URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID2
Thread Number: 4845
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"CBS Web promo - team dissolved"

Posted by volgal on 02-20-04 at 01:06 PM
The CBS web promo is up and Jeff says that the losing team of the reward challenge will be dissolved.

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"Zoinks"
Posted by Blow by Blow on 02-20-04 at 01:41 PM
That's a great preview. We can even see how some people are split up in the IC clips. Looks like RobM and Ethan wind up on different tribes.
Gotta get some caps posted.
-BbB

I do more to not work than actual work.

"RE: Zoinks"
Posted by pmspml5 on 02-20-04 at 01:52 PM
You can clearly see Rob M. Red buff so Chapera does not loose RC - what you cant see is Ethans I hope someone can stop the frame where you can tell what color buff he has on - my guess would be green.

"Background flags"
Posted by LeftPinky on 02-20-04 at 01:55 PM
Actually the flags in the background for the IC are yellow and red. Mogo Mogo must be dissolved. It appears that the new Saboga goes to IC and Rupert/Richard are on the same team.

created by the amazing JSlice!

"RE: Background flags"
Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 01:57 PM
There's a green flag between the red and yellow.

Snazzy new sigpic by Slice

"RE: CBS Web promo - team dissolved"
Posted by tinybubs on 02-20-04 at 01:53 PM
I'm surprised that they gave that much of the plot of next weeks show away.

"Mogo Mogo remains"
Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 02:01 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 02:05 PM (EST)

Shii Ann clearly still in green!

Here is the link if you wanna see what there saying over on Sucks:
http://pub207.ezboard.com/fsurvivorsucksfrm2.showMessageRange?topicID=17375.topic&start=21&stop=37

Also, I am not so sure that this is from IC...this looks like bamboozled from S1. This could be RC!

Director of Public Relations for GAWKUR!
Stolen from Sucks!

"RE: Mogo Mogo remains"
Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 02:05 PM
Good find!!

Really can't see how Saboga could win the raft challenge.

"RE: Mogo Mogo remains"
Posted by pmspml5 on 02-20-04 at 02:18 PM
Makes sense - then both Moga Moga and Chapera would have the rice and not Saboga.

"E5 web vid caps"
Posted by FSUGUY on 02-20-04 at 02:12 PM
From FEVER:

VOICEOVER:

VO: CBS Thursday, the Survivors face an unexpected twist where failure...
Colby: The consequences aren't good.
VO: ...is not an option.
JP: The tribe that finishes last, will be dissolved.
VO: And that's just the first 10 minutes.
Sue: Welcome to realityyyy.
VO: Plus, a showdown for immunity..
Colby: Drop the gloves and let's duke it out.
VO: ...gets out of control.
JP: ewwwww.
VO: But the big shocker is who's going home at the end.
Richard: You must go bye bye now.

"RE: E5 web vid caps"
Posted by pmspml5 on 02-20-04 at 02:21 PM
You can see the Immunity Idol - it is IC. Also looks like ShiAnn is also walking on a plank doesnt it?

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 02:21 PM
LOL! I just posted the challenge pics in the IC thread!

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 02:30 PM
#6 and #7 shows that Big Tom sits out of the RC. Also it looks like they are turning a corner, but where is Mogo Mogo? You can see Lex in #2 even with Ethan, but that's it. Does Mogo Mogo come from behind or way out front? Shii Ann is clearly still wearing green during the IC and Rob and Tom are wearing red. Rupert looks tired and defeated in that last pic. After RC?

Posted by Risti on 02-20-04 at 02:37 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 02:40 PM (EST)

Ok...a few thoughts. From the looks of things, Big Tom and Shi ann are also on seperate teams(14-18). Also, in shot 33, Sue is standing next to Leyou can see his tattoos) and another guy...anyone know the survivors well enough to place that arm? Beyond that, I'm not sure what else to say...

ETA:Just read the Insider Transcript. Maybe that 'tattoo', which looks like it could be a block letter 'C', is one of the homemade tattoos that the transcript mentions Rob, Amber, and Tom making...

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-20-04 at 09:44 PM
>Sue is standing next to Lex, you can see his tattoos...

It is one of the tatoos that Amber drew on Big Tom or Rob.

Posted by FrogPrincess on 02-20-04 at 02:25 PM
ok ... here's my first attempt at being a scribe ...
------------------------------------------
CBS WEBSITE'S VIDEO PREVIEW:

Survivor Thursday. The All-Stars face an unexpected test where failure ...
Clips showing the teams rowing around on their rafts.
COLBY: The consequences aren't good.
is not an option.
JP: The tribe that finishes last ... will be dissolved.
Jerry with her "shocked look" we've all seen in the vidclips.
And that's just the first 10 minutes.
Clip of Ethan sitting in a hut and then Sue saying
SUE: Welcome to reality.
Plus, a showdown for immunity
Clip of Big Tom trying to walk a log beam similar to the challenge where they had to knock each other down into a pit of mud in S6.
COLBY: Drop the gloves and then lets duke it out.
Clip of a guy tackling another guy into the mud. Seems to look like Ethan and Rob ... and Ethan hits the ground hard.
But the big shocker is whose going home at the end.
Clips of Big Tom, Jenna L, the Robfadder, Sue, and Rich saying
RICH:You must go bye-bye now.
Clip of Rupert
Don't miss a new Survivor: All Stars Episode. CBS Thursday
---------------------------------------------------------

So if Robfadder is tackling Ethan they then don't end up on the same tribe ... which means who looses the RC: Chapera or Saboga?

Lots of little tibits in here! Go to the CBS website to check it out yourself!

"Be the Froot Loop in a bowl of Cheerios"

Posted by pmspml5 on 02-20-04 at 02:36 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 02:38 PM (EST)

Here is a thought - they pull them together before they make the rafts and tell them - go back to your tribe and make a raft cause the losing team gets dissolved. Thats why we have clips of Colby at Moga Moga. And also clips of them marching in without the rafts. Then they build them and Saboga looses - why Rubert looks soooo upset. If Ethan is fighting Rob M then that would mean that he goes to Moga Moga but it seemes everyone was thinking that Rupert and Richard were on the same tribe so I dont think that happens until the next merge maybe?? I cant believe for one minute that both of the guys would go to the same tribe. So you would have Tom and Rupert on one tribe - very strong indeed. Also the "shocking" tribal counsel would not be Rich because that would be soooo expected. Maybe Ethan or Colby

Posted by Blow by Blow on 02-20-04 at 02:43 PM
I think the challenge is more than something as simple as crossing a plank without falling in the water. Big Tom is running like a lunatic onto the plank and I think he's coming off a plank over dry land.

Since Big Tom and RobM are coming from the same side of the water, I would speculate that Chapera stays intact as a tribe. Shii An sort of looks like she's on the same side as Tom, so I'd say she ends up on their tribe, meaning Mogo Mogo loses RC and gets split up. This can't be good news for Colby or Rich since they're "big threats". Lex might be able to assimilate into his new tribe as can Kathy and Shii An.

-BbB

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 02:57 PM
The only thing about this is that Shii Ann is wearing her green buff as a top and the three flags are still in the picture behind Jiffy. It is IC and we still have all three colors represented? What is up with that?

Posted by VerucaSalt on 02-20-04 at 03:10 PM
It seems like I see potentially another head in the picture of Sue and Amber, just below Amber?

If it ends up where Saboga is broken down with M/F on one tribe and M/F on the other then Ethan is MM; and Rupert is on Chapera; could that be Jenna's head in that picture?

How did they do the selection in Amazon? I remember Jenna picked then Dave and it was M/F but then did Dave get to go again right after his pick?

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 03:14 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 03:19 PM (EST)

VS, I looked this up just yesterday. They started out with each of them having to pick someone of the opposite sex and then just pick from then. Each pick alternating betwee the two.

ETA: exact text from CBS web site:
As morning arrived on day 14, Jenna and Dave awoke to find a giant breakfast awaiting them. As the two devoured croissants and fruit, Jeff Probst arrived to reveal yet another twist to the game. Onto the table he dropped a group of nameplates, each bearing the name of a different tribe member from both tribes. Jeff explained, "You two are now in charge of picking new tribes by alternating your choices, beginning with the opposite sex."Once the startled Survivors regained their composure, Dave and Jenna reluctantly picked their new tribes. Dave's first pick was strategic, as he recalled Jenna's revelation the night before that she and Heidi were close. Using the information to his advantage, Dave chose Heidi, tearing the two friends apart in the process. As Jenna suppressed her feelings, the selection process continued. In the end, the Jaburu tribe consisted of Jenna, Deena, Shawna, Rob, Alex, and Matthew. The Tambaqui tribe's new members were Dave, Butch, Roger, Heidi, Christy and Jeanne. After choosing their new tribes, Jenna and Dave paddled off to their camps to inform the others.

Posted by katethegreat on 02-21-04 at 07:37 AM
Just to clarify, they had to pick boy, girl, boy, girl. So Dave's first pick was a girl, and Jenna's was a boy, then vice-a-versa. (So if Jenna had picked first, it wouldn't have made a difference, since she had to pick a boy first.)

