URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID4
Thread Number: 4846
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"We could start the first Love/Loathe list --"

Posted by Estee on 02-13-09 at 11:59 AM
-- if only we had any idea who half of these people were...

'Three days. Six revealed personalities. One crappy editing job!'

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: We could start the first Love/Loathe list --"
Posted by byoffer on 02-13-09 at 01:16 PM
I completely agree. Probably the worst first ep ever from that perspective.

I guess they spent too much time with the reading of the first impression votes. It takes a long time to read votes when they don't know names.

*reads vote*
"the skinny white girl with the short sandy blonde hair with the dark pants and striped shirt who just coughed all over us and"

*flips paper*

"who seems to have some sort of disease that may or may not be strep throat and who... "

Can I get another piece of paper?

Posted by kingfish on 02-13-09 at 03:22 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-13-09 AT 03:22 PM (EST)

Well, if they had just said "the Bitch", half the field would have been eliminated. And Tyson.

They had to narrow down which Bitch they meant.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-13-09 at 03:24 PM
Simply saying "Zebra" would have been a lot easier and less lengthy.

Posted by Bebo on 02-13-09 at 03:27 PM
Crazy Cat Lady. She's the only one I remember from the episode, so she's at the top - and the bottom - of both lists.

Posted by Max Headroom on 02-13-09 at 04:02 PM
I'm not happy with any of them. The first boot is traditionally reserved for a scraggly, crazy old lady, but this group decided to break with tradition and keep their scraggly, crazy old lady and instead vote off someone who was much easier on the eyes. (Her voice? Was easily neutralized by my TV's mute button.)

agman's helping me survive

Posted by kingfish on 02-13-09 at 07:40 PM

Posted by jbug on 02-13-09 at 09:07 PM
poor guys. Did you even get to see her in this bikini?

Posted by michel on 02-14-09 at 02:41 AM
>The first boot
>is traditionally reserved for a
>scraggly, crazy old lady, but
>this group decided to break
>with tradition and keep their
>scraggly, crazy old lady and
>instead vote off someone who
>was much easier on the
>eyes.

Tradition?
S7: Nicole voted before Lil
S9: Dolly voted instead of Scout
S11: Morgan voted instead of Lydia
S14: Erica voted instead of Sylvia
S17: Michelle voted instead if Gillian.

Posted by Belle Book on 02-14-09 at 12:49 PM
Actually, Twila was the target in Vanuatu, not Scout -- although Scout should have been the target. But yeah, young women have often gone home before older ones. Most of the younger women who went home before the older ones did so because they did something to make themselves look like bigger targets -- and usually it involved opening their mouths and saying something dumb. Nicole was voted out because she was trying to get rid of Tijuana, Dolly got voted out because she couldn't commit to one group and Erica was voted out because she couldn't stop herself from making comments during the second Immunity Challenge which led to her tribe's loss.

Belle Book

Posted by PsychoKitty on 02-13-09 at 04:55 PM
Crazy lady was, IS a numbskull!!!! What the *** was that with the paces? and not being able to recognize a palm tree? Jeez!!! How has she lived so long?

Cracked me up the way they showed the first impressions back and forth before they'd even all spoken to each other - each thinking the same about the other one! Too funny! Loved that And I would have been pissed too to have been kicked off first, but then when Sandy got a chance at redemption, she didn't do a thing! She won't be around very long. . . I guess Caroleeeeeeena was just too annoying for her own good! I laughed when she said at TC she was comfortable saying whatever was on her mind. Has she ever seen this show?

Not that I have an opinion one way or another ;)
Signature by tribephyl

Posted by suzzee on 02-14-09 at 07:53 AM
Carolina had the most incredibly grating voice I've ever heard. I don't know how they softened it during her interview clips but it wasn't apparent then. No wonder they won't let contestants talk to each other, they'd have left her at base camp.

Agman camouflaged me for S17