URL: http://community.realitytvworld.com/cgi-sys/cgiwrap/rtvw2/community/dcboard.cgi
Forum: DCForumID45
Thread Number: 484
[ Go back to previous page ]

Original Message
"Reunion"

Posted by LadyT on 09-09-05 at 07:38 PM
I watched this show last night and I was so impressed. It moved fast and tied all the core characters together. I love Sam and Will. Right now they are my favorites. I can't believe what happened to Will. I can't wait til next week and 1987 Plus the music and the clothes were dead on!

TishyTime

Table of contents

Messages in this discussion
"RE: Reunion"
Posted by volsfan on 09-10-05 at 09:04 AM
I watched about 20 minutes and had to move on. I didn't like how they were switching back and forth from current times to the 80's. I had really big hopes but for me they fell way short of what I was expecting. I don't think I am going to watch.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by CattyChat on 09-10-05 at 12:38 PM
I really enjoyed it, too. This is going to be one of those guilty pleasure shows. I taped it Thur night & watched it last night. I was happy to be able to rewind & go over some scenes.

Yes, the clothes & music were pretty on point. Makes me reminisce. Can't believe I'll be coming up to my 20th reunion in 3 years (yikes).

Oh & I jumped sky high when that pickup smashed into Will's side of the car. I wasn't expecting it & boy, it freaked me out.

I'll be watching. Can't wait to try to figure out who was murdered & who the killer is. Let the mystery unfold . . .

Posted by LozengeofLove on 09-11-05 at 01:35 AM
I really liked it and will definitely be watching week after week, but I hope the writing improves a little bit.

Handcrafted by RollDDice

Posted by weltek on 09-13-05 at 09:17 AM
I felt the writing was a little simplistic. I will give it one more shot, but I don't have high expectations.

Posted by RealityMom on 09-11-05 at 08:46 PM
I liked the show a lot. I thought all six characters were appealing. I really like the concept of showing us their lives in flashback, one year at a time. Most reunion stories involve a crime from the past and show how the characters have dealt with it but showing us how their lives have led to a crime that occurs in the present is a really clever idea. I love "Cold Case" and its depiction of the music, clothes,decor of a certain time period, so reliving the 80s and 90s will be part of the pleasure of "Reunion".

Posted by Glow on 09-12-05 at 12:36 PM
I really liked it. I can't wait to watch it this week. I hope my excitement for it remains warranted.

Posted by trigirl on 09-13-05 at 03:39 PM
Liked it too! Hope I don't get hooked and then they go and cancel it. Hate when that happens.

Posted by SilverStar on 09-13-05 at 04:20 PM
I liked it as well. I really like the premise of doing a year of their lives in each episode, I think it will be interesting.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

Posted by LozengeofLove on 09-15-05 at 09:13 AM
Episode 2 won't air tonight folks, in case you missed it. It'll air next week. Georgie is giving some speech instead.

Handcrafted by RollDDice

"George"
Posted by trigirl on 09-15-05 at 10:19 AM
Doesn't that darn George know that we Canadians much prefer our shmaltzy soap tv shows to his yada yada yada.

"RE: George"
Posted by SilverStar on 09-15-05 at 12:07 PM
It isn't only Canadians.

She nice, the Syren.

Posted by mrc on 09-15-05 at 12:33 PM
I like the premise, but the writing and acting was pretty flat. Plus, I keep thinking Will Estes should be in Vietnam.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

Posted by LadyT on 09-15-05 at 01:44 PM
Heheheh!!!
Me too! I loved him on American Dreams

TishyTime

Posted by Xcited DesWif on 09-28-05 at 08:56 AM
I LOVE Will, and yeah it is weird to watch him in a totally different setting. By the way, what happened to American Dreams...anyone know?

"Amanda Righetti"
Posted by Hoobie on 09-16-05 at 01:34 PM
Amanda Righetti has been on the O.C. and North Shore. It is so odd to see her now on Reunion. She needs to find something and stick with it. I like her as an actress, but this role-jumping will not bode well for her in the long run.

Overall, Great show. I was hooked within the first 10 minutes.

"RE: Amanda Righetti"
Posted by LadyT on 09-16-05 at 03:31 PM
Who did she play on the OC? I can't place her.

TishyTime

"RE: Amanda Righetti"
Posted by true on 09-16-05 at 04:55 PM
She played Hailey, Kirsten's sister.

Posted by Fox41 on 09-19-05 at 01:52 PM
I saw a rerun of episode 1 on Friday. I like the show. But the acting is TERRIBLE. I'm going to give it one more try this Thursday. If I can't get over the BAD acting I'll stop watching.

The Hollywood big wigs wouldn't know what real talent was if it licked them on the a$$.

"1987 Episode"
Posted by mrc on 09-23-05 at 09:16 AM
Meh. I wasn't impressed. It was pretty predictable.

"Agree"
Posted by zombiebaby on 09-23-05 at 07:31 PM
Wasn't as 1987 as I expected either. The Whitesnake dudes were horrible.