However, in ASS, I think they can be more random. Like the RC winner gets first pick, the RC second place gets second pick, back and forth. So winning the RC gets you the better picks.

In any case, it seems like it would unlikely, if Saboga loses, for Rupert and Ethan to end up on the same team. So if Mogo Mogo wins RC, would they pick Ethan over Rupert? Would Chapera pick Rupert over Ethan? That analysis could give us the RC winner.

I think Saboga loses due to vidcaps (looks like we see red and green buffs), but also because Snewser's spies (?) reported they were down to two camps at one point, on Chapera and Mogo Mogo (I believe they have Saboga location as the merge camp?).

Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-22-04 at 07:32 PM
you would think Rupert would be the obvious pick - IF they pick at all (the losing tribe might be split randomly via draw a buff or something)

however, i can see scenarios where Mojo Jojo would take Ethan - potential alliance w/ Rich as former winner or Lex as former alliance mates. or a shield for Rich and anyone who feels vulnerable because it would be easy to justify his boot. However you would think they would rather take Rupert as a greater chance to avoid TC altogether. likewise, i can see Chapera NOT wanting Rupert - it would be bad for Rawb's ego trip to have someone who can really take the Alpha Male tag from the puerile wannabe. however, would Rawb want to bring in the object of his obvious (and humorous) jealousy, Ethan? Maybe to boot him, but that still seems unlikely. Tom, Alicia and Sue would probably rather have Rupert (although Ethan also proved himself to be loyal in Africa)

"Observations"
Posted by GuessItRains on 02-20-04 at 03:58 PM
1) Rob and Ethan are clearly competing against each other, so they do not end up on the same tribe. Tom is also still on Rob's tribe, as both are seen at the IC wearing red buffs.

2) Unless Shii Ann has a green top, she seems to be wearing her buff and would thus be on a tribe different from Rob and Tom. On the other hand, she seems to be on the same "side" of the challenge as Rob and Tom were. Not sure what to make of that.

3) Richard's comments "time to go bye bye" sound very much like he is making a trip to TC.

4) Rupert's "I knew I could beat Rich and Rudy" comment sound like they were coming from Rupert being on the same tribe as Rich. That would have to happen now, assuming that Rich doesn't make the merge. That means either Saboga or Mogo Mogo gets split up.

5) If Saboga gets split, then Ethan and Rupert are probably both on Mogo Mogo. Perhaps Mogo Mogo wins RC and gets to pick which 2 of the last place Saboga they want? Although then I would find it hard to believe that new Mogo Mogo (Ethan, Rupert, Rich, Lex, Colby, Kathy, Shii Ann) would lose a physical challenge to new Chapera (Rob, Tom, Alicia, Sue, Amber, Jerri, Jenna)

6) Maybe then Mogo Mogo gets split, with Shii Ann ending up on Chapera and Richard on Saboga (to be with Rupert). Dicque would be very vulnerable in such a scenario, no matter which other two Mogo Mogo went with him. But that wouldn't be shocking. Maybe Colby goes with him, and he somehow orchestrates his boot instead? Or Ethan joins the 3 Mogo Mogo to oust Jerri?

Anyway, enough random musings. What do others think?

"RE: Observations"
Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 04:23 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

I agree with you until #5. Maybe we aren't seeing ALL of the challenge. There could be another aspect of it, but just looking at the physical part we know about... I think it is very possible that new Chapera could beat new Mogo Mogo.

Depending on who lines up against whom... Rob, Tom, Alicia, Sue, Jerri, Jenna... they all seem pretty tough.

Contrast that with Rupert, Rich, Colby, Lex... we see Ethan fall off. Kathy would probably fall. Shii Ann would probably fall (unless against Amber, then who knows).

I see new Chapera as the stronger tribe.

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 04:26 PM
I am not so sure that we have a true merge. The thing I can't get passed is the fact that they are still using all three colors as is shown by the ribbons on each side of Jiffy. At all the other merges, have they not always changed colors?

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 04:41 PM
Another "sleeping with the enemy" twist?

But really, do you think they would be THAT obvious and remove a color for us to see in plain sight?

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-20-04 at 04:43 PM
They are being pretty obvious about the losing tribe being dissolved...

Surgeon General G.A.W.K.U.R's of OT

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 04:45 PM
Well, Doodle, they don't have to remove a color...they are using all three! Look at the ribbons on both sides of Jiffy P. The only person we see from Saboga during this IC is Ethan and I can't see his buff at all. So, I don't think anyone can say 100% certain that we now have 2 tribes. Nor can I say 100% certain that we still have three tribes.

If you notice in the voice over, Jiffy doesn't say merge, he says a tribe will be dissolved. Interesting choice of words!

Posted by Devious Weasel on 02-20-04 at 04:52 PM
Which could mean that the losers stay where they are now, but take part in challenges with the other teams.

Which doesn't seem likely, but that seemed to be where you were going with it.

Posted by udg on 02-20-04 at 06:14 PM
SNN S8 All Star Spy Report:
The three tribes merged into two tribes on or before Day 13 (Nov. 15th) but we are unsure of the exact date. The two merged tribes were now the Red and Green Tribes and they either both merged on Mogo Mogo or one tribe on Mogo Mogo and another one on Chapera.

Even if there isn't a true "merge," it seems that no one is living on Saboga Island for a while in there. (Assuming the article is accurate. We already know of at least two errors in it.)

---
UDG

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 04:55 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 04:56 PM (EST)

I know they are using all three colors. I can see that. My point was... if there are only two tribes, would they be obvious in removing a color giving away which team is dissolved? I don't think so.

But you have a good point. We are not for sure that there are only two tribes. We do know that one tribe is dissolved and those members will be living with members of another tribe (I may be assuming the "living" part).

I have to admit... dissolved is an interesting choice of words.

Posted by volsfan on 02-20-04 at 05:07 PM
Devious...I don't know where I wanted to go with that...that is why I stopped when I did. In the past, we have always changed colors at merge...right? Well, even if one tribe is dissolved, why still use three colors? Just don't show us previews from the IC like they did last week for the RC (I think they gave us 2 or 3 clips) if CBS is trying to keep something a secret here.

It is hard to believe that they would try that...one tribe live with another but not a merge thing...again. But, for some reason, I am leaning towards something like that. But you know that Shii Ann would be making sure all her tribe mates knew it wasn't a merge (surely she is smart enough to not be duped again)!

You know Erika on The Apprentice has NEVER been duped! sorry...the word duped just brought that to mind!

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-20-04 at 05:19 PM
I think this is more of a corporate take-over or re-shuffle - not a merge, per se. Like the exchange your buff in Africa or the co-ed shuffle in Amazon. Same colors.... different members.

I know it still doesn't explain the three colors.

Katrina. It was Katrina.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-20-04 at 05:34 PM
Well they don't want us to know which tribe is dissolved. Maybe the three banners were photo-shopped into the background? Frankly, I can't see any posts going into the ground that they would be hanging from.

Posted by GuessItRains on 02-20-04 at 05:31 PM
Well it isn't really a "merge" since they aren't all forming one tribe. Instead one tribe is being dissolved and absorbed into the other two.

I don't see any way that this could be a non-merge. How would they decide which of the three old tribes goes to TC if there are only two new tribes competing?

Posted by GuessItRains on 02-20-04 at 05:27 PM
Well we also see Tom fall off. And Jerri has not been very tough in this game. Both Saboga women are really weakening under the harsh conditions. I agree with your basic point that we don't know who wins; certainly physical tribes have lost physical challenges. I'm just saying that right now I would lean more toward Mogo Mogo being split than Saboga.

Posted by CaptainP on 02-20-04 at 07:46 PM
Just some random thoughts here...

If we assume that Rupert and Ethan end up on Mogo Mogo, maybe they do not lose this challenge despite Rich's little quotation. I think Rich goes in Episode 6, given his position on Snewser's score card and JFP's comment that Episode 6 is "one to watch." The King dying seems like an episode that people should see.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say, the new Mogo Mogo wins and Chapera is sent to TC, sending Sue home. But Rich's days are seeming more numbered now. With Ethan on Mogo Mogo and a friend of Lex's, Mogo Mogo getting their rice... if Mogo Mogo loses, Rich is definitely gone. And if Rupert is on Mogo Mogo... that's the nail in the coffin with the other fisherman there. But I now think Rupert will be on Chapera, and the tension in Mogo Mogo will be between Rich and Lex, as hinted out in the previews and the editing. Lex/Kathy/Ethan/Jerri all vote for Rich. Rich/Colby/Shi Ann(?) vote for Ethan.

Posted by ADKer on 02-21-04 at 08:51 PM
If Saboga is dissolved and the winning teams alternate picking players to join them, MM might choose Rupert the fisherman to make Hatch expendable and Rob M. would not want either Rupert or Ethan to join the tribe and threaten his "Alpha male" position. Or the new team assignments could just be done randomly.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-23-04 at 11:43 AM
I think Rob M *might* choose Ethan for Chapera so that he can needle him mercilessly and then marginalize and boot him ASAP (though it appears Ethan doesn't wind up there).

