even more invisible than Sydney.

So that makes Debbie #13, and Benji still ... and always .... LOST ... ooops, wrong show, thank gawd he's not on that ... always last.