My guess? Preggy chick will tell rich boyfriend that baby was his to get it back cause she will have a better chance with him than the ex-con.

I have to say the end was a bit of a suprise though.

Look at me I got a Sweet Summer Syren Siggie!

"RE: Agree"
Posted by mrc on 09-26-05 at 11:47 AM
The minute I saw that she was confessing to a priest, I knew it was Will.

Posted by Hoobie on 09-26-05 at 04:41 PM
I don't think that was Will...I think that was the guy that Carla's secretly in love with, and Jenna slept with (can't remember his name). He looked a little like Will because of the changed hair color...but check out the eyes and lips.

Posted by Xcited DesWif on 09-28-05 at 08:59 AM
You mean when she was in the confession booth? I gotta a gree with you, I don't think it was Will either. Especially now that they showed Will as a priest at the end....the writers may not be the best, but that would be TOO obvious.

Posted by mrc on 09-30-05 at 08:14 AM
Good thing we dodn't have a bet going.

A PhoenixMons(ter) Creation

Posted by Fox41 on 09-26-05 at 00:20 AM
Okay. I gave episode 2 a try. Reunion is not my cup of tea. I just can't get over the bad acting. And it's kind of slow & really stupid, (like some poor kid is really going to do prison time for some rich f*cker, ... RIGHT!)
I'm done with this show.

"9-29-05"
Posted by mrc on 09-30-05 at 08:16 AM
I saw the detective's link to the dead guy coming from a mile away. This is a great concept gone horribly wrong. Anyone wanna bet it won't reappear after baseball?

A PhoenixMons(ter) Creation

Posted by celinedion1 on 10-11-05 at 03:01 AM
LAST EDITED ON 10-11-05 AT 03:02 AM (EST)

I really like this show, and I'm looking forward to this weeks episode. I unfortunately have only got to see the first episode of this and part of the 2nd because I have had family staying with me and then time that it comes on everyone wants to sleep. So hopefully this week I will get cought up on what has happened.

Posted by Loree on 10-11-05 at 04:39 PM
Well we now know another character who was not the murder victim. So the one who is killed is one of the remaining 3. I am surprised they are revealing it this quickly.

"11-3 Episode"
Posted by mrc on 11-08-05 at 08:36 AM
Pretty good, actually. The one-night stand between Cute Photographer Girl and Coffee Empire Dude was stoopid, and the outbreak of goatees to make the guys look older in present day is laughable.

Otherwise, Convict-Priest Dood was instrumental in helping bring down Richie Rich's dad. Convict-Priest Dood then visited Richie Rich's fiance (Slutty Mom) on the day of their wedding and tried to convince her to leave. Also, Second-Rate Celebrity Girl dissed Cute Photographer Girl by not showing her protfolio to her agent, and Cute Photographer Girl is probably going to hook up with Psycho Adoptive Father, whose Crazy Nutjob Wife left him for no apparent reason.

Oh, and Richie Rich is a COngressman now and paralyzed from the waist down.

Next week, we find out who was murdered. It's either Slutty Mom or Second-Rate Celebrity Girl. My vote is on the latter, who has contributed nothing to the plot. No.thing.

Slice & Dice Chop Shop 2004
The acting is still bad, btw.

"RE: 11-3 Episode"
Posted by LadyT on 11-08-05 at 07:24 PM
I think Slutty Mom was killed and I think that, at least right now that Congressman did it. Revenge thing. He may have been going after Preist and got Slutty Mom instead

TishyTime

Posted by true on 11-10-05 at 09:24 AM
I also think Slutty Mom was the one murdered, BUT, I think the daughter did it. That's why the others are trying to cover it up. Convict-Priest Dude and Cute Photographer Girl know what happened. If Paralyzed Rich Congressman Dude was the killer, they'd turn him over in a heartbeat.

Posted by mrc on 11-11-05 at 10:12 AM
I agree with you, true. I told DW that very thing when we watched last week's episode.

"I knew it!"
Posted by true on 02-02-06 at 11:02 AM
So, I just read in this weeks TV Guide that the creators of Reunion hinted that Amy (Sam's daughter) would have, most likely, turned out to be the killer. I guess since I figured it out so early on, I'm glad it got cancelled, as anything THAT EASY to figure would have turned out to be a big disappointment in the end. blah.

"11-10 episode"
Posted by mrc on 11-15-05 at 11:54 AM
I hate how this show is so predictable (the abuse storyline, for example), yet there is always an unexpected twist (Slutty Mom as the murder vic). I would rather have consistency in writing and acting than the current attempts to sucker in viewers with big surprises.

But I'm still watching, so I guess I'm the sucker.

"RE: Random!"
Posted by uglier than sarah w on 11-17-05 at 11:03 AM
The guy who plays Craig (the one that looks like Tom Cruise) is in the movie Yours, Mine, and Ours about the family with 18 kids. Haha... gives me a good excuse to take my nieces to the movies this holiday season, huh?