I do agree that Rob M would not want Rupert on Chapera if they have any say in whom they select.

Posted by Joyful on 02-24-04 at 03:18 PM
> And if Rupert is
>on Mogo Mogo... that's the
>nail in the coffin with
>the other fisherman there.

They made a big deal on last weeks episode about Rich being the food provider for his tribe and how he felt that that insured his place in the tribe. If Rupert did get placed on the same tribe as Rich I think Rich's days would definitely be numbered. I keep going back to Rupert's comment on the Pearl Islands finale about how he knew he could beat Richard Hatch. I think they end up on the same tribe, Rich tries to get Rupert voted out and it backfires and he's the one that gets his torch snuffed.

Posted by Immunegirl on 02-20-04 at 06:05 PM
In cap 2, it looks like Rupert and Lex are on the same raft (and you can see Lex's green buff.) which makes me think that Rupert and Richard are on the same team, but it is new Mogo Mogo, not new Saboga. Ethan is pretty close to this raft as well, perhaps too close to be coming from another raft. I have to agree with 5 and say that Ethan and Rupert end up on Mogo Mogo.

Posted by PelicanPete on 02-20-04 at 06:03 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-04 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

To me, it seems pretty obvious that Chapera and Mogo Mogo stay intact and Saboga lose the RC and thus their tribe. I think this because 1. It was assumed preseason that fairly early on in the show, that Saboga is demolished and former members are placed into the other two tribes, 2. albeit this is a shot in the dark, one of the RC challenge pics has Chapera coming ashore (or going to it) as opposed to Saboga, who is heading out on their raft, and 3. Shii Ann is seen wearing her green buff at IC and Rob is wearing his red buff on his arm. I am presuming that the log battle challenge is IC because in next weeks preview, it shows the tribe arriving at the first challenge, which is the challenge with the rafts - where we are shown the old Chapera and old Saboga on their rafts without any Mogo Mogo members on board. Also, this location is shown with "first ten minutes" preview which we all know and IC has never taken place in the first ten minutes of an episode.

...IMO

Now, as far as the new tribes go...
We see RobM matched up against Ethan, and although we don't see Ethan's buff, tribemates would have no reason to battle each other - so they must be on opposite tribes. For all the Spoiler freaks here, remember in the preseason when many boot predictions had the F6 of (in no particular order) Alicia, Tom, Rupert, JennaL, RobM, and Amber. Now, with four of those six already on the same (Chapera) tribe, and since we already assume Ethan isn't with new Chapera and 2 Saboga's must be put on Chapera, wouldn't it make since to think that Rupert and JennaL were the two Sabogas put on the Chapera tribe. It's not like we have any evidence of Jerri being on Chapera, so wouldn't this be a really good assumption? Well, at least it makes since to me.

Just wanted to add my ideas.

-PP

Posted by Get Bent on 02-20-04 at 06:41 PM
Nice summary PP!

I agree with your analysis 100%. The only thing I wanted to add is that I think the final 6 you listed are from the Sleek list, which may be false. I know other spoilers think these 6 go far as well, I'm just sayin'. And as others have discussed above, what is up with the three flag colors at the IC? If the tribes were not given new buffs, maybe the buff speculation means nothing.

However, I do think you are right on with your entire summary.

Posted by redbeard103152 on 02-20-04 at 08:02 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 12:04 PM (EST)

Seem to agree alot with you GB Think the three colors at the IC are there so as to not give away which team gets dissolved.I think that Saboga loses the RC as we already know about the ability of their construction workers from a prior episode. They are dissolved and two members are added to each tribe Chapera and Mongo-Mongo one player of each sex to each tribe.Rupert and Jenna are added to Chapera and Ethan and Jerri to Mongo-Mongo. The event that happens in this episode is that Saboga simply ceases to exist as a team because of their third place finish in the earlier RC. The two remaining teams will each function as seven person units with the added members becoming members of their new teams. Because the Saboga team was dissolved as the result of their own actions ie losing the RC no one will be immune from the losing team at the TC in this episode. RedBeard

Posted by Loquatrix on 02-20-04 at 06:48 PM
Good ideas there, Pete.

I don't think we've pinned down WHY all three original tribe colours are represented in the composite banners, though. While it makes a lot of sense to suppose that it's simply because CBS doesn't want to shove photographic evidence in our faces about which tribe was dissolved, why would they not achieve that the easier way by simply excluding banners of any kind from this preview?

BR muses that the banners may have been photoshopped on after the fact, by way of decoy. I tend to think the banners were actually there, hanging on tree branches (you can see tree limbs behind the banners in various shots). I also tend to think that the persistence of the three separate colours is not simply a decoy but supportive of the theory that the two new tribes are not merged within themselves -- rather, that the old tribal affiliations persist within the new groupings.

To pursue that to its logical conclusion, though, means to ponder the idea that there's more of a reshuffle at this point than just the losing tribe members being reassigned -- it means having to consider the idea that members of all three original tribes are now mixed together on each of the two new tribes, so that red, gold and green (I must be a Rastafarian at heart) are all represented on each of those two new tribes. And I dunno if that makes any sense at all based on other information we know outside of the issue of the tricolour banners, except that it would head off the pagonging of the rank minority on either tribe.

"Possibility for tribal dissolving"
Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-20-04 at 06:58 PM
I posted this on the IC thread but it is just as pertinent here:

Going out on a limb here. Jeff says that the tribe that is the loser of the RC will be "dissolved". Let's say for fun that it is Saboga. 2 go to Chapera (but they remain Sabogans with yellow buffs) 2 go to Mogo Mogo (but remain Sabogans). Now maybe because of the way it plays out it looks like MM gets stronger with the addition of both men, Rupert and Ethan, while Chapera gets weaker by adding Jenna and Jerri.
BUT this isn't a merge. The two new players on each tribe are only to coexist, not to be part of the tribe. The penalty here is that you can no longer live as a tribe, or talk all together like a tribe. You are forced to live with the other tribes at their camp. When it comes time for IC though, all three tribes compete (hence the reason for all three colors represented at IC).

The losing group goes to TC and votes off a member. This would make for some very interesting dynamics at camp, same as in the fake merge in Thailand. It could even be that some people believe that they have merged into 2 tribes and then at IC feel "bamboozled" by the whole thing. I'm willing to bet it won't be Shii Ann though.

So let's also say that MM loses the IC, Rich's comments "You are going home, bye bye" certainly do sound very much like he said them at the voting booth. If Rich got wind of Lex's plan to oust "The King" (because MM had the 3rd key from earlier RC and therefore the rice, plus now they had Rupert, someone else to provide fish) then I could very easily see him saying this thinking that Lex would get the boot. However, Rich gets votes from KO, Lex and at least Shii Ann, which is enough to send the King packing.

The average viewer would be shocked by a boot of Rich at this point in the game, especially if the editing showed Lex being more vulnerable.

I know this may sound crazy, but I think it could happen.

"RE: Possibility for tribal dissolving"
Posted by udg on 02-21-04 at 05:08 AM
Rich's comments "You are going home, bye bye" certainly do sound very much like he said them at the voting booth.

Not said in the voting booth. He's shown saying it during the day. You can't see who he's talking to, though.

---
UDG

Posted by munson on 02-21-04 at 12:11 PM
But why is this comment in the preview?

It's very easy to infer from Rich's comment that he is talking about someone on his own tribe. Would MB tell us in the preview that Mogo2 is heading to TC? Perhaps. My guess is that this is a classic attempt at misdirection.

Add to this the scene of Rob4 taking out Ethan during IC and I think were being led to believe that Chapera triumphs.

Not sure I'm buying it.

In fact, right now I'm leaning toward a Mogo victory in IC and Chapera, with new additions Rupert and Jenna1, sent to TC and Soozin getting the boot.

Posted by LeftPinky on 02-21-04 at 02:47 PM
I tend to agree munson...

Dicque's comments could have been made regarding another tribe member(Lex perhaps) during a confessional and used as classic SEEBS misdirection.

I also noticed with RobM taking out Ethan, that neither of them were "in the paint" and that could cause ROB to be knocked out of the challenge, not Ethan (remember Thailand??)...

So at this point, I too am thinking it's a MM win and Chapera goes to TC (I'm leaning Soozin as I'm guessing that any new Saboga members get a one tribal council immunity like the ghosties did).

Posted by sweetpea on 02-21-04 at 03:50 PM
Munson, I think you are onto a possibility. I'm just wondering if Chapera is at first declared the IC winner, then Ethan objects about Rob4's attacking him while he is out of the zone and the win is taken away and given to Mogo. Rich's comment could be a confessional about Chapera being disqualified and now one of them is going "bye bye".

Posted by Get Bent on 02-22-04 at 12:57 PM
I agree, Rich's confessional comment does not necessarily mean Mogo Mogo Expanded loses. His comments could be after the RC when MME gains the new members. He could be talking about that it is easy to get rid of the new members, and talking about the one he wants to go.

Also agree with possibilities listed above.

Posted by dabo on 02-23-04 at 11:31 PM
But it is exactly what Richard would say if he were going to TC and plotting the demise of a specific tribemate.

