URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID54
Thread Number: 484
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"AND THE CAPITAL OF URAGUAY IS - -"

Posted by proofofnolife on 07-15-04 at 06:42 PM
LAST EDITED ON 07-16-04 AT 07:32 AM (EST)

I could only roar with laughter and still not be surprised or disappointed that Ali, Nicole and the bowling moms prounounced it as MONTI VIDEO INSTEAD OF MON TI VI DEO. I believe only the older internet dating couple and the father daughter team pronounced it correctly. We all know it does not take brains to get chosen for reality t.v., just a willingness to make all our pre-formed opinions come true! My apologies to those who noticed my typo URUGUAY- not Uraguay! OMG I am turning into a couch potato reality tv show contestant!

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: AND THE CAPITAL OF URAGUAY IS - -"
Posted by PepeLePew13 on 07-15-04 at 06:57 PM
Well, I'd laugh along with your post, except that the country's name misspelled in your subject header is Uruguay ... not "Uraguay."

©Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
"If you're not confused, you're not paying attention." Tom Peters
"LOL!"
Posted by zombiebaby on 07-15-04 at 09:20 PM
Pepe makes me laugh!

But I did notice they said that and it just grates on my ears when I hear people mispronounce stuff.

One more of J Slice's Awesome Creations!

The fellowship of the banana has begun...

Posted by proofofnolife on 07-16-04 at 07:35 AM
Thank you - my stupidity is duly noted - I guess I should spell check before I hastily write a dumb mistake like that. Now- on to MONTI VIDEO everyone!

Posted by StarryLuna on 07-16-04 at 09:40 AM
The brothers pronounced it correctly too. But it grated on my ears while they were saying Monty video too.

Slice'n'Dice circa 2004
"Men! As boy crazy as I've been my whole life, I sure can't stand 'em." - Vickie Hiller, Down With Love

Posted by PrimeCupEevee on 07-16-04 at 01:49 PM
I would have to include here that my Spanish teacher pronounced it MONTY VIDEO, so all the students in my class were pronouncing the capital of Uraguay incorrectly. And they said The Amazing Race was useless of information...

"was your Spanish teacher"
Posted by moonbaby on 07-16-04 at 07:15 PM
Peggy Hill?

"RE: was your Spanish teacher"
Posted by Molaholic on 07-16-04 at 07:58 PM
Moonbaby, you have just won the best reply award (animated division).

BTW ... with all that MONTY VIDEO talk, I kept looking out for John Cleese and Eric Idle.

spam spam spam spam and spam

A.S.S. PTB Red Points CONSOLATION winner
sigpic a GeorgiaBelle creation MMIV