"RE: 11-10 episode"
Posted by LadyT on 11-17-05 at 02:54 PM
I just want to know who did it. My guess is abuse girl right now. I will probably change my mind several times

TishyTime

"11-17 Episode"
Posted by AugustGirl on 11-20-05 at 11:09 AM
Any ideas why Second Rate Celebrity Girl hates Rich Congressman Dude so much? Other than the fact he is a rich congressman?

I do have to admit I was a little suprised at the end when Slutty Mom and Second Rate Celebrity Girl helped Cute Photography Girl get the daughter away from Psycho Nutjob dad.

Previews for the next episode look pretty good. Slutty Mom calls out Rich Congressman Dude for having a fling (like we didn't know that was going to happen--the fling that is.) Slutty Mom admits she picked the wrong guy (like we didn't already know that).

Kudos to Mrc for the fun nicknames.

"RE: 11-17 Episode"
Posted by LadyT on 11-20-05 at 07:12 PM
I think Slutty Mom will divorce Congressman and realize American Dreams Boy is for her, just as he takes his Preist vows. I think B Celebrity Star either has a relationship or marries Congressman in a few years. Ends badly which explains the anger.

I too love how Slutty Mom calls out Slutty Secretary at Thanksgiving dinner.
However, I don't think I can watch it

TishyTime

"Cancelled"
Posted by KScott on 11-29-05 at 08:48 AM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but...

"LOS ANGELES, California (Hollywood Reporter) -- It's the end of the road for three freshman series: ABC's "Hot Properties," CBS' "Threshold" and Fox's "Reunion."

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/TV/11/29/television.cancel.reut/index.html

A Syren original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

"NOOO!!!"
Posted by LadyT on 11-29-05 at 11:44 AM
But who did it??

TishyTime

"RE: NOOO!!!"
Posted by DebCapsFan on 12-01-05 at 08:26 AM
So are we going to learn who did it? Goodbye to my guilty pleasure.

"I think you will find out."
Posted by KScott on 12-01-05 at 08:33 AM
From Spoiler FX

"FOX is supposed to air the 13 episodes they ordered. Reunion will come to an end on Feb. 2, as producers work hard to tie up its sprawling murder mystery a few "years" ahead of schedule."

A Syren original
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...but a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn... that was fun!"

Posted by SurvivorBlows on 12-07-05 at 01:03 AM
I hate it when networks do this:

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/fox-canceled-reunion-end-without-revealing-murderer-identity-1006435.php

Posted by true on 12-07-05 at 07:31 AM
Me too! This is exactly why I hesitate to watch any new series until they get renewed for a second season.

I don't see any point in watching the remaining shows to be aired.

oh and btw..if we're whore posters becuz we're posting and that means we want attention then doesn't that make bebo our pimp?

"Network TV Svcks!!"
Posted by trigirl on 12-07-05 at 11:22 AM
I said it in another thread and I'll say it here...

Networks Svck!

I started watching Prison Break and Reunion this year, almost accidentally. I wasn't going to. I consciously decided to not watch new shows this year. Invasion sounded good. So did Earl and Commander In Chief. From now on, I'll wait until the DVD comes out because I will not invest any time in a show that is not a guarantee. I'd rather watch reruns of Law and Order.

Hey Bebo, remember Push, Nevada? <TriGirl stomps off...>

Posted by mrc on 12-07-05 at 01:32 PM
Well. Ain't that a kick in the nuts.

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

"12-8 Episode?"
Posted by mrc on 12-11-05 at 09:51 PM
I missed it. Not that we should care anymore, but anyone see it?

A Slice of Us for the Rest of Us!

"RE: 12-8 Episode?"
Posted by bighair on 12-13-05 at 05:20 PM
There are episode recaps on the FOX homepage

http://www.fox.com/reunion/recaps/1993.htm

Posted by Hoobie on 12-22-05 at 05:45 PM
I am extremely disappointed. This sucks beyond sucking. It seems that Fox pulls A LOT of stuff before the end (reality & non-reality). Who can I write to? Do they care? They are becoming a joke.

"I complained"
Posted by trigirl on 12-25-05 at 00:55 AM
I e-mailed FOX. Between abandoning Reunion and the ridiculous scheduling of Prison Break...I will not start watching any new FOX shows in the future.

Posted by AugustGirl on 12-28-05 at 08:49 AM
They are becoming a joke.

Becoming? They have been a joke. I have never forgiven them for cancelling Wonderfalls after 7 episodes. Stupid Fox.

Posted by LadyT on 03-09-06 at 09:14 PM
My computer was broken or I would have posted about this earlier. Most sources say that Amy killed Sam, and a member of the six was in the room with her. However a rumor was also going around that they scratched that scenario because too many people were figuring it out. So they changed it too Congressman's father. For revenge reasons. It was very convoluted. TV Guide did say AMy though.

Anyway I am disappointed because I thought the whole point of the show was that one of the six was killed and one of the six was the killer

TishyTime