Posted by Charonna on 02-20-04 at 07:04 PM
I just spent the last hour at the cbs website and didn't see any of these web promos.. where are they located?

Posted by KObrien_fan on 02-20-04 at 07:17 PM
Click HERE and then look just below the survivor logo, it says "New Episode Video Preview" just click there.

"Dissolved versus Merged"
Posted by LookeeLoo on 02-20-04 at 08:02 PM
I can totally see this as a "sleeping with the enemy" setup. That would explain why all three colors may be at IC. They would still be playing for IC 3 ways.

If this is true, then MM and Chap would have to sit out people for the IC. I am hoping we may get some more clues on the IC that would back this up or not.

A Slicey original

"RE: Dissolved versus Merged"
Posted by pmspml5 on 02-20-04 at 08:14 PM
The things that has been nagging me all day.

1. Obvious that Ethan and Rob M on different tribes

2. Obvious that Tom and Rob M stay on the same tribe

3. Never in survivor history has anyone from an opposing tribe starting on the opposite side - ie - Shii Ann should not be on this side in a green buff.

4. JP does not say that the tribes will change colors or merge.

I think i'm going way out on a limb and going with Moga Moga loses reward. And they are split up. Everyone keeps their own colors and the new color doesnt start until we have one tribe.

Posted by blacknwhitedog on 02-20-04 at 10:55 PM
I think the dissolved tribe just doesn't get new buffs
it's not a merge yet, just an absorption

Posted by okaloosajohn on 02-21-04 at 11:25 AM
"I think the dissolved tribe just doesn't get new buffs it's not a merge yet, just an absorption"

If MB does that, it will be the most unfair thing he's ever done to any players on the game...including the trick which Shii Ann fell for...

Posted by I_Got_Nutn on 02-21-04 at 05:57 PM
I agree with everything you say and I will take it one step further.

Since we see Shii with Chapera, they win RC and get first pick of the Mogoans. Shii has to be the last picked, and with 5 members on Mojo Mogo, first pick gets last pick.

Yeah, It's a JSlice
Majority Whip

Posted by CaptainP on 02-20-04 at 08:10 PM
So for a sec, let's look out how this tribal dissolve thing plays out and its impact on the game's remaining boots according to tentative boot lists and spoilers:

New Mogo Mogo
Ethan, Jerri, Rich, Colby, Shi Ann, Lex, Kathy

New Chapera
Jenna, Rupert, Sue, Alicia, Tom, Amber, Rob

If spoilers are to be believed, then Mogo Mogo loses most of the next IC's, sending Ethan, Jerri, Rich, and Colby home before merge. With numerical superiority, it then seems plausible that Mogo Mogo is in fact Pagonged by Chapera after the merge.

Game over, folks!

Posted by katethegreat on 02-21-04 at 07:52 AM
I follow your logic - I have the new teams the same as you do, in my mind. However, the "unbelievable" part of it is, if Mogo Mogo lost all of those challenges, would they continue to send their strong guys home, and risk losing and losing and losing? Wouldn't they wise up and start cutting out weak links, like by the second loss? So this analysis leads me to think - the spoilers aren't so believable, if the teams end up as we've projected.

Posted by redbeard103152 on 02-21-04 at 08:28 AM
Katethegreat. Look at it the way I do. Keep the teams as I too think that this will be the way it plays out. Next toss out the spoilers and let the chips fall as they may.

Posted by CaptainP on 02-21-04 at 10:32 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 10:33 AM (EST)

Great point, Kate. I did not think of that.

I'm looking at this now with that in mind. Let's say Mogo Mogo loses this week. They should have the rice container now. With two winners in the tribe, Rich and Ethan, and there being food, Lex feels it is time to dump Rich and stick with Ethan who is more trustworthy and a friend.

The week after, Sue goes.

Back to Mogo Mogo. Mogo Mogo loses another IC. They need Ethan's strength, so Jerri goes.

Mogo Mogo loses yet again. With their backs to the wall, and realizing a merge may be coming, Mogo Mogo chooses Ethan to go rather than Colby who was part of the original team.

MERGE

Colby is the first one gone before the jury because of his notorious individual challenge strength.

And then, PAGONG, PAGONG, PAGONG... Rob M our winner! (I hope not though... it's too easy)

Posted by volsfan on 02-21-04 at 09:44 AM
I think the spoiling lists are not going to be correct from here on out (you can see this by snewser changing his list on a regular basis). This may very well be the new two tribes but I don't think the boots will follow the exact order that has been mentioned.

Captain P., if the game is over...who won?

Posted by CaptainP on 02-21-04 at 10:20 AM
Ummm...
Johnny Fairplay in a suprise appearance at the end???

; p

"Buff Theory"
Posted by Get Bent on 02-21-04 at 09:30 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 09:33 AM (EST)

OK, I have a theory.

1. We did not see Ethan with a buff, and I believe buffs are required for challenges. It is possible it was on the arm we don't see.
2. One team is absorbed.

What if the losing tribe is stripped of it's buffs as part of losing the RC? They aren't given new ones because there wasn't a merge. So the flags still represent them, but they are not allowed to wear the buffs at challenges.

I know, it doesn't seem fair to the losing tribe as they could be more of a target on their new tribe. The idea just came to me a few minutes ago, and we can all beat up the theory now!

Edited to add that blacknwhitedog also came up with the idea I now noticed. I just added a little to it.

"RE: Buff Theory"
Posted by speedyforme on 02-21-04 at 09:53 AM
I find it interesting how CHILLONE mentioned that MogoMogo doesnt do fairly well, even though we know thats fake, clearly Saboga does poorly (losing 2 members, shelter wipe out, and now probably being dissembled)...

ANYHOO...I dont think that Rupert AND Ethan will end up on the new MogoMogo because i dont think that is fair...but the question I have is I wonder if Rupert had any help in getting rid of Richard (same tribe) or not because Ethan is against Rob M so I assume he'd be on MogoMogo's tribe...

But good analysis guys...anything better than mine

Posted by udg on 02-21-04 at 05:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 06:00 PM (EST)

Although buffs are required at the challenges, Ethan and Rupert tend to wear theirs less prominently than others in the game.

For example, from E2 RC:

I'm not sure this is 100%, but it seems like he wears it around his neck or around his right wrist for most challenges (although, it appears to be hanging out of his pocket in the cube challenge).

And, from (we think) the trip to the RC this week:

He seems to wait to see the nature of the challenge before putting it on.

ETA, I don't see the buff in this picture, either. This is the best view we have of his right wrist.

---
UDG

Posted by udg on 02-22-04 at 05:39 AM
I know, it doesn't seem fair to the losing tribe as they could be more of a target on their new tribe.

Fair? What is this "fair" of which you speak? This is SURVIVOR. Logic and "fair" are not exactly virtues in MB's mind.

---
UDG

Posted by kelli_blue on 02-21-04 at 10:16 AM
Ooh, how exciting!! I have absolutely NO idea which team'll get dissolved, but can't wait to watch!!

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-21-04 at 10:23 AM
For what it's worth, here is my two cents. The RC is the float building challenge. Jeff is heard stating in the promo that the "losing team will be dissolved".....a very strong statement that CBS has never given us before....I think they are giving this to us as it is solely a ploy to keep viewership up and win ratings against the ending of "Friends" etc....he's giving us more because he's got MORE competition. So, we know that the losing team will be dissolved....Rupert feels he has redeemed himself with his raft, only to lose once again....devastating! The winning tribe is Chapera(once again the reputed builders....my, it seems as though they are really throwing all of the challenges Rob M. and Chapera's way). As Chapera has won first place they get first pick from the Sabogans, they choose Rupert. 2nd pick goes to the second place team, Mogo Mogo, and they choose Ethan, third pick goes to Chapera and they choose Jenna L, and 4th pick to the Mogo's, who choose Jerri. The tribes go back to there respective camps and the Chapera's are once again in high CELEBRATION mode(with their whiskey bottle), but the party does'nt last too long when they go to the IC...

The IC is the bamboozled challenge, some kind of race across planks(like was done in the PI with the Drake's and Morgan's over the water where they had to knock each other over, blah, blah), first one to complete so much without getting knocked out wins. Although we see Tom falling off all by himself, and Rob going out with Ethan, Chapera ends up losing going to Tribal Counsel and Sue is out.

Now here is some food for thought: Perhaps the dissolved tribe is exempt from being voted out their first TC. Perhaps the dissolved tribe are still Sabogans, but they are just living/competing with the other tribes(as Morgan got to take Rupert for a three day cycle to live and compete with them). Could explain the three colors flown over the IC.

Personally, I think the Sabogans will be dissolved for good and
will be permanent members of the Chaperas and Mogo's.

PS. Rupert, in his mind, by outlasting King Dicque, has beaten him.

Take this with a grain of sand-FP

Posted by okaloosajohn on 02-21-04 at 11:37 AM
I was with you right up until that PS and then you lost me...

