URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID69
Thread Number: 485
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"whats up w/ Ruben"

Posted by nikkiwood on 08-25-05 at 05:25 PM
Anyone know when Ruben is coming out w/ new cd or going on tour or anything? He is such a talented singer, I would love to see him in concert,but can't find anything on a tour. B.T.W. I went to AI on tour in my area (this season) and it is highly recomended for fans. GREAT show!!!!!!!!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: whats up w/ Ruben"
Posted by Snidget on 08-25-05 at 06:52 PM
Found a few articles on google.com

Looks like this fall there may be a third album

http://www.billboard.com/bb/search/article_display.jsp?schema=&vnu_content_id=1000922062

But most of the articles about it were written in May, 2005 so I'm not sure if it is on schedule.

A Syren Creation

Posted by irishrose on 08-30-05 at 11:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 08-30-05 AT 11:18 PM (EST)

I know that a while back he was supposed to coming to the Boston area but I forget where it was. One of the smaller venues I know for sure because I was thinking that with it being the only area preformance it would be someplace bigger. I checked his website and there was nothing listed on apperances(sp?)he would be making.

Edited because I just checked ticketmaster. Ruben will be in Atlantic City on Sept 30 and Oct 1

Posted by LisaPles on 08-04-06 at 11:56 AM
I heard on the radio yesterday that Ruben is going to put out a new CD at the end of September. The new CD will be "R&B" songs, different from the gospel CD he released some time ago.
I Love Ruben!

Posted by BOYmeetsREALITY on 08-04-06 at 04:13 PM
Hope this helps...I saw this earlier today.

FROM CNN.com:

================================

Aiken and Studdard face off again

NEW YORK (AP) -- Two former "American Idol" rivals -- second-season winner Ruben Studdard and runner-up Clay Aiken -- will battle again when their new albums are released next month.

Aiken's third album, "A Thousand Different Ways," will be in stores September 19. The new CD combines 10 cover versions of well-known songs from the '70s, '80s and '90s with four new songs, RCA Records announced Thursday.

Studdard's "The Return" will be released September 26 on J Records. It follows his 2004 gospel album, "I Need an Angel."

Studdard narrowly beat out Aiken to win the "American Idol" contest in May 2003. Their debut albums -- Aiken's "Measure of a Man" and Studdard's "Soulful" -- were released later that year, with Aiken's CD in stores about two months before Studdard's.

The first track on Studdard's new CD is "The Return of the Velvet Teddy Bear," the 27-year-old singer said earlier this week.

Tracks on Aiken's new disc include Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do (I Do It for You)," Celine Dion's "Because You Loved Me" and Elton John's "Sorry Seems to Be the Hardest Word."

"This is an album of love songs, but they are about all different kinds of love. Romantic love, friendship, unconditional love," Aiken said in a statement Thursday.

"Since so many of these songs are covers, it's realistic to say that many of them have been or could be sung a thousand different ways," the 27-year-old singer said.

"A Thousand Different Ways" follows Aiken's 2004 release, "Merry Christmas With Love."

Posted by geekboy on 08-04-06 at 04:49 PM
A CD of cover songs? Why, Clay, why?!

I'm quite disappointed. I was looking forward to his 2nd CD, and now ... big deal.

First the horrific new hairdo, now a CD of love song cover versions? Who is managing his career lately? He got off to such a great start, and now it seems as if he's totally lost that focus.

Just my $0.02.

geekboy