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-21-04 at 03:59 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-04 AT 04:18 PM (EST)

Some people have been rationalizing that Rupert and Dicque must end up on the same tribe, CBS misdirection about 2 men battling for supremecy, and I believe that they indeed end up on different tribes.....maybe Rupert will match up with Dicque on the bamboo planks and hoist him over the pool and onto Jiffy, ha ha ha!.....leading Rupert to note on the S7 Reunion show that he knew he could beat Hatch!

Posted by Kokoro on 02-22-04 at 07:49 AM
This is the way I see it happening, but I don't see Sue being voted out. They're just not that dumb and Jenna Lewis is not that much more appealing than Sue. I haven't been following spoilers much lately, but there seems to be news of an "astonishing" second quitter. I'll bet that that person is Sue and I bet it happens in episode six (Resulting in Jeff's comments about episodes 3/6).

So:

5.) Mogos Lose: Jerri goes home.
6.) Chapera Loses?: Sue quits.
7.) Mogos Lose: Ethan goes home.
8.) Mogos Lose: Colby or Rich - Strength vs. Provider
9.) Merge: Colby or Richard, whichever is still here.
Pagong.
Pagong.
Pagong.
Crappy ending.

This just seems the most likely. And I know it follows Sleek to a tee, but this is just the most logical way to play it out.

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-22-04 at 07:08 PM
I'm not sure why you don't see Sue as a 'voted out' possibility. She's grated on Tom big time ('hag from hell' and 'elevator doesn't go to the top') and she's kept to herself at times in the tribe. Tom's tight with BostonRob and Lamber, plus I think Alicia would want to be sure to not stick out like a sore thumb so she'd go along with the other three and that's all they need to boot somebody by a 4-3 or 5-2 margin in a new merged tribe -- assuming, of course, that Chapera gets to stay together and absorb two members of another tribe.

Posted by Kokoro on 02-22-04 at 07:54 PM
It's just base game logic. If I were on Chapera, I'd be thinking "Well, there are five of us now and we can lose two challenges, dump these two losers and there will still be five of us at the merge." I don't think Sue is as much of a tribal liability as she's been shown, particularly since she knew all about both sides of the last vote. She may not be a central member like A/R/T, but she's just as much in it as Alicia is. Tribal alliances are always like that. Unless Jenna and someone REALLY hit it off, it's really hard for me to see the extremely loyal members of Chapera breaking down on themselves (Unless Sue really does something dumb, like try to hook up a new alliance with the Saboga people).

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-22-04 at 10:56 PM

>(Unless Sue really does something dumb, like try
>to hook up a new alliance with the Saboga people).

That's not so far-fetched, considering the verbal battles she's had with Tom and I can see her being the type to say "ohferchrissakes" at the antics between BostonRob and Lamber -- and she might see if she could get Alicia to team up to dump somebody in the big three of Tom-Rob-Lamber.

Jenna remembers that Soozin was part of the alliance that booted her in S1 and she's on a mission to get rid of people that did well in the game, so she might see Soozin as someone higher on the totem pole that needs to be knocked down a peg. Thus, the vote could go Tom-Rob-Lamber-Jenna (and Alicia?) against Soozin, plus this could help explain some of the spoilers that has Jenna, Rob, Lamber and Tom lasting a while in the game.

Posted by Jims02 on 02-21-04 at 05:05 PM
I'm still skeptical about dissolved members going to other tribes for TC. I kinda agree with KO's idea. I'm still trying to visualize a scenario. Two points to consider:

1. If one tribe is dissolved, it is probable that, as a minority, one of those tribe members would get voted off. If anything, MB would want to avoid an obvious Pagonging. At least for one episode. I'm wondering if this is just simple hype, like Rupert going to Morgan last year.

2. Saboga's treasure chest, or Mogo Mogo's. I just wonder why they would have the 3 key system, if the teams are just going to dissolve... They've got to last for more than 5 episodes...

A 2004 IceCat creation

Posted by volsfan on 02-21-04 at 09:27 PM
Jims, I am with you. Your second point is a good one that I have been trying to rationalize all day. Your first point is one that has me thinking the most because if they do just absorb members, MB would have to give both tribes one round of immunity for the absorbed members.

"Don't think 'old school' Survivor..."
Posted by IceCat on 02-21-04 at 09:54 PM
'Pagonging' is passe...

Even if new tribe members were absorbed into the new tribes, there are bound to be members of the destination tribe who feel marginalized from their group and are waiting for some new allies to appear.

Susan and Alicia for example...

And you just know Shii Ann is certainly capable of switching her allegences at the drop of a buff.

Now that alliance strategies have become so fluid over the last few seasons of Survivor, there is no need to give the absorbed members protection.

Sheesh... next you'll have the tribes getting fire and blankets given to them on the third day, and free tools and building materials, and rice and booze...

oh, wait... nevermind

"RE: Don't think 'old school' Survivor..."
Posted by I_AM_HE on 02-21-04 at 09:58 PM
i agree - especially since we're still pre-jury, players will be as likely to realign as not

Posted by Markopolo100 on 02-21-04 at 10:53 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 02:29 AM (EST)

Ethan vs. Tom at IC

Well, we know for sure Saboga LOSES the RC.

At the IC:

Tom is battling Ethan
Tom is battling Shii Ann
Rob M is battling Ethan

Therefore:

Ethan and Shii Ann are on the same tribe. That means Mogo Mogo or Saboga have to lose the RC and be dissolved.

BUT

We see Sue, Amber and Jenna L. in the same pic.

Therefore THEY MUST be at Chapera. Because Chapera can't be dissolved.

Saboga's Jenna L is at Chapera and therefore she got switched and Saboga lost the RC.

Mark

A full complete thought process is available here
http://www.londyscreations.com/survivornetwork/spoilers.asp

Posted by katethegreat on 02-22-04 at 05:14 AM
Nice analysis, Marko. The new pic over there of Rich going against "black shorts" is very intriguing. Could it be Jenna? That will solve the mystery of where Rupert goes, as you say. I agree with someone above that Rupert may just outlast Hatch, instead of having a hand in getting rid of him, hence "beating" Richard. Rupert IS that simple minded. Also, if he has a hand in winning the IC that leads to Richard's demise, he will also feel like he beat Richard. It just doesn't seem like both Rupert AND Ethan would go to the same tribe. And I doubt Rich will make it to a merge . . . .

Anyway, like your analysis and the new site.

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-22-04 at 03:30 PM
>the new pic over there of Rich going against "black shorts"is very intriguing. Could it be Jenna?<

Here is the pic with Rich going against the black shorts, and I think if you look closely you can see what appears to be stripes of some sort on the side of the shorts....

Now here are some earlier vidcaps of Jenna and what appears to be stripes on the sides of her shorts. I think that Rich is indeed pushing off Jenna L. Therefore they are on opposing teams....now if we could just find a buff!

Flowerpower

Posted by PepeLePew13 on 02-22-04 at 10:51 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 11:07 PM (EST)

Okay, I didn't realize that Dicque played for both teams...

But good deducing there, Flower! That confirms for me that they're still on separate teams.

Posted by Krautboy on 02-22-04 at 11:12 AM
LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 11:13 AM (EST)

Nice Analysis Marko...TDT reincarnated...

Krautboy

Posted by Get Bent on 02-22-04 at 05:58 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-24-04 AT 00:20 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 06:26 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 06:06 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 02-22-04 AT 06:02 PM (EST)

Marko,

Your analyis is great, and probably correct. I just don't want to buy in just yet. I have done so too easily in the past. I am still biased by the Sleek list. So I started to do this post just to question everything.

The picture you discuss about the person in black shorts does look like Jenna in this Vid Cap:

But the next one in sequence looks like a man, with longer shorts. And he/she gets the best of Richard. Lex IMHO.

-------
EDITED the 4th and Final time to say, IT IS DEFINATELY JENNA IN THE VID CAP vs RICHARD. The picture that threw me off is actually of Richards shorts after he tosses Jenna.
-------
Using L or R analysis from the IC. Tom, Rob and Richard appear to be coming from the left. In past challenges of this type, the same tribe comes from the same side for the entire challenge. It looks to me that the only cameras used on the Jiffy side of the pool is the very low camera that catches what looks like Tom tossing Ethan (or Lex? maybe even Colby) Ethan from right when Rob beats him up. Shi Ann looking like she is lining up to come from the Left. So Chapera team of 5 gets Richard and Shi Ann and Saboga team of 4 gets Lex, Colby and Kathy.

And while the person in the forefront of the Sue Amber vid cap is Jenna, she may just be on the tribal mat next to Chapera. Sue's comment of "Welcome to reality" sounds like something she would say for the camera in a larger group. If it is at a challenge it may have to be the IC based on the background. And she is saying it possibly after someone (Ethan perhaps) gets slammed. I noticed in the raft challenge that Jenna is hatless, with hair in ponytail, which is what it looks like in the vid cap shown with Sue, so that is possible that she wore her hair the same at both challenges.

Also I watched the actual CBS video web promo as many of you have I am sure. But the sequence with the rafts shown does not look like the actual challenge. They are paddling slowly. Maybe they are getting in position? And this was the only clip that had parts of all three rafts close so CBS wanted to show it. So again IMHO, I don't think we can speculate on RC winners based on the vid caps of the rafts.

Further speculation. We all know that MB loves Rupert. So why would he hint at Rupert making amends for the shelter with the raft if he fails so miserably and his tribe is disolved? Why would they want to promote that?

Besides your analysis, the only parts of my analysis that really concerns me are
1. When they consolidated to two tribes, they supposedly lived at the Mogo Mogo and Chapera camps.
2. If Sue's comment was made on a tribal mat, the mats would have to be close. And usually during a challenge that each team continues from either side, the tribe usually congregates on that same side. Maybe Sue made the comment to Jiffy in reference to how the IC would happen? Or they keep the mats close together and walk to thier side. Which is maybe why we saw Shi Ann walking to the left side of the challnge?
3. The buffs we can see on Rob, Tom, Shi Ann. I don't know if this is much of a concern. If a tribe is absorbed, it may not be an official merge and all players may just keep their buffs.

Anyway, just trying to keep fresh ideas coming. Please feel free to beat up my ideas, but be nice!

Edited to add concern # 3 and clean up a statement.

Further edited to ask for help from someone who saw S4 Raft challenge. Thanks to Blow by Blow, we have a nice summary of all challenges. The Raft one is described as:
Raft Rescue (S4 Ep3): The tribes receive two identical piles of materials consisting of bamboo poles and rope from which they must construct a raft to paddle. Along the way, they must unclip floating supply boxes and race back to a floating dock. The first tribe to successfully gather the supply crates and race back to the dock wins.

Does anyone know.
a. How did the teams start? On land or water?
b. Do they follow separate courses? Or do they compete to get the items?
Knowing the answers to these questions could help us determine if the vid caps help us at all in our analysis.

Posted by lizzmac on 02-23-04 at 12:40 PM
GB,

To respond to #1 under your "concerns" - isn't it possible that the 'new' tribe gets to *choose* where to live? Say, miracle of miracles, that Saboga does finish 1 or 2 in the RC, and either there's some sort of general reshuffling (which doesn't seem likely), or the losing tribe (MM or Chapera) gets 'absorbed' into the other two. The new tribe, nominally Saboga, congregates, and they tell their new tribemates "our camp sucks, what about yours? OK, we'll live at yours."

Not sure which way I'm leaning at this point - I was primed for a Richard ouster, just based on the "you won't believe who it is" and "time to go bye bye" sound bites... but I'm wavering.

Anyway, just wanted to throw a possibility out there to support your analysis.

Lizzmac

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-23-04 at 02:38 PM
These vidcaps are out of sequence IMHO. The top one of Rich with someone lunging for him is what I think may be Jenna lunging toward Rich, the second one in the sequence should be the one I posted earlier where you can see the whitish stripes on her shorts, and she has her arm around Rich's legs, then the third one in the sequence, is the second one you posted with Rich's back toward the camera and Jenna overboard in flight to the pond.... That's what I make out of those vidcaps anyway!

Flowerpower

Posted by Get Bent on 02-23-04 at 08:50 PM
Flower Power,

I agree. Definately Rich vs. Jenna and Jenna takes the bath first. I just started an post that took me like 20 minutes putting together 10 vid caps of shorts. Then I saw it was the person on the left that dumped the person the right and it became clear. It took me a LONG while to see it. I appreciate your description. I wish I would have read it earlier!

I didn't think CBS would be stupid enough to show Lex vs. Rich giving away the outcome anyway.

Posted by zolstice001 on 02-22-04 at 08:15 PM
I haven't posted hear since Survivor Africa, so please bear with me.

I have some thoughts about the discussion going on about the immunity challenge:

Recall that in Thailand, this challenge was more than just a head to head face off on the balance beam. The challenge took place in the ocean, and each team had a number of baskets in their boat. Team members had to go back and forth between the boats stealing the other team's baskets. I believe there was more than one walkway that you could go on, so there wasn't always a face off on the plank. The team that got all the other team's baskets first won. When there was a face-off, you could only hit the other person once both people had entered the attack zone (white area)

So what does that mean for this week? I think the challenge will be the same, with teams trying to retrieve items from one side to the other. That could explain why Shi-anne appears to be on the same side as Rob and Tom are coming from, she may have crossed over to grab something and is waiting for her chance to return to her team's side.

As well, after watching the web preview many times, it does not look like Rob M broke the rules when he hit Ethan. If you watch the preview closely, you can see that when Rob first hits Ethan, he takes one and a half or two steps in the close up shot, then it cuts to the wide shot where they show the two falling off of the platform. If you account for the 1-2 steps that Rob took, it is very possible that the two of them would have been in the white zone when initial contact was made.

Now on to the possible "Shocking" person going home. Right now, I'm thinking that it may be possible that two people are going home. I'm thinking that it is highly likely that Ethan get's hurt (perhaps breaking something) and can't continue, because he does take a nasty fall. Plus looking at the video caps of the survivors faces, it looks like Jenna is looking rather (which she would be if Ethan had to go home, remember, she doesn't want any of the Winners to go far in the game) and Rupert seems to be quite distressed looking. If the board's speculation that Ethan and Rupert end up on Mogo Mogo while Jenna and Jerri go to Chapera is correct, then Not only would Rupert be losing his best alliance partner, but he would feel even more vulnerable if he were on his own and had to compete with Richard for top fisherman status. As well, if Ethan is on Mogo Mogo, then it is a good chance that he would team up with Lex, which would be a perfect alliance for Rupert to join. If Ethan is gone, this alliance is gone as well.

The reason I think two people go, is that I think Rob M is DQ'd. Even though I don't think he broke any rules in the challenge, if they feel he intentionally tried to injure Ethan, that would be grounds for kicking him out of the game. To back this up, I have the glum faces of Rob M (for obvious reasons), and Tom and Susan (two people who would be looking to join Rob and Amber's alliance). Finally, there is the title of next week's episode. Rob M has clearly been the best performer for his tribe in the physical challenges, so his team would definitely be "outraged" if they are forced to lose him, despite the fact that he did not cheat in the challenge.

Posted by Get Bent on 02-22-04 at 10:06 PM
zolstice,

This may not be the same challenge as in Season 5.
-----
Season 5 Challenge Description - Pilfering Pirates : The Survivors must race across a narrow bamboo course set over water in order to heist supply baskets from the opposing team's boat. Along the way there is an "attack zone" where the Survivors may physically push one another off the course. First tribe to collect ten baskets of supplies and return back to their boat wins.

-----

So in the challenge shots for ASS, someone should be holding a basket or somthing I would think?

I think most people assumed that this challenge is the one they are using:
Bamboozled (S1 Ep11) Description: A combination balance/elimination competition involving a tightrope race across segments of bamboo poles.

The name of the challenge is Bamboozled, and the name for the upcoming episode of ASS is "I've been Bamboozled".

The vid caps we have seen imply that it is a simple head to head, similar to:
Log Jam (S6 Ep6) Description: Each team stands together on a platform over a mud pit. Between the platforms sits a floating log. Pairs face off in a test of balance and strategy, shaking and spinning the log, each trying to force their opponent to fall off the log into a mud pit. Last one standing on the log wins a point for their tribe. First tribe to earn five points wins.

but with no physical touching.

Looking at vid caps from the three challenges, it doesn't look like any are a perfect fit for a recycled challenge.

This vid cap shows it is a rectangular pool:

This vid cap shows it from the opposite side:

In the second vid cap from the ASS challenge, it looks like a second log a little lower. The pool itself is lined with logs, so this may just be the other side of the pool.

Does any of this help anyone? What do you see?

Posted by zolstice001 on 02-22-04 at 11:11 PM
Good points, here's some more thoughts on the details of the challange. Perhaps it's a combination of "Bamboozled" and "Pilfering Pirates", meaning that there is a series of balance beems joining two towers or platforms. Each team starts on one platform, and must try to get all team members to the other platform first. Each team sends one team member at a time, and when they meet at the center platform, they square off and can only make contact when they are in the white attack zone.

If a survivor falls off at any point, they must return to the platform they started at and go again. That would explain a couple of things:

- It still explains why Shi-anne appears to be on the same side as Tom and Rob M, she has simply crossed sides already

- It would also explain why we see Tom try to run and then falling. Perhaps someone from Mogo Mogo has fallen, and he is trying to get across before they get back to the start, so that he doesn't have to worry about going head to head against anyone.

Posted by Get Bent on 02-22-04 at 11:30 PM
LAST EDITED ON 02-23-04 AT 00:04 AM (EST)

I like your ideas! I was also wondering why Tom would be running. You can see almost the entire pole, and no one else.

And what you describe was also kindof a challenge in S7! But they added a chess match to it.

Boarding Party (S7 Ep4)
Description: In the pirate tradition of "boarding" or "raiding" another ship, the Survivors had to strategically choose from a pathway of planks and platforms to get all their tribemates across to the other tribe's boat in a game of "human chess." If along the way they came in contact with an opposing tribe member, they could engage them in battle to possess the next platform. The first tribe to "board" the opponents' boat with all their members won. When the tribes converged for the Immunity Challenge, Jeff Probst explained that it would be a battle of strength and balance. The goal was for both tribes to cross a human checkerboard over the water. When face-to-face with an opposing tribe member, a hand-to-hand clash would occur. Whoever lost their balance and hit the water first would have to start over. The first tribe to get all members across the board would win Immunity as well as a surprise reward.

------------

Edited to add:
About the RC, I found two vid caps from Season 4. Someone else probably posted them in some other thread, but they may be helpful here.

In the vid caps we have seen for the ASS version. Where are the tribal flags on the rafts? You would think they would at least copy that portion of the challenge. This leads me to believe that maybe the vidcaps we have seen are before the challenge when they are gathering or preparing. But, these vid caps from S4 also show the entire challenge the boats can be close together as they criss cross, which supports the ASS vid caps being mid-challenge. Hmmmm.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-23-04 at 11:30 AM
Several people have mentioned that maybe Rob gets disqualified based on this skirmish with Ethan, but I don't see that, based on Probst's body language in the vidcaps.

In the "attack zone" challenge in Thailand, JP was very excitable and physically animated, since practically all the Sook Jais broke the attack rule. I'd think he'd be jumping out of his chair if he thought Robfather was out of bounds. But he looks fairly stationary, he's just cringing/wincing as he watches.

Posted by Brat2u on 02-22-04 at 08:31 PM
I know it's very early in the game, but could the IC be for an individual instead of group immunity?

"Kathy Pic"
Posted by sweetpea on 02-23-04 at 10:16 AM
I put this in the Immunity challenge thread but maybe it belongs here.

Survivor Phoenix has this pic of Kathy from the Sunday basketball commercial. She is smiling and it looks like it is taken on the beach. In the reward challenge pic, she has her buff as a headband and it isn't pictured in this pic. Is she smiling because MM won reward? Or is she smiling because they won IM? Just throwing it out there.

"RE: Kathy Pic"
Posted by Get Bent on 02-23-04 at 10:46 AM
Here are two pictures from Survivor Fever. It looks like the RC and she and her three merry men are running out of the water at the end? of the RC.

The picture quality sucks (I gues it was from a Picture in Picture), but it doesn't appear Kathy wore her buff on her head in the actual challenge. She maybe moved it so it wouldn't fall off in the water. But her hair is dry in your picture. I don't know, but this may help.

Posted by bdemoney on 02-23-04 at 12:07 PM
Just some thoughts I had as I read this entire post.

First, I remember in episode one JP saying that Chapera members would ALWAYS wear red. MM would ALWAYS wear green and Saboga members would ALWAYS wear yellow. Perhaps that is the reason for the three colors being represented at the IC challenge.

It may also explain why they say the tribe is "dissolved" instead of claiming an actual merge happens. What if it is a case of three tribes living on two beaches? Could that happen?

Posted by volsfan on 02-23-04 at 05:02 PM
These two pics also tells us that Shii Ann is the one that sits out this challenge which really surprises me. Looks like Richard's weight would be a disadvantage to his tribe on this challenge!

Posted by DoodleBug on 02-23-04 at 05:04 PM
I was thinking the same thing.... then they HAVE to use Shii Ann for the ultra-physical IC (however it won't matter since they will be two tribes).

Maybe they decided Richard's rowing strength is more valuable?

Posted by Loree on 02-23-04 at 07:45 PM
It seems like Shii Ann is sitting out an awful lot of challenges. Obviously the tribe has no confidence in her ability to win anything.

Posted by Gennenut on 02-23-04 at 12:03 PM
Let me toss 2 other things into this mix.

1)If they have rc and ic every 3 days then they must set these things up well in advance so they arent rushing around 2 hours before challenge getting stuff set up. They didnt have ic when Jenna 6 left and reused it the next "week". that would mean that the ic we see this week would most likely have been meant for another week beyond this and was set up well in advance when they wouldnt know which teams would be around still so they would have to put the flags of all 3 colors up.

2)Didnt someone on Mogo -mogo say if they could get another food provider that rich would be the 1st to go? Well if they get rupert then rich would be the 1st to go. I think that comment was foreshadowing that rupert would be on Mogo Mogo. Also I can see Rob M taking the girls as they are eye candy and not a threat to him for authority and would be easy to boot where ethan and rupert might not and probably would challenge him for the leadership position.

So I agree Saboga gets dissolved and I think Mogo mogo looses ic and Rich goes. Jenna has already gone so the "king" wont go 1st, he goes 2nd... Also foreshadowing thanks to Shi-ann.

Just my take on the whole thing.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-23-04 at 12:21 PM
Good point, gennenut -- this should really have been the Ep 4 IC, when there were still three tribes. Still you'd think someone on production would notice that the yellow banner was no longer needed, and take it down.

Yes I could see Rob M wanting his own personal harem to control (the better to rub Ethan's face in it); and I'm sure Tom wouldn't mind either. That alone might be enough to get Sue booted if Chapera goes to TC -- she's not "eye candy".

Posted by bdemoney on 02-23-04 at 01:28 PM
I have been doing some thinking outside of the box, and wanted to hear others ideas on it.

First, I know we are all assuming it is either Saboga (most likely) or MM to lose the RC challenge. What if it is Chapera who loses the RC?

For instance the vid cap of Sue next to Jenna L. could be because Chapera is broken up and Sue goes to Saboga. I know this is highly unlikely since the two tribees are then living on MM and Chapera's island but perhaps the new Saboga tribe just lives on Chapera's island afterwards?!

Then Rob M. would go to Mogo Mogo (still pairing himself up against Ethan later). Unfortunately I still can't figure out where the remaining Chapera tribe members would end up but it is a possiblity, isn't it?

If all tribes are still able to wear their original tribes buff colors then the colored buffs wouldn't mean that Chapera or MM were still intact.

Does this theory hold water or is there no way it could work out? I realize that Saboga's raft looks like it will lose the RC but am trying to play a bit of the devil's advocate here.

Also, what if the "bamboozled" part is that the raft that your tribe built isn't the one you use in the RC challenge. That could certainly leave us seeing Rob M. saying he's been bamboozled by losing the RC. (after building a much better raft than Saboga) Ok, poke away at my strange theory!!

Posted by lizzmac on 02-23-04 at 02:08 PM
Thinking outside the box always encouraged - and I said the same thing post before yours , about Saboga winning, but they live at Chapera because Chapera's camp is the bomb. - would explain some of the unanswered questions we have.

Not sure I completely buy into this, but it intrigues me...

Lizzmac

Posted by Get Bent on 02-23-04 at 02:10 PM
bdemoney,

I am also trying to think outside of the box and ask questions like you.

I actually like your idea of Chapera losing the RC. I was kicking that around for myself. They showed Chapera not taking the RC seriously (Tom getting drunk, all goofing a little) and implyed that Rupert may get redeemed by his raft. I really don't think MB would advertise this or make it a huge part of the story if Rupert lost the RC. He loves Rupert, knows America does, and would not push the redemption idea on us if Rupert failed again IMHO.

I was compiling a list of the new Saboga and new Mogo Mogo based on what we have seen in the vid caps and the possibility of Chapera losing.

If Chapera loses, the teams could be:
Team 1 = Rob, Tom, Richard, Shii Ann, Lex, Kathy, Colby
Team 2 = Jenna, Ethan, Rupert, Jerri, Sue, Amber, Alicia

Shii Ann, Tom and Richard all seen coming from the left, so maybe on the same team (buff issue put aside). Team 2 because most likely Jenna is battling Richard in the P in P vid caps (it may be Lex, but now leaning toward Jenna), and then Jenna is also seen with Sue and Amber. Originally I thought the vid cap of the three ladies could be taken at the challenge. It still may be, but it is a moving shot. When do they take moving shots? Well if it is not at the IC, then it is obviously at camp. So Sue and Amber join Jenna and Ethan. Then if Tom and Rob M are on the same side as Shii Ann, Mogo Mogo 2 is complete. So Alicia on Saboga 2 completes the tribe.

So Team 1 would have 5 men and Team 2 two men, but very strong women. How would this happen? Mogo Mogo wins the RC, Saboga 2nd. MM picks a person first, Rob M. Saboga picks second, picks Alicia or Sue instead of Tom. They are very strong women and almost equal to Tom. Then MM would pick Tom, and Saboga having a person short, would get the two remaining Chapera women.

Still just thinking it through!

Posted by bdemoney on 02-23-04 at 02:20 PM
You know if this turns out to be the case, (that Chapera is the tribe that is dissolved), it may help to explain how both Rob and Amber make it so far (possibly) in the game, with out others breaking them up. They could be sent to other tribes and not be together again until the merge. Just a thought.

Posted by Blow by Blow on 02-23-04 at 02:30 PM
Just to pick away at the 'Chapera loosing' idea. I think we all agree that the next RC will require the tribes to build a raft at camp and then compete with it at the challenge. Saboga is again at a disadvantage because they don't have anyone to 'sit out' and take care of camp. The other two tribes will still have a fifth person available to tend the fire, cook food, gather firewood, etc, while the Sabogas will need to take someone away from the raft building to do this.

I know, raft building probably won't take a full day like the shelter building, but the disadvantage is still there. Also, Rupert is no lightweight and that'll probably be a further hindrance in the raft challenge.

Note to MB: let even the shorthanded tribe sit one player out of the challenges.

-BbB

Posted by flygirl on 02-23-04 at 10:18 PM
Bdemoney - I like the idea of "thinking outside the box". It would explain the title "I've been Bamboozled". I also think this is the only way that Ramber could advance in the game. They are safe as an alliance in a small tribe (especially THAT small tribe) but they would probably run into trouble in a merge situation.

Posted by Markopolo100 on 02-24-04 at 01:50 AM
>Good point, gennenut -- this should
>really have been the Ep
>4 IC, when there were
>still three tribes. Still
>you'd think someone on production
>would notice that the yellow
>banner was no longer needed,
>and take it down.

Brownroach, even the merged tribe challenges have all three flags on them

I don't have any pics on me, but I know we discussed this last season in the Pearl Islands. (someone thought it was a twist, but it wasn't because all the merged challenges had three flags.)

Posted by udg on 02-24-04 at 02:54 AM
Brownroach, even the merged tribe challenges have all three flags on them

It's been 2 flags in past seasons. But, here you go. From Pearl Islands Ep 11 IC.

---
UDG

Posted by Markopolo100 on 02-24-04 at 04:27 AM
From the Episode 5 CBS press release

Two men battle for the crown of "King Neptune" as fishing becomes a competition in and of itself."

Sounds like Rupert goes to Mogo Mogo. I think Mogo Mogo wins the reward challenge.

And with Rupert on Mogo Mogo, I think Chapera loses the immunity challenge.

Rupert, Colby, Lex, Rich (minus knocked out Ethan) can beat Chapera (minus Tom and probably minus DQ'ed Rob)

Posted by udg on 02-24-04 at 07:53 AM
Two men battle for the crown of "King Neptune" as fishing becomes a competition in and of itself.

That does sound like a Rupert/"King" Richard thing; however, last week and the week before, we had Rupert and ETHAN competing to catch fish. Could we be putting too much weight on the word "King" and not enough on last episode's Saboga dynamic?

---
UDG

"Battle for King"
Posted by Scarlett O Hara on 02-24-04 at 09:43 AM
Everyone has been wondering -- WHERE'S RUPERT? -- I think this settles it. He's at Mogo Mogo with Richard. The battle for KING is now decisive between Richard and Rupert or Dicque and Hagrid. And wasn't it Rupert who bragged to us all at the S-7 finale of how he KNEW he could beat Hatch aka the King. Rupert is our King Neptune!

Scarlett

"RE: Battle for King"
Posted by thetick on 02-24-04 at 01:27 PM

I initially also thought this must mean that Rupert and Richard ended up together, most likely at MM, to battle it out for supremacy of the seas. But it now occurs to me that it really doesn't have to have any significance to tribal makeup. We've seen what a big baby Rupert can be, and how superior he has acted towards Ethan regarding the fishing. How do you imagine lil rupie reacted towards seeing all the acclaim/attention Richard got from his tribe and JP for catching the three eels?

"Hey, those are MY eels! They were caught at MY island in MY ocean. I bet he stole MY spear to catch them with. I'll show him, I'll catch a whole bunch more of MY fish, and then everyone will love ME."

The second the eels were mentioned at the challenge last episode, Rupert was in a contest with Hatch in his own feeble mind, whether Richard or anyone else realized it. Even if they don't end up on the same tribe, I could easily see a scenario where Rupert shows up at the RC boasting of how many more fish he caught, which in his mind makes him better than Richard. Whether Dicque deigns to notice lil rupie and respond to him is up to the whims of Dicque. But I don't think those two have to be anywhere near each other for Rupert to want to compete with Richard

Posted by Flowerpower on 02-24-04 at 02:18 PM
I think that "2 men battle for supremacy: who's the better man for the tribe" ASSumes that the men involved are indeed on the same tribe....so this could refer to Rupert and Rich if they end up on the same tribe, or perhaps Rupert and Ethan.

Posted by geg6 on 02-24-04 at 02:38 PM
Gotta agree with you, Flowerpower. The wording definitely indicates that the two battling for fishing supremacy are on the same tribe. I have to believe that it's Rupie and Dicque trying to one-up one another.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-24-04 at 02:46 PM
I would entertain udg's idea that it could be Rupert and Ethan -- i.e. they are both trying to prove their worth to their new Mogomogamates. Two things, though:

1) Ethan hasn't caught any fish yet and would seem the no-brainer loser of such a battle; and

2) Since Mogo Mogo already has Dicque, it doesn't *need* either Rupert or Ethan to catch fish; so for them to compete with each other seems pointless.

So I'd have to say the battle is between King Dicque, trying to hang onto his throne, and Rupert, attempting to usurp it.

Posted by raidersfantom on 02-24-04 at 02:58 PM
There is no battle between Ethan and Poopert for "King Neptune" status. Ethan can't catch fish, he just plain sucks at it.

On the last episode when Richard brought back the eels, Kathy called him Mogo squared's own King Neptune, at least I think it was Kathy, ain't got the tape here at work ;) So King Richard is Mogo's own "King Neptune", Poopert is PI's "King Neptune", and the two of them have to be battling for supremacy.

Just as a little aside, when Rupert said he knew he could beat Richard Hatch, at the PI reunion, wasn't he just answering Jiffy's question of why he went on the show. I'm gonna watch the end again tonight before AI3, just to see what it was he said exactly. If memory serves me correctly, Jiffy asked Rupert why he tried out for Survivor PI and Rupert said, "ever since I saw the first one, I just knew I could beat Richard Hatch" I don't remember it being in reference to ASS, but just a general comment.

Posted by Brownroach on 02-24-04 at 03:05 PM
Just as a little aside, when Rupert said he knew he could beat Richard Hatch, at the PI reunion, wasn't he just answering Jiffy's question of why he went on the show.

Yes he was, ostensibly -- but combined with Jiffy's nervous expression and hasty reply about "how Richard Hatch gets grief from everyone", it led people to believe Rupert spilled something about ASS.

"Rupert's Hatch quote"
Posted by udg on 02-24-04 at 04:59 PM
Jeff asked a question about did Rupert expect the popularity. Rupert replies, Never in a million years, blah, blah, blah.

Rupert: ...I knew I wanted to come play Survivor and be on it ever since I saw Richard Hatch out there playing around. I knew I could ******* beat him. But...*laughs*

*applause & laughter*

Jeff: *laughing* Poor Richard Hatch. He gets... He gets knocked around more than anybody.

---
UDG

"RE: Rupert's Hatch quote"
Posted by raidersfantom on 02-25-04 at 09:40 AM
Exactly, I just reviewed it last night myself. Same quote I was gonna post. Looks like Poopert spoiled nothing.

Posted by thetick on 02-25-04 at 00:18 AM
Oh, I am 100% with you that the King Neptune reference from Kathy means that it must be Richard and Rupert in the fishing showdown. I just don't see it that it must be the two fo them in the same tribe. That idea seems to hang on the c-BS website preview info which states something along the lines of "two men battle for supremacy, who is the best man for the tribe?" I realize that the phrase "THE tribe" implys the two fishing combatants are in the same tribe. But, and its a big but, this is the c-BS promo fluff we're talking about. I gave up expecting exact semantical integrity from them many seasons ago. Every boot is "THE MOST SHOCKING EVER" according to that same fluff. feh... I don't expect precision from it anymore.

Posted by Get Bent on 02-24-04 at 03:01 PM
Gotta agree with the fishing competition being on the same tribe. However, this tease could be a little CBS-Misdirection, assuming that the two biggest fishermen of Rich and Rupert end up on the same tribe. We have also been given the foreshadowing of Ethan and Rupert competing. Rupert even says Ethan should not turn it into a competition. So I am not trying to jump to conclusions of Rupert and Rich on one team yet.

The King reference does lead me to be about 60% sure that it does refer to Rich and not Ethan.

What if Ethan and Rich who the competition is between? Unlikely I know, but it is the other possibility. Ethan and Rich both feel very vulnerable as former winners and would compete to try to see who the best man is for the tribe.

Posted by Avid Fan on 02-24-04 at 02:57 PM
Wahoo, 2nd post. I have to agree with thetick. I think it's just a little bit of MB trying to throw us off. I predict Saboga losing the RC and Jerri and Ethan heading to Mogo Mogo. Along those lines, if I'm going to stick to my guns, I have to belive it's just Rupert creating the challenge within his own mind. We will likely see him out fishing before the RC or afterwards, pre IC. Regardless, I see it as something he does, for himself, in order to proclaim to to himself and all of America that He "beat Richard Hatch".

On a side note, the original footage for this upcoming week stated something along the lines of 2 people competing for their tribe, something like that. That originally made me think it was 2 folks on the same tribe but later I realized it could simply be 2 opposing players competing to win something for their respective tribes...same thing as the King Neptune.

AF